Last counter update:
2018-09-19 21:05:47

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best and Wost PVP Encounter
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:57 pm 

The Whistler wrote:
Best: those I've won
Worst: those I've lost

Probably why PvP will never leave the state it is in on this server, because this mentality trends server-wide. Its not something that can be fixed, but something that needs to be accepted.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:01 pm 

Best: The ones I've avoided
Worst: Well, I've avoided all PVP encounters so far... :D

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:10 pm 
Lead Gnome

www.brainyquote.com/topics/motivational wrote:
Infuse your PvP with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own battles. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor the winner, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on the server.

It wasn't Og Mandino that wrote:
Beginning today, treat everyone you PvP as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 pm 
Recognized Member

I believe it was the wise and noble Wez from The Road Warrior that said it best:

Quote:
*No!* *No more talk!* We go in! We kill! Kill! We kill 'em! They kill us, we kill them! Kill 'em! Kill 'em! Kill! Kill!

Shunasassi Immeril Pretty Elf in a Pretty Dress

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 pm 
Forum Moderator

Best

Worst

Mae yr Machshikhah - ???? [Hiatus]
Schezalle - The Black Claws Baeqeshel [Bio] [Stocklist] [RP] [Active]
Aeili Azenci - Baelnorn of Mystra [Deceased]

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:14 pm 
Recognized Member

^ the best 'Best', so far.

Shunasassi Immeril Pretty Elf in a Pretty Dress

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:10 pm 

best : An encounter with Orc chieftain and his mage caster last few months at Reaching Woods and trade insults (i was hidden so i just stood by ready to react.i love Rping as an observer so no talking needed and my character is Neutral Silvanus worshipper so i am not siding with anyone yet but the balanced of the Oakfather). we move to Soubar and the orc was there again starting to intimidate and attacked some low lvls. 2 of the low lvls fell.(i commend sputnik for being true to his RP and being brave and bold to attack like what an Orc should be).
Soon after my PC take the orc down, decided to invite the orc in party to atone for his sins by becoming the front warrior to face against Dracolich. And of course during the havoc, the Orc attempt to escape the area while we face the lich by ourselves.(orc flee was awesome)

worst: it was back in 2010 when i just entered the server. had one lvl 25 surface(Krueger) and one lvl 19 drow. i was trying to see whats inside the lich undead area in UD and does not hide my scry. one person metagame the scry and find me at the area. only one line coming from him which is "bow before lolth and become sacrifice". then he starts shooting at my low lvl non epic drow. no RP out, no tell, not saying sorry for anything and left my drow there. after 1 minute, he log out and never to be seen again. (i was dumb back then so i dont report to DM, and i dont do reporting ever 8 years in the server since i prefer to suck it up and keep IC.)

honorable mention: training with a halfling bloodmage(Pyro). after being bombarded with bigby(no spell mantle and no SR) and shadow simulacrum, my PC still survives(kill my shadow sim and Angel summon) and starts hitting the halfling back again(i love to let the other party start attacking first to be in less advantage position to learn to prepare for the worst) . it was a friendly training so we both dont kill each other. good sport, thanks to Pyro for teaching me how to fight mages. "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger".

Krueger~ Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Diana~ Nightwatch viewtopic.php?f=20&t=63287

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 pm 

Best: those Orcs who were pretending to be Human Paladins bullied and attempted to recruit my Half Orc. It was a lot of fun and I found myself adventuring just to prepare myself for the next encounter.

Worst: a Stormlord (or Stormlord wannabe) is bullying my PC. He asks if I consent to PVP, I say yes. Other PCs step up to help me out. They ask if he consents to PVP. He says no loooooooool. IIRC you could still determine your level relative to others via description at that time.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:20 pm 

c2k wrote:
Probably why PvP will never leave the state it is in on this server, because this mentality trends server-wide. Its not something that can be fixed, but something that needs to be accepted.
Yes, very insightful social analysis

It was a joke btw

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:13 am 

Best PvP encounters?

A) From the top of my hat... I recall my first Dwarven Battlerager who was into some good old fashioned drunken pugilist with an actual investment in the Taunt skill. :lol: This was back in the days when pretty much every other non-magical melee character was a Rogue 4/Fighter 14/Weapon Master 7/Frenzied Berserker 5. Thus from level 1 to level 30, he would challenge every heavily armored tin can who brandished a weapon into a match of honest and fair fisticuffs!

I had a great laugh with the character in character and out of character. It was just plain fun to role play, and I did find it amusing how the most blood-thirsty individuals the Sword Coast had seen suddenly turned all timid once this dwarf of mine talked them into a corner they could not escape from. They just did not want to let go of their Falchions of Doom in order to trade blows with fists in a manly, honest, manner. :lol:

B) Oh, what about the time I actually rolled a Bard and talked in rhyme while sniffing some thyme, while also out insulting players that relied on a Shakespearean Insult Generators! :lol:

C) Oh, oh, what about the time I had a Spirit Shaman in the Flaming Fist and I cast Inferno on those animal companions some adventurers brought into the city without any regard to the setting. If only you knew all those times I just chuckled to myself watching a druid or ranger that brandished weapons being chased down by some burning bear or boar! :lol: 'I do not think you should bring a beast into the city, it might knock over a brazier or two. *Nods-sagely.*'

The worst PvP encounters?

A) I guess because people cared for their mechanical advantages above all else, because I started to get complaints from DMs due to 'far too aggressive roleplay' because some were not 'comfortable with' along with complaint that I was not properly roleplaying a 'Dwarven Defender' and how I was bullying low epics with 'a level 30 character' that in reality was just around level 15...

B) Until I out insulted either a DM's bard or a DM's buddy's bard and was banned for it. I think it might have been on another server though. :oops:

C) Until the DMs decided to axe the Flaming Fist as a player faction due to general complaints and inactivity and forgot about my active character altogether. I think it was only some 3-6 months after the fact that a DM realised I was still playing one... Apparently I did not generate enough complaints the way I handled my character for them to even take notice, even though I kept posting IC reports on the guild sub forums and all that... Probably would still be playing as a member of the Flaming Fist had I not sent a tell to the faction DM in game. :lol: *Sighs.*

I liked that Flaming Fist character of mine and kept trying to argue to bring the faction back, until my insistence on it transformed me into the avatar of all the wrongs the other Flaming Fist players had done or were imagined to have done. (Burning animal companions is a perfectly appropriate in character action... :mrgreen: )

There have been other guard factions since, and I've run into them once here and there. My biggest complaint is the way they handle their guard duty is inflexibility. The insistance on a binary choice between A or B, while there exists an entire alphabet of possibilities. It is also why I eventually gave up on resurrecting the Flaming Fist, and will argue against it these days.

Edit:
There is two sides to each coin. Third if you consider the edge.

- Elminster, probably.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:26 am 

Best:
1) Mass pvp on nwn1 server(10 on 10 or so), i was 20 cler 16 pm 4 bard and we did't lost a single character in our team
2) Cleric with edm and throwing axes vs arcane caster lich on sigil. 40 min, 2 rests and a LOT of potions. No winner tho.
3) On BG it was near frost giants vs DC caster and some sort of 2hander

Worst:
1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x7uQM-9iyM&index=18&list=PLplNoB84R3sdyrNT30b1zdVl9SBqlsDec
2) On BG it was near black dragon vs bard and some sort of melee fighter

Best\Worst in terms of my perfomance