Community Screenshots, Artwork, and Talent on Display

Moderators: Moderator, DM

TheVoid
Retired Staff

Re: Amn-Gate War Screenies!

Unread post by TheVoid »

Simian Approbatur wrote:
Aikura wrote:
The Art of War: True to form, the Fist builds their fortification on the wrong side of a classic defensible barrier.
I must admit that the first I saw that I thought it was the Amnish fort.

But there are some benefits to building on the wrong side of the classic defensible barrier.
1) In order to cross the ravine/river, the Amnish have to clear out the fort first.
2) If it becomes evident that the Fist need to retreat from the fort, the bridges can be brought down to create more time to regroup at the next defensible location.
3) Since the fort is on the 'wrong side,' it also means that cutting off the fort's line of supply is difficult as the fort cannot be easily surrounded.

No, it's on the right side. I made the Fort after the river for the above reasons. The Dukes were banking on loosing the pallisades to a superior size force, retreat back and blow the bridges, then shell them with artillery and destroy the pallisades from an artillery sight located on the next northern map. The Amnish troops would be stuck across the river bank with no where to go but back south or search for another annex along the river which would be heavily fortified by the Fist already. Any attempts to construct an Annex like another bridge would also be met with heavy shelling from artillery or sabotage.

Remember, Beregost was not the objective for the dukes. The dukes don't own beregost or run the township. They only care about invadors getting past the river and onto their soil. Loosing beregost? Beregost was never the dukes to loose.... :roll:

Anyways, in the event that the fist could not evacuate the camp. Eltan would be prepared to die in that camp as he gives the final order to bombard the base killing the invading Amn soldiers with himself. The guy is hardcore, he is not afraid of death if it means keeping the enemy in check a little bit longer. Moruene would of launched the artillery herself even if he was still fighting to the last man. This is how I thought it would've ended. Though players put a cramp in my plans.... :evil:
Aikura

Unread post by Aikura »

It was a joke, guys. :lol:
Formally DM Darkshard
"The Gate has five rulers, no matter what the other four think." ~The Duchess of Shadow, the General in the Dark
Duster47
Retired Staff

Unread post by Duster47 »

Defending Gullykin.

Valqis and Julindra watch from afar as preparations are underway for the final battle near Beregost.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

This brings back memories. Damn.

EDIT: How did I even ended up here :o
Passiflora

Unread post by Passiflora »

No clues! But yes, great memories. :o
Go home and be a familly cat!
Tuck

Unread post by Tuck »

Yes some of the best memorise from my time on BG
Tirion Silverleaf-->Protector of the Sword coast
simonalia

Unread post by simonalia »

How about that thing which was not right in that place
Mac
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Mac »

Ahhh... the good old days. To bad most of the picture links don't
work anymore :/
Former DM Creo 2017 CC Appointed Jul 27 2016 Removed May 21 2017
Sara Denton "Ashley" Fled the Swords Coast
Macgar Blackbrew Returned to Tribe Raymar
Belladonna (Dead) Once Captain of the Dragonwing Outlaw, Pirate & Friend
Nroc Living a life at sea
Passiflora

Unread post by Passiflora »

I wish someone would still have them somewhere.

....I have a computer that hasn't been plugged since six years and I don't remember what it had wrong. I wonder what treasures I could find on its HD.
Go home and be a familly cat!
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

I now have the chance to record the great event now but i will not do it on til the server crash has been fix

Return to “Gallery”