"The Slippery Bastard" / Sel Darkmore

Your characters' general information and background/origin should go here.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

selhan
Custom Content

"The Slippery Bastard" / Sel Darkmore

Unread post by selhan »

๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ต

โ€œEvil begins when you begin to treat people as things,
Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions,
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.โ€

โ™ฆ Birth Name: Sel Darkmore

โ™ฆ Titles: Bartender, Wanderer, Slippery Bastard

โ™ฆ Origin: Calmishan

โ™ฆ Age: Mid Thirties

โ™ฆ Birth date: Unknown

โ™ฆ Race: Human

โ™ฆ Gender: Male

โ™ฆ Patron Deity: Claims Tymora

โ™ฆ Alignment: Unknown

โ™ฆ Profession: Bartender

โ™ฆ Weapons: Light Weaponry

โ™ฆ Height: 6โ€ฒ 2โ€ณ

โ™ฆ Weight: 220 lb.

โ™ฆ Build: Athletic, Agile

โ™ฆ Hair: Long, Black Hair

โ™ฆ Eyes: Dark Brown

โ™ฆ Skin: Dusky

โ™ฆ Scars: Long Cauterize scar on his back

โ™ฆ Posture: Confident

โ™ฆ Voice: His tone of voice seems to change depending ...

๐“๐“น๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ

The neatly trimmed beard ran along his muscular jawline. Dark brown eyes as friendly as they are, seems to always peer about, observing and taking in his surroundings. A set of white pearls for earrings could be faintly seen unless he wore his signature swashbucklers hat. Fancy clothing are the notable wears of his clothing selection, unless out adventuring.

๐“”๐“บ๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“น๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ
Weapons- Is often seen with two short swords, one the typical Cold Iron, the other he called Fang. Some times he carries a dagger strapped on his thigh, it's shape seems to be of a Calmishite made.

Staves- Various defensive wands marked with the letter "M" and other magical trinkets consisting of a brooch of shielding, a prayer of the gods book, and a chime of interruption.

Adventuring Gear- A thin coil of rope, a scroll case filled with various scrolls, a journal with ink and quill, a small pouch of selective potions, two healing kits, dried meats, and fruits.

Bits and babbles- Various gems used for bartering all except two, and a variety of rings.

๐“Ÿ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚

A failing charmer while spilling flattery would describe his personality. He doesn't seem to like running out to dangerous places, yet when faced with danger, he never cowers. Many know him however to take work seriously to the level of diligence. He's also strangely a very patient man. Loyalty is a single word that could also describe him. The closet of friends would know that much. The ones that hardly know him, were easily disregarded with no remorse. A man with many tales, a man with many secrets. Peeling an onion would be easier, after all he's a scoundrel at best and he love's to drink.

๐“‘๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ญ

With the accent of a local Baldarian, people would think him born within Baldur's Gate. In truth, he's lived there over a decade. After his stay in the renown city of Neverwinter, he took to the roads that lead him to Baldur's. Born a Calimshite, he has little memories of his youth. Birthed from the womb of a slave and sent off with hopes and prayers of a better life, he spent a lot of time growing up in the streets of Cities. But when he reached his adulthood, he found himself entwined by the web of intrigue with little to no choice to avert it. Grown, molded and trained, the beginning of a dark past soon engulf him, and had him committing a few unspeakable acts.

๐“๐“ญ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ

Reputation follows a person, but with this man, a lot of his deeds go unseen or undocumented. He's saved many a lives, to include the City itself. But just as much as he's saved, he's equally taken just as much so. His many adventures span over thirteen years in the Sword Coast with far off travels to other distant lands. He's learned different cultures and often keeps his knowledge to himself.

๐“ก๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ผ

He bartends in the Broken Goblet located in Roaringshore, and also bartends in the bar within the Undercellar.
Oddly resourceful.
In a relationship with a pirate woman.
Has a man eating dog name "Boomer"
Has a knack of getting things done.
Has a personal goal to find a lost ring.

