The Broken Goblet

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

selhan

Re: The Broken Goblet

Unread post by selhan »

Crimson Sky's

"Rumbling grounds,
disturbing sounds,
Blood filled skies,
Someone dies..."

Walking along the beach of Roaringshore, the bartender glances over at the ocean to see the red reflection. He looks up to the clouds as sees that the entire sky was crimson. Crimson like a rose, crimson like blood. And such a sky came with periodic quakes. Drunk lips spit forth rumors and superstitious omens. At least that was in the Shore'. Sailors have a saying, "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailor's warning". Such a crimson sky could possibly have many other meanings depending where ones stays, what ones culture is or where they are from. There would be many differences to the meaning of a crimson sky. However most can agree to one or two things when looking up at them. The view is ominous or the view is powerful.

Within the Goblet it started as a normal day within the life of the Shore'. The bartender was in early, a minstrel came by to make some coins, and along with a new face. Bartenders like a new face, it means business still continues. Always wanting to give a good impression, and offer good service for the bartender needs the attraction of more patrons. The drinks maybe cheap and affordable to most, but the more drinks sold in volumes means more coins. And a Goblet coin is a Goblet coin.

Not everybody that comes to the Shore nor visit the Broken Goblet tavern is well fit. Some are out of place, some don't belong. The others fit right in. From a sailor, a pirate, a thief, a smuggler a con artist, a murderer, a dealer or a run away. Roaringshore provides its freedom. A Quartermaster once came into the Goblet and said "Hail free men and woman of Roaringshore." Aye tis a free village it was. Brutal to some, barbaric to others. But here in the Shore, all men and woman felt free.

Free to wield their weapons, free to wear a mask, free to hide an identity, free to carouse, free to publicly drink and get drunk. However, sometimes such freedom can cost a brutal fate. Patrons within the Goblet this day, might speak of a moment when two men came to a heated discussion. When one mocked the faith of the other. Such the thing is common within the Goblet, but when things escalates to violence, the bartender always says one word just to break the heated state between men or women that are ready to hurt each other.

"Furniture."

The Broken Goblet owners care for two things and two things only . One the furniture. And the goblets are a big part of such furniture. The goblets are made of blown glass with there various elegantly crafted stems. Lastly the coins. The owner loves her coins but she loves the furniture more so , specially the goblets.

Patrons this day within the Broken Goblet might speak of when two men stepped outside under the crimson sky with murderous expression, and intent on killing each other. The bartender casually watched the two mean leave all the while smiling and continuing his work serving drinks and sharing talks with patrons who chose to remain by the bar. Such things were normal in the lawless land of Roaringshore. This was where men and women were free.

Later during the late night, when the bartender was heading down to the docks of Roaringshore to find a promising fishing spot, he met a strange half orc with Red hair. After some talks they headed to the Broken Goblet. What didn't go unnoticed to the bartenders keen eyes, was that there didn't seem to be a body on the beach, when there was suppose to be. Guess the sharks were fed.

“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's. So I say, let's drink till we reach the Heaven's! Huzzah!"

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"
selhan

Unread post by selhan »

Bored Goblets

"Hey Sel, what you doing here?"

"Ain't be knowing yet, letting Pike take the Bar tonite."

"I need to make a few more coins for one of them rapiers in the Shore'"

"Few eh? Come on then follow me, we go make them coins and I be knowing someone that can git yer a proper deal"

"Heard there was two killings in the Shore"

"Ain't nuthing just a typical day n all. Long as them folk's ain't damage the Goblet, they can stack each other's bodies outside the front door for all I care."

"Now lets go get that poker that you wanted."

The bartender likes his patrons. After all they bring the coins and stories. Once in awhile he will go out of his way to help them obtain what they seek. He wasn't always a bartender. Living in the Gates over a decade, hes' known many, met even more. For anyone that has been around for quite sometime, they've learned whos who , and what's what.

When his patrons needed to make a little bit of extra coins, he knew where to take them. And he didn't mind, cause someday, or sometime, some of that coin will be given to him for a goblet . Every one that knows the bartender in the Shore, knows that's a bartender that works diligently. He gets things done.

