The Halls of Inner Light Rp thread

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

InsomnesCanis

Re: The Halls of Inner Light Rp thread

Unread post by InsomnesCanis »

Hearing nothing but half rumors and hearsay about the calamity that befall the Halls of Inner Light, A blond Elf once counted among the Hall's guardians, arrives to verify the rumors about the shrine she only recently returned to frequent in worship to Hanali Celanil. Accompanied by two mages, a red-headed woman and a white-haired Elven man, who left shortly after assessment of the damage.
Seeing the devastation, and hearing of the death of Priestess Tia'tae, drops the Elf to her knees, weeping for the young, soft-hearted friend she got to know through many hours by the, now ruined shrine to the Lady Goldheart.
The woman helps the Elf up, taking her hand and hugging her, embracing her tears until no more are left to shed. Before the two women move away.

Lylan'Synor Syr'Asiryn, (aka Lily Summerheart)
Duelist, Dancer, Sailor & Engineer. A Warrior for Love, and Inquisitor of Beauty.
Captain of Doron Amar's Mathora Velharn || Deputy Headmistress of the Bladestone Foundation
The Wind Whispers (Love) - Geva Alon
zenling

Re: The Halls of Inner Light RP Thread

Unread post by zenling »

A few days after the destruction of the temple, a travel-garbed figure wearing a fern-ringed blue disc who had been seen at the temple previously appears again. Though too late to help with the immediate excavations and survival of those whose lives were lost, for a coming few days she helped where she could, aiding the temple's surviving clergy with whatever minor tasks were needed and lending an ear and a shoulder to anyone seeking it in such a time. Time was also spent with the maimed Keeper, Runa, and daisies left by her bedside.

Last edited by zenling on Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

A red-headed figure makes his way to the temple grounds to inspect the damage done to it, and meet with some friends of old. He spends some time talking to those who remain, introducing himself as Adrian Baker — a former patient in their care, when Alyssia was High Lady. What small tasks he can aid with, he does, though mostly he tries to stay out of the way, and keep spirits up. Nearing the end of his stay, Adrian makes a stop by the garden-shrine to Sheela Peryroyl, where he spends the next half hour or so in quiet.

Anyone coming near the shrine to Sheela Peryroyl will soon find a satchel left behind. A folded note is tied to one of its straps.

For those whom are now lost to us.
Know that your absence only grows the love we feel and felt for you.
You will live on in our minds, and in our hearts — forever.

Thank you for the time we shared.

You will be missed,
Adrian Baker

Inside the satchel are two pencil drawings on pristine white canvas. Renditions, clearly from memory, but expertly made even so, of the priestesses Tia'tae and Danya. Neither drawing is signed. Instead a simple phrase is written in common on both, and in elven and dwarven on each respectively: "In loving memory."
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Relyth Ravan'Thala - Bear of an Elf
Timothy Daleson - Paladin Wand Maker
Duncan Matsirani - A wanderer
Calen

Unread post by Calen »

One day a coat was slung over the rail of the gazebo and some weapons scattered on the wooden floor. A pile of stones slowly formed in the back of the garden as a man with platinum blonde hair worked with a wheelbarrow to start clearing the lighter rubble around the former Halls of Inner Light.
Calen Drazkel - Back to the Shadows
Kethelis Thoatril - Weathering. Guarding Books
Idris - When life gives you rubble...
Calen

Unread post by Calen »

The same white haired man who could have been seen starting to clear the rubble in the garden some time earlier could be seen fastening a note on the side of the stone arch leading to the temple ground, visible under the streetlamp.

Service for the Halls

A ceremony will be conducted on this coming Eleasis 5th for honoring the death of Priestess Danya of Sharindlar and Priestess Tia'tae of Hanali Celanil, who were part of the family of the Halls, and passed away recently when the building was destroyed.

It is with a grieving heart that I invite all friends to the Halls for the ceremony, happening in the Halls' Gardens during the mid afternoon.

