Doodles and Things

Community Screenshots, Artwork, and Talent on Display

Moderators: Moderator, DM

AgentOrange

Re: Doodles and Things

Unread post by AgentOrange »

I love it! The card captures a moment in the (very recent) history of the Zhentarim, so don't beat yourself up about it seeming out-of-date. :)

And how fitting that it was posted to the forums today, during the inauguration ceremony. <3
.:Marietta Thairo:. Former Dreadlord. Hell on heels. Retired with her family somewhere.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.
Necromantis

Unread post by Necromantis »

Amazing ;) <3
Yeah no, this place isn't worth it. I gave it one last shot, thanks to Wolfshear, but the Team Good bias is too strong. Enjoy the plot armor, the always winning, and roleplaying in a predictable world where char. development is nonexistant.

Enjoy playing basically Stardew Valley in NWN2, I guess.
wangxiuming

Unread post by wangxiuming »

Finally wrapped up a set of House Vale & Friends Heads!
Arn

Unread post by Arn »

Wow these are really good.

Mi-Le (彌勒) - "Meditate, monks. Do not be negligent, lest you regret it later." ((-Saṃyutta Nikāya 35.146))
-Monk of the Old Order and the Way. Will not kill.
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

((Feel free to reach out to Mi-Le for forum RP!))

Wendi - Haggling crafter. [Bio]
Anatti
Meredith
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

I freaking love that Resting Rellon Face. <3
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
RoseMiriel

Unread post by RoseMiriel »

Lovely work all around nya!=^_^=
Rose Rivineth
-Wands
-treasure hunter
-Flower Power Petal Witch
-White Mask Headmistress

Wysteria Moon
"Nya!"=^_^=

Azelia Rivineth
-Healer Priestess Alchemist Wands/Elixirs/Scrolls[/color
Morning Rivineth
-Merchant treasure hunter
wangxiuming

It's been forever since I've done anything but I seem to always experience a burst of creativity in the beginning of the year. Here's Barristan as the Hierophant!
In it's upright position, the Hierophant represents spiritual wisdom, religious beliefs, conformity, tradition, and institutions. I've wanted to do some cards for evil characters for a while and it finally hit me that our resident Head of the Church of Bane would make an interesting subject as the Hierophant / High Priest arcana.

The original rider waite card depicts the Hierophant as a religious figure sitting between two pillars of a sacred temple, with two followers kneeling before him. For Barry, I've maintained the two pillars, but replaced the two kneeling figures with the hands of his supplicants reaching/grasping for him and the symbol of Bane he wears around his neck. They cannot reach him or the symbol, however, reflecting the towering austerity of the Black Abbey and its head.

Random Notes:
- I did a lot less linework than I usually do for these cards! Hopefully it's not noticeable, as my goal was still to keep a similar style.
- The many hands were a pain in the behind to paint ... (even considering that I cheated and only did about four actual variations). For some reason I really like the imagery of a ton of hands grasping/reaching for things though. The effect I was going for was a grimy but evocative feeling.

Just three more to go! Maybe I can actually finish this year ...
sweetlikesplenda

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

Great work as usual!

Also! Come back and play!
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne »

I love it!! I look forward to seeing more. Poke me when you get commission room. >.>
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
dakalb

Unread post by dakalb »

Your an absolute talent!
Kejmckin:

Doan Mordain: A sailoring dwarf
Dral Winterward: "Loyal"
Dolan Ironfaar: "You can learn most anything from reading a book"
AsuraKing
Custom Content

Unread post by AsuraKing »

wangxiuming wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:21 am It's been forever since I've done anything but I seem to always experience a burst of creativity in the beginning of the year. Here's Barristan as the Hierophant!
In it's upright position, the Hierophant represents spiritual wisdom, religious beliefs, conformity, tradition, and institutions. I've wanted to do some cards for evil characters for a while and it finally hit me that our resident Head of the Church of Bane would make an interesting subject as the Hierophant / High Priest arcana.

The original rider waite card depicts the Hierophant as a religious figure sitting between two pillars of a sacred temple, with two followers kneeling before him. For Barry, I've maintained the two pillars, but replaced the two kneeling figures with the hands of his supplicants reaching/grasping for him and the symbol of Bane he wears around his neck. They cannot reach him or the symbol, however, reflecting the towering austerity of the Black Abbey and its head.

Random Notes:
- I did a lot less linework than I usually do for these cards! Hopefully it's not noticeable, as my goal was still to keep a similar style.
- The many hands were a pain in the behind to paint ... (even considering that I cheated and only did about four actual variations). For some reason I really like the imagery of a ton of hands grasping/reaching for things though. The effect I was going for was a grimy but evocative feeling.

Just three more to go! Maybe I can actually finish this year ...
OMG I JUST SAW THIS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happy-sunny: Sunmaster Barristan Schulltze :happy-sunny:
Heretic and former Vigilator of Bane and the Black Abbey
Barristan's Bio

Wizziewick Warrenwarden
Svirfneblin Burrow Warden

Thulzar Palerock
Questionable Medical Professional

Art Website|Art Instagram
wangxiuming

Yay I'm so glad! :D And thank you everyone for your kind words!

Here is Osric's sister Orelia as the Temperance card:

Osric's calculating and politically-minded sister as the Temperance card. She gently tips wine (blood?) from her glass into a pool of water below her as her reflection mirrors her action, causing the poured wine to flow into each other. Behind her, a painting of a sunrise tucked behind mountains, leading to an open sky above. Orelia's figure is bathed in light, but she has turned her face away so that it is hidden in shadow, representing the duality of her character: a noblewoman of elegance and gentility masking her sharp intellect and ruthless ambition.

More about the Temperance card here: https://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-m ... emperance/

Random Notes:
- The wine flowing between two goblets, the mountains in the background and the halo/sun around Orelia's head are meant to recall the symbology of the Rider-Waite card.
- The painting in the background is signed by Devin Altairese (you can see if if you really squint), the same artist and architect who Osric has attributed with the design of House Vale. Devin Altairese was actually a NPC from a previous NWN2 RP server run by one of the best DMs I've had the fortune with whom to play the game.
- I really had to wrack my brain over who to use for this card - it's something I've been mulling for a while, but never really settled on anyone. I finally branched out of the PCs that I've met and settled on Orelia (I guess she technically is still a PC, but she has been safely tucked away from BG's shenanigans while running House Vale's Neverwinter chapter).
Last edited by wangxiuming on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arn

Unread post by Arn »

You just let me know when you're accepting commissions again. ಠ_ಠ
Mi-Le (彌勒) - "Meditate, monks. Do not be negligent, lest you regret it later." ((-Saṃyutta Nikāya 35.146))
-Monk of the Old Order and the Way. Will not kill.
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

((Feel free to reach out to Mi-Le for forum RP!))

Wendi - Haggling crafter. [Bio]
Anatti
Meredith
wangxiuming

New year, new character, new art! Meet Aerathel.
Kiran

Unread post by Kiran »

Forgot how good these were.
Player of:

Damian Pascal, - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel - Presumed dead
Althalous Fenwick, Paladin of Mystra. - A memory lost

Return to “Gallery”