02/01/2021 - General Server Meeting Transcript (No. 2) (Public Access)

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Boo

02/01/2021 - General Server Meeting Transcript (No. 2) (Public Access)

Unread post by DM Boo »

This is the transcript from the meeting which was held on the 02/01/2021. This was the second general server meeting overall. It was the first meeting to be sheduled in advance. Thank you to all the players and to DM Grinning Death and DM All-Father who attended, and a big thank you again to SpookySkeleton for the encoding work!

Comments are allowed, but please keep them on-topic, or create a seperate thread to discuss a topic more in-depth. They will be removed otherwise.

----And yes, I'll put together an outline on how the "Speaking Stick" works in time for the next meeting... since we had a few issues during this meeting.

----And I'll also give instructions to everyone on the DM team on how to extend the server time.

Please let me know whether you think emoting text like "passes the stick" should be left in while editing the transcript, or whether you would prefer for it and small talk to be removed in order to make the text clearer to read.

Hidden: show
10:34 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Welcome everyone! Thank you for attending today's meeting. There's no set agenda, this is a space where you decide on the issues that you want to discuss. We'll pick someone to go first and go around the circle.
10:37 [DM Boo] DM Boo: We'll use the same "Talking Stick" idea as last time. If you want to speak to ask a question on a topic, or provide input into a topic that is currently being discussed, the current speaker will have a Speaking Stick.
10:38 [DM Boo] DM Boo: It's up to them if they want to allow the other person to speak. If they do, they'll hand that person the stick. And when they are done, that person will give the initial speaker the stick back again. Any questions?
10:38 [yingyangjoy] Mana: no questions here
10:38 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Pretty straightforward
10:38 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: Yay!!! talking stick!!
10:38 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Can I keep the stick at the end?
10:38 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Alright, then who wants to start? We'll go anti-clockwise.
10:39 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Yes, you can.
10:39 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Yay!
10:39 [DM Boo] DM Boo: (Stick is not a physical object) ;)
10:39 [Tristam] Val Valis: Very well.
10:39 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Awwww.
10:39 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Sure, ready?
10:39 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Should be.
10:39 [Firechicken] Taka: Ready when you are boss :D
10:39 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Eh, create "The Talking Stick." Quarterstaff. +2 Charisma. +2 Diplomacy. Mass Criticals 1d4. "Tread Lightly. And carry a big stick."
10:39 [Tristam] Val Valis: Anti clockwise.. I am first?
10:39 [Styxster] Eva Crow: First matter of buisness....making the stick and ingame item
10:40 [yingyangjoy] Mana: Who wants to start?
10:40 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Raises hand
10:43 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Who was going first?
10:44 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: I think... Salim.
10:44 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: okay, sure.
10:44 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Beforew we begin
10:44 [DM Boo] DM Boo: If you want to interject, emote "Raises hand"
10:45 [DM Boo] DM Boo: If you are passing the stick over, emote "Passes stick to (whoever)"
10:45 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Alrighty.
10:45 [DM Boo] DM Boo: I think that's it.
10:45 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: So hi, I'm Salim, I'm an alchoholic and....oh, wait, wrong meeting. Ahems
10:45 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Alright. Go ahead, Salim. Passes Salim the speaking stick
10:46 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: So I want to petition the DM Team to expand the Polymorph/Shapechange list to include more of the summonable monsters that we have. Such as the Dire Crocodile.
10:46 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: There are a lot of creatures we can summon I'd like to be able to change into RP wise.
10:46 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand.
10:46 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Tosses stick to Nathan, and sits down
10:46 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I think stuff like that is more something you'd petition to the Devs, not the DM's. That's not really what they do.
10:47 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Tosses stick back!
10:47 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: yes
10:48 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Well, I guess most of my questions/concerns are more on the Dev end, not the DM end. So I'll go ahead and pass the stick and if I think of anything later I'll chime in.
10:48 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: So...tosses stick to Avro
10:49 [Louvaine] Avro: I'm quite new and I would like to see more of BGTSCC before I speak my mind. I would like to say that I enjoy it, though, so good job to everyone that helped to build this place, regardless of what role you had in said creation.
10:49 [Louvaine] Avro: passes stick to Uzzrella
10:50 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Welcome!
10:50 [Tristam] Val Valis: applauds
10:50 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Drinks. Doesn't need a reason to drink. But drinks nonetheless
10:51 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: nods
10:51 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Raises hand ... Uzzrella Afk?
10:51 [Firechicken] Radiant Mouser: Think she went alt tabbed
[10:51] SERVER: [DM] THE SERVER HAS BEEN UP 4 HOUR(S)
10:53 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Hm, guess we could pass the stick to Alyssia?
10:53 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: ((can I steal the stick?
10:54 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: steals the stick
10:54 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: We can always go back to Uzzi if she comes back.
10:54 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: ( Do it. Steal the stick. Descend into darkness, Priestess. Mwua haha.
10:55 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Yes, pass someone over if they are AFK.
10:55 [DM Boo] DM Boo: We can return to them later
10:55 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: I think a bit more clearity from the DM side would be nice, if the rest of the team knows that a particular DM is busy and cannot continue a plot or has to put it on pause, that another DM could state that on the thread so everyone is on the same message
10:56 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: That's it
10:56 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: tosses to Vani
10:59 [Oarthias] Vanira: I'm faily happy honestly. ..There is some of the slow responces back from DMs about events. I know RL gets in the way and crazy, but even a ... I got the PM and will get back to you would be nice. I would also like to perhaps seem some more alignment....
11:00 [Oarthias] Vanira: points given due to character actions.
11:00 [Firechicken] Radiant Mouser: nods
11:00 [Oarthias] Vanira: Passes stick to Radiant mouser
11:00 [Firechicken] Radiant Mouser: Pass
11:01 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: ((Shaz
11:01 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
11:02 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Raises hand too.
11:02 [EhpicFellure] Shazyldia: First, thank you to the community,. I really enjoy the server. I'd like to see more of the micro-dm events at times. Especially some more down in the Under Dark. hands staff to DM Boo
11:04 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: (pass sorry was afk)
11:04 [DM Boo] DM Boo: On the DM team responses matter, I just wanted to say that we have been in a quiet period over the holiday months. A few of our DM's haven't returned to active duty yet, but there are a handful who are (Like Grinning Death, SummerBreeze and Gixustrat). -
11:04 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand
11:05 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: raises hand
11:05 [DM Boo] DM Boo: If you have any issues with anyone in particular, it's best to communicate your concerns directly with them if you can, or failing that, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to let you know what is going on.
11:05 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes the stick back to Shaz
11:05 [Wade228] Jalib: raises hand too
[11:06] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Nathan, then Alyssa, then Jalib
11:06 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Mana had her hand up too.
[11:06] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Ah, Mana first!
11:06 [DM Boo] DM Boo: +1
11:06 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Wonders if she should snatch the talking stick
11:07 [EhpicFellure] Shazyldia: Passes the stick
11:07 [yingyangjoy] Mana: I just wanted to make a small interjection about aligment points, while it's an amazing idea, it scares me that then someone would manipulate it to get illegal builds like paladin bard or something
11:08 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Passes stick back to Nathan
11:08 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I'm not staff and never have been but one of the best ways to help out with DM's being inactive, or to help out with DM team being overloaded or inactive is to apply to the team! Go for it. <3
11:09 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Passes stick to. . . uhh.. . . sec gotta scroll up.
11:09 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Alyssia!
11:10 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: So, if a dm in charge of a plot line disappears, just no idea what happened to them do you assign another dm to pick it up?
11:11 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
11:11 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: nods to boo
11:11 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Yes, we can find someone to pick it up.
11:12 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: nods to Jalib
11:12 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Depending on whether there's a DM available, we can pick up abandoned plots. If not, we'll let you know when we find one.
11:12 [DM Boo] DM Boo: back to Jalib
11:12 [Wade228] Jalib: gets the stick So I'll add a quick note on the unanswered DM request topic, because already half of the persons who spoke brought it up and I think MUCH more would
11:13 [Wade228] Jalib: So I wanted to say it seems to be an issue big enough that it's worth a public DM post that like addresses the situation, even in "please have patience, we're working on it" manner. Also, as an idea I suggest something like a screenshot of the DM inbox >>
11:14 [Wade228] Jalib: added to the post, with names / contacts / topics blurried where needed, it would help a huge deal with letting us, as the players, to understand you and what's going on
11:14 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand.
11:14 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: nods to Jalib
11:14 [Wade228] Jalib: Just saying that unanswered requests seems to be one of the hottest topics for today Hands the stick over to Nathan
11:15 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Will the new staff positions, like speaker and forum helper, have a hand in helping out with this workload?
11:15 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
11:16 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Fingerguns the stick to Boo.
11:16 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Yes.
11:16 [DM Boo] DM Boo: It should help processing and speed in general.
11:16 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes it back
11:17 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: (I belive we're to Nigel in the circle rotation
11:17 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Tosses stick to. . . Jalib? Nigel? Someone. He's clearly done.
11:17 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: graps the talking stick, gets his copy of war & peace for naration
11:17 [Zen Sage] Fade Shadow-Strider: Here here, /in agreement with DM Boo
11:18 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: everything is peachy and you guys do the best for volunteers, party on and be most excelent to each other
11:18 [Firechicken] Radiant Mouser: Nods with nigel
11:18 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: passes stick to mana
11:18 [EhpicFellure] Shazyldia: nods in agreement
11:18 [kitteninablender] Salim el-Faddir: Plays air guitar
11:18 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Takes stick.
11:18 [Tristam] Val Valis: Party on, Nigel.
11:21 [yingyangjoy] Mana: I just wanted to thank everyone for their interest in coming here and working together, I think that maybe a real official discord channel would help, having an unofficial discord is very strange and I dont like it, I had left it but rejoined it because..
11:21 [yingyangjoy] Mana: sometimes updates on the forums are very slow to be posted regarding server status, updates, etc. most other nwn pws I know have an official discord, i think one hosted by the server admin or HDMs would work, or someone that is a community manager, maybe
11:21 [yingyangjoy] Mana: the speaker role
11:22 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Passes stick to Malakai
11:22 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Seizes the baton with amazing dexterity
11:23 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: No issues from me... I'm happy here. This place is a nice community of players and it has a bit of everything I enjoy in NWN 2 - dungeoneering and RP where one can find it... I suppose I will say I find it's hard to get in on RP if you're not in a guild,
11:23 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: But's a matter of patience...
11:23 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Any way... A few shout outs and a question.
11:24 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: DM Foresight did a nice mini event - I liked the system they had with the tokens you could spend - cool feature.
11:24 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Shout out to Spartacus - I am involved in some of their stuff at the moment and it looks to be fun.
11:24 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Question I think would be...
11:24 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: To what extent can the DM's remark on whether or not they'll cover <i>Time of Troubles</i> event?
11:25 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Tosses the stick to Boo.
11:25 [DM Boo] DM Boo: coughs
11:25 [DM Boo] DM Boo: takes the stick
11:25 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Winks.
11:25 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Putting yous on the spot.
11:27 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Can I just say.... We get asked that question a lot. All I can say is that each year is discussed the previous year among the DM team, usually around the Sept-Dec mark. Then we spend a few months planning. We'll probably be discussing the ToT more fully -
11:27 [DM Boo] DM Boo: when we are closer to it... but generally, our stance has been on skipping a year.
11:27 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes the stick back to Malakai
11:28 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Cool, thanks for answering... Passes the stick over to Nathan.
11:28 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Raises hand
11:28 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: :-)
11:29 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: This is more for the community than for the DM's, but I'd love to like, work out some plot stuff with other players/RP/etc. It seems a lot of the various groups don't necessarily interact a whole lot and while I have a fairly wide reach...
11:30 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises a hand.
11:30 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: ...in the folks I talk to and RP with I'd love to have that grow more. Especially with some more bad folks. <3
11:30 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Stickabella!
11:31 [Louvaine] Avro: raises hand
11:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I just want to throw in that the specific limits as to the depth of plots PCs can create with other PCs is, in my opinion, one of the things both holding back PCs and increasing the load upon DMs.
11:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Passes the stick back to Nathan.
11:31 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I agree with Bella there, because there's only so much you can do before you need DM intervention.
11:31 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: But in any case, more is better than not.
11:31 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Stick to Avro!
11:31 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: nods
11:31 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: raises hand
11:32 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //D'harasha had one too
11:32 [Louvaine] Avro: passes to D'harasha
11:32 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: I just wanted to express my opinion, that skipping it is a lame excuse. passes back to Avro
