Rasael
Retired Staff

Re: Sad News

Unread post by Rasael »

Condolences :cry:
Asmodea

Unread post by Asmodea »

I have a message for her. Even though she is gone... and that message is: "Goodbye". She knows the context. No one else might... So It Goes.
Player of Isabella Villame
---------------------------------------------
"Be careful what you pretend to be."
Hakken2
Custom Content

Unread post by Hakken2 »

My deepest condolence. My thought goes to families and friends. I can't imagine the pain you feel.
Rest in peace, you will be missed.
Bhor Stonecutter, Citizen and King's Hammer of Kraak Helzak.
Empoweredfan

Unread post by Empoweredfan »

Nomster? Christ, this feels unreal. She was such a great person, a real pillar of the community and I can't think of anyone that brought so much to the server as her when she played. I am so sorry Colonic. As sad as I am about her passing, I know that you must be hurting so much more. If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

My deepest condolances.
Nawiel: Stubborn woodpecker from the deep.
- "Responsibility is a curse, importance, an illusion."

Deleniel Vanaer: Wood Elven Sor. . . cook.

If you put your foot in your mouth. . . don't start walking. . .
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

As a former player who literally spent hours of IC tutoring of Nomster's wild ex-Zhentarim sorceress Telia Santraeger with my Mystran priestess Aeili, I will forever cherish those tear-dropping and evocative RP sessions, especially the last when I retired Aeili from the server some years ago. Noms was one of a kind, irreplaceable and always true to character.

I knew Noms had been ill with other serious conditions for a very long time. Many of her sleepless, insomniac hours were spent discussing that difficult life. It is very saddening to hear of her passing in this way and at that age.

Kleomenes, my heart goes out to you. I know you cared very deeply for Noms all this time and her loss will linger for an age. I will never feel the pain as much as you do. Weep bitterly, my friend. There is no soul poured out like a drink offering more than the lamenting and bereft heart. There is no shame in such a raw and open expression of loss and grief especially at a time such as this.

Prayers of comfort, solace and peace will be spoken earnestly for you both.

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt »

While it has been a long time since I was a regular in the community here, Nomster/Glowfire was was one of the first characters I ever interacted with. She had a marvelous wit and did a wonderful job of maintaining her characters' personalities. I am deeply saddened for her family and friends and hope and pray that they may find some small measure of comfort in this tragic loss.

Fox
*Yellow text means the marshall is in town*

Characters:
The Copper Fox - Scoundrel and Sailor, in that order.
Ol' Ran'll Cobb
Kellan Armstrong - Deacon of Lathander
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

I have no words. I recall not just the impact her characters had on mine, but the discord conversations we had- she bore a beautiful soul. Colonic, I am so sorry. I may not be around in the community here anymore, but if ever you need a virtual ear or shoulder, mine is always there for you.

F.uck Covid.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
kleomenes
Recognized Donor

Unread post by kleomenes »

A funeral service is being held on 24th January at 3.15 GMT. Its going to be a fairly small, relaxed thing as she would have wanted, but there will be a link to a live stream for some family who can't make it. If anyone from here wants the link shoot me a PM on discord, Colonic#1038.
Vadim Morozov, Dreadmaster.
Former Characters: Mel Darenda, Daug'aonar, Dural Narkisi, Cynric Greyfox, Ameris Santraeger, Cosimo Delucca, Talas Marsak.
Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Wolfrayne »

Raise a glass and take a drink for me! Im sorry to hear such sad news. The nwn community is all the less. Really.. i dont even know what to say.. they were such a lovely person..

Reiker Vexx - "Fortune favors the bold"
Cyrus Raviin - "Veritas Credo Oculos"
Passiflora

Unread post by Passiflora »

This is very sad news. :(

My condolences to her familly and loved ones.
Go home and be a familly cat!
Flasmix
Associate DM

Unread post by Flasmix »

Omg. I just saw this post. This is a great loss. I'll fondly remember our time in Bregan. RIP Glowfire.
Wirg to Pug: "Iz lat dun?"
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

Glowfire is one of the only persons to have really contributed in making the UD a happening place, for awhile. That was no small feat!
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
The_Sorting_Hat

Unread post by The_Sorting_Hat »

A true shame. Rest in peace Nomster, and may your name be remembered at least here for many decades to come.
calvinus

Unread post by calvinus »

Yikes. I just saw this post and heard this news. Sorry for being very late on this as a result, Colonic.

Condolences. Nomster contributed so much to this community over the years as both a player and a DM. She was truly an inspiration. It was such a joy and honor to have known her and interacted over the years. What a loss. Wishing you and her family and everyone who cared for her well.
Wai Li - Paladin and Watcher of Helm and Head Watchknight of the Everwatch [bio]

Secret Plotting Non-Good Characters
- "Muahahaha."
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

A fellow BG player and a longtime member of the community, this was a great loss indeed. My condolences.

“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's."

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"

Click to find out what time is it for the Bartender

Return to “Community”