Last counter update:
2018-11-22 10:54:00

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Khar B'ukagaroh
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:44 pm 
Recognized Donor

Khar B'ukagaroh

Race: Grey Orc
Age: Late Teens (Human age equivalency of late twenties)
Ht: 19 Hands
Wt: 30 Stones
Eyes: Grey
Hair: None

General Health: Very healthy. Strong in body and mind
Worships: Gruumsh
Alignment: NE
Class: Warrior (Fighter/Frenzied Berzerker/Weapon Master/Warrior of Darkness)
Hobbies: Khar has been taught through guidance from Tor'rak and Kro'gi the path of Sacred Violence. This devotion to Gruumsh has piloted Khar to a better understanding of discipline through fury. It shows her a path of spiritual fulfillment in her path of destruction. She is under a continuous evolution to finding enlightenment in this Sacred Violence.
Habits: She is ever concerned with paying the debts of the past, present and future.
Speaks: Orc
Weapon: Great Axes

SECRET
Hidden: show
Khar is a female but upon arrival at the sword coast, she has assumed the role of a male. With the way she is dressed and her overall size and strength, it is not a big stretch to pull it off.

Stonelands, Hammer 1352
"Pull your weight Tor'rak", the huge orc calls back as she looks to her much smaller cousin now dragging the dead cow. Looking unburdened by the 1200lb cow that she has over her broad shoulder, the large female strides ahead. "Khar, wait up. let me rest.", the smaller orc pleads unable to continue. Khar looks to her side where another very large male walks also carrying a full grown bovine. "That's your brother Yrroh, keep him moving. We are very close." She says while sniffing the air and checking landmarks. Yrroh replies to Khar, "He may never be as strong as you, but his strength is in his focus to the all seeing. You cannot deny that." Khar responds in a threatening growl, "Excuses, keep him moving. I smell something." The three continue through the rocky landscape. The mesa that hold the Grimclaw clan now in sight. Khar stops and drops the dead cow from her shoulder. "What is it?" Yrroh asks sensing something awry. Dragging the cow up next to the dropped one, Tor'rak sighs, "Finally we can rest." A fist slammed shut in the direction of Tor'rak from Khar quiets them both. Slowly Yrroh lowers the cow from his shoulder and takes a position next to Khar followed soon after by Tor'rak. Slowly the three move into a better viewing position behind a rocky outcropping. Bringing in many airborne scents, a look of concern strikes Khar's visage. "Look" Khar whispers to the other two. Then she stands and pulls two huge axes from her back while running toward the entrance. Yrroh and Tor'rak take arms and chase Khar toward the cave. Khar's face builds to fury, anger and pain as she runs past the scattered corpses of her clan, her family pulled from the cave and picked over for trinkets and coin. Sprinting through the entry hall, Khar moves quickly through the chambers toward the throne room. "Mighav!!" Khar bellows as she kicks through the doors to the Grimclaw Chief's Throne room. The guards lay dead on the ground and the chief, headless and stripped of his ornamentation, lays with them. Khar stands above the carnage, unsure what to do and where to go. She turns to see Yrroh walk into the chamber with shock on his face. "Was it the humans?" he asks. Khar takes in a short breath through her nose and nods as she turns back to look upon the dead. "Look for survivors." she beckons to the big orc. Khar turns and heads back out to the courtyard listening and searching for anything that may still live. As she makes her way to the courtyard, Khar moves toward Tor'rak who is divining through the entrails of the fallen clan members. "Gruumsh is displeased. your father promised violence, but failed to deliver. So the all seeing brought the violence to us." Tor'rak speaks as if in a trance with his hands and face buried in the blood and cruror of the fallen clan. Khar commands to the haruspex, "Come inside. The rite must begin."

