Ashenie Darakh ~ Caretaker of Ilmater

Your characters' general information and background/origin should go here.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Ashenie
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ashenie »

๐–˜๐•ฟ๐•พ๐“ฃ๐•ฐ๐•ฝ ๐“๐•พ๐•ณ๐•ฐ๐•น๐•ฟ๐•ฐ
๐“’๐–†๐–—๐–Š๐–™๐–†๐“ด๐–Š๐–— ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฟ๐–‘๐–’๐–†๐–™๐–Š๐–—

v ๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Those informations may be found in Baldur's Gate city registers]
z Name : Ashenie, Aphaen, Eleashyn DARAKH
z Origins : Lost lands of Narfell, Lake Ashane
z Birth :16th Night of The Time of Flowers (Kythorn), Year of the Wanderer (1338 DaleReckoning) ~ Likely during Moondark Heart's Hour (Around 2 AM)
z Zodiac :The Chamaleon, Third Decan (Formerly known as The Gorgon)
z Ethnicity : Damaran
  • "Damarans see life as a series of unending
    challenges to be overcome, many of them legacies
    of the hubris of long-fallen empires."
    • Races of Faerun, page 88
[Those informations may be read in the Temple of Ilmater]
z Guiding Deity: Ilmater in the Triadic Faith & His Saints
  • Devotion for Saint Jasper
  • Devotion for Saint Merielle
  • Devotion for Zaphkiel
z Service Status:
  • Revered Sister of the Ilmatari Faith in Baldur's Gate Shrine of Suffering;
  • Caretaker in the Orphanage of Mercy
  • Nurse in the Infirmary in Baldur's Gate Shrine of Suffering
z Known Affiliations : Church of Ilmater; Sisterhood of Saint Jasper of the Rocks
  • "Sisters of St. Jasper of the Rocks are a rarity in the Ilmatari religion. They are exclusively female. St. Jasper was a cleric that saved many women and babies from death during childbirth. Most of these women are descendants of those whom St. Jasper saved. They have formed a (mainly) hereditary sisterhood that concerns itself more with easing female suffering than general suffering. The Sisters believe that females share an even greater burden of the world's suffering since it is females who bring life into the world. A blue lily is used as the symbol of their sect." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Those informations may be percieved when the character is on sight]
z Holy Symbol : A crafted stone hangs around her neck, tied by a rough piece of ageless cord. The rock has been polished and crafted into a magnificent work of precision. A craved lily circles the locket . The heart of the locket shelters an unusual depiction of two hands bound together with a cord: one is frail and the other strong. Four engraved scenes of compassion have been engraved upon the locket, each of them seemingly representing a virtue. Only a closer inspection would reveal further details.

z Silhouette : Puny and small for a human female
z Hair: Light golden blonde
z Eyes : Heterochromia : One Green and one Blue
  • "Beware of The Eye of the Witch,
    spying preys through the mismatched
    wells of virgin eyes!"
    • Old Women's tale of Narfell

[Those informations may be read in Ashenie's diary, in the Temple of Ilmater]
v ๐•ท๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐•ฑ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
z ๐“ฃ๐–๐–Š ๐•พ๐–™๐–†๐–—๐–˜๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–“
Hidden: show
Almarea90 wrote: โ†‘Sun May 23, 2021 5:55 pm Astral Portent for Sister Ashenie
by Scribe Edelgarde Spades, 21st of Mirtul 1357 DR

Preliminary Divination

In order to discern exact birth sign for Sister Ashenie, I employed a cantrip devised by Priestess Aeili Azenci called Detect Birthsign. Once the unique sign for her was assessed, I provided to calculate the luminaries positions in respect of the constellation and obtained the following reading:

Sun in the second decan of Velessea
Moon in the second decan of Velessea
Anadia in the third decan of the Serpent, trine with Coliar, sextile with Chandos
Coliar third decan of the Triton, opposed to Chandos
Karpi second decan of the Chameleon
Chandos in the third decan of the Lion
The constellations of Tassabryl, Chalice and Throne in the middle are also visible.
The reading showed also something akin to a comet, but further investigation revealed this was instead the passage of the Eye of Misfortune.
Further examination of the sky maps of Candlekeep showed the presence of Cassima as well.

Sun and Moon

It is easy to see the two luminaries converging on the same position. This marks the New Moon, whose interpretation is provided by Priestess Azenci:
1. New Moon - The dark phase at the beginning of the lunar month when the Sun and Selune are in conjunction. It is a time for planning and formulation.
The fact that the two luminaries are on the same constellation, makes its aspects of great importance for Sister Ashenie. In fact, they both rest on the constellation of Velessea, defined by Aeili as follows:
Associated Dates: 22nd Nightal until 20th of Hammer.
Birthstone: Jasper
Planetary Ruler: Chandos
Element: Earth
Elemental Deity: Grumbar
Associated Deities: Ilmater, Shaundakul.

Significations: Defense, repulsion of enemies, unification with allies, protecting the vunerable, withstanding evil and tyranny, perseverence, perpetuity, exploration, knowledge of geography, cartography.
Interpretation: It is clear Ashenie is a charitable soul dedicated to protecting the vulnerable. The fact this constellation is associated to Ilmater hints to her strong faith.

Coliar, Chandos and Anadia

The reading shows the chief luminary Coliar on the third decan of the Triton. Aeili provides the following definition for this chief luminary:
Element: Air
Elemental Deity: Akadi
Other Associated Deities: Azuth, Mystra, Gond, Oghma, Mask, Brandobaris, Erevan Ilesere.

Significations: Freedom, perseverence, travel, wilderness, trickery, illusion, deception, lawlessness, problem-solving, wisdom, philosophy, invention.
And then proceeds with the Triton:
Associated Dates: 20th of Alturiak until the 20th of Ches.
Birthstone: Crystal
Planetary Ruler: Karpri
Element: Water
Elemental Deity: Istishia
Associated Deities: Umberlee, Valkur

Significations: Risk-taking, escaping danger, managing unpredictability, meeting challenges, capriciousness, volatility, seafaring, storms, trials, troubles, respect for divine forces or nature.
Coliar is opposed to Chandos, that rests on the constellation of the Lion. Chandos is defined as follows:
Element: Earth
Elemental Deity: Grumbar
Other Associated Deities: Tyr, Dumathoin, Labelas Enoreth.

Significations: Order, lawkeeping, stability, endurance, reliability, defined limits, changelessness, devotion.
While the Lion is described with the following definition:
Associated Dates: 23rd Flamerule until 22nd Eleasias.
Birthstone: Diamond
Planetary Ruler: Sun
Element: Fire
Elemental Deity: Kossuth
Associated Deities: Nobanion, Siamorphe.

Significations: Leadership, honour, nobility, noble behaviour, beneificence, lawfulness, sociability, order, self sacrifice, responsibility, resource management, fairness, cooperation, compassion, harmony, tolerance, bards, knowledge, genealogies, lineage & titles, service, role-model, excellence.
Coliar and Chandos are opposed, which is an unfavorable alignment that would therefore reinforce their negative traits:

- Deception, lawlessness for Coliar, further reinforced by capriciousness and volatility of the Triton.
- Defined limits, changelessness for Chandos, further reinforced by the orderly traits of the Lion's constellation.

The two chief luminaries are one trine and one sextile with Anadia. Being those two favourable alignments, the positive attributes of all the three of them are drawn forward.

- Freedom, perseverance and problem solving for Coliar, further enhanced by the positive aspects of the Triton, escaping danger, managing unpredictability, meeting challenges.
- Order, lawkeeping, stability, endurance and reliability for Chandos, further enhanced by the positive aspects of the Lion, self sacrifice, fairness and nobility.

Anadia is defined by Priestess Azenci as follows:
Element: Fire
Elemental Deity: Kossuth
Other Associated Deities: Garagos, Tempus, Tyr, Gruumsh, Solonor Thelandira.

Significations: Courage, survival, combat, battle, ruthlessness, cruelty, rage, manipulation of force or strength.
Since she is in favourable alignment with the other two luminaries, we must consider its positive aspects: courage and survival. Anadia, however, is on the third decan of the Serpent, which has very negative aspects as explained by Aeili:
Associated Dates: 24th Marpenoth until 22nd Uktar.
Birthstone: Emerald
Planetary Ruler: Karpri
Associated Deities: Tiamat, Garagos, Talos, Hoar, Malar, Beshaba , Talona, Loviatar, Gargauth.

