Eilistraeen clergy

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

JIŘÍ

Eilistraeen clergy

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

Anyone still playing a cleric / FS to Eilsitraee?

I and friend will poke to BG after ages again, and i would like to attend bodyguard role play. I do not care if the clergy is elf or drow, i would make one or the other race to play along.

I thought i would ask first here, before we blindly roll die and pick elf or drow :D
Discord contact: Haf#6089
Deragnost

Re: Eilistraeen clergy

Unread post by Deragnost »

I am definetely RPing a cleric of Eilistraee!
Tell you privately race, name, etc.

Because, apparently, Eilistraee is not well seen in both worlds :P
Rose Wintertal , Itinerant Minstrel, Troublemaker, Administrator of the Phoenix Company and The Run a Rig owner!

Trissae Baeniryn , Yatharil
Your best friend
Retired Staff

Unread post by Your best friend »

I have a Drow ranger of Eilistraee but she's mostly shelved at this point. Still, she's been around for years and can give some pointers!
Victoria Thornhart | Dreadlord of Darkhold & Priestess of Bane. Zhentarim Guild Thread. Darkhold RP Thread.
Vierna Hun'viir | Ranger of Eilistraee. Retired.
Zilvarra | Drow Deathsinger of House Selmiyeritar
cosmic ray

Unread post by cosmic ray »

I play an Eilistraeen too, although she isn't a cleric or favoured soul. My in-game account is Endless Kosmo.
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
JIŘÍ

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

Who's scared, can't enter forest then, as we say.
Rinzler
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rinzler »

There was a time when Elistraee drow heavily outnumbered evil Drow (it at least felt like it) on BG. It’s shifted in recent times but it would be interesting to have some moon dancers back in the mix.

Either way, we always welcome any form of PC in the UD!
Empoweredfan

Unread post by Empoweredfan »

That never happened. It just seemed that way, as they were more visible.
Nawiel: Stubborn woodpecker from the deep.
- "Responsibility is a curse, importance, an illusion."

Deleniel Vanaer: Wood Elven Sor. . . cook.

If you put your foot in your mouth. . . don't start walking. . .
JIŘÍ

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

Empoweredfan wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:01 pm That never happened. It just seemed that way, as they were more visible.
Haha correct. And also all evil drow are broken up into tens of houses, sub factions and so on. If most people grouped up into single or two factions, it would be much different.

But i suppose this is never going to happen as everyone of us who plays a drow wants to play something different and seek different story for their drow.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

*Totally dusts off this blast from the past.... :dance: then flees*
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

Drizzt (and I hate having to bring up this argument, which nevertheless is canon [a brief history of Drizzt is mentioned in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting], because people think it's cool to hate Drizzt, but if it is the only way to get the message across...) came to the surface in 1341, if I recall correctly. By 1347 (three years prior to our current server time) he had he had been rejected - not outright attacked - by surfacers. Dove Falconhand's ranger company, which even had surface elves, even helped him. And Alustriel Silverhand accepted him into Silverymoon. He's not even Eilistraeen, though. This is just an example (or several, actually) of how surfacers could interact when seeing a drow who doesn't actually make hostile moves.
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

And to adress a big elephant in the room

https://www.tor.com/2020/06/29/wizards- ... s-content/

Seems just a few people are clinging to the past.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

What do Drizzt(who I personally enjoy) or WoC purging racism have to do with Eilistraeen clergy again?

Anyways, I would much rather cling to the servers past than turn this thread in a Drizzt bashing-fest or a debate on applying modern day values into the setting.
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

1. Quoting the thread you quoted.

2. Racism on the setting is something wotc wants to see away since it makes no sense for a "good" character to display evil traits such as racism example "tolerance is treason" regarding drow in the surface. Clinging to the racist lore while ignoring other is what it is. An elephant in the room.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Wotc can change whatever they want, but that doesn't automatically make it apply to THIS setting, nor should everyone who plays here feel obliged to change the way they RP. Players here, including you and I, are free to roleplay their characters' perceptions of drow, or racism in general, in whatever way they see fit.

Yours and my feelings are irrelevant.

This thread has nothing to do with how "racism" is portrayed on BGTSCC. It's about Eilistraeen clergy.
Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 »

I'd love to see a strong Eilistraeean community, hidden or no! I have my hands full with Aunrae, otherwise I'd make one to boost the population.

As for the WotC thing . . . I believe it's not racism from the setting, it's insensitive material in the lorebooks itself. As one bud eloquently put it, "This character despises drow/orcs/elves, whatever. You can prove this character wrong."

Good characters, from what most of the Coast knows, can totally fear drow and orcs based off of their reputation and be wary of those who break the mold (like Eilistraeeans)! Just like how good characters can be greedy, envious, or whatever, but it's how they react to it.

But back to the topic!

It'd also be awesome to see the Circle of Song be revived.
Avintae - Sugar Addict
Flora - Witchy Woman
Azariah - Doombringer

Supermod mode, activated. The rest is just my opinion.

Return to “General Discussion”