New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions
Administrator
Forum Moderator

New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Unread post by Administrator »

WELCOME TO BG:TSCC!

This thread's for you, you shiny new player -- bravely ready to enter an expansive world filled with action, intrigue, and adventure!

How did you find Baldur's Gate? Are you new to DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, or are you a veteran of the many-sided dice? What kind of character are you wanting to play? Do you have any questions for us?

This is just a friendly place to say hello and let us know you're here. We can already promise you that we're glad you came!
Lyrewyn

Re: New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Unread post by Lyrewyn »

Thank you for the wonderful introduction. I've only been here for a short while compared to the veterans who have forum accounts dating all the way back to the year 2009, and all I have to say regarding my experiences in my short time here is wow. I've never had this kind of experience, this ability to create so many stories and encounters with such a massive group of people before. It also helps that in general, compared to pretty much everywhere else on the internet, you guys are just so darn respectful!

Many of you have dissenting voices because we all can't share the same opinion, but from all my interactions with you guys I just cannot believe there is truly anyone here who are legitimately trying to lessen the community. Some of you have strong standards, but everyone here seems to want to do what they can to make a better experience for everyone else. It's really like a family, and I like to think, even when I'm not here, that this place is a home away from home. So thank you everyone. I hope more people continue to find what I've found here, because you're wonderful.
My ship plowed through the storm.
Looking into the waves, I grew dizzy,
for I glimpsed the chasm between myself & the infinite.

Yacht life.
-KimKierkegaardashian
Rasael
Retired Staff

Unread post by Rasael »

Hi,

I'm Rasael. I've played some NWN1 back in the day, although not much online. BG:TSCC is my first experience with a persistent world. I also like to build custom content with the NWN toolset.

I regret to say that I've played on this server for more than a year now, but I'm still a newbie. I have no clue where most of the dungeons are. I don't know where to loot. I haven't the faintest idea which enemies are level appropriate. I did manage to do a lot roleplay and make a lot of friends. And I've done a lot of running away too, usually leaving less fortunate Drow behind. :twisted:
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Hi there, been around about a month now and I'm loving it! Played allot of pnp when I was in middle school through early college as well as playing the gold box games through today's crpg's. Always missed pnp but can't really make the schedule for it so finally took the plunge and went searching for a pw. After a few weeks of searching and eyeing various forums this seemed like what I was looking for. Everyone is so helpful here and my rp experience has been amazing! For any other newbies I'll just say if you make a point to really rp you will meet the right folks to have an amazing adventure!

Thanks to all of the players, DM's and developers who have contributed to this wonderful environment!
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Raggedyman

Unread post by Raggedyman »

Hello everyone.. I'm probably the largest noob to this, that this server has ever seen so have patience with me!

With that out of the way im excited to get on and lose my self in another world! I have heard some good things from this server from a friend of mine who use to play here. I cant wait to have some fantastic experiences.
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Accidently found this thread.

My name is Hawke. I have RCRd so many times that I now start my characters at level 2...

I like mages and druids. So I have been dabbling with mage/druid builds. To no avail...

Been with BGTSCC for years, and actually before my forum join date.

But my attendance is off and on. I was last here about 7 months ago. But sometimes you need a break from finding that one build who is you.
Grimcheese

Unread post by Grimcheese »

Hi. Here off and on, but even counting my pre-hiatus moments, I'm still a new little squirt.

My goal is to actually get a character to 20. I'm almost there! ...As long as I can stifle the urge to scratch the RCR itch. >.>
scirca

Unread post by scirca »

Hi everyone. I'm a big fan of RP and a total addict when it comes to working with numbers and efficiency. I like to think I have a pretty good grasp on the unseen mechanical workings of this game and will help with questions if I see something I might be able to answer. I know I don't know everything and I am wrong at times, so no harm in correcting me :).

I am a long time fan of D&D, where grinding is nonexistent. In PWs, it kind of has to be done and I don't mind, especially if I can do it with a small group that squeezes as much RP in as they can while doing it :).

The kind of character I'd like to play is an unarmed barbarian hunter/tracker, but the build seems pretty difficult to make on this server... so maybe it will be an unarmed barbarian/prey for monsters build instead.

I tend to play daytime hours EST, and because I've been trying to cut back from my gaming fun *cough* addiction, I'm not sure how often I'll be around, but we will see :).
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

One thing I've noticed is you don't need the best build to play on this server (I haven't done any pvp, so it may be much more important there). Regardless if you want a barbarian or ranger/barbarian multi of some kind build it! Happy gaming!
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Shad

Unread post by Shad »

Greetings

Played RPG for some time, though single-player most of all, I've been interested to give it a try online.
Two months ago I opened for myself NWN2, and found that I really like it - OC and MotB most of all, that was great. Once, google gave me a hint again - NWN2 could be not over with campaigns end. And so I am here.