Significations: Domination, control, tyranny, greed, selfishness, hoarding, war, fury, bloodlust, destruction, orcs, inciting terror, barbarians, trickery, storms, murder, subversion, rebellion, corruption, bitterness, sadism, misfortune, disasters, poison, pain, disease, torture, torment, despair, depravity.
Interpretation: Anadia on the Serpent represents what Sister Ashenie faced and what she opposes with courage: sadism, pain, disease, torment and despair. Its alignment with Coliar and Chandos represents her conciliatory role and mediation between very different group of people that would likely conflict. Her ability to unite them and prevent conflict. This also resonates with the previously discussed aspect of Velessea: unification with allies.

Karpi

Karpi is in the second decan of the Chameleon and is defined as follows:
Other Associated Deities: Sune, Eldath, Sharess, Rillifane Rallathil

Significations: Beauty, love, life-force, passion, nurture, care, attachment, connectedness.
While the Chameleon has the following description:
Associated Dates: 22nd Mirtul until 21st Kythorn
Birthstone: Selenite
Planetary Ruler: Coliar
Element: Air
Elemental Deity: Akadi
Associated Deities: Mask, Brandobaris, Uthgar

Significations: Scheming, plotting, treachery, deception, darkness, stealth, disguise, secrets, espionage, larceny, lawlessness, intrigue, sophistry, subtlety, misdirection, manipulations, subterfuge, illusions, luck, halflings, risk-taking, adventure, travel, mischief, pranks, humour, sensual pleasure, hedonism, shamanism, hunting, dislike for arcane magic.
Interpretation: These two seemingly opposite elements leave room to various interpretation.
- At first I thought this might have been a reference to Ashenie's mother (nurturing and caring) opposed to the cult that had her captive and perverted the very concept of motherhood.
- This chief luminary might refer to the figure of pure light who held Ashenie and her mother captive and we suspect might be deceiving others by pretending to be the Lady of the Lake, a motherly figure who takes care of unwanted children.
- The third interpretation was given by Ashenie herself and is related to her role as midwife: someone who acts like a mother but never gave birth.

Other Constellations

Three constellations external to the Zodiac were revealed, and a fourth one was present in the sky maps: Tassabryl, Chalice, Throne and Cassima. I could find a study of Tassabryl and Throne in the volumes of The Celestial Sky of Faerun, written by an anonymous author and recovered from Ulcaster Ruins. The Chalice required a more in depth research in the library.
Legends speak of a beautiful princess that lived in some long ago kingdom. Deemed the most beautiful woman in Faerun, this vain and rash creature dared to boast herself even more beautiful than Sune, goddess of love and beauty. To punish the foolish woman, Sune cursed her; the woman would still be deemed beautiful by everyone who saw her, except for the woman's true love, who would find her hideous and repulsive. In the end, after being spurned by the one man her heart desired, the princess threw herself into the sea, never to be seen again. Especially vain or foolish people (especially women) are still referred to today in certain parts of Faerun as "Tassabryl's Children."
Interpretation: again, the hubris showed by Tassabryl might be a representation of the "figure of pure light" who kept Ashenie prisoner in her early years. It is also worth mentioning that Tassabryl threw herself into the sea, while this figure is likely related to the Lake Ashene.
The Chalice is a very minor star belt in the sky, inclined as a cup. Ancient text refer as the Chalice as Chebelos, or even "The Ordalin". "The Ordalin" can figure as a mytic cup associated with the Ilmatari Order of the Golden Cup. From this constellation would the Golden Chalice of Saint Ra'az draw a powerful healing source, only drinkable once by souls devoted to benevolence. The ancient texts indicate that "Chebelos" has a very important role in the Heavens, much like a Chalice could be a symbol of leadership, power or wisdom in the myriad of artefacts royalty is depicted with, and this, despite its very small and minor aspect. When reversed, a chalice could symbolize poison.
Interpretation: It is clear the faith of Ilmater is central in the life of Ashenie and many ilmateri order intertwine with her story. This might also hint to the Order of the Golden Cup being involved somehow.
In ancient Narfell, the Throne was known as The Altar, and represented the altar upon which sacrifices were made to their dark gods. The name is still in use today by their descendants, the Nars, even if the sacrifices aren't.
Interpretation: Ashenie was born in a place that in ancient days hosted the Narfell empire, but there might be more to this than the geographical position of her place of birth. This portent might confirm our suspects that the cultist group that held her captive might in fact follow the same costumes of the ancient empire, to the extent of trying to generate an heir, as hinted in the documents found in the library. It is worth mentioning the central position of this constellation.

About Cassima, the following script written by an anonymous monk of Deneir explains the story behind this constellation:
Cassimma shines bright in full moon, and its radiance wanes with new moons. This wondrous story is one of truth, of a woman believed to be a witch. The young woman, name Cassima, was beautiful and fair, damning a foul by her sole presence. One believed her bewitching charms was the result of obscure magics. She was hunted and convinced of witchcraft, and burnt for the sake of obscure beliefs. As the flames licked her, the silver hand of Selune reached Cassima, and the flames shrouded her. From their union, a bird of flame took flight, a majestic Phoenix that could sometimes be seen across the skies. It is said that when Cassima shines at the brightest, pure soul unjustly accursed can meet the brid of flames, and see their sorrow lifed. The bird was then allowed to join the Heavens, adorning the vault with a new star : Cassima.
Interpretation: Ashenie believes herself cursed and many people in her childhood believed so as well. This constellation might be a hint to her being unjustly feared "for the sake of obscure beliefs". She is the pure soul unjustly accursed and Cassima is the hope of seeing her curse lifted.

The Eye of Misfortune

What we thought was a comet at first, was in fact one of the strangest astral phenomena ever witnessed. Scholars define the Eye of Misfortune as follows:
Shaundral is often an omen of mistfortune, disaster, and suffering. As it shines bright with a faint red glow, it is rumored that a great harm is about to come. Shaundral is not a common heavenly body : its erractic and unpredictable moves have been studied for many years without a clear explanation. It can stay in one place over a year and then move suddenly. Some call it "The Eye of Beshaba", while more ancient texts refers it as "The pulse of the Abyss". Also called "The Drifting Star', its influence is often controvsered between Beshaba, The Maiden of Misfortune, and Shaundakul, the Merciful Hand.

This is not a planet, nor a common heavenly body. Its consistency is lacking. What it truely is remains a mystery.
Shaundral can eclipse another star when it shines bright.
Interpretation: It is unclear if this disgrace heralded by the Eye of Misfortune is yet to happen or it already has, although we hope for the latter. For the purpose of this portent, the Drifting Star is likely a symbol for the Eye of the Witch, a condition that according to the people Ashenie grew up with, afflicts her. Needless to say, this is a very negative sign.
The Starsign has been drawn by Edelgarde Spades and Lucia of Candlekeep
z ๐“ฃ๐–๐–Š ๐•ท๐–†๐–˜๐–™ ๐“Ÿ๐–”๐–Š๐–’
"For each brath taken, a new hope fostered, until dawn comes bright to shine through fear and darkness..."

"Listen my child, come close to me..."

Her motherly arms attempted to wrap me, but those heavy cold steel chains bit her right in the wrists. They were keeping us apart, close enough to barely feel the touch, long enough to endure the distance.

"Save your tears... there is no need to cry. Breathe... each time you do, you will foster a new hope"

I remained frozen, held close in the imaginary embrace of her warmth that I felt once. She told me I was cold. And I have always been, as if itย was part of the essence of my soul. Her voice as gentle as a caress was trembling. I remained withdrawn, close to the wall that kept me safe... or perhaps was this wall a dooming guardian.