Some people focus on building groups, friends, factions or even crews. Other's, they build empires, or families or even armies'.

The bartender of the Goblet will tell you..

"If yer going to build anything, better know what your doing first or you will have a shaky foundation and just when you think you built something, it comes collapsing all around you."
“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's. So I say, let's drink till we reach the Heaven's! Huzzah!"

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

((OOC Reminder))

Hi folks! With the upcoming weekend and the Hellstorms event I'm predicting a whole lotta rp. For many that follows my thread Im sure theres plenty of you thats well aware of whats been going on OOC in Roaringshore. Im having a blast of fun with it all. But I feel that I need to post some OOC Reminders incase some of you feeling froggy, and for some of you who have missed the other OOC posts. For others, sorry if I seem repetitive but its not easy trying to maintain such a tavern!. So then let me begin.

1. The Broken Goblet is NOT a faction. It's a tavern just like the Elfsong, the Gloria Wings and Megs place over in Soubar. My character is simply the player bartender willing do the rp of one. I did not build the Broken Goblet nor is it my own creation. I simply stick to Lore and DM rulings.

2. My PC is Not the owner, A npc namely "Miss Jackie" who is played by a DM. Is the Broken Goblets Owner. My character answers to her and her only. Please do not ask me ic or ooc about dealings or trades etc with the NPC High Captains or other any Captains that rp in Roaringshore. That is a whole other entity. Nor do I run the Sword Arm Inn. I got nothing to do with that. Even my PC rents a room there.

-------------------------------------

Let me add below the DM Rulings/Instructions that I was given when I took up this Rp of a bartender in the Broken Goblet.

1:) Sel is not to get into the business of the High Captains. "We stay out their business, they stay out of ours, they bring the crews, we serve them the drinks."

2:) If any player ic violates any of the rules within the Broken Goblet , they are to get kicked out. If I Rp that I tell the two NPC door guards
to remove the player, said player is to rp it accordingly or get reported for Godmodding. The player side hired Guard namely Volstagg the
Half Orc serves the same purpose. The tavern rules are the following..

a. No Fighting in the Drinking Area ((Take the fights outside or in the pit))
b. No touching the barmaids ((The barmaids are dopplegangers, if touched , they would stab you or worse))
c. No breaking of furniture to include the goblets.
d. Any and all is welcomed to the Tavern ((However, mind the theme of this tavern. Its in a Pirate Village. I dont
care if your a paladin of Zeus or Sailor Moon etc. Such a character risks encountering hostile expressions. Do not get offended if such a
character of yours suddenly gets chin checked , degraded or insulted. It's Role Play, if you cant tell the difference between RP IC
Rudeness to OOC Rudeness then please this place is not for you. It is given, a bartender will care for business and likes more customers.
I might welcome you with a smile, don't expect the patrons will. ))

3:) The Broken Goblet has a gambling room. It is open for all patrons. However the Office and Vault room are IC OFF Limits to non staff.
Unless given permission by the staff. Its Meta to simply walk up in there as you please if your not an employee of the Broken Goblet.

4:) Sel is not the Owner of the Broken Goblet nor is Captain Pike.

5:) Any minstrel / performer is welcome to come to the Goblet and preform. But they work on tips, not Goblet Coins.

-------------------------------------

3. I do my damn hardest to keep the setting and theme of the Broken Goblet and the RP going as well as tryin to spread the rp around the server. Players who know me and has played with me knows, even I take breaks from the tavern and goes about to other places. Sadly my time zone shares with Aussies Time Zone. So unless im off or on leave from work, I struggle to meet folks during the high populated times.

4. AFKing in the Goblet - Real life is real life, but I simply ask if you can, afk in the Header. One reason is I often take screen shots in the Goblet and dont want the AFK tag in it, another reason is its what its there for! lol Who knows you might even find RP in the Header too!

5. My Posts in the Broken Goblet thread are for DM's and Staff. I need to show my activity. The Goblet is not my own creation or home. I got hired to work there, I need to show my pc's activity. However a lot of you enjoy the posts, so I try to keep it entertaining for all.

