BGTSCC's Server Difficulty

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

edmaster

Re: BGTSCC's Server Difficulty

Unread post by edmaster »

As some one who plays here from time to time on secret account, the server isn't really that difficult, Rather i find the PvE absoultly god awfully boring. Running around in circles in the same place people go too, Xvarts/Wyvern is absolutely *boring*. It is the same issue Skullport/ Darkest of Dreams had with its pve content, you go to a place, run around in circles to smash the mobs for little xp, rinse and repeat for hours until you're either sick of it or have out leveled the place and move on again..., The Dungeons are nice though, Durlag's is top tier.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

And speaking of server difficulty and running in Circles...

Before you could loot the chests twice, and the second time was after twenty or so minutes. Thus, if you had a mechanically weaker build that took longer to progress through some area, you could loot that area twice and call it a day. These days you can only loot it once, and then you get that 5-6 hour cool down, which means that if you desire chest loot you need to storm ahead to the next area, and so on... Which means that even if someone just decides to pop into the same area, you have probably already ran off to the next, and so on, and so on. As a game play loop, it is more interesting than just running in circles in one specific area, but in my opinion it is only really possible with some strength based melee build.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
gedweyignasia
Custom Content

Unread post by gedweyignasia »

YYA wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:42 pm And speaking of server difficulty and running in Circles...

Before you could loot the chests twice, and the second time was after twenty or so minutes. Thus, if you had a mechanically weaker build that took longer to progress through some area, you could loot that area twice and call it a day. These days you can only loot it once, and then you get that 5-6 hour cool down, which means that if you desire chest loot you need to storm ahead to the next area, and so on... Which means that even if someone just decides to pop into the same area, you have probably already ran off to the next, and so on, and so on. As a game play loop, it is more interesting than just running in circles in one specific area, but in my opinion it is only really possible with some strength based melee build.
Remember that the previous mechanic did not allow all party members to loot a chest; it was one chest per 20 minutes, not one chest per person per 20 minutes. (And the gold rewards from chests were much smaller then.)
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

gedweyignasia wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:58 pmRemember that the previous mechanic did not allow all party members to loot a chest; it was one chest per 20 minutes, not one chest per person per 20 minutes. (And the gold rewards from chests were much smaller then.)
And depenging on the party, they either opened a chest together and discussed in character how to split the loot. Generally speaking, the warrior types took the armors, and the mages the scrolls -- or the group would linger in an area until everyone had looted something. These days it is mostly just people queeing silently to get their turn at the chest, unless someone starts asking what the others found and make quick emotes of 'Rummaging through the contents of the chest.*

And in one sense the change was called for, because there were players who ran through the chests once a day or something, and then all others had to wait to find loot in empty chests. Endless source of complaints. But people nevertheless tended to linger in an area longer, thus forming up parties was much easier, because even powerbuilds could not so easily breeze through the chest reset timers.

But there was also an interrim period where everyone could loot within that twenty minute reset, and then the chest timer was expanded and expanded. And at some point it was made the last beyond server resets. So if you do not save regularly, and a DM happens to reset the server, well, no loot for you on that day then.

And if my memory serves, in the very beginning of the server, it used to be one batch of loot per server reset! :lol: You know, all systems have their perks and detriments.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
PaulImposteur
Retired Staff

Unread post by PaulImposteur »

The old chest system was an abomination. I was at the plight of power builders doing all the work, and taking all the goodies. They were dark days, and were grossly unfair. Few people may control the economy now but, so did they back then. At least now the vast vast majority of players have access to decent equipment.

As for grinding, it's silly yes. It'd be nice if we had 4x the XP and it was capped per a day, or every 4 hours it dripped fed more or something. To encourage RP. Leave RP XP uncapped.
User Login: Spidertomb
Hurricane (Dumb Barbarian)
Jordan Steelsplitter (Shady Dwelf)
Roleeda Ganzfried (Insecure Hin Warlock)