RP-Critique/Support/Self Monitoring Club

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

aaron22
Recognized Donor

Re: RP-Critique/Support/Self Monitoring Club

Unread post by aaron22 »

i have lately been encountering alot more PvP with my orc, Khar. this is obviously due to the way I RP confrontations with non-orcs and that i have moved Khar into areas that are frequented with such groups. If anyone has felt mistreated, bullied or disrespected by the way I play khar, then let me know.

Thanks...
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
grymhild
Recognized Donor

Unread post by grymhild »

If anyone would like to offer feedback or suggestions on Vierda Zau'afin, she'll be waiting in the temple sharpening her sacrificial blade. ;-)

Really though, I would appreciate honest feedback, bad or good, and any thoughts or suggestions or questions about her IC roleplay.

~Grymhild

as far as -my- ooc behavior... :/
Hidden: show
I feel bad and want to offer an apology for my distracting, disrespectful and frankly immature ooc behavior and comments that have come up at least a couple of times recently while playing Vierdra. :-(

This really belongs in a separate thread, and I'll put a link to that thread here when I create it.

until then, if I have ooc offended you, please let the Head DMs or administrators know.
Drathyrra [perma-dead]
Gilia Glandertor [inactive]
Grimhildr Ulvsdatter [active]
Iradortha "Iri" Umbrynthal [inactive]
Jhasina Harika yr Nar'ysra el Ifrit Khalid yi Memnon [active]
Lanathalas [retired]
Mhaev of Cathyr [retired]
Nevaetriel Rilae'ar'an, Kerym'quaress ath Eilistraee [jounal] [It's complicated]
N'essa [perma-dead]
Shaytessa Umbrynthal [bio] [journal] [???]
Shryl [retired]
Sssiks [active]
Ssinyrr [bio] [active]
Hathran Tatyana [active]
Vierdra Zau'afin [inactive]
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

Any feedback on Zahven Thruel would be welcomed. Especially from those I've gathered to adventure, or those that have witnessed interaction with my summons.

Thanks.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

I am very interested in feedback. Send me a PM. I play Dread Wavecaller Perle Wynn.

I did play on this server before, but I had no idea what I was doing and had never read DND lore.

I started fresh in April here with my new character, Perle Wynn, and have downloaded a host of DND manuals. I am very deep in Umberlee knowledge, not so much everywhere else.

Please, if I am playing outside of lore let me know. I want to RP well. For every action, I wonder "What would Perle do?"
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
vale100

Unread post by vale100 »

Xorena wrote:I am very interested in feedback. Send me a PM. I play Dread Wavecaller Perle Wynn.

I did play on this server before, but I had no idea what I was doing and had never read DND lore.

I started fresh in April here with my new character, Perle Wynn, and have downloaded a host of DND manuals. I am very deep in Umberlee knowledge, not so much everywhere else.

Please, if I am playing outside of lore let me know. I want to RP well. For every action, I wonder "What would Perle do?"
I'm not sure about the lore - and that's my main hesitation while RPing, even when I do my research, but it seemed legit enough and fun to RP with.
Mo'star - Half-Orc Druid of Silvanus
Bruhlyn Kent'tar - Wood Elf Arrow Assassin of Shevarash
ShineDown

Unread post by ShineDown »

Xorena wrote:
If that is what you are doing, you're doing it right.
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

So, its been too quiet for too long in this thread. But i think it's good it still exists.

I would like to join this club, as i have some questions about RP, in game behaviour etc, i'm unsure about. I would like to hear opinions, what is allowed and what not so gladly seen here.

Is anyone still active and interested to help? :)
Self-confessed tkl tool denier!

Freya Evans, Lucky Maiden and Bardess on the path of Tymora [Bio] [Journal] - "Luck isn’t only random. The best Luck is what we make for ourselves."
DivinityDelayed

Unread post by DivinityDelayed »

Sure. :)
wurdpass

Unread post by wurdpass »

*Rolls use magic device and attempts to use a Resurrection scroll on the thread*

I would love feedback on my drow character Miirszyx Sabal.
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

I don't understand, this thread as written by the OP seems to suggest RP is not enforced on the server, and one must join a club to do so?
AKA Dae-Glyth
Discord: Dae-Glyth#1759
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Ewe wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm I don't understand, this thread as written by the OP seems to suggest RP is not enforced on the server, and one must join a club to do so?
Medium RP server... Players very much ARE expected to stay in character as much as possible. This thread was created and has been utilized over the years by those players who wish to get feedback from others OOC'ly about their IC interactions and how their PC comes across/is perceived.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
wurdpass

Unread post by wurdpass »

chad878262 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:43 pm
Medium RP server... Players very much ARE expected to stay in character as much as possible. This thread was created and has been utilized over the years by those players who wish to get feedback from others OOC'ly about their IC interactions and how their PC comes across/is perceived.
Which I would like about my attention seeking Drow warlock Miirszyx, please

(Not necessarily from Chad, just saying)
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

This was the part I was referencing:
HaberdasherofDoom wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:27 am That being said we are a non RP enforced server...
AKA Dae-Glyth
Discord: Dae-Glyth#1759
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Let's just make a small leap here and say the Server has changed since 2009.

You can also read the quote in question in the context of "...one cannot force HOW to RP on another Player," unless they've submitted themselves to this Thread, which also was an invitation to DMs to make criticisms on Club Members' RP.

Which then would still be limited to DMs ONLY directing Players to X, Y, Z their RP. Which honestly, doesn't really happen anyway, unless there is some extreme behavior (most craziness actually got mechanically fixed, like Cleric Domains+Alignment, for example).

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Kiran

Unread post by Kiran »

Borderline true.

Some classes are watched by the DM's to ensure they follow somewhat certain protocols, not heavily monitored to my knowledge, but you can be called out on it.

Thayans as red wizards being an example.

Though this might just be me reading into that, likely a DM/Admin is best for such answers.
Player of:

Damian Pascal, - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel - Presumed dead
Althalous Fenwick, Paladin of Mystra. - A memory lost

Return to “General Discussion”