๐“—๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐”‚

No one alive nor around in this day in age, would remember nor know of his darker past, except one person with whom he had trusted to tell. When it had came to Gods, in his early youth there was one such he oddly gave offerings too. Sometimes even prayers. Not a devout follower then but still, the lost youth at the time was more ignorance than naught. Tyranny was an ideal, Hatred was a direction, Strife was the goal. But that had been another time, another life, one of past. He had renounced the old way of thinking due to a personal betrayal that was traumatizing. It is said, a man is never the same when he has to strike down one he would call brother.

๐“Ÿ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“—๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ
Sorry I know I said there was none of interests but there is something I missed and realize I do need.
A means to longevity? Slow Ageing? Prolonged life span than the average human without becoming some form of Undead.

๐“’๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ต๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท

โ€œThe man who refuses to judge, who neither agrees nor disagrees, who declares that there are no absolutes and believes that he escapes responsibility, is the man responsible for all the blood that is now spilled in the world. Reality is an absolute, existence is an absolute, a speck of dust is an absolute and so is a human life. Whether you live or die is an absolute. Whether you have a piece of bread or not, is an absolute. Whether you eat your bread or see it vanish into a looter's stomach, is an absolute."
Last edited by selhan on Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 11 times in total.
โ€œWe drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's."

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"

Click to find out what time is it for the Bartender
selhan
Custom Content

Re: "The Slippery Bastard" / Sel Darkmore

Unread post by selhan »

*After retrieving an old journal titled volume three. He blew off the dust and wiped the leather bind with his hand. Something he had nearly forgotten since the start of working as a bartender, before the event called the Time of Troubles. In truth back then, he had thought his life in the Sword Coast was at it's end. With a plan to consider himself retired, he had decided to write out his true and full life growing up in Baldur's Gate. He had many adventures since his first arrival to the Sword Coast. Many untold.

Everyone had their secrets, he was not excluded. There before him were three volumes, but a fourth would have to be soon made. Specially after the past year, specially after what happened today. These journals held his deepest secrets, a life many had never known, nor did he ever mention his own name. It would take the most intelligent, the most clever of minds to be able to put the clues together and find the real truth behind the man known as Sel.*

๐‘ด๐’๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“,
๐‘ฐ๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†, ๐‘ฐ ๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’”๐’–๐’“๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’–๐’… ๐’๐’‡ ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’‚๐’„๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’‘๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’‰๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’•๐’”, ๐’๐’“ ๐’…๐’๐’˜๐’ ๐’“๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’…๐’Š๐’”๐’‘๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’†๐’…. ๐’€๐’๐’–'๐’—๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’•๐’‚๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“. ๐‘จ๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’๐’๐’•. ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’๐’…๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’…๐’‚๐’š๐’”, ๐’Š๐’•๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’†๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’–๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’… ๐’Š๐’ ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’„๐’๐’๐’…๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”. ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’‚๐’”๐’Œ๐’†๐’… ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’Ž๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’—๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’” ๐’Ž๐’†, ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’” ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’‚๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’? ๐‘จ๐’๐’… ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐’„๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’Œ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–. ๐‘ฌ๐’—๐’†๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’๐’ ๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’“ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†, ๐‘ฐ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’… ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’‚๐’” ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’…๐’. ๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’˜. ๐‘ผ๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’ ๐’๐’๐’˜. ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‚๐’Ž๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’”, ๐’š๐’†๐’• ๐‘ฐ ๐’‡๐’†๐’‚๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’‘๐’‚๐’•๐’‰ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’†๐’”๐’• ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’๐’๐’—๐’†. ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’”๐’‰ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’Š๐’…๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’„๐’๐’–๐’๐’”๐’†๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’š ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†๐’” ๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’†. ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’• ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’๐’˜, ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’Ž๐’†๐’Ž๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐‘ฐ ๐’–๐’”๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’Š๐’…๐’† ๐’Ž๐’š๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡ ๐’…๐’๐’˜๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’๐’†๐’˜ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’…๐’‚๐’“๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’”๐’”.

๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐““๐“ช๐“ป๐“ด๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ ๐‘ญ๐’๐’‚๐’Ž๐’†๐’“๐’–๐’๐’† ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ—
โ€œWe drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's."

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

โ€œ๐‘ฐ๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‰๐’–๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’•๐’Š๐’† ๐’–๐’‘ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’†๐’๐’…๐’” ๐’Š๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•,
๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’‘๐’‚๐’“๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’ ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’–๐’๐’•๐’†๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’๐’”๐’•๐’”,
๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’๐’Ž ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‡๐’–๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†,
๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’๐’๐’† ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’๐’†๐’‡๐’•๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’†๐’Ž๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’‚๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’•๐’‚๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’“๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’†.
๐‘ฏ๐’–๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’š ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’Œ๐’†๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’„๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’†๐’”;
๐’˜๐’‰๐’š ๐’…๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’„๐’‰๐’๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’†๐’ˆ๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’š ๐’Š๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‘๐’“๐’Š๐’”๐’๐’๐’”?โ€

"Do watch your step..miss" *He points down at the large pool of blood that had spilled from a Captain that had recently jumped out of the window of the Broken Goblet. He suddenly stared at her face. A sudden hint of something overwhelmed him. He squinted his eyes trying to remember if he's seen her before.*

*Those bright eyes narrowed slightly as a hint of familiarity caught her attention. Passing a glance back to the bloodstain she regareded it for but a fleeting moment before resuming her study of the man before her*

"Have we met before?"

*A smirk was given before she continued to walk pass the man*

"Wait...Hold!...How do you have her face?"

*She turns around to continue towards her destination*

*A hand grabbed her right shoulder and he spun her around*

"Hells!" *Frustration present in her eyes.*

"Y-your...her......."

"Long story.. Yes. An' no..I was.. known..by that name. .long ago.. aye.."

"A story I must hear"

"Why does anythin' that happened then.. matter now?"

"You dont even remember me do you?"

*She sighed, half glancing over* "Toy's pet. How can I forget?"

"Is that all you remember?"

"In the end. .that's all that mattered to you, so why should I revisit anything more?"

"All ...that ..mattered....? You would have died that day!" *The risen tone was fueled with anger* "They were breaking your ribs before my eyes, what else was I suppose to do?!"

*She lifted her eyes to his as he closed the distance between them, her voice lowered and her posture grew more guarded than ever* "Y' let me go.. Sel.. Y' let them do their worst." *She then repeats what was said that day, the ultimate ultimatum* "Betray 'er or she dies" ...."y' let her die.."

"If I had not choose Toy, Seadin would had killed you! So excuse me for becoming the pet!" *He averted his eyes , the look of shame upon him evident* You knew..you knew...She wanted me..and you never once thought to even tell me that you were their enemy!"

"See.. That's th' thing..I wasn't. She..was mine. I never cared one way or th' other about her. Never gave her a second thought, unless she was in my face..which she was often.. She had somethin' against -me-.. I didn't care about her either way.. She chose to have some.. und'fined issue with me. The only issue I ever had with her. .was that she wouldn't leave me th' hell alone.. beyond that.. I had noth'n against her"

"Oh no , I've long ago read the reports.. You were responsible for them being ran out of their home, You crushed that era , you were the reason for their first fall. That is why she hated you so much. And yet even when you knew she wanted me, you didn't even warn me, didn't tell me shite...you told me nothing!"
"You had men at your service, personal guards you brokered and establish and information network I read it all!"

"Sounds like she took half truths and ran with them."

"That day...I remember it was as if was yesterday...you were taking me training...we were going have me fight wyverns..." *Memories filled his mind of that ill fated day..*
1345 DR Along the road south of Beregost

"Sel!...No! Their only going to use you!"

*The sound of a rib breaking was loud just after a booted foot kicked the beaten and bloody woman in the midsection*

"Hey!" *He took a step*

"Take another step and another rib goes"

"Who is it going to be boy?"

