Help With Inventory Issue

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

thepaganking

Help With Inventory Issue

Unread post by thepaganking »

Hello Fellow Players,

I have had this problem for awhile now. It happened after the server split and I posted about it but received no response. The issue is on all my characters, RCR or not.

It happens on a regular basis and the only thing that seems to make it change is a server switch, or sometimes a server reset. The problem is I cannot move items from my number one inventory space to other inventory spaces and sometimes from the other ones to number one. It has gotten worse, now my first line of slots in my number one slot often does not register when I hover over items - it doesn't show anything. I have to click on the object and examine or double click when I am selling to get an idea of the item. When that happens, I also cannot move items from one slot on the first bar in my first inventory area to another slot, but only on the first row of slots.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there an easy fix?

I can still play, but I am a very orderly person and like my items in certain areas.

TPK.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Help With Inventory Issue

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Only had the issue of one item duplicating into a ghost item occasionally. If that happens - dragging one of the double items over the other one (the unremovable one) solves the issue and the undroppable disappears and frees the inventory space again.

Maybe that's whats happened to you also.
Last edited by Theodore01 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Do you use UI mods?

Have you tried hitting the auto sort button?

Sometimes when the game cycles through worn items, the inventory will get a ghost copy of an item that isn't really there. So get some full stacks of arrows, buy from a shop, or just drop and pick them back up. Ghost items will vanish.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
thepaganking

I sometimes get ghost items but this is not the case.

It affects all of my inventory and when I did do auto sort, all my stuff was on my first inventory page and I could not move them to other pages.

Weird, but cannot seem to fix it but randomly, usually when I go into another Nexus.

TPK.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

The appearance changer item, have you tried turning it on and off? I think there was a time when my character got similarly glitched when changing item appearances. Had to log in and out to fix it.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

thepaganking wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:38 pm I sometimes get ghost items but this is not the case.

It affects all of my inventory and when I did do auto sort, all my stuff was on my first inventory page and I could not move them to other pages.

Weird, but cannot seem to fix it but randomly, usually when I go into another Nexus.

TPK.
Try moving your inventory screen away from where your PC tools drop down appears. This happens when they overlap.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Snarfy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:41 am
thepaganking wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:38 pm I sometimes get ghost items but this is not the case.

TPK.
Try moving your inventory screen away from where your PC tools drop down appears. This happens when they overlap.
Good advice. I had similar problem with my hotbar even though my nearest UI was like half centimeter from it, turned out, it wasn't enough.
thepaganking

I moved my inventory screen and it fixed the issue, at least on one of my toons. I think that did it.

Thanks for all those that provided solutions!

TPK.

Return to “General Discussion”