6. Lastly just cause I feel it needs to be said. I'm sure there has been returning players and sees things are much different in the Broken Goblet. The Reality is, those such players had left for whatever reasons they had. Roaringshore was a dead player base area for years And Im talking like somewhere between 3-5 years. The Broken Goblet ain't even had its own thread. The first time I played on BG was 2009. That thing called RL pulled me away. But I came back when I could, even if there was alot of years in between. I know full well how it feels coming back to something that is not what it once was. And well I had to adapt and respect the dedicated players that kept things going however they did it. I simply ask for the same in return. I'm here, I'm putting in the work, it's my sleep, time, and energy lost, and I do it for the server.

Now enough of this ooc talk and lets get to Rp eh? *Chest pound and Fist bumps*

And much thanks for the players most of all that come around and rp, If it wasn't for you guys I'd have boring posts 90% of the times!
And much thanks for Dev's and Dm's support. I try my best not to bother you guys but when I do I appreciate the response.

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

//October 1 at 20:00 gmt

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

Pinching Pockets

Rogues - were versatile masters of stealth, nimble combat, and various skillful tricks. Where other adventurers had the power to defeat their enemies, rogues used their wits and their natural resourcefulness to exploit their foes' vulnerabilities as well as to lead their allies safely through dangerous environments, disarming traps and opening locks along the way.

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word...
think of them instead as kings-in-training.
Ye seem upset, even disputatious.
Well, then, look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant. ”
— Excerpt from Shards and Swords

Common to most cities in Faerûn, rogues were an incredibly diverse group, including burglars, assassins, and con artists as well as more lawfully employed persons, like locksmiths, investigators, exterminators, or treasure hunters. To a large extent, the criminal sort of rogue was considered more typical and both thieves' and assassins' guilds were found widely throughout the world, some of which were incredibly powerful.

Rogues have little in common with each other. While some - maybe even the majority - are stealthy thieves, many serve as scouts, spies, investigators, diplomats, and simple thugs. Rogues are versatile, adaptable, and skilled at getting what others don't want them to get. While not equal to a fighter in combat, a rogue knows how to hit where it hurts, and a sneak attack can dish out a lot of damage. Rogues also seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to avoiding danger. Experienced rogues develop nearly magical powers and skills as they master the arts of stealth, evasion, and sneak attacks. In addition, while not capable of casting spells on their own, a rogue can sometimes "fake it" well enough to cast spells from scrolls, activate wands, and use just about any other magic item.

Roaringshore was a place of pirates, but not limited too. With the nickname Little Luskan, the Shore' had its share of various types. From dark and evil mages to even that of ex black guards or even thieves and or assassins. Streets filled with vagabonds of all sort they all have one thing in common, they are freedom men and women here. Sometimes however certain habits gets the best of them. Like when a thief pinches the pocket of another. Some common street knave does it to try and feed themselves, others live off simple greed. When a person who grew up pinchin pockets for so long, it becomes second nature. Some do it very well, even right under your very nose. Only the keenest of eyes could catch the swift movement. A hug, a hand shake, brushing of shoulders even a dance.

"..Like this Amulet..?"

"...Give it back!"

Some are bold enough to simply show you what they took. Mainly to show off their abilities. Lets face it, if the thief is showing you what they took, then really they had no intentions as all to steal it from you. Because we all know a good thief, when they take something you wouldn't even know. The bartender of the Broken Goblet would tell you..

"Don't let a pretty face, hair and a smile fool yer, a woman on yer lap could be be emptying yer coin purse just as much as your emptying yer goblet."

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

"HUZZAH!"

The day of the brawl hosted by the Hellstorms finally arrived! One of the oldest crew set within the Shore that enjoys the life of freedom, with goals to see Roaringshore thrive with plunder! The gathering of patrons and contenders started to pour into the Broken Goblet tavern anxious for the event to begin, however there was a matter of necessity that had to be handled first.

Every city, every town has their own way of things. The pirate village known as Roaringshore is not excluded. Sometimes grievance needs to be concluded. And one of the Quartermasters from the Shore made sure of just that. Just moments before the event started, patrons and contenders would know of the moment when a woman's cheek was cut off by the handy work of the Quartermaster. A young man who was sent by the High Admiral Ambrosioto to the Captain of the Hellstorms as a gift.

