Rumors of Beregost

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

kersplunk

Re: Rumors of Beregost

Unread post by kersplunk »

When the bardess made her way through town, the young Tethyrian woman who had become something of a well known face amongst the townsfolk helping out with the town's rebuilding, as well as becoming known as the new proprietor of the tavern that would be opening just down the street from the Risen Phoenix takes notice of the singing entourage.

Adjusting the sweat-and-sawdust soaked bandana about her brow, she takes a break from painting door and window frames outside of the new establishment to listen. While she didn't inquire as to her motivations, she was all too happy to reward the efforts with generous tips and fresh drawn cool water in the late summer heat.
Carah Evenwood ~ "I want to believe you're wrong. That we can be judged by more than just the sum of our sins. But if you're not, we truly are in hell."

Elena Petrakou ~ "Naturally."

Rahalat Amastacia ~ *awkward lack of eye contact*
BattleBee47

Unread post by BattleBee47 »

A woman in a purple hat with matching dress would approach the people of Beregost and hand them a folded flyer speaking softly on the potential risk of the hunters showing up at the gathering.

Hidden: show
Hoping to meet up between Nashkel and Beregost around 7pm CST / 12am GMT on 8/7. See ya there!
Maevyn Edgar
Battle Bardess

Astere Laroux
Sentinel of the Spellsworn - Member of the Ebon Blade
kersplunk

Unread post by kersplunk »

Outside of the new (and still-yet-to-open-for-business) tavern William's Well in Beregost, the proprietor of the establishment spends several hours sitting out front in the glow of the streetlamps, playing her lute and softly singing a plethora of songs covering a wide range of topics and emotions. Songs of love, of loss... songs exuding a sense of hope and belonging, songs of bitter tragedy, songs of perseverance. Though she seems mostly to sing for herself, several of the townsfolk still out on the streets after dark tarry a moment to listen to the young woman's singing.
Carah Evenwood ~ "I want to believe you're wrong. That we can be judged by more than just the sum of our sins. But if you're not, we truly are in hell."

Elena Petrakou ~ "Naturally."

Rahalat Amastacia ~ *awkward lack of eye contact*
Genuinely Spurious
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Genuinely Spurious »

A meeting of practitioners of the Art was to be held just south of Beregost. A discussion to be had on Amn's new stance on magic and the deadly swift force instilled to remove it from Amnian lands. Members of the Triadic church, Whitewood Vanguard and the Bladestone Foundation were all present as the topic of the mages undead summons came into play. An ask was made to be rid of them and opposition was given by those proud of their Art. A battle ensued as the dead were claimed and sent back to their rest, the magic holding them here, released.

Those steeped in necromantic magics were swiftly put down, their abominations sent to rest along with their summoners. Those mages of lighter disposition, seeking shelter from prosecution fled north with the Bladestone members, to be offered asylum and respite from those that would harm them for their skill in the Art.

A confrontation between a Dreadknight and members of the Triadic church met a impasse as the Triadic speaker offered the Dreadknight a lighter path to walk and the Dreadknight laughed and refused. Before blows were exchanged, the Dreadknight chose to head north after collecting the fell symbols from the fallen necromancers.

Tensions are high.
FearBeforeTheFlames

Unread post by FearBeforeTheFlames »

Rumors speak of an armored figure, tall and stoic, entering the Temple of Lathander within Beregost. The man was seen going to several houses afterwards; seeking families affected by recent events. The Symbol of Torm worn around his neck.

Some familiar with the area confirm the story; and name Alexander Marshall of the Triad as the man seen, though his intent as he moved from house to house could only be guessed at. Regardless - he moved with purpose; and a quiet solitude to his eyes.

Later; the same knight could be seen preparing horse and wagon. Packed with contents unknown; and moving in a Northerly route.
Alexander Marshall - Duty Bind
Fear "...I had hoped they had known me better than this."
Kordren Ivatrix - A Tale of Loss and Darkness
The"It is inevitable."
Aelrynn Valdrick - Hunter in the Woods
Flames"Hearin' alot o' that lately."
artemitavik

Unread post by artemitavik »

With some of the guards from the Refugee Caravans returning, the Bladestone Foundation patrols can be seen returning to normal through the wilderness adjacent to Beregost, the Lion's Way, and the like.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
BattleBee47

A small framed woman accompanied by an armored Half-Orc could be seen entering the Song of the Morning asking questions about a specific member that may have served the Temple.
Maevyn Edgar
Battle Bardess

Astere Laroux
sinopip

Unread post by sinopip »

A signpost is stuck just outside the south entrance in Beregost.
To arcane spellcasters,

We Everwatch have priority in the safety of the lands and its citizens, thus we inform you or remind you that, in Amnian territory, beginning south at Nashkel, arcane spellcasters must register themselves as such to High Judicator Hieron Ampbel in Nashkel, as the new laws are severe about magic of the Art in Amn.

If need be, contact either Mayor Ghastkill to lead you to the registration centre, or contact someone in charge at the temple of the Guardian in Nashkel to help you with your inquiries.

Helm protect you
At the bottom of the text is a stample of a back of a gauntlet with an eye in the middle of it.

