Need a little help for a four legged friend

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Fury_US

Need a little help for a four legged friend

Unread post by Fury_US » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Hey folks. I’m not sure if this is allowed here or not, but I’m going to do it anyway. Today at my husband’s workplace, he encountered a boxer who’s apparently been either abandoned or neglected- Poor guy is starving, emaciated and has a very injured rear leg that may actually need to be amputated (won’t know until he’s examined, but my husband states it’s not good).

We’ve contacted shelters and are scrambling to find some kind of solution, but the most immediate concern is this guy gets medical attention. After that we’ll worry about whether the guy is microchipped and trying to find owners and the like. We’ve contacted shelters, but they’re invariably full because in Appalachia, people will just throw pets out with the garbage.

Anyway, the end story is that we have decided “I have no idea how we’re going to do this, but do this we must!” I’ve set up a go fund me for the bills, because they’re liable to be very high. I set the campaign’s goal at $2k, though I’m certainly not expecting it- just anything at all would help. Thanks for taking a look, and hopefully helping a really sweet boy.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-the-dag&r ... campmgmt_w
Wren Di'Corvi
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne

AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Re: Need a little help for a four legged friend

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Wish I had more money and fewer bills. Poor pup just wants a bit of food and someone to hang with.
Heinrich Von Rittermark

Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 pm

We managed to get him to the vet and it looks like his hip got dislocated some time ago, given the amount of muscle atrophy there. He still needs surgery, but the upside is that he should be able to keep the leg, and may be able to eventually regain full use.

We're still trying to find a foster home for him, and coming to terms with.. that might be us. Which invariably means "We have a new dog", unless there are just serious territory clashes.
Wren Di'Corvi

Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm

For those of you who have donated, you are angels, Thank you so much <3
Wren Di'Corvi