She begun to sing anย old damaran poem:

"Three companions sailed upon the sea of stars, sailed upon a golden vessel.
They walked long from the lands afar, a enduring and painfulย travel.
"Where do you lead, fair mates? The voice came from a dragon in the skies.
"We lead in the Halls of Justice", answered the elder, watching further.
"We sail upon the sea of virtue to bring swift Judgment", answered the other.
His youth gentle, his heart of gold, he reached his sword, and watched the heights.
The third kept quiet. His arms broken, his body wounded, he watched the dragon.
"Where we lead does not matter. The journey is long, and we intend to make it safer.
Stay with us for as long as you need. Rest and mend. We hope for you to reach further."
The dragon welcome fed and rested, befriended the three companions,
And soon announced. "I am to fish the golden star of fairness, shining bright in darkness,
My nest are made of gold and silver, my intention is to bring it back to your Halls."
ย The elder is a head full of thoughts, dreams and ideals. His eyes watch the horizon.
The youngest is a heart full of courage, paragonย of virtue. He keeps watch in the night.
The wounded is a pair of caring hands. He keeps safe, warm, and bright.
The dragon is the kindest of believers, whose soul is pledged to the cause of Justice.
Now close your eyes as mother sings the wonders of this land,
And you will see treasures and wonders, even where the three companions fished,
And the dragon will take you home. Care, believe, and dream..."

I closed my eyes while she told the old tale of the three companions. Something thick and wet was over me, over my head. I could not open my eyes. It hurt. Something... hurt. Her voice hushed, and while I still believed she was there, only her shawl was left on my shoulders. I could not turn back to watch her. Around my neck, hung a heavy stone... The one the woman brought to her.

And there she was, this woman, lying on the floor, her hands holding a piece of ageless cord so tightly. Her eyes revered another sky... far beyond our reality. She was no more.
z ๐“ฃ๐–๐–Š ๐•พ๐–ˆ๐–—๐–Š๐–†๐–’๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐•พ๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–‘
"Sentenced to remember for those who fell for me, freedom may only unchain in grave's womb."

It was a long, burning fragment of steel that would forever trepan my mind. My nights are filled with those sounds, the loud clashes of steel echoing in the dark, the soft effraction of sharp blade whispering in the flesh, entwined with those unforgettable squeaks of pain. Shivering in exhaustion, she was there, unable to endure, unwilling to share.

My head was bent down, as it always ought to be. Her blood stained the heavy, mocking chains that kept us from escaping. I remember their bite, so tightly crushing our joints. They were so heavy, too heavy... And the shadows around... Would we have had this strength to escape, even without restrictions? I wonder why we were kept here.
The air was heavily colored with the scent of a strange brew. The musk of blood kept my head spinning in constant darkness, fertilized with mold spores. The air was lacking. I keep hearing her chest struggling to recover from strain, to catch her breath after they left. It could not find fresh air, only absorbing volutes of rot and moisture that the old stones kept nurturing.

"You always have... to remember... darling... Keep... breathing. Even if you... believe you cannot... breath, so it... is all better. Breathing is magic"

Despite pain, her voice was so sweet when she talked to me. It had the flavor of this disarming charm poets hold secret. The blessing of Lady Firehair upon her skin, green eyes sparkling with pride even when they came. They had wished to honor her bewitching grace by coloring her hair in red. Shame on The Beautiful meant, soon her long golden curls had been covered with thick, and soon dried, blood, for what was left of it. Some locks were scattered on the ground, tickling my feet for some time. I could not see them well... but soon, the game was over.

"Sish-sy, The night comes pale, dilly-lily
Sish-dy, Stars keep us safe, lily-dilly,
Sish-sy, I'll keep yourself warm, dilly-lily,
Sish-dy, Now dream in my arms. lily-dilly,
Sish-dy, sish-sy... oh, dear baby, my lily,
Come to my breast and find some rest.
And find... some... rest."

The lullaby was sweet, whispered in the dark. I could feel her gracious veil stroking my flank. The tender caress of her song keeps lingering in my mind. Why did I not behave? Tears on my cheek, quiet sobs drew their attention. The shadows came. So many, so dark.. and one shadow of pure light. All together, around us. I chewed my tongue, I kept my head low. I could hear a new rain of blows... that only stopped when they reached the wall.

"A wicked womb has to pay. Sweet deception... but a mother has to be creative, right? What a shame... oh ,what a shame. It could have been so much better, if you gave us a son."

The voice was almost playful. Overly attempting to seduce, she pondered among the dark shadows. She whispered.

"But do not worry... I have this blessing you seek.... I will care for you. Equinox will come soon..."

I kept trying to hide among the stones of the wall, as if they could eat me... forever. She was there, hanging in the dark, while the shadow of light kept her from making any sound. New bloodied strands of hair fell on the ground, adding to the disgrace. I keep hearing those muffled screams, almost unheard. She was crying, trembling. She had no strength to fight. And I did nothing... I did nothing.

"What a pity! It seems you are not ready... I will have to make you behave. Your womb is wicked, dear... we have to heal it, right? So the baby could be stronger than this worthless shame. ... Yes, I see you agree there. I see that light in your eyes."

A flash of light blinded me, while steel screamed. A long, powerful blade was handed to the white shadow. It was radiating with the warmth of something unknown. It was a licking warmth, invasive, burning... harassing flesh ans minds around. Tiny fairies must have left their dust upon it, for it was shimmering with strange glows. They even wrote something on the blade. Or perhaps was that the marking of shadows? They said she could not undo the pain. They said she would need to break the blade... and she could not.

"Now, you pride falls, wicked womb. He fell for you, and you will feel for him. Ready, are we? We are going to heal it... to fuse it... to let it embrace the whole mystery of creation!"

Blood dripped from her arms. Her flesh was burnt, the wounds deep to the bones. "Wicked womb". It had been scarred on her flesh with bloody letters. They were taking her away, and I must have beared witness of this last moment. She would never return. I did nothing, I said nothing, I let her go. The chains mocked me for my weakness. They would not let me go, and they kept laughing. She needed me... and I stayed in the dark. Until dawn.
z ๐“ฃ๐–๐–Š ๐“Ÿ๐–†๐–™๐– ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ท๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™
"Blinding memories upon the way of dirt, colorsforever anchored upon the ruins left in the shadows of the great fortress, burried where none would reach. Alive, and lifeless, living with hope for a lifetime."

Alone against the mossy wall, darness surrounded me as the echoes of tormenting shadows screamed their drums. The sounds came everywhere, harassing the old stones with their pleading melodies.

"Stop! ... Make him stop please! I...!"

She was in the face of danger. Cries in her voice, strangled in the tears that refused to be shed, and yet powerless. The shadow of her care was caressing me, while the mocking whispers of the chains kept chanting my shame. I bore witness of shadows passing along the torches. The great fortress was so lively, and steps hurried while the drums screamed again.

"He... puppet! Beg... harsher, and you... pleasure and pain.... Hiding... But you ARE a witch...hairless... Pay... crimes... Simulacrum of Love... real male is. ... Behave..."

Incomplete echoes were beating the mossy wall. The high pitched screams were fading under the drums of heavy footsteps. Hushed, as a mummy brushing the floor with bloodied bandages. The door was left open, or... was the locket broken? Shadows came to surround me again. Their whispering torment chanted the doom of the Abyss : those whispers that never cease, and never escape from the prison of my mind. Burried deep, where hands may not find anything but dirt and shame, their scarlet voice melt screams with promises of torment, pleas of help with dead hope. No escape, and no freedom, only the grave to unchain painful memories that did not belong to me. I heard, and always in the silence, they cover the emptiness of the soul.

Something thick and wet was crawling upon me, flicking from above. The shadows around me agitated. The chains screamed, alerting the shadows. The shouted hatred and revenge, before being torn apart. Their bite had left a strange mark around my wrists and ankles. A violet, strangling hue that would not fade. They refused to disappear. But the ground was suddenly pulled away from me. I sensed warmth, strong dark arms sheltering me. I tried to look above his shoulder, but he kept turning my head forward. Without a word, or even a growl.

His heart raced, drums beating his chest with a vigor I never knew. He was running, right down the path of light. A turn, another jump, stairs... that seemed infinite. And he kept turning my head forward. Agitation in his wake, and strange kysts on the floor, blossoming like flowers on the wall. The Abyss screamed. But he did not hear.

"Let... Inside.... ! ... Mine!"

I was thrown up, landing on a strange ground. I only knew the stones so far. These were melting, mud drawing me down. I feared I would never be able to stand anymore. The dim light was blinding, and I could not see. Was he another shadow? I would know what she knew. It was my turn now, and if she can be saved... or just graced from another blow... I would take it. But he did not. The powerful, dark skinned man took me on a beast of burden, one that would carry him away. He was in a hurry, and suddenly, everything went faster.

Colors melted with stones, and flowers. Mists around us tamed the shades with their bright blight. Reflections, hues and clouds melted upon this path of light. I suddenly understood that it was too late. I would never see her again. Not until I could be grown, at least. The more we raced, the more my heart was torn. The ruins behind us were misty now, fading while the colors waned. Was I dead for good...?