DM Soulcatcher wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:06 pm
In the late morning, a large group of armed soldiers and several richly dressed officials come to Nashkel through the Cloud Peaks pass. Their apparent leader, introducing himself as Hieron Ampbel, had organised a meeting in front of Mayor Ghastkill's house. During it, he had spoken the following proclamation:

"By order of the Council of Six, I, Hieron Ampbel, Herald and High Judicator ordained into the newly formed office by their great wisdom, hereby declare that all practitioners of arcane magic- commonly referred to as the Art- are henceforth criminals. The organisation known to everyone as the "Cowled Wizards" has been found to be a malicious cabal with deeply rooted goals of subverting the Council of Six's legitimate and widely-approved government for their own vile ends. As such, in light of the current events involving the Weave as a whole being unpredictable and more dangerous than ever before, the Cowled Wizards are facing total extermination as we speak.

Anyone who is found aiding or protecting any mages- especially those belonging to that dangerous cabal- will be summarily exiled or executed. In order to ensure proper adjustment to the new reality in Amn and its Border Baronies, my colleagues, my retinue and myself have been sent here to help and ensure a smooth transition to the new form of law-keeping. The local contingent of guards will have selected individuals specifically trained in hunting down and combating any practitioner of the Arcane magic- including monsters and people known for deep magical traditions.

I wish to express my deepest gratitude to Mayor Ghastkill for being a generous host for the duration of the transition for which we will remain here.

Glory to Amn and the Council of Six!"
BattleBee47

A woman in a purple hat and matching dress can be seen hanging flyers around town.
She would also seem quite excited to share news of an upcoming Carnival and masquerade party.

Come see me IG or send me a DM for more details or if I'm not around and you're interested!
Maevyn Edgar
Battle Bardess

Astere Laroux
BattleBee47

A woman in purple can be seen hanging flyers around town humming a jovial tune.

Event is on October 16th and slated to start around 1800GMT (1:00pm CST) If interested in performing or displaying your wares, please send a PM.
Maevyn Edgar
Battle Bardess

Astere Laroux
kham

Unread post by kham »

A silver-haired woman bearing the mark of the Icedawn and professing to be a "concerned citizen" would be seen outside of William's Well tavern in Beregost planting a sign in front of the establishment.
Solaris Cult - Master Strategist and Tactician ... or something
Bellatrax- Ze! [Bio Here]
BattleBee47

After a long and challenging trip to the South two hooded figures could be seen entering the Song of the Morning in Beregost asking to speak to anyone who had prior knowledge of the Blight War of 1351 and the weaponry that was used against the undead.

Maevyn Edgar
Battle Bardess

Astere Laroux
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

*All up and down the southern tradeway, from Friendly Arm to Beregost posters are being hanged on everything that allows, crossroad posts, walls, trees, if any are taken down, it doesn’t take long for them to be replaced each day*
Hear ye, hear ye.
You might have heard about a great evil in Cloakwood, evil only vanquished by a sacred fey bow. Some of you might have been told by druid Emmanuel that it is Lylan’Synor, that is making this task impossible, but let me tell you what is really happening.
Some time ago, a fey has appeared and tasked Lylan’Synor with guarding the sacred branch and set others with tasks, culminating in crafting a sacred bow and defeating this spider monstrosity, everyone was getting along and cooperated to reach this goal, plans were made, and all seemed well on its way to success. That is, until the Great Flop Emmanuel stumbled into the situation and decided to hold key parts hostage, until he gets his way.
He wanted no one, but the people he controls involved, we tried to reason with him, we tried to find ways to cooperate, we tried to set up meetings and neutral locations to work together and to try to find a common path. At every point he said no, at every point he wanted to swing his trunk around, showing how great he is.
When it became clear that there will be no common path found, we wanted to set up one last meet, to try and reach some compromise, to resolve the situation as adults. Despite his smear campaign, despite people on the daily accosting and blaming us for letting evil unopposed and for blocking Emmanuel from his great fate as the savior, we still wanted to meet and kept waiting for when he will be available, to find common ground, that is, until he decided that he feels slighted because a friend asked me how I am doing and I dared to talk about it. And so, he said he will not meet with us anymore.
Se let it be known to all, that the green haired druid is nothing but a childish prick, power hungry miscreant and that he can go pollinate himself, let him wallow in his self-importance. And now, Emmanuel, you can feel insulted, you good for nothing lowlife.

Niyressa Dawncrow
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Izsu

Unread post by Izsu »

In the rainy afternoon of the 3rd of Marpenoth, an increasingly common sight in the town - a grey-skinned, red-eyed tiefling woman clad in black - paid a quiet visit to the law enforcement in the town of Beregost. While details are slim among the gossiping folk of the quaint settlement, it did not go without notice to inquiring minds that the bounty for the wanted outlaw Alba was taken down shortly after her visit.

The tiefling woman gave no response on the matter to whatever few townfolk dared to ask her personally, disappearing into the rain and distant building mists in a hurried departure of the town.

(( DM Spartacus ))
Szarilana Hezret - The one who speaks
Isenduil Ellanoscia - Silvanite druid
Derien Reynoldt - Retired Mercenary
Wisica Weatherbee - Homefellow of Cyrrollalee
Camilla Vasdejas - Exploring Bardess Extraordinaire
sweetlikesplenda

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

A Gray Tiefling woman and the Grand Knight are seen exiting the Radiant Heart Keep. The woman astride a tall, silver maned warhorse who was lead by the reigns by Aaron. The two walked out, then south along the Trade Way. They eventually stopped in Beregost, where the two entered William's Well.

Later, The Grand Knight ws seen returning to the Keep alone riding upon Rook himself this time.
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”