11:33 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Fair
11:34 [Louvaine] Avro: I wanted to say that I agree with what Nathan Goldenmane said about PC to PC plot. I think that with the amount of organisations here on server, most of fabula should be those groups striving for power.
11:35 [Louvaine] Avro: I realise I am new to this place, but I am expecting to explore that and I invite everyone to do the same - be that evil, good, lawful, chaotic, or a tree.
11:35 [Louvaine] Avro: passes back to Nathan
11:35 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Well that's not necessarily what I meant by it, since there's not really "power" held by groups in any tangible sense. I just want more people to play with.
[11:35] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Raises hand!
11:35 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Passes it to Uzzrella since she was first!
11:35 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: first... sorry for missing the stick que before.. got distracted, second..
11:36 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: I'm new so this might have been covered before but?
11:37 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: with so many 30 level pcs.. would it make sense to give certain players quasi dm ablities? short of full dm status.. is that being considered? I know I've seen some learship from these established players already..
11:37 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: lastly...
11:37 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: are dms allowed to play? or does that cause issues.. and thanks everyone, been a great experience do far :D
11:38 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: tosses stick in air
11:38 [Firechicken] Radiant Mouser: Claps for uzzrella
11:38 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I will let the DM's answer that stuff, but I think a lot of the community would look unfavorably on certain people being quasi-DM abilities just in a favoritism standpoint.
11:38 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: DM's are allowed to play though, I know.
11:38 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Isabella raises a hand.
11:38 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Sticks to GrinningDeath
[11:39] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Catches it like a boss
[11:39] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Yes, the DM's play!
[11:39] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] No, players are not going to get DM powers!
11:39 [DM Boo] DM Boo: some of them!
[11:39] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Some of the DMs play!
11:39 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: The only power I want is to be able to give myself sparkles.
11:39 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Some DM's can't handle anymore of the game than alread being a DM. chuckles
11:39 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: I want the power to summon better rapiers in the shops. ;)
11:39 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: No one blames them.
11:40 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: It can be stressfull the client being what it is, from what I'm told.
11:40 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Cough Sorry... Check interjection from me.
11:40 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I can sparkle actually.
11:40 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: ( Check - cheeky* )
[11:40] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] I just want to briefly get back to the issue of PC conflict
11:40 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Show off.
11:41 [Tristam] Val Valis: looks zen, sitting peaceful and happy
11:41 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: ;-)
[11:41] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] I want you all to know, I'm very much down with generating faction conflict. I think that PC/PC conflict creates the best roleplay, and if anyone has an idea on how to generate that kind of conflict, please let me know how I can help.
11:41 [Firechicken] Radiant Mouser: Nods
11:41 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: raises hand
[11:42] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] With, of course, approval from upon high!
[11:42] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] <B>Tosses stick back to...Nathan?
11:42 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Tosses it to bella, with Dharasha on deck.
11:42 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: raises hand
11:44 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Having been involved in a lot of varous PC/PC conflict over the years I have often found that the involvement of staff makes it more filled with woe and upset than leaving them out. That said. I have also foudn that without any Staff involvement or
11:45 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: at least staff being aware of efforts. There is little to no progress to changing anything about the server other than Player opinion.
11:45 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: raises hand
11:45 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: RP that DMs notice, is what effects the world. DMs beign aware of what RP is going on is a communication issue from PLayers. To staff.
11:46 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: That I myself do not know particularly how to solve. ANd I think it part of why people feel that DMs are biased. Because they notice the RP around an event even if they aren't on as a DM.
11:46 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: +
11:46 [Louvaine] Avro: +
11:46 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: As a solution to this, I think easing the ability of communication both ways is critical.
[11:46] SERVER: [DM] THE SERVER HAS BEEN UP 5 HOUR(S)
11:46 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: The Speaker seems a step in tis direction.... but I think we may need more.
11:46 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Tosses stick to D'harasha.
11:47 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: I love conflict between pcs, I'd like to join any existing assassin guilds, and/or start my own. If the former, find and either kill the leader or take over from them.
11:48 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Eventually.
11:48 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: But I also struggle with plot.
11:48 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: So if any tips there, I would love to hear them.
11:48 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Alyssia, right?
11:48 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: She did raise he hand, yes.
11:49 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: No, Veslana. smacks with stick
11:49 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: grabs stick beofre it hits her face
11:49 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: In my experience, a lot of players are not necessarily into PC/PC conflict. That is a whole part of why I said what I said in the first place - to let people know I am open to it (and likely, that my guild would be too, but even if they arent!)
11:49 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: But mostly to get to know people, and have a good OOC relationship with people before things go down IC.
11:49 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Gestures to pass stick to Ves!
11:50 [Androoh] Malakai Stormwind: Sorry to interrupt... Glyth and Gwyneth'tia are due a turn too. They may have been skipped.
11:50 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: I also want more player driven plot, with the personal failing that I can't plot.
11:50 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: First, I think the guilds have done a good job of little plots and events in the past.
11:50 [dae-glyth] Glyth: raises hand
11:50 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: snatches stick I think for faction v faction DMs should supervise, any major engagements, and sort of be the referee type deal, and help enforce outcomes either positive or negitives. let the players decide the plots and reasons why they are in conflict
11:50 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: I know OSR has worked with Candlekeep, Radiant Heart, House Vale, Doron Amar, and the EDE at various times on both short and long plots.
11:51 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Isabella raises a hand.
11:51 [Tristam] Val Valis: proud to be a part of a server where I have never experienced PK griefing after 3-4 years of play
11:51 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: (Am I out of turn?
[11:51] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Ves is talking folks, please wait your turn.
11:52 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: That aside I have one question for the DM's.
11:52 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: There was talk of the guild leaders being able to hand out insignia and keys without having to pester DM's. My apologies if I missed a step but what was the resoluton there?
11:53 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: (well i thought it was just people raising hand answering questions or gave opinion to them. to what Nathan said
11:53 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: ( Yeah correct, I technically still have hte main stick. )
[11:53] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Valefort has designed a feat that allows guild leaders to hand out keys. Your guild leader should be able to grant you a key at will.
11:54 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: It is ingame and active and working. Make sure the right key item is in place or else when you do it it eats your inventory.
11:54 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: (/Uh.... we can?
11:54 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Ask me how I know that <.<
11:54 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Yeah
11:54 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: There's a feat!
11:54 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: (/.... I asked for one!
11:54 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: (I will poke again
11:54 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: ((whaaaat.... I need it
11:54 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Observe!
[11:54] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] In order to get one, you need to PM Valefort. He put out a call in the forums a month or so ago.
[11:54] [DM Boo] DM Boo: [DM] ty
11:54 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: And then you can use it to remove their key too.
11:55 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Or should be able to!
11:55 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: Okay. I am the leade rof my guild so I'll get on that. Thank you.
11:55 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I dunno if that worked.
11:55 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: But there you go.
11:55 [Tristam] Val Valis: A very productive meeting.
11:55 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: ()Afk to write PM to Valefort again!
11:55 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: He will need your ingame gamespy id, and the character name, as well as the key itemname.
11:55 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: So include those in the PM!
11:55 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //Please everyone not all speak over each other. Val was the speaker I believe?
11:56 [Tristam] Val Valis: (sorry I did not know I was speaker but I do have some questions)
11:56 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: (I have a stick, I think, who wants it?
11:56 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: (/I do!
11:57 [DM Boo] DM Boo: /Alright
11:57 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: ( I think it goes back to me after you, since I was the original holder. )
11:57 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: hands to Dhar
11:57 [Tristam] Val Valis: looks about, bowing to D'harasha
11:57 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Nathan still has it.
11:57 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: hands Val the stick
11:57 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //I think we skipped over a 3rd of people
11:57 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: ( I Haven't yet passed it on.
11:57 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: ((glyth is next in order
11:57 [Tristam] Val Valis: hurls it back to Nathan
11:57 [Tristam] Val Valis: Catch.
11:58 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: (KK...someone gave stick to me so I just wnet with it. My ap;ogies.
11:58 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //alright then let's just get back in order lol
11:58 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //np!
11:58 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: (i think people need to remember to only answer to something the original speaker said and not bring in new questions/things before its their turn
11:58 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: ( The way the stick works: Whoever has it is raising their points. You raise your hand and you can ask or respond to it. )
11:58 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: ( Or they could choose to not address. When they are done, stick goes to next person. )
11:59 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I do have one more thing before passing it along.
11:59 [Tristam] Val Valis: looks To Nathan
12:00 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I know after the Devil war, the DM team moved away from yearly metaplots. Things seemed a bit quiet since then but plenty of stuff has still happened. How has the team felt about that? Are y ou sticking to this? Going back? Something new?
12:01 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
12:02 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Stick to boo
12:03 [DM Boo] DM Boo: We moved away from formal metaplots because they were not working, both in terms of DM's not being available (and it falling to a couple), and for lack of player interest/participation. There are still informal plotlines and "campaign lites" going on
12:05 [DM Boo] DM Boo: But it has been fairly quiet due to this. We'll still incorporate major events into the server, but they won't be year long affairs nowadays. I think it's working, but am always open to suggestions.
12:06 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes the stick back to Nathan
12:07 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I am for the record happy with that change, one thing I didnt like about the large plots is just. . . you don't see much of what's going on, even if you're involved
12:08 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Anyway that's all I've got!
12:08 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: passes stick to Glyth.
12:08 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Wipes down the stick with an antiseptic wipe.
12:09 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay I have a few things to talk about.
12:09 [dae-glyth] Glyth: First, with the advent of the forum helper role, it could allow the approve bio rewards to come back.
12:10 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay next
12:10 [dae-glyth] Glyth: I would like to see more plots that are scheduled, like how a PnP game night would be scheduled weekly. So that people who have obligations that do not allow them to idle in game 24/7 can participate in DM led plots in some capacity.
12:11 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: nods to Glyth
12:11 [Louvaine] Avro: +
12:11 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: raises hand
[12:11] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Raises hand as well!
12:12 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay. Passes stick to Glaeth for response.
12:13 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Holds the Listening Spoon +4 intently.
12:13 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: oh me
12:13 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Yes, even those of us that idle 24/7, don't always get into dm events either you know.
12:13 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: passes back
12:13 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand
12:13 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Passes to Death.
[12:14] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] I'd only offer that I actually asked my players to postpone the event we had for tonight because I failed reading comprehension, and forgot that this was tonight.
12:15 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay, and then now Nathan. passes to Nathan
12:15 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: (lol
[12:15] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] I prefer to schedule events, and I make every effort to do so with players. You likely won't see me doing one-off events in game too often unless I have a lot of time, because I like to plan mine out.
12:15 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: The best way to get into a DM event is to get involved with other players and get out and do stuff. I have been involved in a fair few, but I have never had an event that started while I was just idle someplace. As Grinning Death says, spontaneous events
12:15 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises a hand.
12:15 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: are fairly rare, mostly because folks prefer to schedule ahead and know they'll have some attendance.