Ashenie, in the mists of "The Path of Light"

Last edited by Ashenie on Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:12 am, edited 87 times in total.
โ™ก Sister Ashenie ~ Caretaker of Ilmater

โ˜ฉ Charity & Orphanage Status
Ashenie
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ashenie »

v ๐•ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐•ฐ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ผv
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

z ๐”–๐”ž๐” ๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ก ๐”ณ๐”ฌ๐”ด๐”ฐ

• โš› Vow of Poverty : (I) Vow of Deprivation
    "Leave gross riches and the acquisiton of all but medicine to other."
    (I) Vow of Deprivation, (II) Vow of Indigence , (III) Vow of Misery

Sacred Duty :
    • โ›ง Comprehend the meaning of poverty
    • โ›ง Undergo deprivation for each day
    • โ›ง Act in harmony with poverty
    Riches allowed: Healing, Donations
    Only for Others
    • โš› Vow of Peace : (I) Vow of Non-Violence
      "Help all who hurt, no matter who they are" (I) Vow of Non-Violence, (II) Vow of Altruism, (III) Vow of Compassion

Sacred Duty :
      • โ›ง Comprehend the meaning of Peace
      • โ›ง Do not start nor answer violence
      • โ›ง Follow the path of the Apostles of Peace
      Peace-breaker allowed : Unwilling wounds inflicted, Withdrawing to shelter young creatures
      [Note that I use Parry to avoid mechanic attack. The game sometimes does not allow it to function (Disconnected, retributive attacks...) ~ please bear with me]
      • โš› Vow of Purity : (I) Vow of Morality
        "Emphasize the spiritual nature of Life over the existence of the material body" (I) Vow of Morality, (II) Vow of Integrity, (III) Vow of Sanctum

Sacred Duty :
        • โ›ง Comprehend the meaning of Purity
        • โ›ง Act with dignity regarding common Morality
        • โ›ง Act in harmony with Purity
        Shames allowed : Penances, Sacrament to the dead
        Only followed by the rites of ablution

z โ„œ๐”ข๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ซ๐” ๐”ข ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข โ„‘๐”ฉ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ฆ ๐”‰๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ
      • Pious Oaths :
        • โœถ Oath of Suffrance, Until the Bronze Guardian returns, In honor of Igadol Zymeta, Bronze Guardian of the Coast, In the name of Alexander Calborn, Deceased Paladin of Ilmater
          The Oath of Sufferance took end on the 19th of Ches, 1359, as the Bronze Dragon was brought back to life.
        • โœถ Binding Oath of Purification, With Ser Sean Asen, Until the Souls are freed from The Temple of Murder, In the name of the dead, the lost, and the forsaken, and for all children used there for nefarious purpose, In honor of Mercy & Duty
          The Binding Oath of Purification took end on the 12th of Kythorn, 1358, as the purification of the Temple freed the lost souls trapped below its bloodied floor.
      • Sacred Deeds :
        • โ™ก Care for Children, in honor of Saint Merielle Silene
          • โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Merielle
        • โ™ก Undertake the work of Charity, in honor of Minstrel Hymly
        • โ™ก Cherish the hearth of The Sanctuary, in honor of Ser Sean Asen
          • า‰ ยท Reverence of the Father
          • า‰ ยท Everlasting Sufferance
          • โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Selimbrar
        • โ™ก "Mercy to all, Even the least deserved", in honor of Ser Melissar, deceased
          • โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Sollars The Twice Martyred
        • โ™ก Nurture the unweavering light of Hope, in honor of Guardian Nathan Goldenmane
        • โ™ก Faithful guidance of service, in honor of Brother Rayvat
        • โ™ก See beyond the veil of reality, in honor of Zamari
          • โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Dobla
        • โ™ก Support and care for Protective endeavors, in honor of Ser Alexander Holgart
          • า‰ ยท Drifting Hopes
          • โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Morgan
        • โ™ก Tend the Candle of Courage, in honor of Ser Khalso El Tamir
        • โ™ก Offer the Embrace of Solace, in honor of Rhaeg
        • โ™ก Voice the Speechless, in honor of the Revered Brother Ameris Santraeger
          • โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Ramedar
      • Suffering :
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Ten Shames, Hammer, 8th to 17th, 1357, In honor of Nathan Goldenmane
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Peaceful Silence, Ches 26th to Tarshakh 3rd, 1357, in the name of Purification
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Bloodied Hands, Mirtul, 1st to 7th, 1357, In honor of Alexander Holgart
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Hushed Suffering, Kythorn, 13st to 23th, 1357, in the name of Peace
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Deadly Torment, Uktar, 15th to Nightal 30th, 1357, in the name of Mercy
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Harmed Sanctuary, Tarshakh, 25th, 1358, to Mirtul, 7th 1358, in the name of Integrity
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Reclused Burden, Uktar, 12th to 18th, 1358, In honor of Alexander Marshall
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Silenced Sorrow, Tarshakh, 1st to 30th, 1359, In honor of Cassian Atherton
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Strained Hope, Flamerule, 25th to Eleasis 10th, 1359, to sublime the essence of Exhaustion
        • า‰ ยท Penance of the Secluded Faith, Eleasis 11th to Eleint 4th, 1359, in the name of Healing
      • Theology :
        • The tears of Ilmater (Scholar learning upon Ilmatari Faith) ~ Completed
        • Holy Liturgy of Ilmater (Tales of the Saints of Ilmater) ~ Pending
          • v Tome โ…  - Saint Sollars the Twice Martyred ~ Completed
          • v Tome โ…ก - Saint Jasper of The Rocks ~ Completed
          • v Tome โ…ข - Saint Morgan the Taciturn ~ Completed
          • v Tome โ…ฃ - Saint Selimbrar ~ Completed
          • v Tome โ…ค - Saint Beldarr ~ Completed
        • Murder Rended, Mercy Mended (Saint Merielle Silene's teachings) ~ Pending
        • Diary of Medicine ~ The Burns of the Abyss ~ Completed
        • Diary of Medicine ~ Corrupted Bile ~ Pending
        • Diary of Medicine ~ Child care & Services ~ Pending

z ๐”‡๐”ข๐”ณ๐”ฌ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ฐ ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ ๐”˜๐”ซ๐”ค๐”ฒ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ก๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ค ๐”ญ๐”ฌ๐”ด๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฐ
      • โ™ฐ Devotions in the Church of Tyr, Baldur's Gate, Citadel Streets
      • โ™ฐ Devotions in the Church of Torm, Baldur's Gate, Citadel Streets
      Last edited by Ashenie on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:12 pm, edited 47 times in total.

Ashenie
      Retired Staff

Unread post by Ashenie »

z ๐”ฐ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ข ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ z
      [These written fragments can be found in Ashenie's Diary of Duty in the Temple of Ilmater]
      Revered Sister of the Ilmatari Faith in Baldur's Gate Shrine of Suffering

Ashenie Darakh wrote:
      Faith resonates in strange ways in the ruins I contemplate. Often endeavors are misunderstood, but should they even be understood? The path, steep and long, means little hardship when there is nothing to loose. Solace was found in His embrace, so long ago, unspeakable fragments of joy assembled into an unbreakable serenity. The world is agitated by so many deeds, claming never. A lifetime in the service of Faith, mending and alleviating, paints the sacred ways of Mercy for me. Beyond the horizon of suffering and the scarlet painting of pain lies a path that leads where we belong, in unity. Until Dawn, and even during the darkest night, endeavors shall never cease. For ruins are already broken, and degraded, what worse could ever happen? He who stands wounded and scarred does not fear another wound, another harm. Perhaps would He allow part of this burden to be shared, when time comes. In the great garden of Life, flowers of care shall be tender, for their essence may offer more to this world than words can tell. Where The Broken God leads, I trust.
      z Charges of Novicehood z
      ~ Learn the Ilmatari Faith
      ~ Follow Mercy's Path
      ~ Provide support to the clergy
      ~ Honor the ways of Saint Jasper of the Rocks
      ~ Honor the Revered Brothers & Sisters of The Faith
      ~ Find spiritual enlightment with the legacy of The Living Saint, Merielle Silene
      [Courtesy to the player of Merielle, LeslieMS, for the impressive work and legacy she left with her character]
      • "Novices in the faith are charged to: Persevere in the face of pain.
        Heal the sick, the wounded and the diseased. Comfort the dying, the
        griefstricken, and the heartsick. Take on the burdens and the pain of others.
        Champion the causes of the oppressed and unjustly treated, and give shelter
        and kind counsel to the lonely, the lost, and the ruined. Pursue the service of
        Ilmater, and he will provide. Leave gross riches and the acquisition of all but
        medicines to others. Take up the tasks no others dare."
      z Charges of The Adorned z
      ~ Honor the Ilmatari Faith
      ~ Spread Mercy's Path
      ~ Be faithful to the clergy and answer divine obedience
      ~ Revere and contribute to the ways of Saint Jasper of the Rocks
      ~ Honor, support, guide and care for the Brothers & Sisters of The Faith