Thank you all
Runa Helvig, Keeper of the Halls of Inner Light

((OOC: Quick ceremony on this coming saturday, 6th, at around 7pm GMT, in the Halls' Garden. Shouldn't take long, and all are free to pay their respects))
renshouj
Custom Content

Unread post by renshouj »

For the first time since the Calamity hit, the druid of the Halls of Inner Light could be seen in the gardens once more, preparing herself in whatever way she can for the honouring ceremony ((In about ~2 hours!))
Discord: jojoelm
Brazilian Timezone (GMT-3)

Current Character(s):
Runa Helvig - High Druid of Eldath of the Green Enclave ( BIO | JOURNAL )
renshouj
Custom Content

Earlier that day, a ceremony was conducted in loving memory of Priestesses Tia'tae and Danya, who passed in the untimely destruction of the Halls. They shall be missed, and the realms are a dimmer place without their light.
((Ty to all that went! And Soulcatcher for bringing the NPCs to cry with our PCs <3))

Current Character(s):
Calen

Unread post by Calen »

On the 14th of Eleasis, the grounds of the former temple saw an unusual number of visitors. A gathering including several prominent members of the Order of the Radiant Heart and lord Osric Vale could be seen speaking with some of the surviving members of the former Halls. Its future was discussed, and plans were made to go ahead with the clearing of the ruins.

Later that day, the platinum-haired man with violet eyes known as Idris could be seen leaving a letter at the temple of Gond.

renshouj
Custom Content

After months upon months of never stepping foot in the city, the druidess of Eldath, Runa Helvig, previous Keeper of the Halls, finally visits it once more. A brief visit, she scouts from afar the progress of the rebuilding, though one might've spotted she approached the garden and took from it a lavander stem. Any that saw her may have spotted tearing eyes, in a mix of good and sad memories.

Soon after her visit, a letter would be sent to Priestesses Lily of Sheela Peryroyl, one of the most affected by the Hall's destruction. In the letter, the druidess wishes the priestess well, and that she shares in her grief every day, though she prays that Lily may have found a way to continue forward.

Current Character(s):
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Counsel

“At some point in their lives,
each one of us requires mentoring,
guidance and counsel to get better clarity on our vision,
passions, goals, and life in general.”

The man known as the Goblet Goblet's bartender, was seen entering the Hall's of Inner Light. Onlookers would notice his hesitation to place a boot upon the lavish floor. Upon seeing a face he knew and a beckoning call, he finally walked forth a few paces deeper within the Halls. When asked by members of the Hall in how they can be of service, he uttered the word counsel. Soon lead further within corridors and bending turns, he was brought to a private room.

Sometimes we have questions too complicated to figure out the answer to unlocking the knowledge we seek. We have to seek out others, with the trained expertise that could lend advice, guidance, and wisdom. However some people are too ashamed, shy or had too much pride seeking advice from others, yet its the only option. We they tend to try to do it discreetly. I attempted just that when I walked through the streets of the Manor district within the city of Baldur's. I needed to see counsel from someone within the Halls of Inner Light. But I didn't expect the Halls to be flowing with many employees or even patrons. Discreetly? Hmph! That left like a fleeting wind the moment I had even took my first step within the front doors.

Knock knock.

Oh, someone here?

"Staff maybe?

Hello there,

Um I was asked to drop something off here but. . I dont see him so I was sent back here.. I doubt hed be here but cant hurt to ask.

Who are you looking for?

Hmm the guy called him hat says he goes by sel? But the sel I know wouldnt be here.

Hm... No one here has introduced themselves as Sel.

Ok! Well thank you!

"I think they're busy."

"So much people..here.."

"Nadine! Nadine! Do you need grape support?"

N-No thank you, Glick! And yes, I'm okay!

Okay...Let me know if you need...help

"I think she's in there with her booooyfriend."

"Is there a better time that I came return with less people around?