12:15 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Hands stick back!
12:16 [dae-glyth] Glyth: When I mean a spontaneous event, I mean more like you randomly log in and see on shout "place x is seeing y" and you have to all go meet up. I'm not saying that there are no scheduled events, just that I'd like to see more of it.
12:16 [dae-glyth] Glyth: passes to Isabella
12:17 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I think the 'skill' of attracting DM attention is undersold. There is a skill set to it. And I do not mean to say that those who have it are favored. They are just more used to how things work, even if someone isn't favored by the DM team, the knowledge
12:17 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: of how to activate that part of the server is not as easy as simply RPing IG.
12:17 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Agree
12:17 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Expaniding guides on how to do such would be a welcome thing. I could even try to write one myself.
12:17 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Passes stick back.
12:18 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: would love some guide on that
12:18 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Well, I also think it's very subjective. Like you can go out and RP for months with people about trying to achieve xyz, but never gain a DM sponsor to see it followed through. I'm told to PM them on forums and go with OOC requests to get this done...
12:18 [dae-glyth] Glyth: but that feels more like soliciting or begging to me.
12:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand.
12:19 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Raises hand
12:19 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Hands to Nathan.
12:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: If you don't ask/request something, they aren't likely to know what you want from it. Part of the point of requesting isn't just saying "Hey give me this thing please" it's also "I've been doing this RP and I'd like to achieve this end, what do I have to
12:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: do to get there?" and having a conversation and being on the same page with the team.
12:20 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Isabella raises a hand.
12:20 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: DM's aren't around 24/7 just lurking and watching you .
12:20 [Cobral30] Veslana Raven: nods to Nathan's comment
12:20 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: . . . probably.
[12:20] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] *Cough*
12:20 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Hands stick back!
12:20 Tymra: LIES
12:20 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: doubts
12:20 Tymra: Always watching....
12:20 [Louvaine] Avro: raises hand
12:21 [dae-glyth] Glyth: hands to Isabella
12:21 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: As a guild leader and someone many probably think as at least somewhat influential..... I have trouble with this hurdle. Even though I have been here forever and an age. My frustration tends to stem from not knowing exactly what I need DMs for and
12:21 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: what I don't. Or ohw to translate 2 months of PC to PC RP into something the DMs recognize.
12:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Other than just sending them 50,000 word logs?
12:22 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: +
12:22 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand.
12:22 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Keeps her hand raised.
12:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Passes it to Nathan.
12:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Whoop!8
[12:22] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Mana first, please.
12:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Gives Mana a shot!
12:22 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Ally-oops it to Mana
12:22 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: +
12:23 [yingyangjoy] Mana: Regarding how to work with Dms as players, it is a combination of several things, this is just what what has been working for me recently after participating in a few plots, the first and most important thing is to use the forums, at least to read or to..
12:24 [yingyangjoy] Mana: post your character general activities, second, is to RP with as many people as possible, third is to have ideas for plots that are easy for other people skillsets to get involved and complement a group effort and finally sometimes an individual DM picks
12:25 [yingyangjoy] Mana: a plot, I sent a PM to DM Spartacus one morning and told him about a plot idea I had and by the afternoon we were already collecting clues for this plot.
[12:25] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Raises hand briefly for after Nathan
[12:25] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Then must be away!
12:25 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Give it to him first, mine's not important.
12:26 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //To stop skipping from happening, please remember that the current speaker gets to make the call on who speaks next, and always remember to hand the stick back to them once you have finished interjecting
12:26 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Passes stick back to Grinning
[12:26] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Very, very briefly
[12:28] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] I will say this about DM plots and requests: request on the forums. Requests that get picked up are usually clear, have a definite goal that is not out of reach for a single or a few events, and communicate regularly once it is picked up.
[/color][12:28] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Whether it's personal, global, whatever
12:28 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Isabella raises a hand.
[12:29] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Have a clear plan, a group of interested players or make it easy for others to be involved, and hopefully it'll get picked up and ran with by a DM
[12:29] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Because again, we're only people, and people with jobs/families
12:29 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //Wait, I thought Glyth was the speaker?
12:29 [dae-glyth] Glyth: ( I am.
12:29 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: (he is
[12:29] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] Tosses it back to Glyth!
12:29 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //Okay!
12:29 [dae-glyth] Glyth: So, regarding DM requests.
12:30 [dae-glyth] Glyth: This also pertains to Lord/Lady titles and custom/grandfathered items.
12:30 [DM Boo] DM Boo: /When you have people handing the stick to other people who are asking questions it gets confusing
12:30 [dae-glyth] Glyth: The IRL time tables to get these done and requirements are subjective and difficult to understand, and were not always done the same way in the past.
12:30 [dae-glyth] Glyth: So as a new player it is very daunting on how to even work toward these prestigious rewards others have.
12:31 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay, I lost track of the hands. I think Avros wanted to reply to this topic?
12:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Has an ontopic thing! But can easily wait
12:31 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Hands to Avro
12:33 [Louvaine] Avro: Thanks! We spoke about trying to get stuff dome with DM's, be that personal or for your guild. I wonder if I can use having two DMs around to ask if they ever use "conditional examine", or if there's no point and we should stick to forums.
12:33 [Louvaine] Avro: (stuff done*
12:34 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
12:34 [Louvaine] Avro: passes to DM Boo
12:35 [DM Boo] DM Boo: I don't know personally of any DM's who use Conditional Examine, but they can. It's probably a good idea to remind them about it generally. I can do that.
12:35 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes stick back to Glyth
12:36 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Passes to Isabella.
12:36 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I would like to second Glyth's point by adding my own perspective onto it. PCs having any infuluence or reputation with NPCs is almost wholly arbitraty save for -the sole- exception.... maybe? Of such things as the Lord or Lady Title, which comes with
[/color]12:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: assumed constant approval from the Dukes? But probably not all four.... I ca say from my own view point I have at this moment no idea how any Moajor NPC views Isabella. And I am used to knowing it will change month to month of DM to DM....
12:37 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: (is glyph done?
12:37 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //not yet
12:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: This makes it very hard to have any sense of progress or clear goals if one has a goal such as: "Have Duke Liia like me."
12:38 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I think the Lord titles Dae speaks of fall into this pit.
12:38 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: SHe passes the stick back to Glyth
12:38 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay a few more points.
12:38 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
12:38 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Um okay, hands to boo
12:40 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Quickly on Isabella's point, there is a subforum on the DM side of things where we record PC's who have any influence, so we do keep track of that DM-side. It's sadly not utilised by all DM's, but it's a good place to draw prior knowledge from.
12:40 [DM Boo] DM Boo: gives the stick back
12:40 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand.
12:40 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay I wanted to talk more about the server meta plot and Discord presence of DM's in general but we talked briefly on those so I'll skip them.
12:41 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Before I hand it back to Isabella, I want to discuss taxes briefly.
12:41 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Last I checked, when a new player comes into the Nexus and talks to the portal God, enters in 1, 1, 1, they end up right in Farmlands behind the tax office.
12:41 [dae-glyth] Glyth: I'm sorry I meant by the boy, but close enough to the tax office.
12:41 [dae-glyth] Glyth: I feel like it'd be a disservice to the entire server and new players everywhere if we didn't really explore this tax lore. We don't have enough tax plots. Give the players what they want: detailed tax plots. The SCCE shouldn't be getting away without filing.
12:42 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Hands to Isabella
12:42 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Would a PC be able to ask to see their own reputations? Or make a specific DM request of attempting to garner reputation? Is this someting people do? Can do? Should do?
12:42 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : I need an explanation, thanks! I just got in from shovelling snow!
12:43 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Waves the stick towards Boo
12:44 [DM Boo] DM Boo: takes the stick
12:44 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : ah okay...I thought there was a big controversy involving an NPC tax man and people freaking out over non-existant taxes paid to inconsequential NPCs :)
12:45 [DM Boo] DM Boo: I wanted to first point to the existence of a pinned topic on the forums that describes how to send in requests to DM's on various things. It's at the top of General Discussions, under the Announcements section, and it's called "Guidelines for Making -
12:45 [kejmckin] Dral Winterward: hair flip
12:46 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Requests to the DM's" recommend checking it out.
12:47 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay, thanks for listening. I'm done as speaker, we can pass it to the next person, I believe Gwyn?
12:47 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: nods
12:47 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: server reset now here after 6 hours?
12:47 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Just a sec, don't miss me!
12:47 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: sorry :)
12:48 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay, sorry Boo
12:48 [DM Boo] DM Boo: The reset has been delayed, so that shouldn't be an issue for another hour.
12:48 [DM Boo] DM Boo: I just wanted to give some background on why we do requests to the DM's like we do now. It used to be very different.
[12:51] SERVER: [DM] THE SERVER HAS BEEN UP 6 HOUR(S)
12:51 [DM Boo] DM Boo: While we've always allowed people to send in requests, we weren't focused on them as our major way of communicating. DM's would pick up plots from the forums, or lurk around and start DM plots off players IG RP. The reason that fell down was because -
12:52 [DM Boo] DM Boo: it was left up to individual DM's to trawl the forums, scout for RP, ect, and for a very long time very few DM's actually did that, prefering to focus on their own plots -
12:53 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Which is why we decided to move to the "apply for DM attention and you will (hopefully) recieve template we have now. It was because we had a lot of people who's RP was simply being missed.
12:54 [DM Boo] DM Boo: That said, DM's can take it upon themselves to read forums or scout for RP if they want to, but don't expect that they necessarily do all of the time.
12:55 [DM Boo] DM Boo: I wish there was enough coverage within the DM team to make sure that no RP went unrewarded, but alas that simply isn't the reality of it.
12:55 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Done. hands stick to Gwyneth
12:55 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: nods to Boo thanking him
12:56 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: thanks :) now i got few points but they all relate to each other so, if you all please wait with raising hands until i am done, they also brush on subject allready raised and talk about
12:58 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: well first, the auto rp xp is good and all, but i honestly miss the one in a rare occasion you suddently get let few hundred xp from a dm that been lucking and love the rp... its not so much about the reward its about you then know someone watch your rp
12:58 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: and liked it enought to stick around and watch it...its gives you as a player something
13:00 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: second i would like some more small plots/events, a few hours here. there, spontanious... maybe some that happens becuase a lurking dm did see some rp and liked it and made a plot out of what happened... i find that those two things are what often what i
13:01 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: exsperience over the last 17 years playing nwn 1-2 as a player and dm on varuoys servers. is what created the most rp among the players
13:01 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: both in factions and cross factions,. it gives the players something to rp about
13:02 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: its something i find lacking alot on the server, things that happens then players can rp about
13:02 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: be it a random infistation of badgers in the servers to what ever
13:03 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: and i think the main problem why those two things do not happen, is the way things are setup now for the dm's
13:03 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: they so busy
13:03 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: i think the story teller idear is good maybe make it as a decicated dm that only here to lurk and watch rp and make small plots/events
13:04 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: i think if you open up dm spots for that alone, you get several people interested
13:04 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: DONE
13:04 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand
13:04 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands stick to nathan
13:04 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: You are right in that there's not as much of a focus on smaller, one shot style events
13:05 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand
13:05 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: But in defense of the DM team there have been a couple DM's doing a fair bit of those latelyl
13:05 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Though possibly not when you have been around
13:05 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Hands stick back to gwyn!
13:05 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: its not ment as a complaint to the dm or about the dms
13:06 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: more my experience from playing nwn for many years and what i see is lacking
13:06 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands the stick to isabella
13:06 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Correct me if I am wrong but the intention for storytelling position is not 'DM focused on story telling' but it is instead PCs assisting DMs while RPing temporary 'minor' characters in a plot.
