Teleportation Areas

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere
Nimenaar

Teleportation Areas

Unread post by Nimenaar »

Hello everyone! After 10 months of my absence on the server much has changed. One of the major changes are teleportation areas. I have 17 leaf holders with saved locations, all of them were working for 100 % because I checked all of them and used them frequently but now when I tried use tree stride it didn't work. So far checked from Eastern Farmlands to Trade Way North of Beregost and Amn, Cloud Peaks Descent). Still 15 leafs to check. I was trying to find the topic about it somewhere on forums but I failed. So please, somebody , give me a link or enlighten me a bit on the subject. I don't know whether it is a matter of a particular area limitation or simply my leaf holders got bugged after all this time and plenty of updates. Honestly I doubt about the first one because I can see no reason why such areas like Tradeway or Cloud Peaks Descent might have been blocked for teleportation of any kind .
Last edited by Nimenaar on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Charnag Maelthra Officer
Sshamath Special Forces
DM Mercy

Re: Teleportation Areas

Unread post by DM Mercy »

It's likely due to the areas being changed or updated in the time you are away. You will have to remark the areas again, if you cast the mark spell on the holder if will clear them so you can make them again.
~~~ The only Mercy is through death ~~~
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

They made a change where instead of casting the 1st level spell to mark leaf/rune, you cast that spell on the area you want to teleport to in the future. This way if you do not want to, you do not have to carry around those leaf holders or runes. So, if you cast teleport, you can cast it on a rune or cast it on yourself (I think) then a window opens up listing your locations. You can do this instead of casting it on the rune/leaf itself to got to that location.

With the druid spells it seems to have stopped using the leafs as an option altogether. You cast the spell and it automatically opens the window to select a location- non of which are the leaf locations. I basically had to go around to all the locations and redo the leaf spells all over again, which allowed me to enter them as options in the window that opens up.

One draw back if you cast the leaf spot on a location that is not "wilderness" such as most of the underdark, andy you enter/type in a location in this window/dialoge box, and the teleport does not work- there does not seem to be a way to delete said location once you have typed it in....I have three locations that say Sshamath in my window/dialogue box that do not work.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

This is one of the nicest quality of life changes made to help spell casters. Lots of improvements since you were last here.

Good thing there is a 100% rcr in effect.

Return to “General Discussion”