Do you... want to sit back down? *Notices how close they are*

*He followed her gaze then realize the same thing, he reached up pulling at his collar with a single finger then cleared his throat* "Um..well..yer.." *He seemed flustered*

A short while later...

*He walked out from the back, striding with an very uneasy expression on his face, he pulled the brim of his hat trying to conceal it as he left*

Rumors may speak with suspicious tones and remarks of a strange day for the Halls of Inner Light. When the Broken Goblet bartender entered its halls to seek counseling. But what ever was said or took placed within the room meant for private counsel, would only be known by those that were within.

"It's a strange day indeed."
“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's. So I say, let's drink till we reach the Heaven's! Huzzah!"

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

The Love of Storge

“Family ties mean that no matter how much,
you might want to run from your family,
you can’t.”

"The love of Storge, Storge is familial love. It's almost an offshoot of another form of love called Philia. But this love often pertains to family members, or those we consider family. It is the love born our of familiarity or dependency. The love between family is at most considered the unconditional kind. Unconditional love is when you love someone no matter what they do and have no expectation of repayment. It means you love someone for who they are, with no strings attached. "
The love between brothers can easily be defined as such love.

"Familial Love...I like that indeed. I've always felt no bond was stronger than one between those that are considered Family."
Even if there's no similarities between them. The bond of blood is one of thee most strongest bonds ever. I have no siblings, I share no such blood relations with anyone, at least that I know of. Once upon a long time ago, nearly fourteen years if not more, I knew a man I would consider my brother.

"Do you have a family of your own, Sel? Who do you consider family?"

*He ponders to her question for he wasn't prepared for it. His mind seems to had been drifting off to a long memory. He stood from his seat and walked over to the many books randomly browsing in silence for he was trying to find the proper response* "Of blood ..no. Once there was a man whom I surely had considered a brother. We were much alike, inseparable . There wasn't a day you see us without one another. "

"What was his name, if you don't mind me asking?"

"His name was Vishner. A strong man, strong as an ox, a deadly combative fighter. We've saved each other's lives more than I can begin to count. I trusted him blindly" *He suddenly let out a sigh* "But such a thing didn't last forever."

"Oh... *Brows furrow slightly* What happened?"

*What ever book he had in his hand, he snapped it shut and placed it properly back onto the shelf , turning then for his seat but he said in a dry tone* "I killed him."

*Eyes widen* "...Why?"
A rare few occasions siblings would come to a point were they might have to slay each other. Some cases has been told, others unspeakable. I'd sometimes ask a person if faced with such a situation, what would they do? And I'd always hear the same two answers. One was either and outright deny, with a shocking expression that they could never do such a thing, nor is such a thing possible. Yet there's been stories where such a thing has happened.
The second response I would get, would be it would depend how serious the reason would be. A transgression unforgiveable. But mind, I've asked these questions to people with siblings of blood. The man I had called brother, did not share my blood. But it didn't mean killing him was less difficult.

*He sat casually in the chair starting at her without an expression, the aura in the room would surely had felt awkward* "Im sure when you first arrived to the Baldur's, you've met companions, friends, people you'd likely consider sisters or brothers if not lovers. Things likely started with a lot of fun, traveling together, venturing together, exploring and learning things together. But after awhile..such companions tend to find their callin, they tend to go their separate ways. That is what happened to us. We each went out separate ways without telling each other, less and less we where together to a point we didnt see each other at all. But one day..our ways crossed. Conflict risen, blood spilled. Not before trying diplomacy mind you."

"Something severe must have happened for two brothers to suddenly be at each other's throats..."

*He averted his eyes glancing off to a book shelf, the look of guilt shown, the hesitation present, a breath later his lips finally parted* "You can say that..."

*She speaks in a softer tone* "Do you want to talk about it? It looks like it weighs heavy on your heart."

"Eyes closed as thoughts of the past assaulted him. A brief moment later, his lids slowly flited and his brown orbs set upon her as he slowly shook his head* "Such talks..been spoken before , yet the feeling always remains."