13:06 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: It all comes down to lack of DM hours, that's it, After the servers splits done and life starts to go back to some form of normal more will be available.
13:07 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Passes it back
13:07 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
13:07 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: why i am hinting maybe they should make it more dm post focus on lucking and small events/plots
13:07 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands it to boo
13:08 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: raises hand
13:09 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Definitely a fair thing to notice. We can ask DM's to focus a bit more on spontaneous stuff. As Isabella said too, the Storyteller position should be able to spice things up in more quiet times as well.
13:09 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes stick back
13:10 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands the stick to Ceirinorh
13:10 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: It sounds like there's a tradeoff here. There's a workstream from the "DM Application" form, and there's a workstream from lurking IG. Sounds like a nightmare to balance.
13:11 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: If they spend their time lurking IG, there's an apperance of unfairness in that submitted requests aren't given as much attention. But if all the attention is on form submissions, DMs can't spend their time spontaneously IG.
13:11 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Raises hand too
13:12 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: Seems like we're asking a lot of the DMs. And expecting a lot. I don't have an answer, but I wanted to point out that's the "problem" we're talking about it, as I see it?
13:12 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: passes stick back to Gwneth
13:13 [DM Boo] DM Boo: nods
13:13 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: yes, they to busy, why i think if there was some dm position only for lurking and mini plots/events, it will solve alot of the things brought up today, and the other dm focus on all the other stuff
13:13 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: +
13:13 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands stick to Azariah
13:15 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: <i>My precious.</i> It doesn't even have to be a mini plot or larger plot either, even a plot at all. Some of the best times with a DM (for me at least) is slice of lift stuff where they'd just pop in like any other RPer. I remember Anansi coming in and-
13:15 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: taking over Gloura, or Dragonclaw (or Unicorn, I forgot which tbh) coming in and just interacting
13:16 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: No purpose or end goal or plot other than the interaction itself
[/color]13:16 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: hear hear
13:16 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: stabs netanya
13:16 [bharring] Ceirinohr Lastson: +
13:17 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: I Agree...i can say if i was a dm here that is what i would be doing, but i never apply since all the other stuff they have to do, i am not interested in, but as a dm i love watching players rp, get idears from their rp, maybe make small plots out of it
13:18 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: i assume your done Azariah else i am sorry to interrupt
13:18 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Oh yeah, gives the stick back
13:18 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand!
13:18 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands the stick to Nathan
13:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I have DMed for many years, and I love doing it for the sake of creating RP, but over the years I have never had interest in DMing here because of the logistics/tech support/discipline stuff that they also do.
13:19 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: totally.
13:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: If there was a "DM that only does story stuff" I'd sign up in a heartbeat.
13:19 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises a hand
13:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Gives back to Gwyn
13:19 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: +
13:20 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: Hands the stick to Isabella
13:20 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I am in the same boat. DMs on this server are both: Story tellers.... and an anonymous police force.
13:20 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: And the combination kills any desire I have to join that side of things. The rift between staff and players as.... almost two tribes is growing and I think it's just getting worse.
13:20 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: +1
13:20 [Wade228] Jalib: +
13:21 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: +2
[/color]13:21 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Passes stick back
13:21 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: you forgot problem solvers with various things, reading forum post, keep tabs on forum and many other things, i do not mind helping with various problems, but the forum part is such a huge things and time needed i find
13:22 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: anyone else on this?? else i finish of with the last part i have
13:24 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: i think they new chest loot system you manage to balance it well what i seen the last few day's, well done
13:24 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: and Mimic should drop loot, they hard enough often harden then the boss for a area and they drop nothing
13:24 [Louvaine] Avro: +1
13:25 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: +2
13:25 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I am jinxing myself here but I have not yet run into a mimic
13:25 [Oarthias] Vanira: +3
13:25 [Styxster] Eva Crow: +10
13:25 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: +4
13:25 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: +5
13:25 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: I run into soooooo many mimics, it's dub.
13:25 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: dumb
13:26 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: go goblins and you atleast run in to 3to 5 of them
13:26 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Every third chest, at least.
13:26 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: . . . maybe they dont drop stuff because I'm a mimic
13:26 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: panic
13:26 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: I can not stress this enugh, we have a mimic infestation people.
13:27 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: They should be loot pinata's since they are always eatnig people.
13:27 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: lastly wanted to say i think the dm does a good job with everything they got on their plate, but i think they overworked and its seen on the server and on the playerbase, But keep up the good work
13:27 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands the stick to Isabella
13:28 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Takes thhe stick!
13:29 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I think 'overworked' and 'trying to do to much' are two side of the same coin. I really like the initative of more ways for people to contribute to the server but have this concern that as times goes on either I am merely noticing....
13:30 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Or it is the case that I feel like I am playing a game that only very very rarely brushes up against the game DMs or staff are playing. And when the two meet....
13:30 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: There is mostly just confusion and furstration from both sides.
13:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I think the solutions to this are either more overlay in what PCs and DMs can do or more communication. Either from PCs to DMs or visa versa. I was thinking earlier....
13:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: That I had this sense that if I knew someone on staff I would know such things as: That there are reputations for PCs with NPCs, that the Guild tokens were in, even strange small things
13:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: like what you can do with a guild hall. The first time I noticed someone bypass a Teleport ward with a token I was amazed.
13:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I was then informed it existed for a long time.
13:32 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I do not see this as a problem of staff being favoritist. But of information jsut not being exchanged between two.... more and more seeperate groups.
13:32 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: So! In short.... As PCs I think we need to find a way to organize to keep staff informed in what we are doing without feeling like we are inviting a cop to Monopoly.
13:33 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: For the DM side of stuff, loosening a bit of the death grip on certain aspects of the server due to past trauma or drama might help as well.
13:33 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: .... Thank you for comming to my TED talk.
13:33 [Heretic] Netanya: +10
13:33 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: +1 (plus <3)
13:33 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : claps +10
13:33 [Wade228] Jalib: +
13:34 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: +
13:35 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Looks to Dharasha and holds out stick.
13:35 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: takes it, eats it and runs off!
13:35 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: I only have two questions.
13:35 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //lol
13:36 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: One; is "Dimensional Getaway" a feat here, and if so, what are it's requirements?
13:36 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Raises hand too
13:36 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: And second; my friends wanted to ask...
13:36 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine:
13:36 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: raises hand
13:37 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: If the Gm/Devs were receiving enough money to keep the bills paid, etc." -end quote.
13:37 [DM Boo] DM Boo: raises hand
13:38 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Azariah?
13:39 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Oh I'll let Boo go first! Tosses Boo the stick after magicking it from Dharasha's gut Then I'll go
13:39 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Cool.
13:40 [DM Boo] DM Boo: catches the stick No on Dimensional Getaway, to my knowledge. You could ask the Devs whether they are planning on implementing it. And yes, the server currently has no financial issues.
13:40 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes stick back
13:41 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Cool, Gwyn?
13:41 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Rq, passed it back to me or Dharasha?
13:41 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: Azariah is before me
13:42 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Oh right, go ahead Aza.
13:42 [DM Boo] DM Boo: D'harash, but he can pick.
13:42 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Ah okay okay
13:44 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: related to teleportation, forgot to ask, does Word of Recall come back for cleric's? else need to deleted from the wiki
13:45 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: be deleted
13:45 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: I'll check and get back to you on that.
13:46 [DM Boo] DM Boo: (Likely not)
13:46 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands the stick back
13:46 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Umm, alright, anything else Aza?
13:46 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Oh yeah well basically, I'm adding an addendum to what Bella said TPs the stick over
13:46 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: no, my stick
13:47 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Screeches What I've seen remarked is that on top of maintaining goalposts for rules, they're pulled back as well, punishing people who don't really break the rules in the first place. It's understandable in a lot of cases, like things I've heard about-
13:47 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: when preggo RP was permitted here, slavery RP rules I can get behind
13:48 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: True, untrue, it's what I've seen said. It's affected the UD as well
13:50 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Mostly with drow coming up, raids. Also, to clarify, I'm not saying to bring preggo RP back. Using it as an example of bringing back the goalposts being a good thing. XD
13:50 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: raises hand
13:50 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Gives back to Drarasha to offer to another
13:51 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Go for it Nigel, what'cha got?
[13:51] SERVER: [DM] THE SERVER HAS BEEN UP 7 HOUR(S)
13:51 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: preggo/slave Rp leads to shyte show ville
13:51 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: +1
13:52 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: aside from the cringe ... aspect of it
13:52 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: As someone who plays a slave, I agree.
13:52 Tymra: Does my alignment get changed to evil when I eventually fireball a preggo?
13:52 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: hands Drak a fake stick and yeets!
13:52 [yingyangjoy] Mana: Please
13:53 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: that is all those are RP slipery slopes and it goes from fun escape to weirdos living up strange fantasies
13:53 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Raises hand to reclaim stick
13:53 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: tosses the stick back
13:53 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: OKAY SO! Time to clarify myself. XD
[/color]13:54 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Someone breaks a rule, rule is maintained, potentially the rule is made stricter on top of it. It's good in a lot of cases, like the slippery slope situations that Nigel and I agree on being potentially an absolute well. Shyte show
13:56 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: In the case of the UD, several UD players mentioned basically being strangled by some rules that (I believe) were brought around by raiders. Going up to PvP-mong is basically already illegal. Can't loot surface-side. IC laws exist
13:57 [Wade228] Jalib: +++
13:57 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: It's a super important thing to just keep slippery slopes like that out. There's also a bit of caution to be said about it becoming a "this is why we can't have nice things" situation
13:59 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Offers stick back
13:59 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : takes the stick Okay. I will adress the changes to East Farms, specifically the "tax tower controversy"...as I am the one who built it and can answer any questions to it's origin and known purpose.
13:59 [dae-glyth] Glyth: raises hand
13:59 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: It's always been there! Jedi mind trick
13:59 [Heretic] Netanya: (she's talking
14:01 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : The intention was to replace the upscaled and very old tower prop with one of the beautiful new buildings that the media team imported. I was then directed to make it a "tax tower" basically like an import station along the road I guess? It exists purely-
14:02 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : to spruce up the area. The shrub in the road is probably an artifatc left over between revisions as there was some version issues with the updating, blah blah, inside baseball stuff...there are no plans to charge players taxes in any way, shape, or form.
14:02 [Styxster] Eva Crow: So.....I don't owe back taxes?
14:03 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : Read my lips...NO NEW TAXES americans will get that old joke probably
14:03 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: nods
14:03 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: Taxation is Theft
14:03 [SinIncarnate] D'harasha Glaeth: Good, I'd never pay them anyways.
14:03 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: No taxation without representation
14:03 [Heretic] Netanya: thumbs up
14:03 [DM Boo] DM Boo: ///Next time I am going to set up a portal to/from here
14:03 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : That's it...it's for area aesthetics and to use some of the new content media team has worked hard to provide us.
14:03 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Whelp sounds like revolution time
14:04 [dae-glyth] Glyth: raises hand
14:04 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : passes to Glyth go for it
14:04 [dae-glyth] Glyth: From what I gathered from staff:

