BGTSCC - Discord

Moderator: Moderator

ValerieJean
Custom Content

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by ValerieJean »

Agreed with those above. Those who have spoken against it at least give it a shot, it's pretty awesome!
Radrilla Imrae Helvi'viir
Gaven Arkalis
Micar'vilchi Illiathor - Dhaerowathi (Drow Bane)
Mia
Donamira
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

Platform: Windows 7+ OSX 10.10+ (Yosemite)
Mobile: iOS 7.1+ Android 4.1 (Jellybean)
Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera
Exactly. So it only works on three browsers. Also TeamSpeak is far more intuitive IMO. Of course I use them all for voice chat namely. If all I want to do is type then IRC or Forums work just fine.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

AlwaysSummer Day wrote:Exactly. So it only works on three browsers.
Edge is almost there, and Safari (4% market share) is long off, though the standalone client works just as well.
AlwaysSummer Day wrote:Also TeamSpeak is far more intuitive IMO. Of course I use them all for voice chat namely. If all I want to do is type then IRC or Forums work just fine.
No fault there, and not pushing Discord as the end-all-be-all, but the API available to it, allows me to extend a lot more features to Discord than we would have otherwise, and many players are already using it. I had the idea to do so on IRC but I was informed from quakenet staff that it was not going to be permitted, started on my own application that had gotten quite some traction already but I'm playing catch-up with an already existing platform, when Discord was then brought to my attention. Unless there's a better client from a technical, and general user friendliness and feature, I haven't found it.
Pimple
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pimple »

Could this be stickied? Must be on like page 42 or something by now ;o
"Your compassion is commendable, Dreadmarshall." -- Sirion Te'dwa, 1359 DR

Sirion Te'dwa - Shop
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Mods can't even sticky any more :? Barney has to do it.
Babuguuscooties

Unread post by Babuguuscooties »

can I get another link to the discord, please? That one says the invite has expired.
I play Nedrin <3
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Aspect of Sorrow wrote:
AlwaysSummer Day wrote:Exactly. So it only works on three browsers.
Edge is almost there, and Safari (4% market share) is long off, though the standalone client works just as well.
[/quote]
To be fair, those three browsers are about 90% of all browser usage :-)
Aspect of Sorrow wrote:No fault there, and not pushing Discord as the end-all-be-all, but the API available to it, allows me to extend a lot more features to Discord than we would have otherwise, and many players are already using it. I had the idea to do so on IRC but I was informed from quakenet staff that it was not going to be permitted, started on my own application that had gotten quite some traction already but I'm playing catch-up with an already existing platform, when Discord was then brought to my attention. Unless there's a better client from a technical, and general user friendliness and feature, I haven't found it.
And that's a huge plus :-) Being able to develop for the client can be great!

Needless to say, I finally jumped on the bandwagon as well... 8-)
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

283 members is quite a lot, and with that over 100 members were online at the time of this writing. With that in mind a lot of overlapping conversation has been occurring among the channels. Have any suggestions regarding the channel layout?
SoThereIWas

Unread post by SoThereIWas »

Aspect of Sorrow,

I'm not in the Discord, but I assume you have not assigned a Numbered channel system to specific topics.

Example:

Those are voice chat channels, but the same concept could be applied to text chat channels to?

It's just a suggestion from the blind perspective of not being in the Discord server

Return to “Archive”