Gameplay Mechanics Explained and Helpful Advice on Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderator

VillageGreenWitch

RCR and the BG Storage

Unread post by VillageGreenWitch »

Hey you all,

first off: Happy new year! <:D

My question is:
If I RCR a character wait till next reset to create it with the very same name again and log in - will my BG storage chest still have the items the old character had?
Or will they be gone?

(For the packhorse the answer was "items transfer" iirc but I'd like to be sure for obvious reasons.)

Slightly related question:

Is there any chance we might see another 100% RCR period this year? 0:)
Shea Leanson - red hair, silvery tongue and an ironic smirk

Aly'andra Vandor Sha - dead (killed by Khar and Tor'rak)
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: RCR and the BG Storage

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Yeah, with the same name - it works with the NPC storage.

(No idea about packhorses...)
VillageGreenWitch

Unread post by VillageGreenWitch »

@Theodore01:

That's great to know, thank you! :)
Shea Leanson - red hair, silvery tongue and an ironic smirk

Aly'andra Vandor Sha - dead (killed by Khar and Tor'rak)
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

NPC Storage of Items is PC name-based, so do make sure the name is exactly the same!

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

I wouldn't still rely on it too much. Better mule it to be on the safe side. I once rcrd into same name to see my inventory wiped completely. Luckly i didn't have anything i couldn't rebuy muling some gold from my other PC.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

A PC’s inventory is always wiped during an RCR. NPC Storage and Packhorses are Name Based, and thus the Items stored should not be eraded (and if they were, and you had a screenshot of the Storage Inventory, you’d likely qualify for a PC rollback or Item refund from the Zannadminiej).

MrSmith
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MrSmith »

The easiest way to RCR without muling is to pack everything onto your character's horse and wait for reset. Once reset occurs, RCR your naked character with gold. Create a new character WITH THE SAME NAME and withdraw experience and gold via RCR. Level your character in the Nexus (if you make a mistake, simply re-RCR so as to not incur another XP penalty) and then return to your last location (where your horse or hauler are located) and retrieve all of your gear.
sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

Unread post by sir_blacksoutalot »

Hi all, and HNY all around!!! 2021 can only be better.

I don't want to spread bad intel, but I think if you use the exact same name for your character, you may experience an issue with certain quests no longer being available.

This happened to one of my guys. I changed my character's last name, but not his first name. Now when he tries to do the dwarf quest for ore in the Cloakwood Mines, the dwarf no longer recognizes that I completed the quest when I go to complete it. This seems to mainly be a problem for quests that don't add an item to your inventory. Most of the other quests work fine.

It would great if someone up top can confirm.

|> Glymuldor Gryxulmyr — Moon Elf Shadowmancer
|> Voskul Gloamfathom — Genasi Shadow Archer
|> Vyrana Ravenmoor — Priestess of Misfortune
|> Grum Grognazdiak — Dwarven Trickster
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

Never had any problems RCRing with the same name other than languages.

Horse and any storage always remain if you use the same name, muling items is unecessary if you are using the same name.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

The program is to submit your existing PC to the RCR NPC in the Nexus, THEN you wait for a Server Reset, then you create the new PC at Login with the same Name, then spawn in the Nexus and retrieve the XP from the RCR NPC.

When using the same Name for an RCR of a PC, you must always wait out a Reset before recreating the new version, else you get all sorts of problems.

LevelSix_SYSTEM

Unread post by LevelSix_SYSTEM »

EasternCheesE wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:14 am I wouldn't still rely on it too much. Better mule it to be on the safe side. I once rcrd into same name to see my inventory wiped completely. Luckly i didn't have anything i couldn't rebuy muling some gold from my other PC.
New player and was wondering how the 'muling' process process is done (without waiting for RCR/reset)
I know some games allow alt accounts but highly doubt that is allowed here...

Seen someone mention that packhorses have their 'own' inventory?
Does that mean they are handled 'like' an alt that can be logged in with the player character & can be used to mule to an alt?
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

1) You can have as many characters as you want on your account.
2) You are allowed to transfer items between them (not knowledge though, see the rules about alts and guilds/rp).
3) The best and easiest way is asking other players to help you to mule your stuff. It's normal, it's done often and most will be happy to help you.
4) Alternatively, if you feel like gambling, you could use campfire/drop items on ground, but, you risk someone taking items from them or server crashing and you losing everything.
5) When you RcR, RcR NPC takes your gold and gives it to you when you withdraw experience with other PC, thus, you don't need to mule gold.

As of packhorses and storage vendors provide, they are tied to your PC name. So if you RcR with the same name, you still have access to them, so another way is putting all your items to vendor storage (never tried horse myself) and RcR into exactly same name. Keep in mind, if you go to nexus manually, and then you rcr into same name, you can't leave nexus until server reset. If you change name, they are kinda lost (can rcr into same name to regain access, but i don't know for how long do they persist detached from PC).

Return to “Gameplay Guides”