a. The tax building was always there, in the background, but it is now in the foreground and is meant only as aesthetics.a. The tax building was always there, in the background, but it is now in the foreground and is meant only as aesthetics.color=#FF00FF]a. The tax building was always there, in the background, but it is now in the foreground and is meant only as aesthetics.a. The tax building was always there, in the background, but it is now in the foreground and is meant only as aesthetics.

b. People always paid taxes, but previously it was handwaved. Much like how people have to use the restroom, but generally is not RP'd in detail.b. People always paid taxes, but previously it was handwaved. Much like how people have to use the restroom, but generally is not RP'd in detail.color=#FF00FF]b. People always paid taxes, but previously it was handwaved. Much like how people have to use the restroom, but generally is not RP'd in detail.b. People always paid taxes, but previously it was handwaved. Much like how people have to use the restroom, but generally is not RP'd in detail.
14:04 [dae-glyth] Glyth: This is great, but it is not what has been actually happening in game:

1. People are RP'ing that the building "sprung up out of nowhere." That there's "some kind of conspiracy going on."1. People are RP'ing that the building "sprung up out of nowhere." That there's "some kind of conspiracy going on."color=#FF00FF]1. People are RP'ing that the building "sprung up out of nowhere." That there's "some kind of conspiracy going on."1. People are RP'ing that the building "sprung up out of nowhere." That there's "some kind of conspiracy going on."

2. People are unaware of any "hand-waved" taxes that they have always paid, claiming they never paid taxes, that new taxes are coming, that revolt might happen, so on.2. People are unaware of any "hand-waved" taxes that they have always paid, claiming they never paid taxes, that new taxes are coming, that revolt might happen, so on.color=#FF00FF]2. People are unaware of any "hand-waved" taxes that they have always paid, claiming they never paid taxes, that new taxes are coming, that revolt might happen, so on.2. People are unaware of any "hand-waved" taxes that they have always paid, claiming they never paid taxes, that new taxes are coming, that revolt might happen, so on.
14:04 [dae-glyth] Glyth: 3. There is now a ducal tax officer within earshot of one of the most popular campfire RP sites in the entire game. This feels more than aesthetics. It changes how you RP when you now have an official standing around where you normally chat.
14:05 [dae-glyth] Glyth: 4. There is currently no information from the DM's, or the "lore team", on how taxes work on our server setting or how we are adapting the text from murder in bg to the video game. Further, taxing didn't seem to previously come up in server lore even with well established commerce guilds like the SCCE.
14:05 [dae-glyth] Glyth: hands stick back to Drakosa
14:06 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises a hand
14:06 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : Yeah...the "building going up" is people's choice to RP selectively because they don't RP building going up overnight in any other case...because we don't have building under construction updates for nearly every other building.
14:07 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : So people are free to RP the OOC limitations and limited time of builders and content creators if they want?
14:07 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : gives stick to Isabella
14:07 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Tax RP.... is a thing. I know for example how much tax the RWs pay came up and got hammered out in some plot. It's just not.... common RP. I don't have ny idea if it ever will be or whatever! But wanted to mention that it has come up before in limited...
14:07 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: manner!
14:08 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Passes the stick back.
14:09 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: raise hand
14:09 [Wade228] Jalib: raises a hand too
14:09 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : Any more questions?
14:09 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : passes to Jalib
14:10 [Wade228] Jalib: About the tax building, I wanted to mention that all the controversy comes from the tax collector npc and the sign, while you say, Rad, that the purpose was purely aesthetic
14:10 [Wade228] Jalib: It means that removing the NPC and the sign, and thus leaving the purpose of the building unspecified, could be a great comrpromise, like the aesthetics won't lose anything (even gain), while it would eliminate the controversy
14:11 [yingyangjoy] Mana: <i>Raises hand.
14:11 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: raises hand
14:11 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Raises hand
14:11 [Wade228] Jalib: Like nobody was wondering what's the purpose of the old watchtower, so it would be treated as the update of this tower and players could make up for themselves the purpose of the building
14:11 [Wade228] Jalib: hands the stick back
[color=#FF00FF]14:12
[Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : I can ask the person that directed me to turn the tower into a tax office to remove the tax guy and sign. I actually didn't want to make it a tax station to begin with.
14:13 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand
14:13 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : So...anyway...no taxes for players, if anything it's supposed to be a station for imports along a trade road...passes to Isabella
14:13 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Mana first I think!
14:14 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: (your skipping people
[color=#FF00FF]14:14
[AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I did the same thing xD
14:14 [yingyangjoy] Mana: Sorry I just wanted to say that I don't think the tax tower is controversial at all
14:14 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : Everyone just started talking out of order, so I missed a lot
14:14 [Wade228] Jalib: (the speaker can decide who to hand the stick to and in what order, they're free to skip people! sorry for intervening
[color=#FF00FF]14:15
[Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : I want to hand the stick to people in order of hand raising, I missed some because people started posting out of order. My apologies.
14:15 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: ( mana done?)
14:15 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : I pass thee stick back to DM Boo to pass to others
14:15 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Prettysure I'm up.
14:15 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Err
14:16 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : Yes you are...Eisenhorn, unless i missed anyone wanting to add anything about taxes lol
14:16 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: looks around
14:16 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Just something brief!
14:16 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: ( i had something to add )
14:16 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Hand
14:16 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: hand
14:16 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: raise hand
14:17 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Still covering the previous topic?
14:17 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Nigel, Nathan, Isabella are next, I think
14:17 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Yrah
14:17 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Then Gwyn
14:18 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: Since everyone is all riled up on the tax issue .. DM should have random encounters with Tax Officals who trigger like random encounters and they appraise your gear and wealth and tax you on it
14:18 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes the stick to Nigel?
14:18 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : could put that in the troll claws?
14:18 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Did we just argue our ways into being taxed?
14:18 [masterjaba] Nigel Blaquehawke: passes stick
14:19 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes it to Nathan
14:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: I suppose I just don't -understand- the supposed controversy here. It makes perfect sense to me that with a new wagon stop right there (few months?), run by a trade company importing goods, there'd be a tax and tariff office right there by it.
14:19 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Like the fact this is even an issue to people astounds me.
14:19 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: +1
14:21 [WinterborneTE] Nathan Goldenmane: Gives it to whoever is next!
14:21 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I think I understand the controversy? Minor changes in map are treated as more important/impactful than days or months or RP on a topic. The Tax official can and will be an NPC that might respond to PCs being around. If PCs pay taxes is now being talked
14:21 [DM Boo] DM Boo: gives it to isabella
14:21 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: about. It feel a bit offhand from staff side maybe, but it feels massively impactful to at least a few players. I am not direclty in the players who feels massively impacted.
14:22 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : Again: There is literally no official talk of PCs being taxed. Literally none, any rumors are from players makin' stuff up for IC or OOC reasons.
14:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: But it does make clear to me that such changes are directed and feedback is... difficult to manage. I for example at this moment do not know if The Bridge of BG Gate is taxed. People will ask.
14:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: And have.
14:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: And I have no responce as a PC
14:22 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Raises hand
14:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: To the question even as it is directly now in the dialogue.
14:23 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Wiats a bit.... gives ti to Glyth?
14:23 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: ([color=#0080FF]pouts
14:23 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Give it to me when you are done, Isa. I'll hand it to the next person
14:23 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Gives it to Boo!
14:23 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : raises hand
14:23 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Who is Gwyn, then Glyth
14:23 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: lol
14:23 [DM Boo] DM Boo: passes it to Gwyn
14:25 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: well i think the pc forget that its normal in medival and in fantasy setting and in FR many kingdoms you pay tax for using roads or enter a city and so, we just do no see it but should be in our mind as players same there i alot more npc in say BG but we
14:25 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: i never would've guessed lol
14:25 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: do not see them but should rp they are there
14:26 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: and i think reason ic and maybe occ make up things about the new building is there is lack of things to rp about that happens in the daily life for them to rp about
14:26 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: hands the stick to boo
14:26 [DM Boo] DM Boo: hands it to Glyth
14:27 [dae-glyth] Glyth: The issue is as an LG person who is a BG citizen who has always paid their taxes in the background, to then have all kinds of people who are also BG citizens RP'ing differently, like that taxes don't exist or that the building is a conspiracy, or even peeing on the building... I have no clue what the server lore is about taxes and which palyer is rp'ing "correctly" which makes zero sense for a BG citizen who has "always done this" and it's "common sense." There's no established lore about taxes to have a common player narrative about the building.
14:27 [dae-glyth] Glyth: It's just complete chaos.
14:28 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: raise hand
14:28 [dae-glyth] Glyth: hands stick back to speaker, I think Drakosa?
14:28 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : It doesn't matter...we don't need to agonize over the implications of a background civic function. No one is stressing over what flour mill the new fields that were added to Wyrms' Crossing will use...right?
14:28 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //was me, Drak and then Gwyn again
14:29 [Heretic] Netanya: raises hand
14:30 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //Netanya can be our last interjection on this.
14:30 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : After a while no one will care. I will ask to get rid of the tax guy and make is weigh station so people will stop finding reasons to attack a building based on their real world political leanings too I suspect.
14:31 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: Well you're a dang saint, thats all I have to say. Lol. Thanks for these, wish I could have been free earlier
14:31 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: No let this remain a trap.
14:32 [Styxster] Eva Crow: (Only way out is to win the end-of-meeting deathmatch)

14:33 [Heretic] Netanya: (who has the talking stick?
14:34 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : Sorry
14:34 [DM Boo] DM Boo: lol... gives the stick to Gwyn again
14:34 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: tax paying is a normal daily thing all around FR, do not need lore for that, you pay tax when you travel around, its a normal thing, same is coins, difrent kingdoms coins can have diffrent value, a gold coin from one place not as valuable another place,
14:35 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Also thanks for putting up the portal, Grinning Death!
[14:35] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] *Thumbs up*
14:35 [dae-glyth] Glyth: raises hand
14:35 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: coin exchange is a normal things especially for adventures, we do not rp it, but its there same is taxes, is daily life thing, i think there is being nitpicking about the wrong things here, its would be to much effort to implement for something that got
14:35 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: little rp gain so we assume its there as rp'ers
14:35 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: done
14:35 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Sorry Glyth, Netanta is our last commenter on taxes
14:36 [dae-glyth] Glyth: Okay but, that coin exchange isn't correct.
14:36 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Alright, you can go after Netanya but please be brief
14:37 [DM Boo] DM Boo: hands it to Glyth
14:38 [dae-glyth] Glyth: In a treasure trove of the Forgotten Realms you could find Sembian florins, grouts from Silverymoon and nobs minted in Zhentil Keep. This gives the game more flavour and reality.

