Dalo's Cast of Characters

Your characters' general information and background/origin should go here.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Dalo's Cast of Characters

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Soooo, yeah, my signature is bursting at the seams now. And since I like having some kind of character list in it, this seemed like an obvious choice.

I'm not going to write full bios in this thread; characters which have those will have a link to the full bio. The only stuff that goes here is a brief summary of the character.

Shali Menner - A Hapless Sorceress
Hidden: show
"I didn't start casting spells until a couple of months ago, and now I'm burning down villages. *pause* … Metaphorically. I haven't started any fires that big. Yet. And hopefully I won't. You know, ever. *pause* … At least not in a village."
"You inspire naught but confidence, Shali."

- Shali Menner on her rapidly developing powers, and Isabella Villame's response
A young brass half-dragon from the vicinity of Waterdeep. Shali was initially eager to learn more about her magical talents and use them to help people, but as time progresses, she is becoming increasingly discouraged by her many failings, as well as the fact that her heritage is pushing her towards the fringes of society.

Of late, she's been spending a lot of time back home with her family, resting and relaxing after a deeply demoralizing conflict with the orcish archer known as "Shamble".

Ollandor Ilvanthis - The Tactless Scholar
"You can call me Akram, I am skilled in the arts of conjuration, transmutation, illusion and enchantment."
"*gives a polite nod* For once, I believe I can sincerely claim it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Ollandor Ilvanthis, mage and cleric of Azuth; seeker, keeper, and interpreter of lore."
"Ahh. It seems you and I pay homage to similar powers then. The Lord of Magic is known to me."
"Illusions aside, it is not every day that I encounter one with whom I may have an... intellectually stimulating conversation."

- The mage known as Akram exchanges introductions with Ollandor Ilvanthis
A somewhat insufferable moon elf mage/cleric of Azuth, Ollandor travels throughout the world not because of any great fondness for travel and adventure, but because he deems it necessary. Without the will and the ability to pursue knowledge to all corners of Toril and beyond, Ollandor reasons, one cannot truly claim to be studying a topic. As such, although his frail physique would certainly favour sequestering himself in a well-stocked library, he has grudgingly become something of an adventurer.

However, having lost the resources with which he had originally intended to conduct his research on the Sword Coast, Ollie is a little stuck. Before he can continue his studies, he must first forge partnerships, acquire sponsors, and generally restore his ability to move around the region safely.

Siril Alenor - The Beacon of Illefarn
"There is little to be gained by wasting our strength fighting amongst ourselves, and for the moment, the Thayans are our allies. Whether it remains that way is better left to them."
"Yer better be a daft joker now, prick-ear, I swear. *snarls*
"... Neighbours, maybe. Allies? Eeeeeeeh."
"Do we not have a common enemy? I do not mean to say we should be careless in our dealings with them, only that we have nothing to gain by minor acts of hostility such as this."

- Siril Alenor, Jalib and Isabella Villame, shortly after the latter shoo the Red Wizard Azymandeus Faustus away from the campfire outside the Friendly Arm
A somewhat naïve moon elf fighter from the city of Suldanessellar, Siril has but one goal in life: To create a worthy successor to the fallen kingdom of Illefarn. He does not know how to achieve this, nor does he entirely know what it will look like. He does not entirely realize that there were other empires with some of the traits he admires in Illefarn, such as Cormanthyr, nor does he know that the symbolism in which he shrouds his actions and equipment have very little real connection to the fallen realm. Nevertheless, he presses on, secure in his belief that this is the right thing to do.

In his travels across the Sword Coast, Siril seeks to build a reputation of honor, fairness and integrity, both for himself and the kingdom whose principles he believes to be upholding. Some day, he is certain that that reputation may prove integral to achieving his ultimate goal...

Silia Evrine - The Fallen Matron
Drow female - Former Lolthite matron of House Evrine in Menzoberranzan. Now secretly-Kiaransallite wannabe matron of House Evrine in Sshamath.

Mainda Fennemen (Anna) - The Wandering Con Artist
Prominent aliases: Celine Watters, Anella Galler, Glena Vittis, Anna

Human female - A wandering con artist turned treasure hunter occasionally seen on the Sword Coast. Tries to get ahead using her wits, good looks, and bardic talents.

Hugishnak Tenck - The Noble Berserker
Half-orc male - A shaman in the service of Uthgar, Hugishnak Tenck never shies away from battle. Or glory. Especially glorious battle.

Vichan Sterr - The Ailing Lab Potato
Human male - Disfigured and disillusioned, this decrepit mage is younger than he looks, and unscrupulous in his pursuit of ways to repair his broken body... and perhaps attain immortality along the way.

Fon Frihzes - The Frostlord
Water genasi male - A Northern sorcerer with a deep fondness for (and limited comprehension of) the goddess Auril, Fon thinks the world would be so much more beautiful encased in ice and snow. Everyone who says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about.

