Questions Re: Death Domain and Necromancy

Gameplay Mechanics Explained and Helpful Advice on Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderator

Tekill
Recognized Donor

Questions Re: Death Domain and Necromancy

Unread post by Tekill »

Im starting to work on an undead controlling cleric type build. I would just roll a pale master but its time for a divine caster. And I trying to create somthing interesting to avoid the temptation of rolling a 26FvS/4BG.

1) Does Spell focus necromancy increase the DC to divine spells?
Say Harm for example?

2) The Death Domain gives you a feat Shadow Summon.
Is this feat a considered a cohort? And what is the HD of this Shadow Summon?

3) Also, death domain give you the spell, Army of Darkness. Is this spell considered a Swarm Slot? You get one 16 HD undead then you get a few 15 HD undead? Sound right? How does the spell work? What am I guaranteed when I cast this spell?

4) Gods of death vs gods of undeath. I suppose it depends on the God but some death gods are fine with summononing undead and some gods of death are against it.
Myrkul was a necromancer in his mortal years- I assume he allows undead.
Jergal allows undead. But some death gods see undead as an abomination.
The orc pantheon, Yurtrus is the god of death and Shargass, amoung other things, undeath (although he neither has death or undead domain here).
So if I rolled an orc cleric would I want to serve Yurtrus if I want to summon undead? -Death and Suffering sound like a great combo so far.
If I went drow, kiaransalee would be the way to go...yet she doesnt get the death domain....she does get undeath. But Im thinking I should have the death domain.
Its getting confusing.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Rain

Re: Questions Re: Death Domain and Necromancy

Unread post by Rain »

1) Yes.

2) No I don't think so, the only things that are considered cohorts from feats are dreadmaster's cohort and black guards lvl 5 cohort.

3) Yup, it's a swarm spell, youll need to charge it up though as the spell is not instant keep that in mind. In terms of what you get so far ive only gotten skeleton warriors and archers from the spell not sure if there are any other "chance" summons part of it.

4) Don't see any problem with picking Yurtrus seems like a great choice for the two domains you want / are good.
Cerebella Dreambreaker - Insectomancer

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa - Plague Doctor

Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya - The All-Seeing Eye

"The Ruined Queen" - Leader of The All-Seeing Eyes.

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."

Return to “Gameplay Guides”