*The scream was deafening, the woman's cries came in a form of stuttering sobs. One side of the road, a man loomed over her with sinister eyes and a cold glare. There was no remorse upon his half covered face. A sword in his hand stained with blood. The other side of the road, a trio stood before him watching intently, carefully. Waiting to hear what choice he was going to make. And he had to make one as he stood there feeling helpless in the middle of the road. He turned his head to regard the group, he was appraising, his mind racing trying to find a solution but there was only one out of two choices possible. There was no third. She saw his gaze, and knew what choice he was leaning for.*

"NOOOO! DON"T DO IT! DON"T GO TO HER!"

*His head shot back looking at the bleeding woman on the ground trying to raise to her knees. The man's sword raised pointing the tip of his blade to her throat*
"Shut your mouth!" *A swift turn of the sword and the end of the pommel smashed into the woman's face*

"STOP! ...Okay...Okay...." *His voice lowering to a defeated tone, his eye's closed and turned left. His body shivered to the sounds of the groaning woman in pain as she sobbed hard and trying to verbally stop him with a weaken tone*

"No....don't...Sel...."

*Smirks* "Guess he isn't stupid"

"Come here boy. Good job you made the right choice. But listen to me well" *She said in the most serious of tone* "She will live, but you two are never to contact each other again. If we find out you so much as greeted her, you both die."

"Understood"

"Seadin..come we are done here, leave her."

"I went about it wrong. I should have talked to her.. should have...I was young.. an' stupid...I wish you hadn't.."

"Why ..why say such a thing?"

"I uh.. I'm not here t' stay.. Just came back to fetch a few things.."

" Do you ...understand now why I made the decision?

"No. I don't."

"Your still alive..At least tell me, you had some happiness during the years since..."

*She looked to him. What was she to say to that? Faced now with the choice between crushing his hope that she'd been happy after he saved her life, or lying to him.. to spare him that knowledge* "I-"

"..please tell me ..that my choice and all that I went through and suffered was for naught"

"Sel.. I-"

"She didnt need to answer, her silence told him everything. Defeated, he let his head fall"

"I..can't lie to you.. You deserve better"

*HIs head raised, eyes bloodshot riming with tears, his brow furrowed he was furious with anger* "I deserved nothing!"

"I ..tried.. I even converted."

"what I went through...was a mere waste..."

"Shh.. no.. No ..Sel. Don' say that.." *Her hand slid upward, brushing his hair back..she looked up to him.. Emotions stirred that she didn't know herself still capable of..*

*His right hand reached up, fingers ran through her hair feeling the texture. A faint smile formed.* " This color suits you better."

"Yeah? Yours is longer.. I like it"

"Better than the short blond that I had remembered."

"It was an effort t' hide myself when I escaped"

"Sel.."

"Yes.?"

*Her eyes lowered again* "I'm sorry.. I couldn't have been.. better.. for you then.. I..only ever wanted t'..be -" *she couldn't finish that.. she just shook her head* "You served better than me"

"Well...if there's anything that I can at least grasp, its the fact you still live.'

"You're.. make'n it hard t' leave..This was supposed t' be easy.. In an' out..It.. kill'd me.. Watch'n you with them, know'n.. you served th' woman tha' hated me for.. reasons I never knew..until now.. Reasons that make.. no sense t' me.. to this day..I.. need t' head out.. b'fore I ..can't.."

"I understand"

"Do you? It's not this place.. I'm have'n trouble leave'n Sel"

"....It' can never be.."

"Please take these.."

"You give me this?"

"Yes, my last gift to you, and this is something to remember me by, I must go, it's getting harder"

"Be..safe....and forgive me."