Mard Fettian - The Black Spinster
"I need to see your bedsheets. The bedsheets of Stonebook."
"*lightly* ... Not sure Winthrop will rent to a crazy man. But I'm willing to let you try."
*facepalms* "I don't need oblivion."
"Well. Don't cut up any bedsheets. We need those."
"I need bedsheets for vision. To see the stream of my mending." *gestures to the keep* "Stonebook overflows with bedsheets. I am overturned."
"Ah. You mean a book?"
*nods* "Bedsheets. And pillows."
"Yes. Sane people call them books."

- Mard Fettian and Isabella Villame, as the former requests access to the Candlekeep library
Human male - A refugee from the Dragonspear devil invasion, Mard made an ill-advised pact with a fey shortly after his village was destroyed. The good news: He can defend himself and others now. The bad news: Nobody except him understands a word he's saying (or writing). Oh, and the devils are all gone.

Kana Tannard - A Would-Be Knight
Human female - Another displaced refugee, Kana had already grown up hearing tales of heroic knights and noble paladins, and was training in the hopes of someday becoming a paladin of Helm when her village was destroyed. Now a squire in the Radiant Heart, she continues to pursue her dream... but can a farmhand think like a paladin?

Cald Hanicen - Nature's Sentinel
Half-elf male - Generic elven ranger #39578589. Honestly, I don't know.

Ilhara Evrine (Savrine) - The Lost Refugee
Drow female - An increasingly overt Eilistraeen, self-appointed guardian of Rockrun, Guide of the Underdark, Silia's younger sister, and one of the only survivors of House Evrine. Also a jaded, increasingly bitter and workaholic sort-of-Daggerspell-apprentice occasionally going by "Savrine".

Considerably less jaded and workaholic in the wake of the Time of Troubles. Only a handful of people fully understand why.

Amaetha Saelith - Healer of the Wood
Wood elf female - Cormanthan druidess who occasionally visits the Sword Coast to resolve crises. Prefers to meditate, heal things, and commune with nature, but some people just can't stop messing with the natural order...

Vilmar Dall - The Forlorn Transmuter
Half-elf male - A shut-in Waterdhavian mage with direly belated doubts about his lifestyle. Bitter, insular, and just miserable all around.

Lamir Marna - Lord of Cosmic Power
Human male - Generic evil monk #857219. I dunno.

Jando Flomen - The Swashbuckling Hero
Half-elf male - A wandering swashbuckler from Smuggler's Stone. His trusty rapier seldom leaves his side.

Caili Wender - The Adventurous Heiress
Human female - The frail but brave heiress of the Wender merchant family from Waterdeep, Caili strives to use her magic, swift reflexes, and mercantile knowledge to make the world a better place. So far, she's mostly just managed to inadvertently bring her parents to the brink of bankruptcy.

Berred Notter - The Cleansing Flame
Human male - A Tamaran paladin and dragonblooded sorcerer, this valiant knight specializes in exploding villains.

Pixanie - The Avatar of Accidental Mayhem
"Can you write? Like write words?"
"Do not know what is, so maybe not?"
"*sighs and pulls out a random piece of parchment with some text on it* Can you make these lines on this paper? *points to the text*"
"Ehh... maybe! *starts charging a low-intensity eldritch blast, clearly planning on zapping the paper*"
"Oh no darhling don't do that! *whips the paper away before it's damaged*"
"Then how make black lines?"
"No, the answer is no, you don't know how to write. *sighs*"
"*smiles* Okay! Do not know what lines mean, either."

- Netanya and Pixanie, on the latter's illiteracy
Human female - A perpetually oblivious young warlock, believed to have been raised by fey as part of a pact made by her parents. Not quite right in the head, and pacifistic to a fault, but remarkably resilient and consistently well-meaning.

Nelee Aseph - The Anxious Silverstar
Air genasi female - A self-doubting Selunite acolyte from Amn, training to become a Silverstar.

Saman Arna - The Devilish Trickster
Tiefling male - Thief. Street urchin. Only out for himself. Oh, and he stole a spellbook once.

Virin Swifteye (Dae) - The Lost Thief
"Virin, um... Will you shoot me if I say wandering thief?"
"You're more of a capricious scoundrel, Vee."
"I mean, I guess I've stopped with the thieving since I joined up with these two, but..."
"... Let us suppose I will not."
"Okay! Nice to get that out of the way! Um, speaking of which... I'm kinda in the middle of something here?"

- Virin, halfling ex-necromancer Frin Falenfold, and wood elven ranger Daelan Ravenborn, after the elf interrupted Virin's bath at arrowpoint
Human female - An ex-insomniac, ex-burglar from Zazesspur. Her life stopped making sense a good while ago. Used to go by "Dae" before remembering her real name.

