Need help, can't connect to multiplayer.

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

IAmTheWalrus

Need help, can't connect to multiplayer.

Unread post by IAmTheWalrus »

Whenever I try to connect to Multiplayer of any kind I get an error that reads "Error: Your CDKey is not registered."

I looked it up and it says something about creating a "nwncdkey.ini" file and manually posting your cd keys.

I have done this: The error remains.

I got my copies of NWN2 on Steam.

Any ideas?
Zanniej
Barn manager

Re: Need help, can't connect to multiplayer.

Unread post by Zanniej »

When buying the game, you should get CD keys. Steam probably has them for you somewhere, but you'll need to set them in the game somewhere. Top of my head it's in the pre-game menu.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Calodan

Unread post by Calodan »

For GOG I had to manually enter my CD Keys in a option for the game within the platform of GOG. Maybe STEAM has the same thing?
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"

"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
Azroth

Unread post by Azroth »

Try and contact Steam support and see if the issue is with the key itself generated, by requesting new ones. If that fails, I can walk you through the process of troubleshooting. As I have a steam copy myself. It's a shame it's no longer on the steam market that I'm aware of. But support should still be available.
After years of trying to give others a chance to prove to me they can shape up here, I have run out of patience. The numbers of nwn2 overall dropping in the past few years have told me the path others truly want to take. Actions speak louder than words.

It's not worth the investment.

Return to “Community”