BGTSCC - Discord

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

User avatar
ValerieJean
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by ValerieJean » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Agreed with those above. Those who have spoken against it at least give it a shot, it's pretty awesome!
Radrilla Imrae Helvi'viir
Gaven Arkalis
Micar'vilchi Illiathor - Dhaerowathi (Drow Bane)
Mia
Donamira

AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Platform: Windows 7+ OSX 10.10+ (Yosemite)
Mobile: iOS 7.1+ Android 4.1 (Jellybean)
Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera
Exactly. So it only works on three browsers. Also TeamSpeak is far more intuitive IMO. Of course I use them all for voice chat namely. If all I want to do is type then IRC or Forums work just fine.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.

Aspect of Sorrow
Custom Content
Posts: 2213
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: GMT-4
Contact:

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:26 pm

AlwaysSummer Day wrote:Exactly. So it only works on three browsers.
Edge is almost there, and Safari (4% market share) is long off, though the standalone client works just as well.
AlwaysSummer Day wrote:Also TeamSpeak is far more intuitive IMO. Of course I use them all for voice chat namely. If all I want to do is type then IRC or Forums work just fine.
No fault there, and not pushing Discord as the end-all-be-all, but the API available to it, allows me to extend a lot more features to Discord than we would have otherwise, and many players are already using it. I had the idea to do so on IRC but I was informed from quakenet staff that it was not going to be permitted, started on my own application that had gotten quite some traction already but I'm playing catch-up with an already existing platform, when Discord was then brought to my attention. Unless there's a better client from a technical, and general user friendliness and feature, I haven't found it.
Vithsiris Helvi'viir Heretic Drow
Short Stories
- - -
AoS Player Tools
Logon Issue/Resources

User avatar
Pimple
Recognized Donor
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:07 pm
Location: Denmark, CET

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by Pimple » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:31 am

Could this be stickied? Must be on like page 42 or something by now ;o
Sirion Te'dwa ~ Wizard, Scribe & Loiterer (MIA)
Nelia Snyder ~ Wandcrafter & Alchemist Extraordinairé (MIA)
Nathan Fryar ~ Nose-picking Baker (MIA)

Discord: Pimple#9706
Skype: p1mpl3

User avatar
Tsidkenu
Posts: 3863
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 12:04 am
Location: Terra Nullis

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by Tsidkenu » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:05 am

Mods can't even sticky any more :? Barney has to do it.
Formerly the player of:

Mae yr Machshikhah - Pryat of Helm [Bio] [Retired]
Schezalle - The Black Claws Baeqeshel [Bio] [Retired]
Araphella - Whispers of Oblivion [Bio] [Retired]
Aeili Azenci - Baelnorn of Mystra [Bio] [Deceased]

Off exploring the Electric Universe.

User avatar
Babuguuscooties
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by Babuguuscooties » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 am

can I get another link to the discord, please? That one says the invite has expired.

User avatar
Zanniej
Admin-in-Training
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:28 am
Location: The dark parts of the forum

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by Zanniej » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:30 am

Aspect of Sorrow wrote:
AlwaysSummer Day wrote:Exactly. So it only works on three browsers.
Edge is almost there, and Safari (4% market share) is long off, though the standalone client works just as well.
[/quote]
To be fair, those three browsers are about 90% of all browser usage :-)
Aspect of Sorrow wrote:No fault there, and not pushing Discord as the end-all-be-all, but the API available to it, allows me to extend a lot more features to Discord than we would have otherwise, and many players are already using it. I had the idea to do so on IRC but I was informed from quakenet staff that it was not going to be permitted, started on my own application that had gotten quite some traction already but I'm playing catch-up with an already existing platform, when Discord was then brought to my attention. Unless there's a better client from a technical, and general user friendliness and feature, I haven't found it.
And that's a huge plus :-) Being able to develop for the client can be great!

Needless to say, I finally jumped on the bandwagon as well... 8-)
"May the forums be ever in your favor."
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much"
- Oscar Wilde
Now you see me ... now you don't

Aspect of Sorrow
Custom Content
Posts: 2213
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: GMT-4
Contact:

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Image

283 members is quite a lot, and with that over 100 members were online at the time of this writing. With that in mind a lot of overlapping conversation has been occurring among the channels. Have any suggestions regarding the channel layout?
Vithsiris Helvi'viir Heretic Drow
Short Stories
- - -
AoS Player Tools
Logon Issue/Resources

User avatar
SoThereIWas
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Re: BGTSCC - Discord

Unread post by SoThereIWas » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Aspect of Sorrow,

I'm not in the Discord, but I assume you have not assigned a Numbered channel system to specific topics.

Example:

Image

Those are voice chat channels, but the same concept could be applied to text chat channels to?

It's just a suggestion from the blind perspective of not being in the Discord server

Post Reply