However, the handbook suggets keeping the values equivalent to each other as most players will have trouble just learning the different names each nation calls their coins. There's no established lore that bgtscc has custom house rules for different exchange rates of coinage requiring a money changer tax.
14:39 [dae-glyth] Glyth: hands stick back
14:39 [DM Boo] DM Boo: lets out a sigh of relief and hands the stick back to Eisenhorn
14:40 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Oi there fellow dungeoncrawlers.
14:40 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: I think the majority of came because of our love of 3.5 dungeons and dragons and stayed for the world that's been given to us.
14:41 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: I joined in 2011 left and came back 9 years later. Glad this world is what it is. Thanks boo and team.
14:42 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: That's it.
14:42 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: passes to Jalib
14:42 [Tharnok] Gwyneth'tia Starshine: +1
14:42 [Heretic] Netanya: thumbs up
14:43 [Wade228] Jalib: Well! I'm kinda sleepy at this point but I'll try to not forget anything I wanted to say, there's probably gonna be a lot so sorry people ahead of me :D
14:44 [Wade228] Jalib: Firstly, I probably said it when the first server meeting was hosted, but that's a gunfire, Boo, this idea is a blast and that's incredible such things started, I just want this become the server tradition, meetings like this
14:44 [Wade228] Jalib: Even like once per 3 months it's amazing
14:45 [Wade228] Jalib: I'd also say that currently things are going much better than they used to in october-november when the server barely had any online and the people that were around felt to be on edge
14:46 [Wade228] Jalib: And I don't think it just changed for better naturally, it was a work, a lot of brainstorming, communication and trying something, like you know what I talk about, the efforts that were put behind it
[14:47] SERVER: [DM] THE SERVER HAS BEEN UP 8 HOUR(S)
14:47 [Wade228] Jalib: Some things DM team tried were successful, some weren't, but don't let initiatives that didn't go well discourage you, just continue trying!
14:47 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: (the server is groaning
14:47 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Sees the server being up for 12 hours
[14:47] [Peridan Night] [DM] Grinning Death: [Talk] She cannae take much more Cap'n!
14:48 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: ((she's made it back to the old limit, she can last longer!
14:48 [DM Boo] DM Boo: just quick... appreciate everyone's patience!
14:48 [Wade228] Jalib: I feel kinda bad that I stopped taking part in the server activity in december and I'm probably at guilt some initiatives went on hold, now I'm also busy wth a cool RL project, but later about that
14:50 [Wade228] Jalib: So one of the topics I wanted to bring up is the recent DM inactivity, but this was already discussed and I suggested what to do about it, it's not like really a massive problem, just a temporal inconvenivence
14:50 [Wade228] Jalib: Overall, I'll continue on what Isabella mentioned about separating the storytellers from the server police
14:51 [Wade228] Jalib: Two roles mixing together is a big problem. I think some DMs should be focused only on solving player disputes, enforcing the rules etc while others on stoyretelling, I know implementing it = getting out of comfort zone, but you could at least try it and
14:51 [Wade228] Jalib: see if it changes something for the better (totally would)
14:52 [Wade228] Jalib: As Isabella said, it's like a cop walks in to play monopoly with you, people would be more comfortable in the events with DMs who aren't also law enforcers
14:53 [Wade228] Jalib: I know the law-enforcing part of the DM team would be an ungrateful job, just like moderators, but this separation seems to be an important thing, and bye Netanya!
14:55 [Wade228] Jalib: Another thing small thing I wanted to mention here is giving the players overall more autonomy over the world, especially to the guilds like the zhentarim and CK
14:55 [Wade228] Jalib: As I mentioned many times, it's better let the Candlekeepers change their laws to something you disapprove and then possess Ulraunt to have him yell at them and revoke the laws rather than not let Candlekeeprs do any changes at all
14:56 [Wade228] Jalib: I mean, it's not Candlekeep issue only, I just use their particular situation as an example
14:56 [Wade228] Jalib: Generally about the server plots, what I also mentioned many times is that for me the best campaign I've ever seen was 2019 summer Winding Water campaign
14:57 [Rad-Icarus] Drakosa N'drax : +1 on giving factions autonomy
14:57 [Wade228] Jalib: The outstanding things from there that we could use in the following plots are: 1) spontaneous, unscheduled and totally random events that can happen anytime 2) improvisation, reacting to random player initiatives in real time 3) events going on at the >>
14:57 [Wade228] Jalib: publically accessible maps rather than DM areas
14:59 [Wade228] Jalib: And also, of course, the evil should be someting monstrous like devils, undead, constructs, elementals and so on, I say it because an anti-zhentarim campaign doesn't work as the main server plot, but as a side plot sure
14:59 [Wade228] Jalib: Then, moving on from here, I guess Shadowspinner would say more about it, but the Underdark issue
15:01 [Wade228] Jalib: The Underdark population has always been unstable, like it was going from activity to complete dead silence month to month, but now it's become even worse with probably the most of our UD'ers moving to TDD
15:01 [DM Boo] DM Boo: And as far as campaigns go, I'm sure everyone wants the Amn plot every year. Or 2019 plot, where that DM was massively available. We don't have the resources for it.
15:02 [Wade228] Jalib: The main issues about the local Underdark I see are 1) heavy realm segregation, such anti-loot scripts, savage KoS rules, OOC barriers against drow setting foots on the surface etc 2) Complete lack of UD DM activity
15:03 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: raieses hand
15:03 [Wade228] Jalib: We're one server, after all, we should strive for more UD - surface interractions rather than segregating the realms more
15:03 [Louvaine] Avro: +1 Jalib
15:03 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Oh I like coming back to this, +1
15:04 [Wade228] Jalib: So there's many small things that can be done to help it, for instance:
15:04 [Wade228] Jalib: Expanding the neutral zone (Uppderdark) to the Surface north, areas such as Soubar, High Moor, Forest of Wyrms, Northern Tradeway and so on
15:04 [Wade228] Jalib: It means UD'ers would be able to loot there too and won't be subjects for KoS
15:04 Tymra: ((The doom chicken wanted to partake in the meeting))
15:05 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: Raises hand
15:05 [Wade228] Jalib: The most common question that's asked about it is "What are RP reasons for drow to loot there?". My answer is: the same reasons why surfacers descend under Durlag's, into a dark and deep territory, can't drow be adventurers too?
15:06 [Wade228] Jalib: Additionally, I suggest deleting "There should be a roleplay reason to travel to the other side" from the rules, with the anti-loot scripts this ruling seems to be obsolette
15:06 [Wade228] Jalib: Lastly, deleting KoS completely or rewriting it into "agressor-determined out", it's a huge and controversial topic and would raise a lot of hands, it's better discuss it on the forums
15:07 [Wade228] Jalib: Hands the stick to Eisnhorn
15:08 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Umm, so does anyone here remembers what it was like when the UD was free for all up here?
15:08 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Raises hand for stick
15:09 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Meh, drow up top, not good.
15:09 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: passes stick to Azariah
[color=#FF00FF]15:10
[Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Amos rose his hand too, mind if he gets it first? Then I'll say my piece, since I did play someone who was part of a raiding group around 2-3 years ago
15:10 [Wade228] Jalib: +
15:11 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: Sure.
15:12 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: I think they were indicating you would then have the stick Amos. looking to Amos
15:12 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: On the top of Surface and underdark. I play on both sides and for strickly RP reason. A bunch of us are working towards free trade, regardless of race or even if your monsterous.
15:15 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: Soubar sure is lawless. Though it is home to Monsterous race etc who would IC be way worse then drow being out in the open... I am talking about the Mindflayers etc. I agree with Jalib that eventually the North should be open to the UDer's but have Rp >
15:16 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: behind it to why they won't be killed on sight etc. I personal will keep pushing this ingame.
15:16 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: Hands the stick back to Eisenhorn
15:16 [Louvaine] Avro: +1
15:16 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Grabby hands
15:16 [Wade228] Jalib: to Azariah!
15:17 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Yee, gimme approximately 2 seconds to figure out exactly what I'm saying before my fingers move faster than my brain again. Danke
15:18 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Imo, the separation isn't needed--the separation rule at least--with how things are implemented now. Raiding's illegal and considered PvP-griefing, even though I have seen at least one beautiful example of raiders that were extremely courteous OOC. UDers-
15:19 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: can't loot, can't grind for XP beyond RP XP. I'm pretty sure they can't do several other things. There's nothing to do BUT RP
15:20 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: raises hand
15:20 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: The raiding group Aunrae was part of, at least, if you were a surfacer and didn't wanna PvP us? Tension, then you can pass by. No PvP. There were alliances in the works, some of which fell apart. There were DM events where PCs weren't-
15:20 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: caught in the middle of the raid
15:21 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: There are beautiful examples. There are also extremely poor examples of raiders, who come up to basically gank others and lowbies
15:21 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Which, imo, falls under PvP griefing.
15:22 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand
15:22 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: which is happening right now with that UD player puting epic traps in a CR 8 grinding area
15:22 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Finally! For those who argue against it, going topside to PvP/raid is already NOT considered a RP reason to be topside
15:22 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Gives back
15:22 [Wade228] Jalib: Alright, let's do last 2 responses about this topic, but very concisely
15:23 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Now for stick redistribution and the debate. XD
15:23 [Wade228] Jalib: Because it's kinda taking too long and all this Hands the stick to Jackard
[color=#FF00FF]15:23
[BDobolina] Jackard Marks: Yeah, first a point of clarification as I was late arriving and havent attended in the past - are we expected to voice opposition if we have any, is silence considered agreement?
15:24 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: I feel like we've had these discussions a lot, and while I disagree with much of what Jablib has said about solutions to perceived issues, I don't want to drag this out forever either and think its important everyone has their chance totalk
15:25 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: So I will just say that, as Azariah has said, I too have experienced good and bad raids.
15:26 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: And was behind the RP that led to tolerance is treason, and back then it was a good time and collaboration between UD and Surface worked.
15:26 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: But the bad overshadows the good, quite a bit, and I think for this to work it would need to be very controlled and involved oversight by DMs.
15:26 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: And rare.
15:26 [DM Boo] DM Boo: You can say whatever you wish. Silence does not mean consent.
15:27 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: Drow on the surface as a regular occurrence would be a detriment to the setting, IMO, while drow as an occasional big bad boogeyman is a great piece of a story.
15:27 [DM Boo] DM Boo: It's good for people who are reading this after to get both sides of the story.
15:28 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Caus with most of these issues, if not all, there's definitely "another side"
15:28 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: +1. Please make my drow prove herself at least once.
15:28 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: As a former DM I saw some of the best RP down in the UD and I would never knock you folks as players at all. I respect you. I just disagree. Thats all! Thanks!
15:29 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: hands stick back(
15:29 [Wade228] Jalib: Hands it over to Isabella!
15:29 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I can OOCly say as a guild that Candlekeep would like to have more UD related RP but currently the sense I have at least (Which may be wrong) Is basically a 'hard no' stop from the DMs for anything but Antagonistic RP. And if there is to be any change...
15:29 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: it -feels- like that change will have to be DM driven. As I have RPed with Beholders in Candlekeep more than Grey Orcs. It makes it all feel like I am a pawn on a board as opposed to a player and I just avoid it all.
15:30 [Louvaine] Avro: raises hand
15:30 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: If this is wrong. Fixing it may be a good step to fixing it elsewhere, as there is no OOC drama around CK and the Underdark that I know of
15:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I am not advocating open the flood gates. But I don't feel any wiggle room. At all.
15:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: And I am wondering if htat is intended or not. From teh DM side.
15:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: That's all.
15:31 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Passes stick back
15:32 [Wade228] Jalib: Alright, thanks for the inputs! As I mentioned, only 2 more responses, sorry Avro. I would like to expand on what Isabella said before I forget
15:33 [Wade228] Jalib: Me and Boo discussed it some time ago (last year), I was mentioning that there's indeed a heavy OOC gatekeeping of tolerance is treason meta, it feels like everyone forgot where its roots come from, that it was a player initiative, and the DM team acts as
15:34 [Wade228] Jalib: if it's taken from the lore books, me and Jackard's players sometimes randomly clash heads about it, but I sure mean no offense to him and his RP, I only address the current server situation
15:35 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: I dont think we've ever discussed it IC as that character was circa 2008-2010 but as players yes, and I've missed the gatekeeping, unless requiring RP for change is gatekeeping.
15:35 [Wade228] Jalib: That's the problem, your RP doesn't matter if ther'es OOC brakes in place that stop and overwrite your RP, but anyway, I'm sidetracking
15:36 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: ^
15:36 [Wade228] Jalib: What I wanted to say is, as ISabella mentioned, beholders and liches are way more welcome at CK than drow and orcs just because drow and orcs are played by humans
15:36 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: +1
15:36 [DM Boo] DM Boo: .... bit of both
15:36 [Wade228] Jalib: But if you look at it from a storytelling perspective, that doesn't make a lot of sense
15:36 [Leramak] Amos Thistle: +1
15:36 [Wade228] Jalib: There's indeed a negative bias, and I of course would like to see less of it
15:37 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Aims to snatch the stick for a quick comment
15:37 [Wade228] Jalib: I'd address another common fear, that being drow pvp-mongers from the past
15:37 [Wade228] Jalib: This is... hte past, the culture is different, the server is different, we don't need to ruin our current fun because of some bad apples from 10 years ago or smth, even if PvP mongering will become an issue again, it can be solved on a case-to-case basis
15:38 [Wade228] Jalib: I can't see mass pvp-roflstomping becoming a thing these days, with the current community and the server culture
15:38 [Wade228] Jalib: So... at least we can give it a try, it's never too late to fix it back
15:38 [Wade228] Jalib: One last stick to Azariah, then moving on to the next topic
15:40 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: As a super quick note, as a drow player, I do NOT want the ride to be quick and easy. My drow may dream of getting a singular day walking around Nashkel or Beregost or even Baldur's Gate, but I sure want to work for it. Drow want to trade there? Work for-
15:40 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: it. Build a reputation. Transcend prior reputation.
15:40 [DM Boo] DM Boo: To be fair, you can do that already.
15:40 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Removing stonewalls =/= making it easy
15:40 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises a hand
15:41 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: I've been told getting some base tolerance anywhere beyond Soubar is impossible, though that's something I'd actually like to discuss the why of after a talk on the voice chat, where someone mentioned he likes knowing the why of things
15:42 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: But! Gives back stick
15:42 [Wade228] Jalib: Sorry Isabella! Moving on to the next stuff
15:42 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Nod
15:42 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Nope, it's possible
15:43 [Wade228] Jalib: So a question for the DMs currently here, Grinning Death, Boo, and All-father
15:43 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: We've had a number of "monster" races allowed into the city previously. Takes pleny of work however.
15:43 Tymra: Raises Paw
15:44 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: <i>Give me the work.
15:44 [Wade228] Jalib: DM bridge at the BG discord used to be a great place and you could use it to improve the communication with the community, it were good times when public dev feed and dm bridge, what do you think about bringing it back, or, if you dislike this idea, what
15:44 [Wade228] Jalib: were the issues related to it?
15:44 [Wade228] Jalib: Hands the stick to Tymra
15:44 [DM Boo] DM Boo: It's not about giving you the work, it's about doing the work yourself. Although letting the DM's know your plans is a good place to start.
15:45 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand
15:45 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Points to Boo And understanding that not all plans work out the way you want. That said. . the staff keeps a fair record of such things, so we can try to balance out wins/losses
15:45 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: ^^^^^^
15:46 Tymra: So, it does take some work but it is possible. I helped smuggle a drow into the Gate. He spent a long while in the gate and even went on adventures all the time, built up friendships and etc. I helped keep him hidden from people and it was a great little
15:46 Tymra: RP arc for both our characters
15:46 [BDobolina] Jackard Marks: draws finger across neck
15:47 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: <i>Treason.
15:47 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Yes. . .but we've had other races that fall under that law given -permission- by The Grand Dukes to enter.
15:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: I think Candlekeep may be a good test case in this situation. I can say it seems funcitonally impossible. The statment of: "You have to impress Ulraunt".... I haven't Rped with Ulraunt myself ever more than twice. In two years. It may be possible by rule
15:47 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: So it's possible.
15:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: But my actual outcome I am 100% unsure how any Grey Orc or Drow could enter CK, Krumarth tried with a horse full of books,
15:48 Tymra: Treason, but fun....so my question is....If we let UDers gain xp and such on the surface, but keep PVP laws as is, it would lead to some more interesting RP
15:48 Tymra: Is that something we could agree on?
[15:49] SERVER: [DM] THE SERVER HAS BEEN UP 9 HOUR(S)
15:50 [Wade228] Jalib: Extends his hand for the stick
