PMs and me - I am a bit swamped

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Ghost
Global Admin

PMs and me - I am a bit swamped

Unread post by Ghost »

Hey, community.

I know there are several awaiting answers to PMs from me (that is me specifically), and I to intend to get back to you. The reason I am slow is that I am a little bit swamped with both RL and my HDM duties, so the plots I am involved with sometimes take second priority. I apologise to those who are waiting for my response.

If you are waiting for a response in particular (again, from me specifically), and have been waiting for a while, don't hesitate to send me a ping about it.

Just so you have a notion of where I'm coming from, I was away from the forums for one full day, and when I returned I found this:
In addition to numerous threads needing my attention.

Again, apologies for my tardiness on the PMs. I am trying to get to them!
Ewe

Re: PMs and me - I am a bit swamped

Unread post by Ewe »

Man, I wish I got 31 of anything in a single day! Nice. Try not to get burnt out. We need our DMs!
AKA Dae-Glyth
Discord: Dae-Glyth#1759
Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 »

You poor, poor soul.

May the gods grant you patience, because if they granted you strength, we might all be dead. We all know you secretly want more ghostly friends.
Avintae - Sugar Addict
Flora - Witchy Woman
Azariah - Doombringer

Supermod mode, activated. The rest is just my opinion.
DM SummerBreeze
DM

Unread post by DM SummerBreeze »

I am not even going to share the number I have :lol: but I am in the same boat.
Discord Contact: @E1imination
I only do player requests if a player requests me specifically for a request. Otherwise I run my own written stories. <3
Alexander Holgart

Unread post by Alexander Holgart »

I actually appreciate the idea of coming forward and being open about your workload.

You all take your time, your sanity comes first.
Hakken2
Custom Content

Unread post by Hakken2 »

Take you time. Its very easy to be overburden and stressed. The server is way to have fun and dream of another world. As a DM the role is to aid others fulfill that dream and therefor one can feel guilt to not have the time.
You and all DMs is doing a massive and wonderful work.
Bhor Stonecutter, Citizen and King's Hammer of Kraak Helzak.
eternal night

Unread post by eternal night »

1 pm at a time, slow work but then 5 more arrive after finishing reading one.

This is the way it's been for a long time and burned out many before.

In the past there used to be forum groups dedicated to help out prevent this burnout, could be a good idea.

I don't know if PMs slowed down after this thread was posted, but it seems a lot just for one person.

Good luck with this task.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

An update to this, I've lost track a little bit so...

If there is something you are wondering why I haven't responded to yet (if it was directed at me specifically), please send me a reminder, and I'll try to get through it all through the weekend.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

Once more I must ask you to have patience with me here. And please, if you are waiting for answers from me in particular, it helps me a lot if you send me a reminder.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

Hey, everyone.

Regarding PMs - both of the war and other things. If you are waiting for responses that we haven't given yet, please send us a reminder. The war has created quite a lot of RP, it seems, and while we are building up the number of DMs, it has admittedly been a little bit overwhelming. Don't take this as a complaint, however: I am super happy you guys are so engaged! This is just to note that the volume has perhaps made us lose track of some things and that you should not feel like you are nagging at us if you send us a reminder.

This also goes for forum posts you want reaction to. It is always easiest for us to notice and respond if we get a ping in PMs.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

Once again I must ask for some patience. I am quite swamped, and I have to prioritise certain things. And on top of that, my sister and her family is visiting my city for the next two weeks, and she lives in a different country so I don't see them very often, so I'll be somewhat less active and available during this time.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

Hey, community. I am slowly working myself back into things here. If anyone is waiting for a response from me specifically, please send me a reminder and I'll get to it soon.

Thank you.
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

Real life has been a bit hectic for me recently, so I've worked up a bit of a backlog of PMs that I need to manage. I will try to prioritise a bit so that anything related to the upcoming court on Saturday will be dealt with before then.

Also, I want to remind everyone that if you haven't received an answer to a PM, it is not nagging to send us a poke.
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Other than that fix, I dun need to bug you about anything , besides I gots me Goats! Thank you DM Midnight! Muahahahahaha!
“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's."

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"

Click to find out what time is it for the Bartender
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

DM Ghost wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:24 amAlso, I want to remind everyone that if you haven't received an answer to a PM, it is not nagging to send us a poke.
This reminds me, actually - what's the protocol for this happening to DM requests, before they've had a chance to move to PMs?
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk

Return to “Community”