I am familiar with D&D - to some extent. It's real big, big ruleset and tremendpously detailed world. Had some good times with dice though, starting with 2nd and continued with 3 ed most of all, and 3.5 is a little new to me.

My favored class in D&D was druid and it's variations, though in last years I switched gradually to figther-WM. Considered simple class, it, I guess, Is comparatively so, but it does not mean that single-minded dummy it is, and I like it.

So thanks you all, good players and DMs, for your great work done here. Touched it very lightly for now, I sense it has serious depth it it, years of wok and story, and it is alive. So I'll try and settle here for a while, if I can :)
Tad - mercenary of the Phoenix Company. Now spending most of time in Friendly Arms, where he rents a room.
Corwin - Who am I? - Lost memory after injuries in the Undead war..
ozmiz

Unread post by ozmiz »

Hello.. I used to play PW(s) with NWN1, however, its been awhile.

Goes without saying, like any other person that plays RPG games, I have been actively playing all the new RPG games that have been out since that time.
Started missing the NWN PW game play and found BG. After reading a several posts, I bought NWN2 on Gog.com just so I could play BGRSCC!
Looking forward to meeting people, and to doing to RP, exploring and learning BG.

See you in game? Cheers.
TaskForce58
Location: Wheeling, WV, USA, Terra, SOL, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster

Unread post by TaskForce58 »

Hey there, Taskforce58 checking in..thought I registered a year or two ago but...well..maybe not. I am am old school PnP er from the 80's red box days. I am an orphan from NWN 1 FR:Cormyr (FRC) server,( notable chars: Uthar the Black, Lady Elsa and the three other silverheart siblings, Yodoko Murasama,) and also Return of Middle Earth (RoME) (notable chars: Tor Steelhammer, Kor Steelhammer) and roleplaying servers my characters here will likely be a redux of my FRC characters, since ive come to know them so well over the years

Currently active : Mariko Akechi (main) ,Yodoko Murasama, Uthar the Black

I am 41, a former US Marine, father of two twin girls aged 15 and a 3 year old whirling dervish of a boy named Jacoby( He never stops moving. Ever. Yeah.)

I have written rather extensive story lines in the past on these servers and I will likely do the same here in the bio/journal forum if I can pry my 3 yr old son off my lap long enough to play more than 15 minutes a night hehe.

My expected gaming time with me Mon-Wed Evenings after 7pm EST (GMT-5) and Thurs-Friday 0230-0500 (AM)) with weekends likely available.

Anyway, I like what I see so far, and spent most of this last evening RP ing with the TRUST crew. I think my thirst for RP has been rekindled, after a couple years away from DnD due to RL.

Here's to good times!

TLDR INTRO VERSION: "Hi, I'm new here, I can RP, cya around!"

:)
"You don't have to outrun your enemies, you just have to trip the dwarf"-Uthar the Black http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44051

"Karma is...karma"- Mariko Akechii http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44052
ctothep

Unread post by ctothep »

Hey Guys,

Ive recently discovered your PW and i want to introduce myself here :)

My name is Christopher. I'm 24 years old and live in Munich, Germany so i hope you can forgive me my not so good english here in the forum aswell as IG. I'm currently studying Audio Engineering so i kinda have a lot of spare time to play NwN2 :)

I've been playing on RP-PWs since i am 12 years old back in NwN1 days although i only played on german PWs so i will probably need some time to get used to doing it in english :) . My favourite race is the drow race and i have been playing them for a long time now. My main char here in this PW will be a drow char aswell.

I hope to see you guys ingame and have a lot of nice RP sessions :)
Characters:

Zaraun - Vhaeraunite Deathsinger, School of Illusions and Phantasm

Retired Characters:

Iston - Lost within the void ... (deceased)
Velgarn

Unread post by Velgarn »

Hello there, my name is Alberto from Italy.

Just yesterday i've finally bought the complete version of NWN2 from GOG, and since i already had NwN1 (where i playied a lot on both Italian and English Shards) i searched for a good NwN2 Shard, so i've found this one. When i finally have all the haks, i will obviously log in ;)
Jakunen_Kainaen

Unread post by Jakunen_Kainaen »

Salutations folks!

It was quite a long time ago that I first stuck my head in BG for only a short amount of time. But after bouncing around between other NWN2 servers and games, I've circled back to take a closer look at BG.

Feel free to send me a tell or toss a wave my way. I don't bite too hard. Promise. :P

Return to “Community”