Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

LeslieMS

Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Unread post by LeslieMS »

So, here I was sitting here, bored... waiting for the girls to wake up from their nap so we can go do family stuff... scanning through the forums and realized there were not enough of thank yous around here. I did find several threads expressing appreciation for various things... but they get buried in the whining. If this works the way my scheming female mind anticipates... it will not get buried.

I plan to say thank you... to someone, every day, for something. Not a sarcastic thank you either... not a complaint of any sort. A genuine honest thank you. Something is keeping the server full to capacity almost daily. I welcome all of you to put your own thank you in here. As often as possible. Seriously. It's fun I promise. Doesn't even take a lot. Doesn't have to be a five paragraph essay, but it can be if you want it to be.

I only ask, in the spirit of infinite appreciation, that the negative is left to the countless other threads we have. The debates are left to the dozens of argumentative/ healthy debated threads and topics. Just pick a person or group, and a reason to be thankful. Then state as such. At least once a day... but as many times a day as you want.

I will even go first:

Thank you everyone for humoring me by reading this and being nice.
"Play nice." Mum
"Mercy, even to the least deserved."
"Revenge is beneath me, but Accidents happen..."
"Even Echoes fade to silence."
all_distorted

Re: Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Unread post by all_distorted »

Thank you, Leslie, for making such a thread, the forums really need it! :)
Gareut

Unread post by Gareut »

Thanks for all of those who have learn word;" Perkele." It warms my heart =)
Infamous Captain Kalma Hellstorm - Gentleman of Fortune
On our pillage through the Sword Coast, We sail heartless under the flag of Piracy!

Krenal Vandree - The Black Wizards
I am them!
HollowLaughter

Unread post by HollowLaughter »

Oh this is easy for me.

Thanks to...

x-danzig and TalonofWindspeak: Leveling with you guys has been fun and made the process much less painful.

Zkenic:
For playing Felynaste's awesome boss and for build advice. Or just dealing with my stupid 1 AM questions.

Maecius: For greeting me when I first came here and for the awesome RP last night. Don't take it too hard, at least the girl that beat him up was cute, right? :twisted:

Staff in General: <3. I know how much it can suck to DM, let alone run a place like this and put the time into it.
Felynaste Du'thar - Perpetually Unlucky Priestess of Vhaeraun
Meldor

Unread post by Meldor »

Yeah i want to say thanks also, I follow this server since 3 years and it only got better.

Thanks to everyone that is making this server what it is. :mrgreen:
Steal Your Face

Unread post by Steal Your Face »

Thank you, Leslie, for helping me my very first hour on the server, clueless and dead. :D Also for being one of the players with whom I really look forward to RP'ing.

Too many others to list with reasons but they include Daja, Katz, Vet, all the DMs and lots of others to whom I apologize for not explicitly enumerating.
Aearion Caunwaithon, just a simple elf with a big bow.

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind. - R. Hunter
ragnarok1983

Unread post by ragnarok1983 »

I debate the usefulness of this thread! This thread is waaaay overpowered!

No no, just kidding.

The list of people to thank on this server is nearly endless. So many people have poured hours (days, months, years) into developing PW: the devs, programmers, players, the whole bunch.

It's just nuts.

So thanks.

Now... to kill some of those drow... *off to the game*
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington The Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

ragnarok1983 wrote:The list of people to thank on this server is nearly endless. So many people have poured hours (days, months, years) into developing PW: the devs, programmers, players, the whole bunch.
This.

Also, big thanks to our forum trolls! :P

Nutty especially
nuthouse2k

Unread post by nuthouse2k »

Lockonnow wrote:Well if a Paladin detat something evil in the sarcophages?he will open it to tak a loke, it can be a evil item or a evil rat
mute83

Unread post by mute83 »

thanks to those that have gotten into various RP with Marick, and the DM behind the events. Thanks to my fellow Keepers.
Proberly more to come
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
Ri762

Unread post by Ri762 »

I don't even know what "Perkele" means >_>.

Kudos to Leslie for creating this thread,
kudos to Borton for offering help with answering questions and kudos to the poor players who participate in my silly plots for ignoring the accidents and flaws which tend to happen every now and then. Like accidential-massmurder or bunnies with dragontails and whatnot.
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occaisionally it replies.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

There's not a person here I don't owe some gratitude to, but I will thank you all in four major groups.

DMs: I love you guys. Many of you have become good friends to me -- which is strange, given the constraints of Internet friendships -- and I know most of you pretty well. Even those of you who I am still getting to know, I trust and admire.

