Adressing things about myself

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

yyj

Adressing things about myself

Unread post by yyj »

So recently I've been taken away by the way the community has handled certain things, so this is time for a story.

Imagine that you're new to the server and game and you're still getting a hang of everything.

Then you get invited to a guild, join guuld forums and then start looking at reports.
Suppose that you make a mistake and read just the newer posts of a journal that's on the reports section of your guild. Whoops!

That is exactly what happened to me once, I read just the last post of a journal and didn't realize what it was until later... So yes I actually did a bit of metagaming on accident.

This had little consecuence for anyone involved, I apologized and nobody's secret identity was discovered, and what do you know, up until this day, it seems that people still talk about how the evil metagamer yyj is such a danger to the rp community and someone to be avoided.

Well so what I made a mistake, I know there are many perfect players here who have all the right to judge others and victimize someone over a mistake for years.

So l come forward today, with this apology for whoever you are, that yes Im sorry because I metagamed by mistake more than a year ago, and even after apologizing and moving on, it seems that not everyone did.

So I invite you to stop talking about others and just focus on trying to have fun, no need to hurt over these things.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Re: Adressing things about myself

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Welcome to BG...

As time goes by, you will find many more "hard" truths about what and how things are getting done here. If you care for my advice, try to focus on the things you like and the players you like. Otherwise you will not last long here
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
edmaster

Unread post by edmaster »

I once was accused of being in with the DM Crowd cause i was like, hanging out in Discord VC's and one of the people there was a DM, didn't even know this. :lol: , people who know me would also know, i don't play here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , Strange stuff yo.
FallingStar

Unread post by FallingStar »

I've never heard about this incident, or you being a metagamer. It's probably just an annoyingly vocal minority.
Justicia ex umbra.

Return to “Community”