z ๐’œ๐”ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ฉ๐”ข ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐’ซ๐”ข๐”ž๐” ๐”ข z
      Ashenie Darakh wrote:
      Peace has become a treasure to cherish. Upon the path of Mercy, many ways and intentions interwtin. They may all answer the same ideal; though in means they differ. Sacred scruptures of The Followers of The Unhindered Path contributed to show the way. What they cherish, they do not impose to others, echoing to the wise teachings of the Eldathyn. Their care defines their place, their roles, and endeavors; but they shall not stand against the intentions of others, reminding us that each has a part to play. Long endeavors have drawn me to peace, as a holy Sanctuary against harm and pain. Devotions to healing and mending have left insight in the way we may, when allowed, restored dignity, yet without strain upon others. Words sometimes do not suffice to deflect harm, but Peace may help, in both great and small ways in these endeavors. Along devoted studies, the old ways of Apostles of Peace have shown treasures of Faith. Insight comes in prayers.
      z Study of the ways of The Apostles of Peace z
      ~ Understand the place and tenets of Peace
      ~ Learn about the ties between Peace, Life and Harmony
      ~ Find clues and tales about Apostles of Peace
      • "In a world where conflict usually means violence, where good
        and evil meet regularly on the field of battle, where might too
        often makes right and power is measured in gold peaces, the
        apostle of peace is a lone voice crying in the wilderness, calling
        for a change of heart. Having completely forsworn violence in
        any form, the apostle of peace is an advocate for nonviolent
        resolution of conflict."
      z ๐’ซ๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”Ÿ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ฏ z
      Ashenie Darakh wrote:
      Among The Adorned, Painbearers are those who commit willingly under the straining task of bearing burdens. Scriptures tell how this aspect might come from The Broken God's teachings and exemple. Learning about their ways provides a lost insight, a meaning beyond the contingency of suffering, and a reason to turn burdens into positive thoughts for a better ideal. Their exemple has a left a strange mark upon me, and I feel grateful for the kindness I have been shown. Each breath leads me to mirror their dedication for others. Shall we help as we are able, learning those ways seem to lead my Faith further, where suffering can be turned into something else.
      z Study of the ways of The Painbearers z
      ~ Understand the Holy aspect of Suffering
      ~ Learn the ways of turning Suffering into Healing
      ~ Take on burdens and penances for those who hurt
      ~ Understand the siritual meaning of bearing pain
      • "Painbearers suffering under extreme punishment, torture,
        or suffering, may be possessed by a beneficial servant of Ilmater.
        This is at their request. During such possession, the servant takes
        all the pain inflicted, but no physical damage. The servant cannot
        move the body and remains only until the suffering has passed."
      Caretaker in Mercy's Orphanage

Ashenie Darakh wrote:
      z Charges of the Caretakerz
      ~ Care for children
      ~ Provide council and help to families
      ~ Serve as midwife

z Devotion to Saint Jasper z
      The Welcoming - This ceremony is a blessing upon all infants who are helped into the world by Ilmatari. Folklore says that to have an Ilmatari preside over childbirth is a sign that the child will be healthy. Many people of all classes attempt to see that a cleric is present for more tangible reasons such as skill and medicines. The ceremony includes the spells Bless and Protection from Evil, when possible. This ceremony was created by St. Jasper of the Rocks." Ritual of the Welcoming :

~ 1 measure of flower of Angelica
      ~ A prayer ribbon embroidered with depictions of blue lilies
      ~ 1 vial of Holy Water

"The Welcoming's Lullaby"
      With the wish of life you come,
      Strong and brave, untamed,
      Let you rest in mother's arms,
      Where her warmth soothes.

Riding upon a field of hopes.
      Time will reveal future bewteen your hands,
      Let you follow father's steps.

Ready to walk, stand and grow.
      Let Saint Jasper smile upon your birth,
      And be welcome in The Broken God's embrace.

Sister Ashenie Darakh
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

z Study of the ways of Saint Jasper z
      ~ Offer the blessings of the Welcoming
      ~ Study the ways and remedies penned by Saint Jasper to help mothers and children
      ~ Learn about the greater burden shared by women with the suffering of the world as they give birth

z Devotion to Saint Merielle z
      Ashenie Darakh wrote:
      z Study of the ways of Saint Merielle z
      ~ Cherish children as your own
      ~ Learn about the importance of children in the world for Holy and Unholy purposes
      ~ Never compromise the interest of children for another
      z Devotion to Zaphkiel z
      Ashenie Darakh wrote:
      Prayer for Miscarriage

Watcher, in your arms a baby ascends,
      This young soul commended to your protection.
      Cherished from the heart of mother to the womb of the earth
      This frail being is so heavy in loving hands.

With many questions left to bloom in its cradle,
      All days were penned for the little one in dire ink,
      Before one came to be : A shiver in life altered fate.
      Blessed under your watch, Zaphkiel, may the baby grow safe.
      z Honor the deeds of Zaphkiel, The Watcher z
      ~ Mourn passing children, unborn and sacrificed
      ~ Persevere upon the path of life and rebirth for children
      ~ Undo cruelty, mend injuries, and secure children
      Last edited by Ashenie on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:19 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Ashenie
      Retired Staff

Unread post by Ashenie »

z โ„œ๐”ข๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ซ๐” ๐”ข ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข โ„‘๐”ฉ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ฆ ๐”‰๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ z
      [These written fragments can be found in Ashenie's Diary of Duty in the Temple of Ilmater]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      The Penance of Duty
        Duty is a strange burden that weights as much as it alleviates. Along the Path I must endure, tokens of hope and mercy offered in meaningful endeavors left my penances with more duties to bear on the behalf of others. Whether voiced, or kept secret in the safety of the shadows, those promises of care light my own path in honor of others. For each step I take must now help those who hurt, I cherish those fragments of duty as a myriad of stars upon a vault of pure elevation. Where this fragmented road leads, only The Broken God may know, and I must follow the path He sets before me. "Until Dawn".

"The Truely Holy takes on the Suffering of Others". For my path is one of endurance and mercy, I must endeavor with all I have. What is left of me is not worth fighting for, or hoping for a new day that woud blossom into radiance. Vowed to darkness by fate, darkness shall then be the field of my endeavors. "We do not truly appreciate the light until we have been swallowed whole by the darkness", She said. Hushed and unheard, tiny hands will always try to reach those who may need, those who may inspire, and those who may care, for, through the prayers I murmur in their name, thousands are bathed in dear attentions.
        โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Jasper โ™ฐ
          • "Saint Jasper's care for life was beyond compare."
          • "Many babies and pregnant women were saved by his hands."
          Tale of Saint Jasper of the Rocks
          As penned by Sister Ashenie
            โ™ก Care for Children, in honor of Saint Merielle Silene โ™ก
              • "Help all who hurt, no matter who they are."
              Dogma of Ilmater
                The Sisters of Saint Jasper of the Rocks offered me more than a child like me could hope for. Their unyielding care for lives to come and youngs bathed my very first devotions. I owe them everything, and everything seems meaningful in the care of Saint Jasper. I was still young, when the rumor of a Living Saint shaked the Church of the Broken God. A symbol of hope for a girl no who could not even comprehend the meaning of Faith. I did not know then that She might become a beacon of Hope, a flame in my soul that would guide each and every attention offered to the youngs.