15:50 Tymra: As for the setting being ruined, they would still be actively hiding their true nature, so it wouldn't be like a mass of drow/orcs hanging out at the farmlands. Aster played it very well. He avoided groups, and found ways to get my attention and pull me
15:50 [DM Boo] DM Boo: The rules are in place for a reason, particularly the no-grinding one. We can get into that later however when we have more time.
15:50 Tymra: Alrighty, I might just not be understanding some reasoning. But I'll pass the stick to Jalib for comment Passes Stick
15:51 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Let's please get back on track. I'll answer Jalib's previous question. It's up to Endelyon personally how the discord is managed, but I think those channels were removed beccause -
15:51 [Wade228] Jalib: I just wanted to say please ask for a stick! Looks at Boo
15:51 [Wade228] Jalib: Hands the stick to Boo anyway
15:51 [DM Boo] DM Boo: Nobody used them much. You'd have to ask her. As for whether they should be re-implemented, I do not mind either way.
15:52 [DM Boo] DM Boo: hands it back to Jalib
15:52 [Wade228] Jalib: The reason I ask is the only way this bridge returns is if the DM team requests it
15:53 [Wade228] Jalib: So like I just wanted to say that it was great to have it
15:53 [DM Boo] DM Boo: IDK if there is interest in it, I can ask.
15:53 [Wade228] Jalib: I suggest let's discuss the UD-related issues during Azariah's turn because it turns out to be a rather passionate topic that sparkles a lot of discussion
15:54 [Wade228] Jalib: Lastly, I wanted to mention the speaker role, I heard some people mention it
15:55 [Wade228] Jalib: It's an experimental new role Zanniej agreed to try and it, I suppose, would depend on the first person who uptakes it if this role will become a boon for the community or will fail and turn out to be a 15k xp / month grind simulator
15:56 [Wade228] Jalib: So I just wanted to say it's a big responsibility as it's a brand new direction and an experiment, but what this role is supposed to do is erase the gaps the community has
15:57 [Wade228] Jalib: For example, let's take a look at the unanswered requests issue, it would've been up to the speaker to ask the DMs why it's going on, they would tell it, and the speaker would inform the community and thoroughly explain the situation
15:58 [Wade228] Jalib: And you know all the stuff like this, I'm telling this because it was me who designed this role, but I couldn't take it in december because of some RL issues
15:58 [Wade228] Jalib: But even if it wouldn't be me, this role has a huge potential I don't yet see limits for
16:00 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //I will need to go afk fairly shortly, probably won't be back before this meeting ends but I'll leave it IG.
16:01 [Wade228] Jalib: I'll talk about this with Zanniej again soon and decide if I should take it up or someone else should, my issue is these days I can't spend 25 hours per day on BG so my input won't be as breakthrough-ish as I wanted it to be
16:01 [Wade228] Jalib: Well anyway, that's all the topics from me, and we should totally do the ToT rather than skipping it!
16:01 [Wade228] Jalib: End of the speech, hands the stick over to Eva
16:05 [DM Boo] DM Boo: //anyway Brb. All Father's in charge in the mean time!
16:06 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: . . . .
16:06 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Can you turn the stick into a conch?
16:06 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: -Stahp-
16:07 [Styxster] Eva Crow: So....I sat through this meeting mostly to say I've been here awhile and I've enjoyed my time quite a bit here. As far as a change I'd like to see...Other than the discord presence or DM/PC communication, the big thing is just an easier means of
16:08 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Introducing newcomers to the stories/options on the server. I find many new people are just lost in it all. Many people do not know about the forums, and most people look for discord servers these days. If we had some kind of pseudo starter zone or even a
16:10 [Styxster] Eva Crow: note you start with that new players can read over to get a quick intro into where they should go to interact with the story of BG. Giving new people a little push toward RP and such I think might help bring/keep newer players. Right now, I mostly see the
16:10 [Styxster] Eva Crow: same lvl 30 epic people, who RCR but still, not many new faces
16:11 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: <C=red> I have to say I have not 'started' on this server in the last decade, that said I was under the impression that we had some of those things on various signs? Perhaps even a NPC in the harbor ?
16:11 [Styxster] Eva Crow: I'm not sure if this is making much sense to anyone but me
16:11 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Grabs for stick
16:11 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: <C=red> Can anyone correct me? That said. . a note in the inventory might be doable, I've seen similar on other servers.
16:11 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Hands stick to Azariah
16:12 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Screeches dominance I think it makes sense. I <i>believe</i> there is an orphan in the docks in addition to that dude, though the farmlands are a bit more fuzzy? I remember when I first came here, I kind of relied on other players and wandered around
16:13 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: <C=red> I'll bring it up to the staff, it's a valid point.
16:13 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: I'm looking at the inventory items right now as well
16:13 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: <C=red> We certainly have "more" information to manage now then when I started.
16:14 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: I think the rules and guidelines are up to date, though tbh I never actually read them until I came to the forums.
16:15 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: DMFI has DMFI help, but I don't see an "introductory" item
16:15 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Yes, many new people I've spoken to have done the little orphans tour.
16:15 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Tosses stick back
16:15 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: But it doesn't have anything about forums? I also believe the loading screen has some info.
16:16 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Still a starting item makes sense.
16:16 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: I thought it blanked out?
16:16 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: It now makes even more sense.
16:17 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Anything else, Eva. . ?
16:17 [Styxster] Eva Crow: I think they are just lost at first and end up just grinding the first few dungeons which leads them to quickly burn out. Maybe a system for faction represenitives? Maybe NPC's that the guilds can hire to speak to new players near the starting area? It
16:17 [Entreri00] Eisenhorn: (I've recently started escorting new players to the quest givers in BG to get em started. One even made off with 50k reward for being adorable
16:18 [Styxster] Eva Crow: would show new players that there are large guilds out there and if they had a short prescripted description of the guild and their purpose, it would help new players take a step toward finding where they want to fit themselves into the ongoing story
16:19 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Not being able to join the faction through these NPC's, just simply a prescripted responses that could help them find the groups that arn't sitting in the farmlands 24/7
16:20 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: I'll bring that up as well, however I feel it might subtract away from the "need" to learn the lay of the land the old fashion way.
16:20 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Raises hand One minor comment
16:21 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: A newcomer to the land would know less of the land and most of the large guilds have signs in public places.
16:22 [Styxster] Eva Crow: So I'd say the guild doesn't have to put a recruiter. And it would be like their little elevator speech. Short and sweet, just like how a real guild would advertise.
16:22 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: raises hand
16:23 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Hands stick to Azariah Hand it to Alyssia when you finish
16:24 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: o7 Understood! Room should be left to learning the old fashioned way. My recommendation is pointing a new player in the right direction, then giving them the option to go there or just make their own way
16:24 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Then if they decide to go in that direction, they can go off on their own afterwards
16:24 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Hands to Alyssia
16:25 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Of course, give them the option, I'm not saying to corrale them
16:25 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: takes the stick so there is the message board as well, that has a form for guild recruitment that I am using, along with a forum post
16:25 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: as far as guild recruitment and such
16:26 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: half the time though I'm either out grinding our rping in other areas that I don't hang out by the fire place, so in part people should explore more areas, occasionally use the PC scry to find where others are, so on and so forth, and ask people they come
16:27 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: across to guide them to the places, the player base here is increadibly friendly usually, and really helpful if you just ask.
16:27 [Anrilor] Alyssia Leonhart: tosses it back to Eva
16:29 [Styxster] Eva Crow: So yes, there is the signboard...but the majority of new players pass it by without even knowing it's there. I just think NPC's by the farmland marketplace, or the Inns, or other sensible places around BG might be a bit more noticable. I think if we can
16:29 [Styxster] Eva Crow: get newer players to groups faster, they'll stick around more and overall enjoy their stay.
16:32 [Styxster] Eva Crow: If someone has a better way to execute that, I by no means think my idea is the end-all best solution. It's just the only idea I have at the moment
16:32 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: waves hand
16:32 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Tosses stick to Fenix
16:33 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: So after Fenix, we're gonna let Eva make the closing on this one.
16:33 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: I've got some notes down for the staff to consider on this subject.
16:33 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: So, not sure if this is advertising or whatever, but I actually had a plan to help with this issue that Fenix is going to pursue ICly >.> Since he hasn't done anything with the Siren's Song for a while, he's thinking of turning it into some sort of go>>
16:35 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: between adventurers and guilds, help newer adventurers get acquainted to guilds/groups/etc, basically in the way of Order of the Lions, but actually active :D
16:36 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand
16:36 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: In the way that the original idea of them was to get adventurers/etc introduced to different guilds/plots/etc
16:36 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Oh! NEvermind. Lowers it
16:36 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: passes to Issy
16:36 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: eyes Isabella
16:36 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: ...Quickly!
16:37 [Styxster] Eva Crow: I would love the campsite in the farmland to not be the only place to meet people or learn anything new. Taverns and marketplaces would be great if we could add more info places/npcs that would make the city feel more alive and give reason to go places
16:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: A monthly 'career' faire scheduled where a DM sets down some tents and each guild sends a rep
16:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Like a career faire
16:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Might be an easy solution
16:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: That is all
16:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Throws it to Eva
16:37 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Agreed Eva, however that's the symtom of a much larger 'issue' within the server.
16:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Or Fenix can host it on his boat
16:37 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Or whatever
16:38 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: There's always a hotspot on the server, for a while it was different taverns/etc, it varies month from month
16:39 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: atm it's farmlands, but the real thing that moves the hotspots is player RP
16:39 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Alright. . Back to Eva
16:39 [Styxster] Eva Crow: I get that RP is a big factor for the server, but this is still dnd, people come to adventure and I feel right now the vast majority are just hanging out at the campfire to RP grind. That's more of a personal gripe but yes
16:39 [OldSchoolGamer] Uzzrella: (you guys still at it!!)
16:39 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: If I might make a point on that Eva.
16:39 [Styxster] Eva Crow: By all means
16:39 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: This server started -much- smaller, with far fewer guilds.
16:40 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Fewer maps and the like.
16:40 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: It also had a much denser population, so it DID fill out like you wanted.
16:41 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Now. . .we've only ever expanded our borders AND our guild numbers, which dilutes the server and creates the 'hotspots' that Fenix spoke of.
16:41 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: (/CK Started as an information broker guild of indepentand adventurers... then we OOCly decided to take over CK when they added the map.
16:41 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: And our serve pop has lowered at the same time.
16:41 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: (/.... As a history lesson
16:42 [Styxster] Eva Crow: Oh no, I understand. I'm just hoping for a push to update to match the times. But That's all I have, so I'll pass it on to Drego Wings stick at him
16:42 [Safo] Drego Ashe: dodges the stick and lets it hit Az in the head, HER TURN
16:43 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: SCREECH
16:43 [Styxster] Eva Crow: (Almost to the end, Amos is last left right?)
16:43 [Safo] Drego Ashe: (Yeah)
16:43 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Okay okay so a lot of these are just observations and setting the record straight, partially for the awareness of all
16:43 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: barring any alibies.
16:43 [Styxster] Eva Crow: (6 hours later...one hell of a meeting)
16:44 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: First: UD population. Simply put, it's a blend of low players and low DM activity. Players are low because (frankly) comparably their playground isn't as immersive or 1:1 value as on the surface, generally speaking, and DM activity is listed.
16:44 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: But guess what? DMs don't wanna DM for a ghost town
16:46 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: And by 1:1 value, I mean the lack of the staple that is slavery, PG 13, raids not being a RP reason to be above regardless of quality. I remember a few DMs popping in to begin a plotline and a good chunk of the UD's activity came back, then-
16:46 [Firechicken] Radiant Mouser: oh...
16:46 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: faded as the plot didn't really continue. We don't sustain ourselves as efficiently as the surface, which recently faced a similar "famine" of activity. They weathered it FAR better
16:46 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand
16:47 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Okay, that remark wasn't so quick. But remark one done! Tosses stick to Bella
16:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: The fact that surface characters at
16:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: are 100% free to join UD plots
16:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Because of how Sshamath works
16:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: But the inverse isn't true
16:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Also seems to lead, from my outside PoV
16:47 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: <i>Yes.
16:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Of UD plots having more Surface people than UD
16:47 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Which sucks.
16:48 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: As the few plots that exist in the UD get co-opted out
16:48 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Tosses stick back
16:48 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Might I offer a insight there?
16:48 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: From what I've seen, despite the opposite being claimed, is drow are almost afraid to exercise the superiority they have. Straight up, only drow can be citizens and non-citizens cannot legally insult citizens. And go ahead!
16:49 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Nailed it on the drow bit. Which I was gonna address.
16:49 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Raises hand
16:49 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Whips stick at All-Father
16:50 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Give it to Bella once you're done!
16:50 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: But drow ARE allowed on the surface last I checked for RP specific reasons. That said. . .RP there is hostile towards drow, many of the 'powers' are against them, violently against them.
16:50 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: ^ And it's absolutely <i>glorious.
16:50 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: More over they are against anyone that aids them. . which makes it a "them V us" setting, ICly.
[16:51] SERVER: [DM] THE SERVER HAS BEEN UP 10 HOUR(S)
[16:51] SERVER: [DM] NOTICE: THE SERVER IS GOING TO RESET ITSELF IN JUST A MINUTE
16:51 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: The problem with that solution is.... imagine you are a PC trying to get into a DM plot. You go the UD to get into a plot! And -another PC- agressively RPs to disallow you to get into the DM plot. I suspect only tears result, and not the good IC kind.
16:51 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Breaking out of that. . .shrug Won't be easy. -THAT SAID-, We could have the DMs discuss fleshing out a better system for judgement.
16:52 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Unless it is clearer that that is... a thing that will and shuld happen.
16:52 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Is donez
16:52 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Loosing is apart of RP, that said if I were running a plot and that happened. . .I'd <i> correct it.
16:52 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: ^
16:52 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: UDers will pounce on whatever you give them
16:53 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Trying. .
16:53 [dae-glyth] Glyth: ( Are we delaying server restart?
16:54 [Truthiness] Fenix Wandersoul: (I don't think you can after it begins D:
16:54 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: It's more a matter of, drow are almost afraid to be drow despite legally having the advantage. It's part of why Lolthites have such a high turnover, in addition to (from my understanding) not meshing well with the S'shamathians and seemingly having no-
16:54 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: Trying. . .I sorta forgot how!
[16:54] SERVER: [DM] <color=PURPLE><b>******************************</b></color>
[16:54] SERVER: [DM] <color=RED><b>Player </b></color>Fenix<color=RED><b> has been smited for trying to pick pocket AFK player </b></color>DM
[16:54] SERVER: [DM] <color=PURPLE><b>******************************</b></color>
16:54 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: way to get around the political hurdles
16:54 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: ...
16:54 [DM All Father] <C=gold>DM-All <C=gold> Father: ((Gah! And I have a screaming child. I'll Ping Boo on discord!
16:54 [AsmodeaKier] Isabella Villame: Pokes dead Fenix
16:54 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Eilistraeeans have a high turnover rate due to stonewalls, both perceived and real. Oh and some internal fighting. And DAMN. REMEMBER HOW!
16:54 [Shadowspinner70] Azariah: Beats with stick
*SERVER RESETS*