"This sorcerer" *A talon tipped finger indicated to a hooded woman.* "Accosted Rose and assaulted her. Let this be a reminder to all, that outsiders shall not find easy marks in the freemen and women of Roaringshore."

The sounds of the woman's scream had some patrons of the Goblet gasped in horror, some chuckled, others even cheered. The bartender only grinned seeming not bothered at all. Was he used to such? Or was he simply numb? Such the life was of Roaringshore. He would call the residence and the frequent patrons, the best batch of the most funniest folks he's ever met. And most of them had and iron forge for guts. But now it was time to see to the pit. The bartender took the steps below like heading down below deck on a ship, soon as he entered the first match was near ready. The host gathering the entry fees, onlookers making side bets. All anxious to see the outcome.

Business went great this day, people coming to see the matches and even placing side bets on their picked champions. Patrons eager for drinks to keep the heads light and bubbly while enjoying the show. When the Shore brings the fun to the tables, they bring it all, music, blood, spit, curses, coins and a good drink!.

With no one entering for the first tier fights, the second tier and third went underway. Many fights took place, some even the bartender missed due to some important business. Still on lookers would tell you, even the women of the Shore shed blood for the pot!

Parries, thrusts and a series of slashing, combatants fought vigorously all eager for the prize money, all eager to show they werent affraid, and all willing to do so with the expense of their own blood. However when it came to the third tier fight, much anticipation was hung in the air. The Shore's reigning champion, versus the new contender wishing to test their prowess.

There was no shame this day for everybody that entered the match was made of more sterner stuff. Cuts and bruises is what makes them. Some losing contenders were voted down the grate, a filthy end some would say, but even those that went down the filthy grate got back on their two feet and walked back into the tavern for a drink and to watch more! And that is such the life in Roaringshore!

But let it be known from this day forth the winners where named
Callo Haphet - Winner Tier 3
Jacques le Gris - Winner Tier 2

After the matches, after the spilling of blood and sweat it was called out..that it be a good time for a drink!!!

The carousing continued in response of a successful day! The fighting pit had its winners and the patrons all had their goblets! But the carousing didn't stop! Even some men had arm wrestled with drinks in their veins.

All through the night the Broken Goblet was filled! Rounds of goblets purchases and rounds of goblets refilled! The bartender and Captain Pike periodically looked at each other with a wide grin, knowing Miss Jackie the owner of the tavern would be pleased for the income this day!

Even one of the ugliest gnome the bartender had ever seen later arrived to hang out in the Goblet. But the bartender didn't let him go unnoticed. Summoning the little ugly bugger to get a drink when the bartender was satisfied. Who would have known, even the deep dweller has found folks in the Shore' he would consider friends. But now the night was over, and the new day begins. But not without a tavern shaking ..

"Huzzah!"

((Big Goblet Thank You to all the players that still manage to attend and rp. You all are most appreciated. Thanks to the Hellstorms and their event. It's a good day in BG when such an event can conclude without a single OOC Drama. Way to go folks that is solid RP! Sorry for lacking more screen shots the time zone was killing me and I faced rolled my keyboard some. But I hope I didn't disappoint too much!))

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

Fire Wine

"Earlier you mention fame..well..Fame I care nothing of. Tis influence. Influence makes the world turn...Coin can only get so ..far...Fame and reputation ..fills graves"

"Influence is powerful no lie... but ignorance is just as much... Its amazing how much tha foolish manage ta get away with"

"Then it might be best I have someone like you to keep an eye on my backside..."

"Well keepin an eye on yer backside is fun....but I'm still taking what I want.."

They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can't stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch! Sit me down? Nay come more aggressive than that I say. Water? Pfft, I prefer rum. Pats me on my head? They better be kidding.

Everybody has a little bit of the sun and moon in them. Everybody has a little bit of man, woman, and animal in them. Darks and lights in them. Everyone is part of a connected cosmic system. Part earth and sea, wind and fire, with some salt and dust swimming in them. We have a universe within ourselves that mimics the universe outside. None of us are just black or white, or never wrong and always right. No one. No one exists without polarities. Everybody has good and bad forces working with them, against them, and within them.