"Were you defending yourself? Or was it an act of malice?"

"None of the above... None of the above....but the experience has taught me one thing." *He glances at her quill* "Always keep a reserving heart for moments of disappointment, for when you are disappointed...it hurts less."
"Perhaps if I knew the reasoning, it may better help me understand where your heart was in that moment. But if you wish not to say, then all I can say is, closing your heart off will often lead to worse outcomes. Guarding one's heart is important, yes but to remain in such a state will make the heart whither, like a rose with no sunlight."

"But why bother, when roses has its many thorns preventing from a comforting grasp? Somethings are not meant to grasps with comfort I think. Just as well as somethings should not be spoken about. So apologies if I rather naught explain the reasoning, Its likely better for you than I to be oblivious of its reasoning." *He stood from his seat once more, walking over to the wine shelf and browsing it's stock, more the effort to keep his eyes from looking into hers*

"Do you know why a rose has thorns? It is to protect itself and ensure its survival. And despite its painful exterior, we still consider it one of the most beautiful blooms. We learn how to handle the flower so that we can still appreciate its beauty, accepting all that comes with it."

*He spun on the heel of his boots with an amused expression and gave a nod with a smile* "Lovely put. "

"We can learn much from nature and the beautiful things it provides. Much like the rose, we have, by nature, parts of ourselves that we've developed out of a need for survival. But that doesn't make us any less worthy of love."

1345 DR The Lion's Way
"I considered you a brother to me!"

"Why did you have to go join them?!...You crossed the line and you know it!"

"The power,...I felt it, its amazing! Come join me! Together we can make the Coast kneel before us!"

"Your mad, they really poisoned your mind have they? I'm sorry I will not."

"Fine then! Go be with your rats! We serve a far greater power! We will one day make everybody tremble before us!"

"I'd rather be a rat than a bloody snake!" *The sword lifted high into the air, the blood stain a moment before coated now washed away by the rain*

*He laughed out a sinister laugh as if Sel was a joke* "You can't do it! You wont We are brothers! How many times have I saved you, Meagan and Rom! You guys will be nothing without me!"

"That brother, is where you are mistaken...we been without you remember?" *The sword plunged, time seem to had frozen, the rain was heavy but it did nothing to drown out the gurgling sounds.*
Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones that would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.

They are the people that will fight to the end along side you no matter the odds.

But if you think they will never stab you in the back or ever betray you...then you are foolishly wrong.

To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal. Though those that are betrayed Do feel the treason sharply, yet the traitor Stands in worse case of woe. It is my firm belief that we have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal. One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope. There is no greater blessing than a family hand that lifts you from a fall, but there is not lower curse than a family hand that strikes you when you're down.

"I much enjoyed this intriguing session, but nor have I forgotten our last. I do look forward to learning the rest of the many forms of Love with your..Counsel.."

*Her ears turn red at his soft whispers, her cheeks colored with blush* "O-Of course... I would be happy to indulge your curiosities."

*He was moving back but paused after hearing her words. His own replied with a hint of surprise* "Oh...would you now?..Careful luv, with what you may attempt to indulge in, like I've said, I nae one to hide his desires.,.even now my mind races ....But I surely wouldn't want to taint the wonderful counsel you give."

*Her skin and hair gives off a light scent of jasmine, the warmth of her cheek practically radiating next to his face. A hand lightly runs up his arm, stopping just at his shoulder* "You needn't worry about tainting my counsel. I am aware of your nature. I know how to hold a rose without getting hurt. It will take more than passion to sway my heart....Remember what I said about the fire consuming? Well then... enjoy the fire while you can. I pray that it does not leave you as ashes. May I provide you with a blessing before you go?"

"That would surely be lovely after such the .." *He glances down* "session."

*After the spell, a hint of a smirk tugs at the corner of her lips* "May Sune's blessing stoke the fires of your love and passion."

