BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
48/96
Last counter update:
2018-09-21 04:25:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Make (canon) Guilds great again!!
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm 
Recognized Member

If anyone is interested in joining a non-racist guild, pm me. Orcs love all you sub-races equally.

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm 
Custom Content

I feel we'd be bending the rules within the FRealms if we were to blur the lines set in place around factions and organisations just to allow for OOC ease.

If we're to suddenly blur the lines and allow non-earthborn (even though biologicially all races are star born! :D ) races into a dwarven alliance, which also houses some rock gnomes and earth genasi.
What's to stop an evil necro army summoning palemaster from wanting to join the Church of Lathandar, because they want someone to play with?
There are probably other exagerated examples.

My point is, there should be some exclusions around many of the factions/guilds/organisations present on the Coast.
If all were to allow all types of races, professions, backgrounds into their groups, then "how would you clearely define" one organisation from the other?
All of a sudden they'd turn into social clubs.

----

Hey Aaron,
Quote:
Orcs love all XP equally.

fixed it for ya :P :dance: :crying-pink:

~Various Kraak Helzak Dwarves.
~Claret - Tethyrian Vintner.
~Wouveir

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:41 am 
Recognized Member

Darkcloud777 wrote:
because you posted on this thread that you would not set limitations. I posted why if you follow the links. I believe you mentioned having a rp reason to join?

Can you show me where I stated I would not set limitations, and in what context?

I think you have failed to actually do your homework, if you are taking the newly posted, revamped Kingdom of Kraak Helzak post that I produced, and trying to leverage the content there to somehow shame me in order to see something happen that would benefit your OOC desires. :|

What I posted in regard to the Kingdom of KH is long-standing information that has defined Kraak Helzak AS a city-state AND a Player-run guild, things long ago established by Karond, Stonebar and others. And for the fiftieth thousand time, I AM NOT THE (do-me)' GUILD LEADER OF KRAAK HELZAK!!! I play a Character that is an Ambassador to the King and the city-state, forwarding an agenda of recruitment and prosperity for Dwarves, especially Shield Dwarves, AND, when IC actions and Events create it, my Character brings in other PCs, like so far Gnomes, to either citizenship or actual Guild membership (as in taking the Oath of Alliance). I also share the responsibility of the Private Forum Admin, and the responsibility of getting off my arse and making a once dying prominent Guild live again.

How about you come in Character to find out what the new/old Kraak Helzak is about, eh?

First off, you should know by now that if you want to go against the grain of Lore, the best avenue you have for that as a Player, is to work your magic in-character, RPing towards seeing that desire manifest. Being OOC about it will not bring about change.

|> Simsae Orcslayer — Stonesinger: Song of Thunder
|> Hurgon WyrmstoneKraak Helzak Ambassador & Voice of the Deep Mountain
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire
|> Henryk Urdde — Sword of Justice

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 am 

Relax Steve. It was not my intent to trigger cause you to speak out in what I feel from your words to be full of passion. I asked you only because it was mentioned within this forum and I was quoted as stating that the dwarfs are a welcoming guild but that, and I will quote exactly what I posted:
Quote:
in my experience the Kraak Helzak has been a model of openly accepting members, be them new player or veterans. saddly they are limited by race.

your reply I mistook to mean that Kraak Helzak would be open to rp reasons to accept outside races. For that I apologize to you.

as for coming IC. I was doing just that and have approached alot of the new dwarfs that was created due to your earlier posts on this subject. My rp reason again is listed in the following link.

https://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27002&p=730828&hilit=revenark#p730828

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:33 am 
Recognized Member

Why is it “sadly” that KH limits themselves to race, or races? That is a statement in itself that implies a negative about the guild from the get go!

Anyway, your referenced quote is dated from 1-year ago, and I myself am unfamiliar IC and OOC with Revenark, so whatever you’re trying to get recognized is unfortunately lost on me.

I hope another Player/toon can help you out here, or, you will need to re-RP your interests with the current crop of guild member dwarves, mine included, if you have further RP you want to develop with KH.

|> Simsae Orcslayer — Stonesinger: Song of Thunder
|> Hurgon WyrmstoneKraak Helzak Ambassador & Voice of the Deep Mountain
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire
|> Henryk Urdde — Sword of Justice

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:22 am 

Am I allowed to weigh in? I don't know much about Terri and Revenark's connection, but I know Terri's character and I talk to Revenark's player on a semi-frequent basis. From what I understand, Revenark pseudo-adopted Terri because she kept referring to him as "father". So in some silly sense, she is/was recongised as equal to a dwarf.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:24 am 
Recognized Member

Kind of like Carrot from "Thud!"?

Rashal - Lady's Man, "What do you call a male elf? Pathetic, as it were."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11