In this imperfect world, every body needs a moment's respite. Regardless of the chaos around us, no matter what tasks need to be done and no matter what threatens our very existence. If one does not take break to indulge even in the littlest of pleasures, their focus will be distracted, their concentration brittle. I remember being asked "How are you so calm, are you not taking things serious?". That question nearly made me laugh but I did not, for I do take everything seriously and probably more so than others. I was trained to remain calm, that was on of the things "Mother" taught us. A thinking mind is a better weapon than a reflexive hand. Reflex is a means best in a defensive situation. Calculation and being tactful is where your offense should lead from.

*But enough of that, I'm burning up!*

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

((OOC ))

Sorry folks that follow the thread. Needed to take a break today. Been so much Rp the past week even my hands were feeling cramped and needed to do some heavily looting. Bartender a RP/IC job but trust me I aint get paid much! :lol: Its all rp and dont get me wrong I enjoy it! but I got a messenger to pay, minstrels to tip

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil

"Gawain is that you?"

"It is, I have returned"

"Sort of a bad to return however with the world gone to shite."

"Yes, I have been spending time up in Neverwinter. And yes, seems it is like this quite everywhere in the world"

People in the Gate and its surrounding lands tend to take a venture further. Leaving this part of the Sword Coast to see other opportunities. But in due time, they tend to return. And most times, they return after a lot of changes.

The bartender was in the Gates shopping for some supplies, the busy week that had passed nearly empty his personal stocks. He hasn't heard much from the roads within the tavern but he heard plenty during his route. Talks of pink mists killing and nearly killing people in the harbor. The flyers of Candlekeep with offerings of lore and knowledge in regards to the silence of the Gods. Yet still...even after he finally return to Roaringshore, patrons had started to pour in filling the Goblet much like the way he fills a patrons goblet.

But the night got interesting when Baldarian Watchman entered the tavern seeking for a person. However they didn't seem to realize just what sort of tavern the Broken Goblet was. Patrons turned away as if to ignore the Watchman, the other patrons played it off as if they knew not whom the Watchman was seeking. Not even the bartender indulged in any proper info. Free men and woman in the Shore like being free men and women of the Shore. Snitchin' is bad for business. And the bartender along with his patrons showed the Watchman clearly, they were not going to give up a name. After all this was the Shore. And folks around the Shore have a goal to see the place thrive.

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

((Disclaimer- This post might be a trigger to some, do remember this is simply a game of Role Play. And I have had nearly 13 years of RP on this server. Long before a lot of new rules and change of rules. I like intrigue so I purposely left somethings out to keep minds in wonder. How things played out in the past will never be spoken of IC I think...*wink* ...Lastly Do avoid Meta Gaming))
To Care, To Care Not.

The tavern was quiet, silent...unlike most nights where many of the local ships crews and passing travelers would enter to get a few drinks and indulge in talks or carouse, instead it was an eerie silence. The bartender had decided to turn the bar over to Captain Pike and then head down stairs to change into his venturing clothes. Grabbing the proper supplies that he would need, he soon set off to be left to his thoughts why looking for something dangerous to slay. After all, such a thing helps him clear his head. After leaving the Broken Goblet, he glances over to the oceans horizon, admiring the ships that were anchored beyond the reefs.

Much later after boat rides, and caravan trips and long treks, he couldn't help but look up into the sky to see its dreading color. Tis been over a tenday if not more that the sky would look as if it bleed. The quakes still shook the ground periodically, magic seem to have gotten more wild and unpredictable. Spells were really becoming too dangerous to cast. To rely on mundane means was the better course.

Part of him wondered if any living soul around the Coast was doing something about it? Will this be the new way of life? He was already told of water elementals coming out of the grates and large crabs crawling on the beach and attacking residence. When will it end, what's not being done, is there even something someone can even do. Or is it all a matter of testing our faiths? A test to see if we even care or not?.

It's hard to even care when mostly at times a person walks with no emotion. Some people smile and greet others in passing, some even scowl or glare. But just how much of it all is just and act? I say..Take lightly what you hear about individuals. We need not distort trust for our paltry little political agendas. We tend to trust soulless, carried information more than we trust soulful human beings, but really most people aren't so bad once you sit down and have an drink, and a one-on-one conversation with them, once, with an open heart, you listen to their explanations as to why they act the way they act, or say what they say, or do what they do. Some of us, threw away emotions long ago.

