New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Digital Bath

Re: New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Unread post by Digital Bath »

Hello!

I am a new player, though I do have a little experience with NWN2, since I played it a bit nearly a decade ago. I am completely unfamiliar with The Sword Coast Chronicles, but I am excited to learn and play here. I found and picked TSSC, because it has the highest number of active roleplayers, which I hope means there will be many types of players to learn from and enjoy. I am considering a wizard as my first character, because I am in love with their roleplay, but I have also spent a couple of hours reading the wikipedia and considering other classes. Whatever I choose, I will be online once I finish downloading all of the files from the server!
DM Gargoyle

Unread post by DM Gargoyle »

Good luck out there!
TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Digital Bath wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:03 pm Hello!

I am a new player, though I do have a little experience with NWN2, since I played it a bit nearly a decade ago. I am completely unfamiliar with The Sword Coast Chronicles, but I am excited to learn and play here. I found and picked TSSC, because it has the highest number of active roleplayers, which I hope means there will be many types of players to learn from and enjoy. I am considering a wizard as my first character, because I am in love with their roleplay, but I have also spent a couple of hours reading the wikipedia and considering other classes. Whatever I choose, I will be online once I finish downloading all of the files from the server!
Welcome! I've recently returned myself and have been spending the last two weeks or so reading the excellent wiki for information in order to catch up. Lots of custom content. Also, BGTSCC has a discord with all sorts of helpful people. The conversation can range though so be warned! :P
"Are you Thor? God of Hammers?"
Darksword

Unread post by Darksword »

New to BGTSCC but not to NWN. Seems like this is the only place that is still active on gamespy these days (besides Haven) so I guess I'll be spending some quality time here. Played both NWN 1 and 2 since day of release but took a hiatus due to other issues for over ten years. Now that I'm back, looks like some things have changed. Will take me a little time to get the hang of things again but it shouldn't be too difficult. I RP a purple dragon knight of Cormyr. Looking forward to interacting with the rest of the community.
"There is no salvation without destruction, no hope this side of death."
Kinthallis Thornblade: Blademaster of the Four Winds | Purple Dragon Knight of Cormyr
Requiem

Unread post by Requiem »

Hey all, not entirely new since I played a couple of years ago, but only for a week or two. Looking forward to meeting all of you and being apart of the experience and the community! I've been playing for a couple of weeks and so far have had the chance to play with some awesome people and spend some time exploring to take the server in and appreciate all the hard work that makes this possible. Still learning the cadence of RP in an online environment, but I'll get it. I tend to be on the shy side of things, especially while I'm learning the ropes and not to step on anyone's RP toes. Feel free to break me out of my shell haha. I play Arturi in game. Working on Character Biography soon. See you in there!
Arturi Valdaska - Nomadic Smith and Tracker
One of the "People of the Highway" and forever a "Child of Selune"

-Biography-
Flayeriv
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Flayeriv »

Hey all.

This is Ivan's player. Started two months ago nearly to the day. Pleasure to RP with you all!
Agog_Fr
Retired Staff

Unread post by Agog_Fr »

Hello.

I am Agog. I am french. I played on french servers as player and DM.

I am impressed by the technical quality of the module, the BG, the lifetime of the server, and many other things!

I wish myself a warm welcome! ( :P )
Play Angbaal the Necromancer.
Video presentation of my Guild : Link.
Druchii

Unread post by Druchii »

Hello all.

I am playing a Drow called Val'lyn and am looking forward to Rp'ing with you all

All my drop experience came from multiple servers back on Nwn1. As far as this game goes I don't think I ever even played the OC to completion much less played on Ped. Figured it was time to see how the other side lived.
Character List:

Val'lyn (Teken'ep) - Master of Coin - House Selmiyeritar
krighaur
Recognized Donor

Unread post by krighaur »

Hello,

I am krighaur and I am French (from Normandy). I played in french servers, long ago, then returned to play one year ago and stopped.

I want to try a non french server, but I fear it will be difficult (I can write and read english, but I am slow at that) so I am not entirely certain I will play. If you see my PC in game And I don't respond quick enough, please don't think it's because I am ignoring you, it's just a problem of language translation.

Oh last thing, I am old, very old ;) and some may know my pseudo because I did some custom content for the game.
Luniel Kumerian half angel/half barbarian follower of Séluné, returned to her small insignifiant village and lives her insignifiant life quietly

Xullrae Illivara, former weapon master of house Bhaelyndryn small house in Elyndryn

Onyx Amberdark (current PC) young female warrior from the Red Tigers
sweetlikesplenda

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

Hello there!

There are lots of people for whom English is not their first language. If you feel you are slowing down a conversation, a simple Out of Character statement that you are trying will make just about anyone understand and will be patient with you.

Hope you play and enjoy it
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Is that you Krighaur? Content creator?

Im a follower of your blog :)

Jude inc. here. Glad to have you on board. Ever up for joining our media team, just holler.
krighaur
Recognized Donor

Thank you both

Jude, good to meet you, you know I just want to find a place for my aasimar barbarian Luniel.

I have seen in the discord creator (I write rarely but I read) that you are very talented.That said if I may help, it would make me happy
Luniel Kumerian half angel/half barbarian follower of Séluné, returned to her small insignifiant village and lives her insignifiant life quietly

Xullrae Illivara, former weapon master of house Bhaelyndryn small house in Elyndryn

Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Yay! New people!

Glad to have you, and welcome!

Krighaur, do not worry about the language barrier. We have a lot of non-native speakers, and I've barely had issues with it, personally. Added to that, we've got this neat feature in-game, that'll show if someone is typing! So everybody will know when you are responding! :-D
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
krighaur
Recognized Donor

I started a new Char here. I have already met some other PC and they are nice. The maps are beautiful.

Hope Luniel has found a good place. ;)

Unholy_Sword

Unread post by Unholy_Sword »

Been away since 2008 and just returned today. 11 years gone by, can't wait to see what has changed in Baldur's Gate.

Return to “Community”