What is the present if not the graveyard of the past where, for each of our deeds we dig a grave. Everything we do today will be buried there. The good deeds rest in peace, while the bad ones rise from the graves to haunt us. I had not woken this day knowing I was going to be hunted by an assassin, or that me and my companions would kill men. And nor did I ever think my past to come back around for me to face. I only knew of a huge battle that was soon to take place near Amn. I didn't get myself involved in it, and now I understand fate rightly kept me from doing so, for I had my own war to deal with. A war with myself. I had always considered myself a retired adventurer, but nae I was wrong. When I left the city of Baldur's I had not retired when I came to Roaringshores sands. Instead, I began a new life and laid out a new path before me. I had fooled myself, lied to myself. Haunted past's, ill fated memories shall be the stepping stone towards a new beginning.
A new page, a new chapter had already begun and I had fooled myself thinking my life was at its ending days. In time, I will serve a new master if not already, I will gain new form of enemies and I may get new companions, or I may take the current ones with me if I could convince them. My seething anger for this world grows. How unfair it has been to me. Aye it may be a selfish way to look at it, but why? Why did my journey, my life, steer the way it did? When I looked upon the assassin that had me and my companions as targets, he wore my face, he wore my clothes. But he also spoke like me, the real me. Was it really another man in disguise or was I merely looking at a reflection? Like him I had spent a great amount of effort, and years creating a faรงade, a ruse of a persona. I hid behind cheeky grins, and a charming scoundrel of a demeanor. But in truth, I was merely hiding the regretful man, the one holding guilt. It was easier that others saw me repulsive. It kept them at a distance. Allowing one to get too close was a weakness, a flaw. It is to me, for I once let it happen in my past. I'm already beginning to lose count of how many people that I have killed. My hands and blade become corrupted and tainted by blood. This is what happens when I have no master. No one to serve...

๐‘ด๐’†๐’Ž๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚ ๐‘บ๐’๐’Š๐’‘๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐‘ฉ๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’“๐’…
Last edited by selhan on Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Leaning Decisions

"Fang Bearer...."

Eye's opened, the sweat from his brows heavy. He sat up quickly looking around as if expecting someone to be there. A dream.. or was it?
"Fang Bearer"...the very title tugged at the core of his heart. He glances at one of his swords. The second of seven. Was he truly worthy?
Will he succeed? "I must." He thought to himself.

"Don't be too ambitions..." "What motivations you?"

The eerie voice of Ancient times kept repeating those words in his mind. It had been nearly a tenday since his visit by the Ancient Three that he calls. He looks down at a book that he has been writing information in. "Is it enough?" It explains much but in his gut he knew there was still one more thing to find out. "The reason"

He kept trying to imagine how this being from nearly two thousand years would even look like. He's heard rumors of his sightings. How he was cordial. "Was he, was it really cordial?" Or was that being of old doing exactly as he does? Leading people to believe what he merely wanted them too. His eye's looks upon his sword trying to envision the real predecessor. "Will I be as half as good as he?" The question came to him with waves of comparison. What would he have to improve? What was the original owner of the sword like? Did they think alike? Did they move alike? Did he have experience and abilities no other could fathom? And more importantly , how did he lose the sword. "I have chosen a path that which I can not return, but at the least, I wont be alone."

"Will you side with me? Will you support me in this decision?"

"You count on my swordarm if you have any need of it"

"That is what I needed to hear."

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Ambitious

โ€œSurround yourself with people who believe in your dreams,
encourage your ideas, support your ambitions,
and bring out the best in you.
Because in this world, you need ambition to progress.โ€

*The old journal opens, the edges of the cover faintly worn. The quill dipped in the black ink and the writing soon followed, but with each word, within each sentence, the jagged lines of letters were shown. The events of recent past troubled the mind, and the writing did not come as elegant as it normally had.*

Mother,
I wish you were here. No one was able to handle and bear the pressure of the world as focused as you had. Even now I feel like a person deeply entangled trying to merely reach for a light.

This throne that you had built so long ago had always held my highest regard. It was a great honor to me to even lay my eyes upon it. The depths of your influence, the power you held radiated from it. Over the many years, I've seen others sit upon it, and even I had sat upon it. But never does it seem to radiate like it had when you sat upon it. Even now that I had again, I feel as if I had perverted it. I made gains, I've done some of the impossible, but now that very seat of influence, is now converting to a seat of corpses.