...And that was the end.
2014, 2017 Campaign Coordinator
"Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!"
Shadowspinner70

Re: 02/01/2021 - General Server Meeting Transcript (No. 2) (Public Access)

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 »

I myself don't mind the flavor of the different stick catching. However, removing that and small talk (though I wouldn't remove comments if they so much as SEEM related) would significantly cut down on length and help make the meeting more succinct.

Thank you for holding this, DMs!
Avintae - Sugar Addict
Flora - Witchy Woman
Azariah - Doombringer

Supermod mode, activated. The rest is just my opinion.
JustAnotherGuy

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

For my part, I didn't get through the whole transcript. I can appreciate someone posting it, and I know it's a lot of work to remove portions that are "small talk". But yeah, as it is, it's very hard to read.

Thank you for posting it at all, though. Even just that is going the extra mile.
"Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."
- Rudyard Kipling
Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

Of all things, Nathan’s point of creating story and plots together is the most dear one to me.

There has been a tendency that the “Good guys” shun the “Bad guys” over the past few years and I’d like to make a shout out to team Evil out there.

The part where a Zhentarim leader (most recent one) felt so ooc’ly poorly treated, is a thing I very much loathed hearing.

We’re better than that as a community.
Remember, it’s not so much about “winning” a plot. It’s about making that story together.

Let’s be a bit more cool to another ooc’ly and remember that team evil is there for all our entertainment as fellow human players.

So let’s get back to drive those player driven plots. It helps DM’s as well.
Wulfrik, Hunter Ever, Hunter After

Alaan Skriesong, Anarchist, Assassin, Wild Person- Retired with his She-wolf Elfling in a homely cave -Retired
Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 »

Honestly, she's one of the sweetest players out there too. It was one of the most shameful, frustrating things to hear about.
Let’s be a bit more cool to another ooc’ly and remember that team evil is there for all our entertainment as fellow human players.
Can't have good without evil, or evil without good. Unless your experience is awful, one thing I recommend is just thanking the other player for the encounter, especially if it's tense and handled maturely by the other player. To both sides, you don't need to always win. :dance:
Avintae - Sugar Addict
Flora - Witchy Woman
Azariah - Doombringer

Supermod mode, activated. The rest is just my opinion.
Asmodea

Unread post by Asmodea »

What would be the best way to follow up on the various things discussed?
Player of Isabella Villame
---------------------------------------------
"Be careful what you pretend to be."

Return to “Community”