Rinn Valner - The Shapeless Demon
Tiefling female - Capricious, shapeshifting, and dangerous, with one or more bones to pick with almost everyone - especially sailors and the other denizens of the Lower City. Fairly obviously descended from a succubus or incubus, and doesn't bother hiding it.

Surprisingly happily retired in Cormyr with the Bedine marksman Dalian Ammon (or whatever surname he used after his last RCR... :roll:), but might come back around to the Coast at some point if she feels like it.

Linathyl Selmiyeritar - The Ascendant Gladiator
Drow female - Originally a mediocre (albeit talented) gladiator and self-taught minor mage working at Maggot's Mug in the Darkwoods District, Lin was forced to rapidly develop her skills to defend herself after being wrongly accused of cheating by a mid-level Ha'rol gangster. After reaching a point where the Ha'rols could no longer credibly threaten her, she started applying her newfound skills to adventuring outside the city... only to end up catalyzing the rebirth of House Selmiyeritar, and establishing herself as the First Blade - Selmiyeritar's second-in-command. Eventually, the near-disappearance of her newfound matron drove her to take charge, informally at first, before proclaiming herself the new matron of Selmiyeritar.

The semi-overt Vhaeraunite now dreams of advancing Selmiyeritar to the undisputed lords of the Sshamathan Upperdark outpost of Undrek Naudal, elevating herself further by elevating her new home...

Aeryn Faer - The Homesick Survivalist
Half-drow female - Once a half-drow hermit secretly raised near a village in the Dalelands, Aeryn was captured by drow raiders sometime before the Time of Troubles and sold into slavery. Seizing an opportunity in the chaos of the Godswar, she eventually killed her mistress and wandered the Underdark looking for a way home, finally being "recaptured" on the outskirts of Sshamath.

Now studying bladework with the Selmiyeritar fencer "Velve" and magic under Sshamathan conjurer Enakid, Aeryn hopes to someday see her mother and home forest again... but she's also growing to enjoy a world where she needn't hide from every sapient being she encounters...

Aela Lathyaan - The Resentful Evoker
"Show him this is not the way. Show him that there is hope and beauty and life to pursue. Just as will be shown to you."
"Show him this is not the way. Show him that it is the fate of all to join oblivion. Just as will be shown to you."
"How quick you are to offer now. Just a few minutes too late... Hmph. You may yet have me, in the end... but you know me better than most. I have a petty, vindictive streak, and so many reasons to resent you. Mother. Father. Rynn. *Her attention shifts to the Lady of Mysteries.* I don't know how I can show anyone much of anything anymore, least of all when I don't know it myself... but I'm feeling spiteful enough to try, if you still wish it.

- Mystra and Shar's offers to Aela's not-quite-disembodied-yet spirit, and her decision
Half-sun elf female - A powerful evoker taught at Arkhen's Invocatorium in Silverymoon. Raised by her elven father's family after her parents' deaths, Aela is a font of sarcasm and a raging whirlwind of conflicting emotions - most of them somehow hateful of something. Elves are too arrogant and dismissive; non-elves are too weak and flawed, when they aren't outright monstrous; and Aela herself seldom recognizes the ways she embodies all the worst aspects she hates in everyone else.

After the death of Aelrynn Valdrick, Aela's despair took away her sanity, her power, and even the will to live. But in a bizarre series of encounters with another broken spirit - the half-celestial knight then known as Castus the Fallen - Aela died, and was brought back with a renewed purpose: Healing the fallen Mystran paladin. Will she herself learn whatever lessons she is meant to impart upon her former executioner, or will this quest be her last...?

Gurzhuk - The Indestructible Berserker
Mountain orc male - Little needs to be said of Gurzhuk. A fearsome orcish berserker, wielding his blade with reckless abandon like so many of his kind. The difference? Gurzhuk still lives. This mountainous brute does not yet know how to die, nor does he care to learn. All he wants is to do battle in the name of Gruumsh, and prove once and for all that orcish ferocity will always triumph over the magical trickery of the weaker races.

Zeila Linepret - The Enigmatic Expatriate
Mulani female - This young wanderer claims to be from Mulhorand, and her clumsy attempts at Common are certainly fit for a lowly peasant from that faraway land. But she is crafty, skilled with her daggers, and incredibly far from home for one such as herself. What mysteries may lie underneath her charming exterior? One may only guess, for now...
Last edited by DaloLorn on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Re: Dalo's Cast of Characters

Added short blurbs to all character entries that didn't already have summaries. Also updated Shali's summary and gave Virin a new quote.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Added an entry for Linathyl. Also updated entries for Ilhara, Virin, and Rinn to account for RP developments. (It's been like half a year since Vee's insomnia was cured, and her memories have come all the way back by now!)
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Finally got around to adding entries for Aeryn and Aela.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Updated entries for Lin and Aela, and added long-overdue entries for Gurzhuk and Zeila.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk

Return to “Character Biographies”