Many a times the bartender has seen men and woman stand around showing they are emotionless. Eyes glares, brows furrows. Some talk a big talk. But often times the bartender wonders what was the worse thing these men and woman ever done? He knows he may never know, nor does he really wish to know. For even he had his own "skeletons in the closet".

It takes throwing away emotions to do some of the more despicable or horrible things that could be done in the world. When a person does just that more often than naught, they grow use to it. Some are even able to switch emotions on and off like a candle. For some people its difficult to cut a man down, most need some sort of reason, a motivation. Others desire to kill, bask in the deed of murder. Others, don't seem to think nothing more of such deeds. They wont even blink or hesitate.

What makes a person able to simply switch their emotions on and off like a candleflame? Some past traumatizing event? Mind manipulation or control? Or where they simply trained to be such a way? Slaves are often trained to obey. To break ones mind down to make them submit is a tactful way. Unless born a slave, there will be much resistance, a hard fight for their liberty their freedom. They will never submit so easy. Unless broken. Such a tactic is used to train men and woman to because a mere tool, and extension of a weapon.

Traveling with a companion and glancing up at the big moon in the crimson sky, he looked at it as a bad omen. Looking to the woman next to him, he couldn't help wonder, what was the worse thing she's done? What ever it was, would it be equal to his worst deed?..

1346 DR - Somewhere along the Trade way
"NO STOP DONT DO IT!"
"NO!!!!"
"I will not fail in my task because this warf of a boy refuses to talk!"
"STAND DOWN! PUT THAT AWAY!"
"DONT DO IT!"
"He's just a boy!"

“Emotions don’t interfere in my acting, nor in my life.”

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

*A flyer was pinned upon the wall within the Broken Goblet Tavern for patrons to see.

The Spooky Show!

Hosted by: The White Mask Theatre
Theme: Spooky, Scary, Fun!

Wear a costume or be cursed with the Curse of the Fool!

Date: Marnoth 22
((Octobeer 2, 2 2pm EST, 6pm GMT))

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

You Can Run, Maybe...

"You alright there fella?"
"I'll be alright after I get some more drink in me."
"hmm aye worlds gone crazy in all. You know, silence of the gods, gods dying, villages being wiped out , devils spawning and magic all gone to shite."
"Not all the gods are silent. *He leans in* Some are closer than you might think!"
"What that ... one over in Candlekeep? Heard about that one."
*hic* I tell you shomething most don't know. My company *hic* was wiped by Bhaal."
"Now that, is quite the nasty god....I do hope ..your company was no place too near ...here.."
"I've been putting some distance between myself and the events."

There are two kinds of people in the world – first those who run away from danger, then there are those who run towards danger, to see if someone needs help. I always call that later ones idiots. For the ones that run away from danger, they are not always mere cowards. They are the tactical ones that know when to fall back and when to properly regroup to plan for a victory later. Thinking wins wars, reacting is for the battlefield. It a person does it the other way around, they will lose surely.

It's been a few days since the bartender had heard any new rumors or word from the roads. Other then the stuff of piling bodies within the Shore. However finally when a suspicious traveling comes in needing not one, not two but three drinks to calm his nerves, they bring word most horrid. Word of Bhaal..

Bhaal - was the widely feared, Faerûnian god of violence and ritualistic murder. And he was close..

The bartenders expression was one of seriousness. No longer the grins, no more the laughs, for he knew , if Bhaal was near, this part of the Coast would not be safe. Bhaal for many years has plagued the City of Baldur's one way or another trying to rule it all as well as the surrounding lands. Many adventures died to the call. The bartender knew, something big was about to happen, and it was going to happen soon. However this same traveler that claimed to belong to a company had a very interesting tattoo upon his hand. And the bartender along with his minstrel couldn't help but recall something they heard a tenday ago.

