Ammon Wulf - The Path of Redemption

Your characters' general information and background/origin should go here.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Darksaber

Ammon Wulf - The Path of Redemption

Unread post by Darksaber »

Sir Ammon of House Wulf
So as you shiver in the cold and the dark,
Look into the fire and see in its spark —
My eye
Watching over you.

As you walk in the wind's whistling claws,
Listen past the howling wolf's jaws.
My song
Comes to you.

And when you're lost in trackless snow,
Look up high where the eagles go.
My star
Shines for you.

In deep, dark mine or on crumbling peak,
Hear the words of love I speak.
My thoughts
Are with you

You are not forsaken
You are not forgotten.
The North cannot swallow you.
The snow cannot bury you.
I will come for you.
Faerûn will grow warmer,
And the gods will smile
But, oh, my love, guard yourself well —
All this may not happen for a long, long while.
-Wind by the Fireside

Appearance:

Long, raven-black hair frames a chiseled face with deep, dark brown eyes and a solemn look upon his countenance at all times. He wears bannerman full plate armour the color of silver with a light blue tabard bearing the symbol of Helm displayed upon his chest. A snowy-white cloak blows in the wind behind him, also depicting the symbol of the Vigilant God. By his side rests an ornate bastard sword, sheathed in a scabbard of boiled black leather, decorated with platinum runes. The hilt and pommel are a combination of steel and mithral, both in-laid with glittering gems and jewels. This is the sword of House Wulf, belonging to Ammon's father, passed down to him before he died.

Race: Human (Chondathan)
Height 6'2"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Long, raven-black
Facial Hair Style: No facial hair

Personality Profile:

Outlook: Quiet, solemn, aloof. Ammon is a loner and usually enjoys the company of no one but his sword.
General Health: Strong, healthy
Deity: Tyr, Faithless, Helm
Initial Alignment: Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Good
Profession: Cadet, Squire, Watchknight of the Everwatch Knights of Helm
Base Class & Proposed Development: Fighter, then Paladin (after redemption)
Habits/Hobbies: Sharpening his sword at a campfire with a whetstone.
Languages: Common, Chondathan
Weapon of Choice: His father's bastard sword: The Flaming Blade of House Wulf

Background:

He is originally from Phlan. Once a Knight of the Merciful Sword, Ammon fell from grace when he committed mutiny against the knighthood, and particularly the Knight Captain, concerning Tyr's mercy and justice. During the midst of a great battle against the Zhentarim and in the ensuing chaos, Ammon then ran him through with his sword. He was tried before a court, placed in prison, then exiled a number of years later. He was also stripped of his title by The Waiting, Tyr's holy temple in Phlan. His faith in The Just God and the knighthood were dust in the wind. Travelling to Amn with nothing but his father's sword, he was a rag-tag warrior, a mere shadow of his former self. One night, in a dream, he saw himself upon the battlefield of a great war, and when the battle was over he was victorious. Everyone around him was dead, and within the midst of bodies and blood, he saw a banner of Helm, waving in the sunlight. When he woke up the next morning he decided to visit the temple of Helm in Nashkel. Be it by fate, he ran into the Knights of Everwatch there. After some discussion, they opened their doors to him. It was the calling of Helm, the sigil of redemption, and the path of a paladin.

Goals: To fulfill his duties to the Everwatch, and to serve The God of Guardians with all his mind, body, soul, and spirit.

Possible Plot-Hook Ideas and Misc Facts: He could run into other members of his old knighthood - The Merciful Sword, in Baldur's Gate. Or he could receive a letter from The Waiting back in Phlan, stating that his exile was terminated and that he may one day visit home.
Last edited by Darksaber on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Watchknight Ammon Wulf - Exiled Knight of Tyr's Merciful Sword, Redeemed Paladin of Helm
Darksaber

Re: Ammon Wulf - The Path of Redemption

The Knighting of Ammon Wulf

31st of Marpenoth, 1354 DR
Hidden: show
Ammon steps foot onto Amnian soil for the first time, after many months of traveling from Phlan.
4th of Uktar, 1354 DR
The battle of Tymount takes place. Ammon assists in defending the walls against invading trolls and devils.
7th of Uktar, 1354 DR
The Everwatch Knights recruit Ammon into their ranks. He is sworn in at the temple of Helm in Nashkel as a Cadet.
16th of Uktar, 1354 DR
Sovereignty returns to Beregost. Ammon and the Everwatch Knights are summoned to the ceremony enacted by Sir Kelddath Ormlyr of Lathander.
22nd of Uktar, 1354 DR
The path of a paladin calls to Ammon. He takes the vows of redemption to walk as a Squire to the Everwatch.
5th of Deepwinter, 1355 DR
After a long patrol spanning the Trade Way between Nashkel and the High Moor, Ammon is knighted to the rank of Watchknight outside the gates of Soubar by Head Watchknight Wai Li.
Last edited by Darksaber on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Watchknight Ammon Wulf - Exiled Knight of Tyr's Merciful Sword, Redeemed Paladin of Helm
Darksaber

Ammon Wulf's Theme

Last edited by Darksaber on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Darksaber

Updated - 12/5/2018
  • Added screenshot of Ammon kneeling in the temple of Helm in Baldur's Gate.
  • Fixed the color scheme of the original post.
Updated - 1/7/2019
  • Added The Knighting of Ammon Wulf.
  • Added "Ammon Wulf's Theme."

Return to “Character Biographies”