The DM team would like to announce that we will now be accepting DM applications via continuous intake. This means that we will be moving away from dedicated recruitment periods and will accept, evaluate, and rule on DM applications as they come to us. As such, please feel free to review our expectations and send in a DM application whenever you would like! (Be sure to PM this to the DM Team forum group with the subject line DM Application.)
- Time commitment. Incoming DMs should be prepared to spend a fair amount of time IG as a DM. There are periodic activity audits where hours spent DMing on the client are quantified. This is a measure that may be used to determine a given DM's activity level, and it may also be used to determine if a DM is active enough to remain on the team.
- Willingness to learn. Incoming DMs should be prepared to read all the information (including but not limited to guidelines, rules, how-tos, common policy, and procedure) provided by HDMs or admins. Willingness to do this, as well as willingness to receive guidance from senior DMs, ask questions, and undergo training, are part of the role.
- Good conduct. Incoming DMs should be prepared to exercise patience and courtesy with fellow staff members of BG:TSCC but most especially with the player base, even those you may have had negative experiences with as a player. DMs are expected to set an ongoing good example.
- Priority shift. Incoming DMs should be prepared to balance their time DMing with their time spent IG as a player. DMing is a privilege and a responsibility, therefore it is expected that DMing becomes a priority. You will not be asked to stop playing altogether, but spending more time playing than DMing may be considered inactivity and result in removal from the team.
- Leadership Hiatus. Incoming DMs who are new to the team will be asked to yield leadership of any guilds they currently lead during their tenure as ADM. Veteran DMs returning to ADM status after time spent away will be evaluated for retention of their current guild leadership on a case-by-case basis.
Code: Select all
[b][u]GENERAL INFORMATION[/u][/b] [b]Forum Name:[/b] [b]Gamespy Account Name:[/b] [b]Character(s) on Baldur's Gate (name/class/level):[/b] [b]Time Zone:[/b] [b]Times You Play:[/b] [b]Hours You Can Dedicate Per Week to Baldur's Gate as a DM:[/b] [b]In a few sentences, explain why you wish to be a DM:[/b] [b]In a few sentences, explain why you would make a good DM:[/b] [b][u]EXPERIENCE[/u][/b] (Note: A lack of experience does not disqualify you or lower your chances for consideration. It's just useful to know whether you have DMed in the past) [b]List any experience you have with being a DM or a Developer. Feel free to include anything you feel is relevant:[/b] [b]What do you do well as a DM?:[/b] [b]What do you need to improve as a DM?:[/b] [b][u]MISCELLANEOUS NOTES[/u][/b] (Tell us a little more about you!)