"Murder Rended, Mercy Mended", and Murder took so much. How She mended despite death and suffering is impressively inspiring. For each of Her words still echoes as lullaby for Dianne and Billy. Both held dearly in Broken arms, Her endeavors cannot die without Her presence. A stroke for each, and none left aside. Children bathed with care and attention paint the very first duties of mine. They should find arms against fears, tenderness against darkness, care against suffering. She Mended, and so shall I, in honor of all She accomplished for Children. This is my light to endeavor, tenderly and always, in Her name. "Our oaths fulfilled, Martyred Lord. Please forgive us if our hearts grieve as a mother grieves a lost child, for all we could not save in time..."
                โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Merielle โ™ฐ
                  • "What was done can be undone."
                  • "Mercy for all, even the least deserved."
                  Murder Rended, Mercy Mended
                  As written by the Living Saint
                    โ™ก Cherish the hearth of The Sanctuary, in honor of Ser Sean Asen โ™ก
                      • "The truely Holy takes on The Suffering of Others."
                      Dogma of Ilmater
                        The Hearth of our Sanctuary is a Home for many. Hushed in the azur of eyes that have seen too much, the whispered promise of caring for a place to give a reason to return from the bowels of danger and pain is one I must hold close to my heart. If only for one, cherishing this Home is more than a simple task to accomplish. It finds meaning in the creation of an anchor, that would resist evrything, despite pain, harm, unrest... For, always, open arms shall welcome those who stand brave and unyielding against perils and suffering.

He who stand mighty and unwavering against threat shall be soothed with care. For each return will be cheered in relief, and each departure bathed in eternal prayers. Returning from the front, lashed and painful, caring hands shall tend to the wounds, provide meal, bath and bed. With this absolute care given, the anchor remains, immovable in the face of threat and harm. Perhaps would those eyes see that even if they endured, they are allowed to rest. "Until Dawn."
                        า‰ ยท Reverence of the Father ยท า‰
                          • "Your fourfold duties are to Faith, Family, Masters, and all good being of Faerรปn."
                          Dogma of Torm
                            In the darkness of his existence, was he chained too? Dawn came so late. And yet, proud as he stands, he radiates with His wrath, with Their power. Perhaps the face of tormentors differ, but in horror we may be soulmates, bound to the other by the nightmare we share in the labyrinth of dreadful ghosts. Deep in through his soul, the other lives, his hand forever upon his shoulder. Sometimes, when I look upon the impressive Tormtar, he seems to stand watch. Never too far, and still beyond reach, his presence is like one I believed lost. So should I cherish him, once our duties are fulfilled, as a daughter. Home cherished in the absence of his son, he shall never be forgotten.
                            า‰ ยท Everlasting Sufferance ยท า‰
                              • "The Truly Holy takes on the Suffering of Others."
                              Dogma of Ilmater
                                Soul Siblings or Lost Alterity, but who are we? Bound by the language of Sufferance, unspoken between us, as an obvious harm inflected, invisible and present, everlasting in the furture that cannot be as bright, blight upon the horizon forever colored with the smell of scarlet sorrows. Alone in attonement, bearing burdens of the past, there is no deceptive words. No honey, and no salt, souls made of pain united in hushed suffering. In the silence of the soul, echoes of inaction and hate interwtin. The maze of our wounds mirror the horizon of bound destinies, crossing stars in the vault of the Triad. Fire consumes his soul, water shrouds mine. Wrath in his hands, peace between mine, guardian and prayer, as the two faces of the same coin the Righetous and the Broken symbolize. Upon his path I endeavor, bound to live in his shadow. Never alone to endure, no matter how Sufferance colors the wheel of Fate, "as Duty permits."
                                โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Selimbrar โ™ฐ
                                  • "Sir Selimbrar, for his refusal to bring down serfs, was sentenced to death."
                                  • "Whipped, legs and arms broken, bound to a cross, the condemned had not yet died."
                                  Tale of Saint Selimbrar
                                  As written in The Book of Saints
                                    โ™ก Undertake the work of Charity, in honor of Minstrel Hymly โ™ก
                                      Dogma of Ilmater
                                        It was the very first donation I was given on the behalf of others, the first of a long lasting serie that would not end with me. It had only been a few days, and he saw in me something I could not say. The strength and benevolence of Ser Sean was needed to carry the donation back to the Temple. He tasked me to undertake the work of Charity. For others, and to pledge myself to the cause of compassion. The Faith he placed in the Broken God then led me promise care and attention to the needy, to beg in their stead for charity, and to always make sure that the donations could go to meaningful purposes.

The sight of the azur eyes remain, engraved in my memory as if I had been marked with iron. The two soldiers of The Radiant Heart left me, enduring the task promised to higher souls. If only for them, I shall endeavor to care, for as long as I breath, and pledge the Church of the Broken God what is left of me. I hope this may be enough.
                                        โ™ก Nurture the unweavering light of Hope, in honor of Guardian Nathan Goldenmane โ™ก
                                          • "Stick to your cause if it is right, whatever the pain or peril."
                                          Dogma of Ilmater
                                            The soothing waves of Hope cannot be repelled or lost. Only abandonned. For one who endured as much, Hope may mean the unreachable. As soothing as painful, hoping can force to endure. But in The End, There is only Mercy. The promise of Hope is one to cast out darkness and banish fear for those who may not be able to do it. Words of hope can mend. The Light of Hope can illuminate a benighted path. And I must endeavor to cherish this candle even when The Abyss chants and its spawn dances. Even when darkness is too cold and keep swallowing the tiniest ray of light. Even when there is nothing more to hope, when it seems impossible...

Impossible may sometimes be a gentle word for abandonment. And because stubborn souls keep building up impossible hopes, the impossible may become reachable one day. Unwilling to surrender in the name of one whose light shines above mine, I shall endeavor to bring back in his eyes the gleam Life provides to the newborn: The powerful attraction of pure fragments of Hope, transmuted into raw joy. A smile is a treasure to begin with and so much more offered in an open palm. None shall be swallowed in the darkness anymore...
                                            โ™ก "Mercy to all, Even the least deserved", in honor of Ser Melissar, deceased โ™ก
                                              • "Take up tasks no others dare."
                                              Dogma of Ilmater & Charges of the Novice in the Faith
                                                In the name of Mercy, Saint Merielle Silene allowed the grace of compassion to touch hearts and souls called "wicked", "evil", "corrupted", "tormented", "beyond redemption", "unreachable", "undeserving" by some. Her teachings to heart, Ser Melissar promised to care for all who hurt, no matter who they are. Her hand in mine, I vowed myself to the cause at least two of my Sisters of Faith embraced so dearly. She, who endured her martyrdom to save another, left an unyielding light of compassion in my soul. For in her care, many found shelter, I shall undertake this burden on her behalf, now that she reached Mount Martyrdom.

Mercy for all. It suffers no exception, no step back. We, Faithful, do not get too chose who may be worthy or unworthy of the judgment of The Triad. Compassion as a treasure in my hand shall be offered with unyielding care, until I break or bend, until the miserable pieces of dirt I am fade into oblivion. She shall be honored with renewed endeavors and unyielding support, even vowed to "The Least Deserved". Her memory shall bring light, even in darkest times.
                                                โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Sollars โ™ฐ
                                                  • "Sollars was raised again to life, to show that suffering and death were not more powerful than perseverance, belief and compassion."
                                                  • "He asked that pain and hurt be on his soulders, for him to endure in their stead."
                                                  Tale of Saint Sollars The Twice Martyred
                                                  As told by Brother Jarvis
                                                    โ™ก Faithful guidance of service, in honor of Rayvat โ™ก
                                                      • "Emphasize the spiritual nature of life over the existence of the material body."
                                                      Dogma of Ilmater
                                                        For He who hurts beneath a mask of unfatomable defiance, caring hands shall reach further than the reflection in the mirror. Eyes terrorized in dim light only find meaning in the contemplation or something greater, holier. For Ser Merlissar believed to have seen a bright essence beneath the veil of shadow, guidance is the only way to take a step forward, in the barren lands of Hope.

Service pledged in silence, hands vowed to hushed endeavors, it is my duty to offer a fragment of Hope against all odds. A a last anchor, a last chance to return where Life belongs, each found in the prison of loss must be reached when they cannot reach by themselves. Upon the road, no matter how steep it may be, we may stand united... despite fear, pain and harm. Guidance can open barren doors and lead to unreachable lands. Even the steepest paths can be walked.
                                                        โ™ก See beyond the veil of reality, in honor of Zamari โ™ก
                                                          Dogma of Ilmater
                                                          Hushed endeavors bathed my care for the chultian caretaker to be. Unable to escape the Spirits of the Jungle, I had to try to understand the deeper meaning of strange worships. Without judgment or fear, the source of such tragedy lies in the entwined roots of a painful past. Tricks and artifices to camoflage the hard reality leaves the veil waving. Beneath, a myriad of unsoothed wounds await, and scream their pain. They remain unreachable without care and understanding.

