Looks like I made a mistake. Please DELETE!

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

OXHawkXO

Looks like I made a mistake. Please DELETE!

Unread post by OXHawkXO »

DELETE!
Last edited by OXHawkXO on Mon May 27, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

Re: Memorial Day/Weekend

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

I live in Norway. It's pretty free.

This is a dangerous topic to start, mind you, as it is inevitably going to touch on politics. So please, people, be mindful of what you post here.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Obahzk Elf-Skinner, Blackguard of Gruumsh and orcish war drummer

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
OXHawkXO

Delete

Unread post by OXHawkXO »

DELETE!
Last edited by OXHawkXO on Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
c2k

Unread post by c2k »

I think the real danger here is this was posted in the wrong forum. (should be in Community) :lol:
Mursey

Unread post by Mursey »

I'm Scottish. I have free education up to the undergraduate degree level (some postgraduates have to pay), free healthcare, free travel across European borders (for a while yet), my national government (as opposed to UK government) is elected on the basis of proportional representation rather than a first-past the post system. I have a First-Minister who (regardless of what you think of her politics) is an effective and reassuring leader in a time of crisis. My government blocked the Scottish Police from using technology which would invade my privacy by allowing victims of crimes to have the contents of their phones recorded by the police (presently only those arrested for a crime or under investigation may have their phone date seized) and which consistently acted to prevent the spread of facial recognition software in public places.

My national government has consistently found ways to block fracking, in accordance with the will of the Scottish People, every time the UK Government has tried to push through laws to allow to it. And petitions for parliament to examine certain issues are acted on with far more than the token effort employed by the UK Government.

There are no trespassing laws, so I can go where I want, when I want, for as long as I want (except for areas that present a national security risk). And there are no laws concerning libel, defamation or compulsory purchases. With very few exceptions (for terrorism offences) I cannot be held by the police for questioning without charge for more than 48 hours, and even that length of time requires the permission of the Chief Constable of the entire Scottish Police Force. I have the right to practice any religion of my choosing without the threat of legal, civil or criminal action.

I have the freedom to love and/or marry whom I want, how I want, regardless of gender issues, provided the relationship in question in consensual and both parties are at the age of consent or beyond. I cannot be told my government what to do with my body in the event of pregnancy, unwanted or otherwise. That choice is my own.

In short, I have freedom of speech, freedom of education, freedom to be healthy, freedom to travel, freedom from invasions of privacy in the name of security, freedom of religion, freedom to express my opinions, the freedom to love who I chose, freedom from having my home forcibly sold out from under me to a third party; and the freedom of knowing that any concerns I raise with my government will be acted upon.

So yes, on the whole, I considered myself very free indeed.
c2k

Unread post by c2k »

chambordini wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:06 pm Freedom is an illusion, you're all just tiny cogs, part of a machine that is building the Gnomocratic Government Enslavement Zenith, or GGEZ for short.
FTFY :D
Zanniej
Barn manager

Re: Looks like I made a mistake. Please DELETE!

Unread post by Zanniej »

I'm going to lock this due to the OP having removed the initial messages. It's not that I think it necessary (at this moment), but it makes no sense to leave it open when the OP is removed.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.

Return to “General Discussion”