"Is ...that why he slayed your company? Did you have what he wanted?"
"Nah we didn't have it, although we went through a lot of trouble looking for it..."
"The tablets of fate Cyric called them."
"Aye I heard about these tablets of fate, aint know what it is or what it look like. But heard its part of why all the gods got a big ol spanking and got sent down to our mortal world."
"Word of advice, just stay out of their way, lest you get wiped out as well."
"Your tattoo...the scorpion..what it means? If you dont mind me askin"
"...it was the symbol of the company I was in."
"Wouldnt happen to know...about a particular Halfling village near Cormyr. ..would you?"
*Glares* "I don't know nothing about that." *He looks around*
"Well I need to get some sleep, tomorrow I keep moving."

The bartender of the Broken Goblet had a pondering thought...
“You can keep as quiet as you like, but one of these days somebody is going to find you.”

"I can tell Captain Anglo is tired of this... Qadan business, however. I spoke with him. He wants to end it, one way or another."
"Been tellin ya, that body aint even worth the head ache. Honor, Glory, the desire to do whats right..those three bloody things only fills graves Rose. Go to the graveyard in the Gate and ask the many graves what they think about those three things now...Silence will be the response."

"But I agree, glory, not fame, is not something for the living. Many people die in the name of it."
"Rosey, your a minstrel, your flowery arse should stick to singing and making the boys and girls happy. No going off collecting and trying to trade bodies like some bloody merchant."

"Follow him.."

selhan

Unread post by selhan »

A Bartenders Circle

Observing eyes gains more knowledge than any book. Trained enough, and you can take in everything you need too and learn everything. A slippery tongue is another key tool to have. When a person asks the right questions, their answers will present themselves. Sometimes , convincing methods have to be used. A show of brute force, intimidation threats.

Some people say If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid. But there's another way that can control kingdoms. Influence.

The capacity to have an effect on an one character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself. There's an old saying, "Knowledge is power". Many misinterpret it, others see several meanings in the term. Few use it properly. One thing a bartender does much like a hair dresser, or a tailor, that is speak with patrons many times over. During such times, they tend to learn of their patrons, what they like, their personalities, goals and even ambitions. A bartender needs to manipulate the patrons to continue returning to buy drinks, which means they also keep the business running. Such manipulation becomes second nature, to a point they know every bit of details about their most frequent patrons. Thus learning what they all really like in life.

Most patrons are swayed by the right sizable bag of gold...

Some seek any gain in powers...

Some prefer magical artifacts...

Some even search for purpose, or simply servitude..

Others, simply have bigger desires..

Some patrons might have seen the bartender dragging a man tied and bound that was barely in a conscious state...

DM Ghost
Head DM

Unread post by DM Ghost »

A notice is nailed to both sides of the door of the Broken Goblet.

Recently there has been fights inside Broken Goblet, and while I'm not going to be spoiling everyone's fun, my employers wish to limit the damage this has to the business and so I have spoken with the High Admiral and the High Captains about this. We've agreed to this:

- Absolutely no threats to the staff will be accepted.

- If you talk trash about any of the pirate crews and they want to shank you, our guards are not going to stop them.

- If pirates from the crews come looking for fights, the bouncers will throw them out and their respective captains informed of their disrespect of the tavern.

- If the a captain himself disrespects the tavern, the High Admiral and High Captains will be informed, and it is likely the captain's ship and crew will find staying in Roaringshore challenging.

- Miss Jackie
selhan

Unread post by selhan »

The God of Murder, Murdered

Within the pirate village known as Roaringshore, the day had seemed normal. Seagulls flew high above the air, sailors heading to their destinations, and some drunks stumbling to the Inn. He headed to the Broken Goblet to see who he could find to gather for a venture to the Serpent Hills. The bartender wanted to get an early start so he could tend to patrons for the remainder of the evening. Finding some able and willing bodies, they set off towards Boareskyr Bridge. However...the Bridge was blocked..

Brown eyes glanced around with a curious wonder. So many onlookers were focused on the bridge. Shifting around and moving to another position upon a hill he glanced over towards the middle of the bridge to witness a fight between 2 mean and a woman against one other man. Who they were at this time, the bartender did not know. But there surely was a lot of spilled blood.

He couldn't keep still, he felt something..something he only felt once before. He kept looking around shifting positions moving to get better view trying to get a good look at the individuals battling on the middle part of the bridge.