For each who may walk a smilar path, where the only way to survive is bartered with higher powers, I shall endeavor to understand. Understanding is the first route towards compassion. She who remains tangled in the whimsy arms of Spirits must be soothed, as others would. Perhaps until dusk falls on a devoted Life, insight must be cherished. And where she walks, so many footsteps still hammer the poor, wet ground. "In the End, There is Only Mercy".
                                                          โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Dobla โ™ฐ
                                                            • "As pure as Dobla's dancers."
                                                            Saint Dobla
                                                            As told in Calimshan
                                                              โ™ก Support and care for Protective endeavors, in honor of Ser Alexander Holgart โ™ก
                                                                • "If you suffer in his name, Ilmater is there to support you."
                                                                Dogma of Ilmater
                                                                  The path of PainBearers is one difficult to endure, yet it mirrors pain in protective eyes. For those who suffer from the great alleviation of burdens, endeavors to endure do not suffice to take away their pain. The gleam of his emerald eyes twinkle and fade when he has to watch the burden of a penance undertaken upon willing shoulders. So many protectors may share the same, hushed and unspoken torment.

Allowing protection to reach the most dedicated endeavors, and to deflect part of the needless suffering spread may be a treasure for those whose life of service force to silence. As high as shields can be held, as soon as protectors can be warned, as careful and mindful that the sufferer should be, each of those endeavors might alleviate greater pain upon the shoulders of those protetors who endure. My words entwined to the watcher shall be as a seal upon his shield, enchanting his might with renewed assurance that he may partake holy endeavors of alleviation and be allowed as far as Faith permits. Perhaps will this be enough for them to consider that alloming Painbearer to endure under their shield means that His Healing Powers will grow and grace so many more than two souls could ever reach...
                                                                  า‰ ยท Drifting Hopes ยท า‰
                                                                    • "Long, and Strong, as Daern's Devotion."
                                                                    Ilmatari saying
                                                                      In the colors of the wind, prayers are entangled in he fresh gusts of dawn. For each ray that passes the horizon, a new petal of hope, drifting alongt the rapids, where only emerald eyes will catch them. Hushed endeavors for one who suffers too much, each morning see the scarlet tears of regret, and the tender caress of care alike. The secrecy of a promise, sealed in the elements, balanced in the harmony of two mismatched hands bound together. Those ties may break, but the care forever remains, as an anchor to the last moment. "As Faith and Heart bid, when needs must."
                                                                      โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Morgan โ™ฐ
                                                                        • "Saint Morgan demonstrated Faith by deeds, not words."
                                                                        • "The harder they struck him, the more Morgan seemed to be comforted."
                                                                        Tale of Saint Morgan the Taciturn
                                                                        As chanted in the Abbaye of Saint Morgan
                                                                          โ™ก Tend the candle of Courage, in honor of Ser Khalso El Tamir โ™ก
                                                                            Dogma of Ilmater
                                                                              Between enduring hands, a candle has been lit. Its flame spread courage and strength for all who need, in the Chapel of The Broken God. Under Midnight's mantle its light renewed seals eternal support for those who endure and face the pain in other's stead. Might and prowess for the enduring, as a sign of impressive worship.

Protectors bathed in ritual, kneeled before and cherished between caring hands. The fate of those who undertake and endure for other is never to be forgotten. They are inspiring figures, and beyond what a simple Sister can give, admiration and care remains, with the gratitude and relief that their suffering has to offer. As strange as it may seem, their sacrifice is among the highest deeds that could honor The Broken God, and while I pray they never have to endure this fate, I know this day may come, where a life would have saved thousands.
                                                                              Image
                                                                              โ™ก Offer the Embrace of Solace, in honor of Rhaeg โ™ก
                                                                                • "Comfort the Dying, the Griefsicken, the Heartsick."
                                                                                Charges of the Novice in the Faith
                                                                                  Where the mightiest fortress cracks, remains always in the ruins the fertile soil for a new blossom to flourish. Ravaged lands are fertile, and so are hearts. The creative essence of power is a dear treasure, though often lost in the contemplation of sadness and the assaults of pain. Repeated, they only add to burdens the bitter taste of hoplesness. Along the shores of the river of tears, where a lone silhouette falls in the arms of the Abyss, a helping hand shall always reach.

He who resist, and champions the oppressed do not even consider his own worth. For he is blind in the darkness of rage, he forgets himself beneath oppressive suffering, enduring in silence. Where words cannot reach, the warm embrace of solace shall provide. As a shelter against harm and pain, as an everlasting hearth where relief is supreme, in this anchor where none can die, and none can slacken, harmony cannot be disturbed. No siege and no torment in the arms of a mother, a daugther, a sister or a wife, or all together, one who cares allows undefeatable bound to remain, even after the lastest hour. As many times as he would need he may return, and walk back upon the path of destiny, warmed by the hearth, carrying courage and strength for darker dawns. As "today is the first day of what is left of his life, so he may live it well."
                                                                                  Image
                                                                                  โ™ก Voice the Speechless, in honor of the Revered Brother Ameris Santraeger โ™ก
                                                                                    • "Champion the causes of the oppressed and unjustly treated, and give shelter and kind counsel to the lonely, the lost, and the ruined"
                                                                                    Charges of the Novice in the Faith
                                                                                      He who stood for so many left within the Temple a welcoming halo, in which we bath our daily inspiration. Tirelessly working in honor of the Broken God, the straining task of representation seems to have left a visible aura, still alive in the hearts of so many. Brother and Sister of Faith, we walk upon steep path, alike in purpose, different in shapes. Where he lead is bright, colored and warm; whil I keep endeavoring under the shy cover of the mantle of the night.

His voice resonates still, as an inspiration for further duty. A helping hand to see that tomorrow will come, even if the night is long and dark, the sun always rises. Unfading hopes, duties bound, and Faith as a token of strength gathered in the name of other : his legacy is one I am not meant to undertake, but honor as much as I may to reach those who have been left wounded by his absence. Where the clamour of justice once was heard would a quiet chant of hope reach, as soothing as mother's lullabies and women's tales. Mercy, at last, undying. For "where mercy, love, and pity dwell, there Ilmater dwells too."
                                                                                      Image
                                                                                      โ™ฐ Devotion to Saint Ramedar โ™ฐ
                                                                                        • "Saint Ramedar was well known for his outspoken advocacy of the radical idea that the role of prisons and the penal system was neither retribution nor deterrance, but education and rehabilitation."
                                                                                        • "With great eloquence, the Ilmatari priest convinced the hastily convened judical council responsible for sentencing the rebellious peasants to show them Mercy and to remand them in the custody of the Adorned."
                                                                                        Battle of the Broken Vats,
                                                                                        As told in the Cloister of Saint Ramedar
                                                                                          Last edited by Ashenie on Wed May 04, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
                                                                                          Ashenie
                                                                                          Retired Staff
                                                                                          Posts: 486
                                                                                          Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Unread post by Ashenie »

z Pious Oaths z

Image
                                                                                          Oath of Sufferance

