Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Aethor Siger

Re: Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Unread post by Aethor Siger »

I'm in agreement with you Leslie. There are not enough threads like this. With that in mind, I will chip in my two cents.

A great big thanks to the entire staff here at BG (Luna, DMs, Developers and et al). Without you folks, this place would not be nearly as fun as it is.

Another thank you to the players I have interacted with on my whole of two characters. Aethor would not have his migraines without your shenanigans. And thank you BreakNova, because he would not have that migraine remedy if Mia hadnt said anything.
Aethor Siger. Paladin of Torm and Knight of the Order of the Radiant Heart
Adara Siger. Laysister of Torm
Silver

Unread post by Silver »

Thank you to Maecius for the best thank you post ever, and thank you to absolutely everyone for all the things he outlines, especially the staff. You frantically hold together the canvas on which we all collectively (and chaotically) paint. *hugs you all in a very non-violent way*

Thank you to the players and their characters; watching your fine RP and your crazy lives unfold has given me countless hours of entertainment. :twisted: All your shenanigans have at times brought me to tears of laughter and, at just a very few times, moved me to real tears of sadness.

Thanks in particular to all the players who make up the dysfunctional family that is the Thieves' Guild. You have all done a lot to bring it to life and make it one of the largest, most active and (in my humble opinion :) ) best factions on the server. You all keep me going. ;)
Silver and cold.

"Blood is bad for business, unless the business is blood."
Diamond

Unread post by Diamond »

Hey now... we are not that dysfunct... hmm... ok so maybe we are :lol: ;)
girls best friend

2nd Duchess of Shadows
Charraj

Unread post by Charraj »

Appreciation goes to the other players on the server. I've spent faaaar too much time playing here, and it's just to interact with you guys. :)
Appreciation to the DMs for their role in the server's RP. They help make the place so much different and better than a regular old MMO.
There's always something to do in BG; thank you for the hours of amusement, everybody. :)
*edit* Also, thanks to VanillaRose, even though she peaced out a while ago. She really helped to kickstart Charraj as a character. Charraj wouldn't be the wizard he is today without Selis Vhaire. Heck, he wouldn't even be a wizard. :P
Mara - Paladin of Jergal
Tabby - Hedge witch, former bandit
Samuel - A professional
Sempo - Former butler, priest of Siamorphe
Charraj Cain - Mystran. Dead.
DM Mister Rogers - It's such a good feeling to know that we're lifelong friends.
Blame The Rogue

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

ty to players, dms, and builders, for making this server fun to play
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
LeslieMS

Unread post by LeslieMS »

Running a little late today because I stayed up too late last night... Which leads me to my next thank you.

Thank you, all of you... IC and OOC for making me laugh. Especially when I needed it. I laughed so much yesterday... my sides hurt today, but it was worth it.
"Play nice." Mum
"Mercy, even to the least deserved."
"Revenge is beneath me, but Accidents happen..."
"Even Echoes fade to silence."
DM Sword

Unread post by DM Sword »

Luna wrote:PM me your bioware account and the character name.
I can edit your BIC and fix that.
Without Luna this server would cease to exist (literally). There isn't enough praise for Luna, no amount is enough :lol: .

All hail Luna! :P
Haunted

Unread post by Haunted »

I have been away long,but I would like to thank Josh for giving me a crack at DMing online for the first time.Also Zealote for putting in the good word on my behalf.

I will also thank all of the old players..You know,back when at peak hours there was only a max. of like 20-25 of us on...if that. It is you guys and gals that kept the vision going in the beginning.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get those long plots off the ground,especially the Ramset plot.Wow,what an epic one that was for some and a catastrophe to others...a 3-4 month long plot of relentless epicness and so many plot twists mainly because of you guys.

Last,but surely not least, a big thanks to everyone in general.To all the players that have come and gone as well as staff members.
LeslieMS

Sincere thanks for putting up with random AFK, sometimes without warning... Mom Duty... and my massive mood swings today. :twisted:

I know I was a pain, but you guys dealt with it gracefully!
"Play nice." Mum
Aikura

Unread post by Aikura »

This thread is a geat idea! I echo the general thanks to the players and staff. I also think I shall post here regularly when people do stuff in game that...I just...have...to thank them for.

For starters, thanks to Click McClackity for possibly the best pick-up line I have ever seen:

"But...but my shield has a unicorn on it! Ladies love unicorns!" :lol:
Formally DM Darkshard
"The Gate has five rulers, no matter what the other four think." ~The Duchess of Shadow, the General in the Dark
LeslieMS

Okay... a quick thank you before I go. Again inspired by recent posts.

Thank you to Luna, the forum Admins, the DMs and Developers and even other players who -do try to help-... For reading post after post of less than tactful complaints, spoiled childish rants, and still loving us, reading our posts, and -trying- to be civil in the face of furious tirades.

Thank you for time, patience, and the willingness to still help. Every day. Continuing to return for more abuse, and still trying to bend over backwards to help us.

On the Converse:

Thank you to the players who are capable of constructive criticism, healthy debate, level-headed discussion, and saying please.

Thank you to any and all who have ever had a hand in spinning this little world around. Your efforts are appreciated
"Play nice." Mum
Aikura

Unread post by Aikura »

As Christmas is merely hours away and I shall not be around much before the New Year, I wish to take this opportunity to thank absolutely everyone, players and staff, for a fantastic year. I never thought I could have so much fun in an online world, and it is because you have all brought it to life for me that I have.

*hugs you all*

Special thanks to Maecius for my new title and ability, as per my signature. :D
Formally DM Darkshard
"The Gate has five rulers, no matter what the other four think." ~The Duchess of Shadow, the General in the Dark
Blame The Rogue

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

ty maecius for replacing my ring that the naughty server ate, then sticking around and having a little fun with us. MOOOOO
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
mute83

Unread post by mute83 »

thx to the staff, for not adding ½ finished area's. and just adding in more stuff without finishing the old stuff, or things that gets broken
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
Devil's Elysium

Unread post by Devil's Elysium »

I'm still fresh meat here, but I'd like to thank everyone who realises that RP is to be conducted everywhere, not just around a campfire, especially Charraj for that one encounter after Soric got completely rolled by doppelgangers and that hill giant.
On the topic of campfires, another pile of thanks to the group Jorsis abused for enjoyable conflict RP.
This is how an angel dies.

Return to “Community”