The battle there was surly intensifying. Hero's after hero's with the sense of duty approached to assist in some way shape or form only to be put down if not hurt to the edge of death. One of them even lost an arm.

The battle raged on into the day, onlookers defending themselves from spawned creatures some injured badly others pulling away unscathed. At that moment, the bartender taking a closer look seen something strange. The man later known as Bhaal drew forth a life essence from one of his own followers and becoming stronger.

Retreating back because he was unsure what sort of devastation may follow, he regrouped with the many faces that where his frequent patrons of the Broken Goblet. Blood sprayed and spilled , bodies torn and maimed but that was just the first half.

The sounds of bones rattling causes him and others to glance back over their shoulders, a horde of skeletal beings where marching down the path. So many, so lifeless, yet fully animated, and their backs was against the hills edge.

The bartender hated things that didn't bleed, seething through his teeth he drew his swords and called for the patrons that he knew to help disrupt the flow of the undead horde! Not knowing how much more of a mess their added presence may cause, him and the patrons however reacted by engaging the horde. Blades, warmace, fists and boots and even hellballs met the skeletons head on. The skeletons were frail , nothing but old brittle bones, but their numbers were massive and they kept coming forth!

Waves upon waves they kept coming. The war cry of Tempus was over heard and a mountain half orc leaped into the fray, a minstrel gave inspiration to bolster the nearby living people to fight on and endure. Magic although unpredictable was flung at the horde, some destroying massive numbers, swords of all types wasn't as effective as the blunted weapons but never the less in skillful hands, they slowed the approach. The bartender quick on his toes shifted and pivoted, spinning and dodging and hacked at lifeless limbs while a hail of arrows zipped passed his head to knock skulls off undead animated corpses. The ground shook from the destructive magic that were made for a wide area effect.

The sounds of battle rang loudly, even shields were bashing skeletons to a crumbling pile. The stench of the undead assaulted noses but the many who took up positions to halt the advance never wavered. Yet the battle in whole was being fought at two fronts. Lucky enough the one end of the bridge made due to cause a bottleneck for the summoned creatures.

What was mostly missed by the ones fighting the skeletal horde , was the ongoing fight on the bridge. The one later known to be Bhaal overpowers one of the men in the fight, a punch in the gut, he soon pins the man down to the ground. But.... As the Lord of Murder stands above the man...His chest is pierced right through the heart by a glowing red blade by the other man...

As Bhaal falls, the hordes of skeletons crumble into dust. Bhaals' eyes bulge out. He releases what air from the lungs he had... Then his entire body, a writhing mass of blood and wounds, begins to bloat... and swell...

"BACK UP!"
"what the hell?"

The woman near the other side of the bridge calls over to her companions on the other side to herself with urgency! They quickly scramble up to her while one of the men, appearing momentarily confused by the situation, startles and staggers- pulling his blade out of Bhaals chest, before joining the two.

"Down. . get the folk down!"

A flash! The three that were fighting on the bridge are gone in what appears to have been a teleport spell!

Suddenly the dying body at the middle of the bridge ...exploded..

"SEL GET YER ARSE OVER HERE!"

"Netanya, get back here!!"

"Did you see what happened?"

"I saw one of them suddenly explode"

"That one with the dark hair, had some flow of power earlier. Either a god or some mage."

After the dust settled, many tended to the wounded. The ground was soaked in blood and ash. Many others with a confused expression, others more focused on fallen friends.

The bartender after awhile walked up the hill and crouched low taking in the scene before him. What he felt he witness was something always to remember. He's seen a god die and the chaos it took to make it happen. He couldn't help but look around as if searching for something. What he felt earlier , he could no longer not after the teleport spell....One thing for certain that would follow, was the rumors and talk of what took place. Some still unknowing of what was it they seen, others might learn later. The bartender of the Broken Goblet would tell a patron..

"I was there, and seen the God of Murder, murdered on Boareskyr Bridge. I ain't know who kilt him at the time or his companions, but aye, I seen it with my own eyes."

((Big Thanks to BGTSCC, I've always wanted to participate in the Time of Troubles!))

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”