I often find myself questioning my own humanity. As I look back and try to think where did the change begin, I find myself still lost with various possible reasons. I had thought, it was perhaps the Devil that forced me into his service...

I had even thought it was because of the Fang...

I know you wouldn't have been pleased about the ancient one. But as powerful as he is, how...how could I not? History knows of most of his greatest deeds and accomplishment. And like me, he was a mere human once. In truth, I sort of envy him. A human the race most people look down upon as mere breeding rats could ascend to such power and greatness. But for him there was a great cost. He will never look or appear as the same man he once was. Physical pleasures are likely a thing for the long past. But still he's no one to trifle with and he sees usefulness in me. He might even be an means for my own longevity, but I not want the same course as he did.

But yet when I was content with him, I found myself in another situation ...another devil, indeed I had intent to slay it, but he was clever and knew my weakness and took advantage of it. Also my companion ...was far too important to me to lose. Her skills is unmatched, her guile always improves. And she protects and sees to my safety blindly. As I had once did with you. And yet even this new devil offers power only a devil like him could offer. The sins of humans temptations was never so clear to me at that offer.

Yet now, even this very moment, I am no longer the hunter for I am being hunted. Ironic it seems that I am hunted by shadows. The Gods are surely mocking me. I was only suppose to help someone gather information in the whereabouts of fugitives. Yet now I found myself twisted in a mages game. Anger had boiled within me, I've vow to commit inflicting pain. Yet why? I think back to your teachings and I realize, I've not followed it. Never was I suppose to ever leave a trail of blood, yet instead, I've been leaving a trail of bodies. And now..after writing to you, even though you will never see it, I understand what I did wrong. I understand what the Death Knights advised me not to do. Yet I failed in not doing. I became...ambitious.

Long ago I remember, I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody. Youthful dreams I consider that now. Oh, it's delightful to have ambitions. I'm so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to them-- that's the best of it. Just as soon as you attain to one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting. Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize my passion. It keeps me sane mother. There was nothing more in life to me than to serve you. But you are gone, banished from the coast, banish to never return, and even now I dont even know if you are will amongst the living. But I realize the man I am, I am a man that must find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.

You see mother, times has changed. In order to progress in this new life, one must be ambitious. Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat I say. Grasp it, embrace it, even copulate with it . By all means make it yours and yours to control. I'm done playing nice and I'm exhausted with caution and being polite. Politeness. Now there's a poor man's virtue if ever there was one. What's so admirable about inoffensiveness, I should like to know. After all, it's easily achieved. One needs no particular talent to be polite. On the contrary, being nice is what's left when you've failed at everything else. People with ambition don't give a damn what other people think about them. I've worked too hard, strained by back and even spilled my blood, and for what? What have I really gained? Nothing. But this ancient one , he's the closes I've seen that reminds me of you. I have made the choice to be his agent, to be his Fang Bearer. When I have completed his task, I will be deserving to wield the blade, and I will ask him to grant me longevity without turning undead if it is possible. I know you likely wouldn't approve but I now live in the world of ambition, and I've worked too bloody hard in this life already.

*The quill was set down on the desk, the pages left open for the ink to dry. He leaned back closing his eyes reflecting on all the things that had transpired over the past year. So much he did, so much, he accomplished and so many lives lost due to his own actions directly or indirectly. He wondered what would he really become as a man. He glanced down at his sword knowing its thirst. Was he becoming a Death Bringer? Did the hungry thirst of his blade, merged with his own desires? Surely the many corpse piled in his wake would make someone question their very humanity. But then again, when your hands are soaked with that much blood, such questions become futile. As he notice the ink had dried, he closed his journal and let out a soft whisper with a mix of sarcasm*

"Hero's have it easy."

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Titles

โ€œIt is not titles that honors men,
but men that honors titles.โ€

There are some promotions in life, which, independent of the more substantial rewards they offer, acquire peculiar value and dignity from the coats and waistcoats connected with them. A field-marshal has his uniform, a bishop his silk apron, a counsellor his silk gown, a beadle his cocked hat. Strip the bishop of his apron, or the beadle of his hat and lace, what are they? I will tell you, Men. Mere men. Dignity, and even holiness too, sometimes, are more questions of coat and waistcoat than some people imagine.

