New Face Packs coming in

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

athornforyourheart
Lead Media

New Face Packs coming in

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Hello BGTSCC community,

These last few updates have added a few new faces to the character creation screen for players to select from. These faces revolve around most common races but will eventually span out to ALL races. Yes, this means Genasi as well. I am making this post to point out some things regarding these new faces and some questions/issues that may arise.

1. The Faces are not all universally colored: This means we've tweaked the diffuse maps (skin color map) to blend somewhat near most outfits. Granted outfits are made by different users with different settings and color palettes. So if one outfit does not match your neck to head I suggest try wearing a scarf model or be creative and find some way to make your variety of lego pieces in the app changer to make it work for you. Please do not harass or publicly criticize any of the media team. You can easily just move onto another outfit.

2. Some eye glitch issue(s): In the 2017 face pack update there was a wide learning curve to creating face content for this game. During that time there was a variety of techniques and lingo that were not within the creators knowledge. Among the feedback, the biggest would be the famed eye-popping issue. If you experience this issue in any of these new faces - please notify media team so that we may fix it as we now possess the knowledge to do so. This should not be an issue with these packs. (should not).

Sub-question: Will the old faces be fixed? Answer: Yes, in time, as well as those haks being compressed down to save you some HDD space.

3. Some have asked in the past about color's that are select-able in the faces and cant find a good color to match:
I recommend using the United Colors Addon in the neverwinter vault. You may have noticed others have used this in the past with their character creations to achieve the correct color they are looking for to suit their character's tone requirements. A link here is provided for the addon and its information is on that page:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ted-colors

Lastly, I personally ask that you keep in mind that certain people in the team have spent hundreds (yes hundreds) of hours on these face packs. This includes learning how to just use the 3d program to do it. Face creation isn't as simple as slapping a face in a 3d program and clicking "convert" or "go". It requires tedious work with modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging and weighting. And that is before all the post work and final tweaks per head. This process takes hours on a day. Some members spend 6-8 hours daily for weeks working on face content. This is equivalent to a full time job ( a job that pays well into $40+ /hour). Time that could be used playing any other game or doing any other recreational activity. This is all done free of their time.

I say this because while your feedback matters, the approach on how you give it is just as important. When you publicly or secretly shame/make-fun-of this hard earned work, it really effects the morale of the creator and all the selfless time they've dedicated to you (the player) and the server. This hasn't happened often in the past but as the media team coordinator, I put on a thick skin. But for the sake of new media team members learning the process - I'd hate to see their hard learned efforts feel wasted or wrongfully criticized.

^ This goes as well to all BGTSCC Developers, Area Builders, and Programmers who work hard for you.

TLDR for these last two paragraphs: Please be mindful on how much work goes into content creation. Do not abuse it for the lols. Report major issues but do so kindly. Thank you.

New Face Issue Update:

Went in today to realize there is a texture missing on the new immersive female faces for human,aasimar, and half elf. This issue is tied only to those who click the Toggle Facial Hair option that paints a face tattoo on the character. I imagine nobody has picked one of these faces so want to reassure the missing texture as shown here:

Will be added and fixed so as to appear correctly in the next coming update. Sorry for this distraction. For anyone who is not using the face tattoo option, you should be still good to go. :)

Thank you for your patience in these uncertain times.

Oh, and more face packs are coming. Yes, all other races, this means you. Please don't post requests here.
Last edited by athornforyourheart on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ithilan

Re: New Face Packs coming in

Unread post by Ithilan »

Great job and well done. Cosmetic updates will always be a question of taste and preferences, but any new content should be celebrated and you guys are heroes for slaving away in your spare time, so the rest of us can feel a little prettier.

Much love and appreciation <3
Shandril Brightmantle
"Life is but a mystery to revel in, let the stars guide you through the mist."
Lia'Dris Maendellyn
"We remember cities now in ruin and forests murdered, yet still we sing to the stars and hope for renewal."

Domovoi

Unread post by Domovoi »

I just wanna say, great work on the bearded ones. We were really missing some great bearded faces, and now I'm tempted to roll a wizard even though I don't at all like the class! ^^

Trinket

Unread post by Trinket »

They look fantastic! I can't wait to see what other heads are coming for the other races. Really great job!!!

Domovoi

Unread post by Domovoi »

Also... there is this;
https://imgur.com/a/DY2Ytz5 (Link added because it won't let me embed it somewhy.)

athornforyourheart
Lead Media

I've ran through three faces that I "thought" were the face in the screenshot and I am not grabbing that issue. If you can provide a screenshot of the face in the character gen, I'd really appreciate it. This seems like it might be an isolated issue with a single face. ;)

Domovoi

Unread post by Domovoi »

I've been fiddling around with the new faces, and I've found none of them have any sorta eye issues in the char creator. I've noticed very few of them having issues while idling. But pretty much most of them will have the bulging eyes while going through any of the animations like >a dustoff or >a shrug or so on. I've had the same issue on all of them so far. I'm not sure if it at all matters, but I've got the Charlie's UI and the GPS No-Ring mods installed. Links of both below.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... harlies-ui
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ing-ui-mod

athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Okay so doing a quick test. its the >a feature that is causing the issue. This is primarily because the animation is done using the client extension I believe.

if you type /dustoff instead you'll see the vanilla animation play which should have no issues with the eyes. This also appears the same with /shrug

Because the Client Extension is another user made plugin, I am unable to clearly define the issue without speaking to Skywing first about it. This, of course, will take time. In the interim, if the animation is intolerable, I would suggest attempting the vanilla version.

Hopefully, I can get this situated soon enough. I appreciate you bringing this up. :)

athornforyourheart
Lead Media

**updated original post to address an issue with the female face tattoos