In the name of Ser Alexander Calborn, Paladin of Ilmater
                                                                                          In honor of Igadol Zymeta, Bronze Guardian of the Coast
                                                                                          Image
                                                                                          Genesis
                                                                                          Ser Alexander Calborn, Paladin of Ilmater, tricked by The Green, betrayed the Bronze Guardian Igadol Zymeta, and killed him with an enchanted spear. The weapon had been fused with a spell of his creation : a prayer to stabilize the dying, empowered with the sympathetic bound shared between the caster and the wounded. But the clever ruse of the Green reversed the spell, and the effect was turned deadly. Ser Alexander Calborn was fooled to believe that this murder would ease more suffering and serve Ilmater's ideal of Mercy. With Igadol's death, Ser Alexander Calborn was filled with remorse and died without achieving his purpose. The broken story of Ser Alexander Calborn and Igadol Zymeta could have ended, yet he left unaccomplished tasks in his wake.
                                                                                          Oath of Sufferance
                                                                                          Ser Alexander Calborn seemed to believe in Mercy, and endeavored to save people on the brick of death. He wished to alleviate suffering in the world, and prevent others from feeling the loss of dear ones. The roots of his inspirational prayers were found deep in his past, and he was powerless to saved his family. I shall pledge myself to undertake his belief, and carry it further until relief is found. The Oath of Sufferance takes the form of alleviation of the suffering of others, with a particular attention to those who have been betrayed and killed by dear ones. Those burdens shall be taken willingly, upon my shoulders.
                                                                                          I pledge myself to bring back the dead within my reach, or to suffer penance for each of them who could not be saved, to call upon myself the burdens and suffering they endured in hope to alleviate them.
                                                                                          This oath may only end with the return of Igadol Zymeta, the Bronze Guardian, sealing Ser Alexander Calborn's duty and ultimately mending the harm he cause. Without the return of the Bronze Guardian, the purpose of Ser Alexander Calborn shall be cherished until my existence under its current form ends.
                                                                                          Tenets of Sufferance
                                                                                          Mercy :
                                                                                          The highest form of alleviation is the grace of Mercy bestowed upon those who suffer, alive and dead, so their burdens may be left aside and carried further by the living. Mercy shall be bestowed upon the dying in the name of Ser Alexander Calborn. This shall echoe the Holy Justice Igadol Zymeta championed.

Perseverance :
                                                                                          Against the pain inflicted upon others, endurance is allowed to the price of perseverance. In the face of pain, willing shoulders can endure instead of others, forced to yield under the weight of suffering. Perseverance shall be cherished in honor of Ser Alexander Calborn. This shall echoe the death Igadol Zymeta endured.

Compassion :
                                                                                          Compassion is the center of this Oath of Sufferance : the child of Mercy and Persevrance. Compassion shall be shown to those in need, so they may not have to endure alone, should they need support. With Compassion, suffering becomes clearer as it is felt and shared, and not simply understood. It shall be offered in memory of Ser Alexander Calborn. It shall echoe the bond he shared with Igadol Zymeta.
                                                                                          Mantra
                                                                                          "Carry for those who cannot. Do most for the least.. Their numbers are numerous. And they Will Need you."
                                                                                          Abrariel of His Mercy, Archon of Ilmater

Image
                                                                                          Sean praying and Ashenie holding the spirits of tormented babies in the Bloodpool of the Temple of Murder
                                                                                          Binding Oaths of Purification

In the name of the dead, the lost and the forsaken
                                                                                          For all children who were used for nefarious purpose
                                                                                          In honor of Mercy and Duty
                                                                                          Image
                                                                                          Genesis
                                                                                          For a year, month after month, consecration of the Temple of Bhaal have summoned echoes of a fragmented past. The suffering straining upon the place overwhelms this center of worship with unheard pleas, supplications of deliverance, cries of agony and pain. The first consecration was an attempt to offer peace to the dead. It revealed that this blessing needed to be renewed with each Moon, for it would never take hold without determination.
                                                                                          The suffering there is transdimensional, straining in a myriad of ways upon the place. Communing with the Broken God offered a terrible insight : children had been used there for nefarious purpose.

Ser Sean Asen, son of Thedran Asen the former Guardian of the Temple, came to find me, warning me that this endeavor will not be easy. He united with this cause. We will have to endure the whims of a terrible fate, and no harm and no pain shall alter our intentions. Ser Sean and I were bound to this endeavor, and further purifications might have revealed our crossed asters. Upon this path, our devotions align like the stars in the skies. He would not withdraw before danger, and I shall hold on against darkness. His sword echoes my prayers, one for wrath and one for peace.
                                                                                          Binding Oaths of Purification
                                                                                          Image
                                                                                          Purification might be the way the Broken God, and The Triad, have chosen to set upon our path. Faiths interwtin in the triangle of fairness. For all who suffered, for all who endured, for all who died, purification shall restore the balance of a terrible fate, one that peace can alter, at last, for a simple, gentle rest.

The oath of purification is a bound to consecrate this dark place, sealed by a comittment in the name of the Triad. It may only end when the souls of all those who died may be offered peace. In the end, there is only Mercy. Ser Sean and I are bound to this endeavor. Binding Oath nurtured our Faiths, and our paths now intertwin in the darkness this grave keeps nurturing.

Tenets of Purification
                                                                                          Purity :
                                                                                          Purity, as a virtue untainted, shall drive the determination of consecration. Because murder without judgment forces doom upon lives that were not meant to be taken, Purity offers the hallowed touch that suffering soul need. Hands unbound to murder may offer a stroke, and touch the bloodstained ground to consecrate it. The virtue of Purity shall balance the taint they endured.

Faith :
                                                                                          Faith is the heart of Purification, that allows suffering to be turned, and Mercy to be bestowed upon the needy. It offers perseverance in times of dire need, and helps find the light when darkness overwhelms. The vision of the Holy guides the Faithful in the purifying endeavor. The virtue of Faith shall balance the suffering they endured.

Hope :
                                                                                          Hope is the essence of Purification. As a deed to be done through darkness and suffering, hope is needed to forsee a brighter furture, and hold onto visions of peace to allow them to happen. Hope is the driving force of these endeavors, and no pain, no suffering may alter it. It may only be abandoned. The virtue of Hope shall balance the hopelessness they endured.
                                                                                          Miracle of Purification
                                                                                          Contemplation of Mercy
                                                                                          Image
                                                                                          The Temple of Bhaal, under purification
                                                                                          Image
                                                                                          Torment of the Ill Omen

In the name of Ilmater, The Enduring
                                                                                          "Stick to your cause if it is right, whatever the peril or pain"
                                                                                          "Emphasize the spiritual nature of Life over the existence of Material Body."
                                                                                          Image
                                                                                          Genesis
                                                                                          Ashenie Darak wrote:In spite of the whims of Misfortune, the Enduring allows torments to be eased. Ill Omens born from the shrine of Doom have, upon Holy Ground, found their place among the burdens that I shall endure. If Faith guided my endeavor, it is willingly that I wish to keep the Eye of Ill-Omens upon me, so another can be spared. At dawn She seems to watch, and at dawn I do pray in the name and favor of all those who suffer the torment of Misfortune. For all who endure the whims of Fate, it is a word of compassion that murmurs color in the darkness. Never all alone, even in the embrace of Misfortune, for who bear pain endures with Him.

So is the path the Broken God has set before me.
                                                                                          Penance of Endurance
                                                                                          Ashenie Darak wrote:In willing Endurance shall the pentient seal the curse into spiritual endeavors, in attempt to weight a burden, already heavy, following the teachings and the example of the Broken God. The willing acceptance of Misfortune, without wish to credit it, but in hope to turn its raw essence into healing and mend its unforgiving nature. For under the curse, it is for the cursed a penitent shall pray.

The nature of the curse I bear remains harassing, ever present, as an eye watching over every step. It is a torment I bear willingly, for I was not able to countain it otherwise when it was unleashed. A path of penance guides me through the misery that weights upon those who find Misfortune. The babies, the women with child, the most vulnerable, the children : They all endure a deadly threat, ever present, as the wheel of Fate keeps harassing them. At dawn, when her eye is set upon me, I pray for those who endure Her whims. In moments of devotion, I hope that Her eyes can find rest, and peace.
                                                                                          Tenets of Endurance
                                                                                          Ashenie Darak wrote:
                                                                                          Perseverance :
                                                                                          Perseverance appears as the unyielding force of endurance, the core nature of its undying essence. Persevering despite the cursing threat, condamnation to live in the antechamber of death, ties with the resolve needed to overcome the high waves of darkness.

Selflessness :
                                                                                          The underlying motive of Endurance finds root in selflessness. Fading behind duty, resolve, compassion and Faith, the self appears less strained when it is not the beating heart of life. The torments, the pain, the threats, the anguish do weight less, and are more easily shared, when there is no self to anihiliate, and when reaching the self causes no discomfort anymore.

Resilience :
                                                                                          The essence of pain, its scars and its wounds become more than what they were originally when they reach higher purpose. From the weight of misery to the essence of compassion, Resilience composes the vault of Endurance, and elevates the endeavor further.
                                                                                          Mantra
                                                                                          "If you suffer in His name, Ilmater is there to support you."
                                                                                          Dogma of Ilmater

Post Reply

Return to โ€œCharacter Biographiesโ€