"Titles are just constructs to help us label one another to quickly assess what someone is worth without thinking too much. They served their purpose in creating necessary boundaries, reminding people of their place in life. Leadership is not about titles and self-entitlements. It is an agreement to serve those entitled to the service."

"And I have agreed to give my service to one whom I've deemed a rightful Master. I've carried out his biddings, I've accomplished this tasks, and I've given my loyalty. And he's helped aid me in return. I know not when he will send the Death Knights for me, but patiently I await. The memory of our last meeting still holds fresh within my mind, his domain, his words..."

"End the schemes of the devils, Fang-bearer and you have proven your self worthy of the blade."

"As I look upon the blade that sent me on a long journey from the smoke filled tavern of the Broken Goblet to far distance of Amn, I now find the blade more appealing. My mind wonders of the many other past Fang Bearers before me that held this very sword. What deeds had they accomplished, how long were they holders of the blade, and are they any more still existing this day. I know this only, that if ever I come across another Fang Bearer, they would also be worthy of their blade and they would serve the same Master, the Shadow King."

"You've brought me purpose, motivation"

"Let me return the favor by quenching your thirst. After all soon I will be deemed the worthy,"

"Fang Bearer Sel Darkmore"

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

The Bad Person

โ€œEvery single person is a fool,
insane, a failure,
or a bad person to at least ten people.โ€

*The book opens and the delicate pages were turned until he reached a blank page. The dip of the quill followed by a gentle shake, initiated the next entry. The page number unwritten but the date written clearly made the obvious notation. He titled it

"The Bad Person".

27 Ches 1360

"The dream I had last night was intriguing, my life was different, I wasn't living in Roaringshore. I had made a different choice from what I remembered in my past. This version of me was nothing like how things are now. I was a Pasha, not a pirate. I owned an extravagant home, not a ship. I was shrouded in finery, not pretending that I had wealth. I had servant that did my every bidding, no longer did I have to manipulate others. I felt like a king, not a scoundrel. Many loved and admired me, not look at me with despicable gazes. Anything I wanted, I simply needed to gesture at it, no longer hustling for every gain."

"My ideas always were confused. In a peculiar way, the unreality of the outer world appeared to be an extension of my own disturbed state of mind. I have my own interpretation of freedom. I feel no one can really tell me exactly what 'freedom' means. If I am not free to be as twisted as I wanna be then I don't consider myself free at all. It's amusing to me that we refer to people who live in their heads as detached, disturbed, or mad, when reality for anyone is actually a matter of the individual's state of mind. The mad truth is all people live in their heads. Whatever you think life is, it is. And what many don't know, is that the most terrifying part of it all, was that the evil dwelling in those those peoples eyes, could've easily gone unnoticed by many."

"Regardless if I look back into a mere dream of a different life or face the reality of the life I've chosen, as I stared down at my hands I still see the blood that long ago coated them." *A drop of ink fell from the tip of the quill leaving a blotched mess on the delicate page of the journal.* "How warm and real something felt when it wasnโ€™t just ink and stains. This was life and I was holding it in my hands." *He drew his head back and closed his eyes. Beneath the flickering lantern and the distant cries of seagulls from the ships window, he saw nothing else but the dead body. Somebody within the Abandon Mines north of Beregost had taken her life, her head. And that somebody was him* "There I was with her warm, sticky blood. Feeling the most alive Iโ€™d felt in years. I've never considered myself the bad person, not in my opinion anyway. I was merely the tool then, others were to blame in my belief. I am a man with morals, give me the reason and I will go for the throat. It may not be that day, I might even be months if not years later. I'm a patient man, and I see nothing better than the right opportune moment. But without a reason , I will simply smile."

Return to โ€œCharacter Biographiesโ€