Upon entering the throne room, Tor'rak tries to rush to the chieftain, but Khar's firm grip holds him in place. "Start the rite." Khar commands the smaller orc. Tor'rak states in return, "I will start it then, when Yrroh returns." Khar bellows in threatening response, "Start it now. I will take the oath." The haruspex, looking surprised and scared, lowers his head in acknowledgement. Just as Tor'rak begins moving the chieftain's headless body to a hastily fashioned pyre, Yrroh walks in and gives Khar a shake of his head in response to a question that needed not be asked. Removing her right hand glove, Khar holds the black inked hand to Yrroh's similarly inked hand and says, "Then it is just us cousin. we are the last of the Grimclaw Clan." Anger, sadness and worry are expressed through a short look into each others eyes. The moment is broken by Yrroh noticing the haruspex setting the former chieftain ablaze. The manner of ritual according to the diviner has long slender poles impaling Mighav's body with his entrails winding up them and tied at the top. Several different instruments that Tor'rak keeps are utilized in various manners upon the ritual site. "what is.... this?" Yrroh asks Khar. The diviner speaks up and out of turn, "Khar is taking the oath." Quickly Yrroh responds in disbelief, "She cannot take the oath." Khar quickly replies calmly, "you are not my equal cousin, be still and let me take this burden." Angered by all of this, Yrroh steps up to Khar's face and growls, "Correct. You are NOT my equal. I am your superior. As long as I breathe, the oath MUST be taken by me." Calmly Khar turns away from Yrroh, "Fine.. If that is how it must be." And quickly swings around taking the head off of Yrroh with a single cleave of her huge axe. "Good.. I didn't want to start it over anyway." The haruspex announces while continuing to prepare the rite. Khar looks down at Yrroh with a disapproving look. "Should have killed me when you saw me starting it without you."

The smoke from the intoxicating fire twists Khar's mind and sends her into a waking dream. The haruspex walks around Khar while she sits in front of the pyre. Pulling his instruments from the fire, he recites mystical prayers before pressing them into her face, searing the items into her skin permanently. Khar remains steady throughout the painful procedure. The smoke helps her do this, but her will to not flinch in the eyes of her god provides her strength. To show weakness now would be scorned by Gruumsh and would prove Yrroh correct, so Khar remains steel. The diviner whispers to Khar, "Stand.. now it is your time.. to show your strength."

Standing in front of the now gone Grimclaw Clan cave, the two orcs give there farewell. "You stay here, you will die." Khar tells Tor'rak. "I must finish some things here. It is what Gruumsh has decided. I will know your fate. And I will see you again." Khar, unwilling to show compassion under the unsheltered sky and view of the All Seeing, gives the haruspex a grunt before turning to run west.

A long journey awaits. A brutal fight for survival and revenge.

GOALS
To build a viable orc clan on the Sword Coast.

PLOT HOOK
The oath is a bargain with Gruumsh to provide death, suffering and violence in return for prosperity and might of the clan. To not make the same mistakes of the oath-takers before her and learn from them. To take when taking is needed. To find good leadership. If good leadership is not available, to be a good leader and do what is best for yourself and the clan.

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Last edited by aaron22 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Khar B'ukagaroh
Unread postPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:54 pm 
Recognized Donor

Name: Tor'rak

Appearance: Meeker than most of it's kin, Tor'rak stands hunched. His eyes are covered by a blood soaked cloth. His body is covered in many wounds that look old but wont heal. buried under the wounds lay scars of his past.
Race: Full Orc
Height 16 Hands
Weight: 26 Stones
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Facial Hair Style: None

Personality Profile:
General Health: It would appear that his health is low, but Tor'rak's body has become accustomed to the abuse. While it will never be great. It is not as bad as it looks.
Deity: Grummsh
Initial Alignment: NE
Profession: Haruspex
Base Class & Proposed Development: Haruspex
Habits/Hobbies: Divination
Languages: Many
Weapon of Choice: Staff
Background: (See above in the story)
Goals: Former member of the Stoneland's Grimclaw Clan. Tor'rak was one of the final 3 survivor of this clan along with Khar. Yrroh the last survivor was killed by Khar so she could carry on the debts of the Grimclaw Clan. Tor'rak stayed back in the Stonelands when Khar left for the sword coast to start anew. In the months at the ruins of the Grimclaw Clan, Tor'rak studied the entrails of the fallen in search of omens. A purpose for it all. With the divination complete and answers in hand, Tor'rak reunited with Khar in the sword coast to deliver the omens. And see them through.
Possible Plot-Hook Ideas and Misc Facts:

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Post subject: Re: Khar B'ukagaroh
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:42 am 
Head DM

Approved. Pending reward.
You can request the reward from any DM online.

Server Rules
DM Rulings