You all feel like a family to me: or at the very least, a band of brothers. As a result, I want to thank you guys first: for all that you put up with, for all that you sacrifice in order to make this server a better place for others, and for all of that you do to make me enjoy the time I dedicate to this game. You guys have staved off burnout time and time again, whether you know it or not, and I could not be happier, or prouder, to have a DM team as reliable, professional, knowledgeable, and amazing as you all are.

Luna: Luna, our director, puts a lot of work into this server, and it shows. When our founder selected Luna to take over for him, he made a good choice: Luna took what was "just" a really great server among several great servers, and helped make it into the most popular server on NWN2. A lot of you do not know just how much work Luna does, because Luna is not the one you interact with much of the time; but Luna is the one who has to put up with all the little headaches that come from owning and maintaining a server as large and as complex as ours. So thank you, Luna, for all that you do here -- for those of us who work for and with you, as well as for those who just play on your server.

Custom Content Creators: Ah, the scripters, the builders, the developers. You lot are among the hardest-working of us all, but often among the least appreciated. The time you give to the server is time spent behind the scenes, in the Toolset, or in a notepad file, tinkering with menu after menu, or writing line after line of code, in the hopes that it will translate into a better playing experience for those of us who are simply playing in the world you've created.

I always try to give you guys the thanks you deserve, as I know we would stagnate here without you. Even with the best DMs around, players still love new content, new features, new spells, new ... things! And you guys are great at bringing us variety and novelty. Thanks for all your work. It is not unnoticed, or unappreciated.

The Players: Finally, I have to thank the players. You all are the ones who keep coming back, again and again, to help make this server the wonderful roleplaying environment that it is. Of the four groups, you may feel that you do the least, but you are the ones (even more than the DMs) who make the world come alive for your peers. When people think about the gaming time they've put into this server, they think, more than anything else, about the people they roleplayed with: not the mechanics, not the areas, not the DM events, but the social exchange between themselves and other player characters.

So thank you all for being so wonderful to DM for, for creating a magnificently popular server, and for maintaining a friendly environment of roleplay (friendly out of character, anyway ;) I know some of you play jerks) that is fun for not just yourselves, but for everyone you come in contact with on the server. Those of us on staff would have nothing to do if not for you.

Last but not least, thanks for opening this thread, Leslie. People need to know they are appreciated. For those of us who are staff, it keeps us working. For those who are players, it keeps them playing. All in all, this thread is a great idea.
mute83

Unread post by mute83 »

Maecius wrote:There's not a person here I don't owe some gratitude to, but I will thank you all in four major groups.
pick me, pick me :lol:

yes. thx to the staff and the players o have had fun with
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
LeslieMS

Unread post by LeslieMS »

Double thanks goes out to the groups Scarlett interacted with.

Thank you Katz for totally giving not just Scarlett nightmares... but reminding me WHY I never finished the Hellraiser series...

Thank you to the many players that have been drawn into Scarlett's psychosis or temper tantrums today.

~~~

Thank you to the lot of you for continuing to test the patience of a saint...
For seeing the beauty in a gutter rat...
And most importantly: Thank you for keeping me amused and sane. =)

Thank you for giving me stuff to spend hours writing about when I am too busy to focus on the server... and too bored to just sit and watch Sesame Street with the kids. Did I mention keeping me sane saves lives? Travis says I am considerably less homicidal these days.

~~~

Which reminds me... Travis says thank you for all the great stories =D
"Play nice." Mum
"Mercy, even to the least deserved."
"Revenge is beneath me, but Accidents happen..."
"Even Echoes fade to silence."
Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

I want to thank the Staff, first and foremost. Some I know from my starting days here! Some, I know not. All of them (those I interacted with) are very helpful and kind.

I want to thank all of you I get to rp with, I enjoy all of it and often nearly fall from my chair laughing at the hilarious things you do ;) You know who you are.

Luna, for running this place. I can only but imagine the amount of time it consumes and how it might feel a "thankless" job at times. The thread Leslie created here might change that a bit :)

I want to give a little special thank you to Gareut for promoting the word "Perkele" it's sound makes me smirk and it rolls nicely over the tongue...

so.....

PERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKELE! :)
Wulfrik, Hunter Ever, Hunter After

Alaan Skriesong, Anarchist, Assassin, Wild Person- Retired with his She-wolf Elfling in a homely cave -Retired

Return to “Community”