WANTED: New DM Team Blood for Spring 2018!

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Endelyon

WANTED: New DM Team Blood for Spring 2018!

Unread post by Endelyon »

All,

We ask that all community members interested in applying for the DM Team do so in the next couple of weeks for our Spring 2018 recruitment drive. We are looking for new passion and new blood on the DM Team. So, if you think you have the motivation, integrity, creativity, the grit, the thick skin, and judgment for what it takes to DM, please apply! Please just PM the "DM Team" forum group an application in the following linked format:

http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17202

We are excited to have some new recruits on board shortly!

P.S. You have until Friday, February 23 at 17:00 GMT to get your apps in for the current recruitment cycle. Please PM the DM Team or the administration if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Endelyon
DM Boo

Re: WANTED: New DM Team Blood for Spring 2018!

Unread post by DM Boo »

Bump!

Do not worry if you are new or lack experience in DM'ing. We are a (mostly) friendly lot, willing to help out in any way we can.

I hear from the hamster wheel that one fellow isn't too friendly, by the name of DM Boo. He tends to go for the eyes and has a bias towards goodness. - But don't let that put you off!

The window for sending in Applications for this round ends a Tenday from now, on the 23rd. Make sure you PM your Applications to the DM Team before that time if you wish to be considered.

We look forward to hearing of the unique talents that you know you could bring to the team!
2014, 2017 Campaign Coordinator
"Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!"
Darradarljod

Unread post by Darradarljod »

DM Boo wrote:
...I hear from the hamster wheel that one fellow isn't too friendly, by the name of DM Boo. He tends to go for the eyes and has a bias towards goodness. - But don't let that put you off!
Tempting to apply, only to be the DM Minsc to your DM Boo.
Xanfyrst

Unread post by Xanfyrst »

How liberate can you be as a DM?

Any minimum activity level required?

Do you have to be anonymous?
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK.
Alistair the Red - Roaming Bounty Hunter and Underworld Contact.
Lord Eliphas Valkarian "the Deceiver" -Chosen Prophet of Bane, Autonomous Agent of the Zhentarim. Immortal? ×Returned from the Beyond×
Incarnate

Unread post by Incarnate »

I'm considering applying, but I really don't know how much time is expected or would be considered an absolute minimum.

A questionaire template to fill out would be super helpful, especially for those who don't know what questions you need answered through the application.
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

Incarnate wrote:I'm considering applying, but I really don't know how much time is expected or would be considered an absolute minimum.

A questionaire template to fill out would be super helpful, especially for those who don't know what questions you need answered through the application.
The questions are right there in the link. In the OP.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Incarnate

Planehopper wrote:
Incarnate wrote:I'm considering applying, but I really don't know how much time is expected or would be considered an absolute minimum.

The questions are right there in the link. In the OP.
You're right, I didn't follow the link, hence why I didn't notice the questionaire.
Speaking of which, it should probably be updated as its from 2011 and the game spy account information isn't needed as gamespy doesn't exist anymore.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Please do still include your account name. Although Gamespy doesn't support NWN2 anymore, the server continues to use your account name for many things. It also helps the DMs identify who you are in game, especially if your forum name is not the same as your username: This can assist them in vetting prospective candidates by gauging them in a live environment. Especially if they have little or no familiarity with the applicant.
Incarnate

I've applied, any others who've applied?
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

Are you still recruiting or is this closed again?
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
DM Boo

Unread post by DM Boo »

It's closed, for now. You can still send in your application for the next voting period, which will be in 2-3 months time, though. :)
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

Yes, by then they may have actually announced who the new DMs are!
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
DM Boo

Unread post by DM Boo »

Fury_US wrote:Yes, by then they may have actually announced who the new DMs are!
That bit's still coming! We're still waiting on a few more replies from our brand new arrivals, but that should hopefully happen over the next few days.
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

Ya know... not be be negative or anything, but given the application process ended on February 23rd, if you're still waiting on replies- this might not be a good sign.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
DM Boo

Unread post by DM Boo »

It's a long process, but I'll admit that you are correct - it is taking longer than usual this time around. This is mostly due to some delays, most of which are my fault. I'll explain how it all works, and then explain where the delays were, if you are interested. Apologies for the length of this post!

Generally, there is a 2 week open application period, followed by a vote among the DM Team, where the DM's vote for any new applicants that haven't been voted on since the prior round. These polls are generally open for around 2 weeks, so that the whole team has the chance to vote. After those 2 weeks are done, the polls are then moved to the administrator's forum, where they are tallied and the results become apparent.

If there are ties or other issues, they are also sorted out at this stage. When all the results are finalized, we'll then send out PM's to all the applicants who applied, telling them either the good news or the bad. When all of that is done, we wait for the potential new ADM's in to re-affirm their interest in DMing, and then a rather simple questionnaire meant to test character and DM values is sent to them. After they fill that in and return it, the admins will then discuss it for the next few days before getting back to the applicant with a yay or nay, and any other feedback or questions that we may have for them at the time. When all of the above is sorted out, the new ADM must then choose a name, make an account, and notify us with it. We'll then plug in their new forum permissions (IE, their names become "blue"), and after they will immediately be able to start DMing in-game. Finally, around this time the admins will usually post the announcements that welcome the newcomers to the whole community. After all of that the process is considered complete, until the next application period begins, usually 3 months later.

Now, on to what caused the delays this time around. First off, I happened to leave the voting period open for a few days longer than usual, before it was moved and tallied. There was then one issue with one player getting a tie, which we needed to wait for other the other HDM's input to break. This took a few more days before it was finally resolved. After that, I admit it, I dropped the ball and utterly procrastinated writing out the "rejection" letters. There were a few that were just plain horrible to write. However I had to get them done before moving on to the "good" ones, since if people start seeing new ADM's coming on without hearing any news on their own application, I figure they will have a very good reason to be upset. So, after procrastinating for a good week, I finally got up the courage to write them and they were finally done and sent out.

Some responded very quickly indeed, but there are still some that we have not heard back from at all even at this point in time. Since we usually do everyone at once, we've waited at least a week so far for them to get back to us. It obviously isn't feasible to wait forever, so we decided to just go with what we've got for the time being. At this point in time, we are still waiting for a few final paperwork and forum steps to be done by the ADM's that are in contact with us. We then should be good to go, which I expect will be probably today or tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Return to “General Discussion”