Ink Update

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Ink

Ink Update

Unread post by DM Ink »

Hey Everybody,

First of all, happy holidays. I hope everyone a safe and fun time as we move through the season. As we come up on the new year, my plots here are wrapping up and coming to an end. This new in January I will be working on clearing my events and accepted requests. For the time being I will not be taking any further projects until everything is cleared out. This notice is just a friendly request for players. If you have an event line with me pending, please be ready for the upcoming months as time opens up. If you have anything pending with me, or if anything falls through the cracks regarding my plots please feel free to send me a poke or reminder. I want to make sure I get back to you and we keep things moving as we come to 2022. Thank you all for your hard work, effort, and continued support of our PW. Looking forward to another season of arcs and stories. Have a wonderful holiday!

DM Ink
DM Ink
“Kindly let me help you or you will drown,” said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree.
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Re: Ink Update

Unread post by DM Ink »

Finished up my events here for this season. I want to thank all of the players for their involvement, patience, and participation. Its been a sincere pleasure to work with all of you. I'll be doing things here and there, but overall I will be going on hiatus and allowing myself some time as a player. Again I will be finishing up plots at an easy pace, and helping other dms.

Huge thank you to
DM Winter
DM Soulcatcher
DM Grinning Death
DM Summerbreeze

Thank you all for all of your help and hopping in to contribute to encounters.

Most of all

Thank you to the players.
DM Ink
“Kindly let me help you or you will drown,” said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree.
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

Hey Everyone,

I am going to be finishing off my outstanding plots here and offering something fairly new. We will have to see how it goes, I cant make any promises; just do my best. So when I finish up my loose ends here on plots, outstanding rp, etc. I'd like to focus on assisting players in finishing up old plots. It will take some coordination with retired DMs. I'd like to offer players stuck in DM event limbo to reach out to me and let me know which events they would like finished. I would be doing some writing and filling in the spaces, but the idea is to give resolution to any unfinished events/rp. Please send me a quick writeup and which DM you were working with to potentially finish up RP. This will be a slow process, but its worth doing for all of you.

I will be stepping down into my (Final?) retirement in the next couple months. I'll be working on filling the time with finishing up stories and bringing some fun to you the players.
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

Spawns in Sharpteeth have been increased to reflect changes in viewtopic.php?f=17&t=77434

Please be careful! Grab a group and destroy some orcs! Feel free to follow up and shoot me a pm! Most events will happen in game at random. :)
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

I'll be upgrading my PC and hopefully not exploding it. Apologies in advance if I do something wrong to my pc and am forced to go inactive until I resolve it :lol:
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
Rask
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rask »

Ink is creamy

that is all.
Rennec Rokranon, Chosen of Helm, Retired for now
Isra Wynterborne, Necromancer Hunter
Rask, The Lich, Retired
S.Ravenpath, collector an author of tall tales.
Nathka Blacksand - Khazark of the Enclave
Richter Bedevere - The Reveler and enjoyer of fine wines
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

I reject these accusations.
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

For this week I am going to have a long list of obligations. I'll be answering a stack of posts in August. I just wanted to let everyone so that you know you have not been overlooked or forgotten. July 25-31 I will be taking the week off with one exception. I just wanted to post and let you all know I see your requests and follow up. Thank you all for your exceptional RP, and I will start working on it first thing August. Until then I'll be on a vacation answering what I can. :mrgreen:
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

Hey everyone, its that time of year again. For my 57th retirement I will be stepping down Oct 16th as my last day. If you have any unresolved RPs with me please send them on over. I have some plans for some fun here and there and I'm catching up on some notes for the team. I hope you enjoyed what you could take part in thus far. Thank you all for your tremendous RP and follow up.
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

My retirement will be postponed until I complete one request I intend to finish. Partially blind at the moment so have mercy. :)
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

Hey Everyone,

Underwent eye surgery, so currently I will be out of commission. It is currently too difficult to read text to be effective in any compacity. Hope this is all spelled right!
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

DM Ink wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:49 am Underwent eye surgery, so currently I will be out of commission. It is currently too difficult to read text to be effective in any compacity. Hope this is all spelled right!
Kiroshi implants don't take long for recovery.
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

I will be tying up some ends here in January and disconnecting for a break in February. During the month of February I will not be answering PMs, messages, or logging in game or on the forms. I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful new year and I should be back after that. Best wishes everyone!
DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

I will be sticking around for February to help out. Just wanted to remind players interested in my events to please see my rules page. I generally stick to those rules and never want to be rude, but these are the things that make DMing easier for me. It also allows me to take on a group of 10-12 and make it manageable. To players new to DM plots in general, I understand it takes time to learn. I look forward to the next few weeks.

Note: I'm not an EU DM. If you are not within the US evenings follow up is nearly impossible for me.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66760&p=948444#p948444

General rules and guidelines for my events:

> Do not rest until instructed
(I work few rests into my CR)

> Do not proceed through the map (DM Maps)
(Several aspects of the map may not be set up and could be immersion breaking)

>Keep it IC
(You'll get more out of the experience. If there is an issue, I am always here to listen.)

>Please have any pnp spells, shapes, or forms sent over at least 24 hours before a scheduled event. This gives me time to research it.

>One PC per player (Through the entirety of the plot - Please pick one and dedicate to that RP)

>Please be descriptive in your emotes that you intend to roll a skill for (This helps me know exactly what your looking for to quickly provide an answer)

>Have fun!

>Please feel free to offer me feed back.

DM Ink
-Alan Watts
DM Ink

Unread post by DM Ink »

DM Ink wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:53 pm I will be sticking around for February to help out. Just wanted to remind players interested in my events to please see my rules page. I generally stick to those rules and never want to be rude, but these are the things that make DMing easier for me. It also allows me to take on a group of 10-12 and make it manageable. To players new to DM plots in general, I understand it takes time to learn. I look forward to the next few weeks.

Note: I'm not an EU DM. If you are not within the US evenings follow up is nearly impossible for me.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66760&p=948444#p948444

General rules and guidelines for my events:

> Do not rest until instructed
(I work few rests into my CR)

> Do not proceed through the map (DM Maps)
(Several aspects of the map may not be set up and could be immersion breaking)

>Keep it IC
(You'll get more out of the experience. If there is an issue, I am always here to listen.)

>Please have any pnp spells, shapes, or forms sent over at least 24 hours before a scheduled event. This gives me time to research it.

>One PC per player (Through the entirety of the plot - Please pick one and dedicate to that RP)

>Please be descriptive in your emotes that you intend to roll a skill for (This helps me know exactly what your looking for to quickly provide an answer)

>Have fun!

>Please feel free to offer me feed back.

It's August! How did you let this happen!

For the past few months, I've let the team know as well as a few others on staff. I've decided to commit to retirement indefinitely. I will never say never, since I love story telling and working with such a great community. Nevertheless it is time for me to enjoy some of my other hobbies and get back to things here. September 2nd will be my last day here as a DM for BGTSCC. Thank you all for the wonderful time and everything in between.

Best,
DM Ink

Now archive this Zanniej so nobody sees it in 3 months when I return and I don't look like a fool! :lol:
DM Ink
-Alan Watts

Return to “Community”