Monstrous Humanoids

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Rhifox
Custom Content

Re: Monstrous Humanoids

Unread post by Rhifox »

Thaelis wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:05 am Thanks a lot!

I know that the Incorporeal undead in Fields of the Dead aren't properly classed as Undead, but I seem to remember a DM replying that there's a special reason why Incorporeals are in a category of their own :think:
Yeah. In pnp you can have two different types. In NWN2, you can only have one. So even though incorporeal undead should be both Undead and Incorporeal, you have to pick one or the other on NWN2. And because there is no shortage of undead mobs for clerics/FE Undead rangers to go after, it's better for incorporeal spirits to be categorized as incorporeal so Spirit Shaman abilities can work on them, as SS have very few enemies on which their abilities actually can be used.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Ariella
Lead Builder

Unread post by Ariella »

Rhifox wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:18 am
Thaelis wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:05 am Thanks a lot!

I know that the Incorporeal undead in Fields of the Dead aren't properly classed as Undead, but I seem to remember a DM replying that there's a special reason why Incorporeals are in a category of their own :think:
Yeah. In pnp you can have two different types. In NWN2, you can only have one. So even though incorporeal undead should be both Undead and Incorporeal, you have to pick one or the other on NWN2. And because there is no shortage of undead mobs for clerics/FE Undead rangers to go after, it's better for incorporeal spirits to be categorized as incorporeal so Spirit Shaman abilities can work on them, as SS have very few enemies on which their abilities actually can be used.
This is the right of it. So we won't be changing any of those due to engine limits. But please report any other creatures with the wrong type or alignment.
Rhifox
Custom Content

Unread post by Rhifox »

On that note, though, would be nice to have a Favored Enemy Incorporeal option. Not that I see a lot of people picking it, but it is left out of the list. Oozes are as well, both Incorporeal and Oozes are -1 on the racialtypes.2da for favored enemy feats. Could do with putting oozes under aberration and incorporeal under undead (or making a new FE category for it, but that's more work).
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Thaelis
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Thaelis »

DM Foresight wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:18 pm I am currently documenting creatures around the server and fixing error's regarding favored enemy, clerical turn undead, and other items and abilities that would be effected by creature racial type.
Are you perchance going to make a Wiki page on this? Speaking for all us Rangers I'm sure we'd all love to know which creatures belong to which category :D

For example Yuanti are monstrous humanoids, but what about Nagas?

Does everything follow 3E PnP or are there some other custom changes? Like the spiritual undead not being undead thing.

What group are Genasi? Tieflings? Aasimar? (I already know they aren't Outsider or Elemental)
Thalanis Silverleaf - Moon Elf Woodsman Deceased

Aerendyl Dy'ner - Blacksmith and Explorer
MrSmith

Unread post by MrSmith »

Thaelis wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:03 am For example, Yuanti are monstrous humanoids, but what about Nagas?

What group are Genasi? Tieflings? Aasimar? (I already know they aren't Outsider or Elemental)
Nagas are Aberrations.

Planetouched Races should be Outsiders, but if you are confident they are not then I opine anyone who plays a Ranger would appreciate the clarification. I know I would.

Cheers!
Gunnar: Celtic Warrior Monk
Magnus: Fop
Valkyrja: Sniper
Boerdil: Ranger