Download fails

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

CHILLI

Download fails

Unread post by CHILLI »

Hi everyone,

Just bought NWN2 from GoG to start playing here. However, when I try a Direct Connect, the download is extremely slow - goes down to around 5kb/s (and sometimes even negative speed?!).

Even after waiting for hours to download, it starts downloading what seems to be a new batch and it never ends - the furthest I've reached is around 1700 MBs and then I got disconnected.

Is there a drive or some other location where I can download the files from and finally get to experience the server?
NCrawler
Recognized Donor

Re: Download fails

Unread post by NCrawler »

Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2638
Taran Seven - Divine Champion of Garagos
Lauren Seven - Sister, warrior in training
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

It's not directly mentioned in that post linked above but there is a very good reason to get yourself Client Extension is because Client Extension fixes very weird vanilla game issue where your download speed is actually tied to game screen refresh rate thus causing very slow downloads even when it shouldn't be.
Normally, i myself have about 300 kb/s download speed for server content (it's still not super good, but i myself live very far from server location).

After you downloaded client extension, you just launch the game through it instead of game executable. You will know it's running if you see that aside from game, you get a "nwn2 client extension console" window. Aside from indication, it does show your combat log to you which can be really handy for checking how you rolled etc. Many more of its functionality is located in its readme. For now, let's focus on most essential ones:
1) It often speeds up download a lot.
2) It fixes many of vanilla game crashes, so you won't crash to desktop that often compared without it.
Everything else like macros etc is optional for you to use or not.
CHILLI

Unread post by CHILLI »

Thank you for the help. I've downloaded the folders from DiceyCZ's OneDrive and I was able to log in.

My suggestion would be to include a link to that topic somewhere next to the 'Direct Connect' button so that other new users with the same issue can find that information easily.