"With a sudden urge a hand reached forth, he gripped the fabric firmly and eagerly..while trying to compose himself and restrain his boiling desire.* "Gods...you risk such a blessin now?!"

*It was her turn this time to lean in and whisper in his ear* "Consider it practice, Sel. For learning how to handle that fire, instead of letting it handle you. I believe in you, burning man. *She grins as she whispers the light tease of the name to him*

A while later, a man was seen walking the Manor Districts with an very uncomfortable look upon his face, for he was given a blessing that would surely had increased his burning desires uncontrollably. From the crimson Hall's of Inner Light, to the sapphire illumination's of House Divine...
To the sleazy room's of the Underceller, to the seedy tavern of the Broken Goblet. He' just couldn't quench his thirst...
“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's. So I say, let's drink till we reach the Heaven's! Huzzah!"

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"
Titania_1

Unread post by Titania_1 »

After tending to Kervel's roses in the city, the Sunite priestess was seen heading back to the Manorborn district to the Halls of Inner Light. She tended to the temple's daily needs, cared for the fruit trees in the orchard, and meticulously maintained the garden. While her work was done with grace and without rush, it was without pause. When she completed one task, she would promptly move onto the next. It wasn't until she ran out of tasks that she was forced to confront what had been lingering on her mind all day.

The priestess made her way to the worship pool where she stepped into the glistening waters. Wading in the pool before the illuminated shrine to Lady Firehair, she began to pray. In a gentle voice, she gave thanks to her goddess for her bountiful blessings. She praised Sune for her beauty and influence. But soon, the tone turned more hushed and intimate, like whispering secrets to a lover. She started praying for guidance, as she was finding herself following a new and confusing path. She prayed for protection, as she would need it going forward.

"Guard my heart, Lady Firehair, as I leave it open and vulnerable to what the future may hold. Still my trembling hands and this flutter in my chest, so that I may see your intentions more clearly. May your guidance illuminate the unfamiliar path before me, as it is both beautiful... and frightening."
Titania_1

Priestess Nadine Ravenwood was seen receiving a letter just outside the Halls of Inner Light. There was an air of excitement radiating off of her as she took the letter with her inside the temple. Heading to the office with a stride of anticipation, she sat down at the desk and broke the seal. Taking a bated breath, she began to read. The excited energy that surrounded her began to calm as her eyes drifted across the words in the letter. As time went by, her expression gradually turned from a hopeful curiosity, to one of emotional devastation. The air seemed to grow still in reverence and sorrow. Drops fell onto the parchment, causing a couple words on the pages to smear as the priestess reached the letter's conclusion. Whatever was written inside the letter had left the Sunite in tears.
Titania_1

Priestess Nadine Ravenwood can be seen leaving the temple and going throughout the city, distributing a message through posts and word-of-mouth. The public notice she is seen posting reads:
This is a public announcement to the citizens of Baldur's Gate.

The Halls of Inner Light continues to offer counseling and respite to the public. With the growing concern of harmful substances within the city, namely substances by the name Crimson Spice and Golden Augery, it is strongly recommended for those afflicted by such substances to visit the Halls of Inner Light or the Shrine of Suffering to seek treatment and healing. There will be no judgment, and privacy and discretion will be provided. Stay safe, and may love and beauty light your path.

Priestess Nadine Ravenwood
Halls of Inner Light

She is also seen sending out several letters, hand-delivering the ones she can to Houses and other people of upper-class and nobility in the Manorborn District.
Titania_1

A priestess of Sune is seen posting a notice outside the Halls of Inner Light. The notice has a prominent sigil of Sune:
A Call to Service

Priestess Nadine Ravenwood is seeking 2-3 faithfuls of Lady Firehair to embark upon a mission beyond Baldur's Gate. There will be traveling involved, and danger is expected along the way. This mission is in service of Sune and will require the knowledge and skill of her devoted followers. For further details, please inquire with Nadine Ravenwood, who can be found in the Halls of Inner Light. Sendings and letters are also welcome.

May love and beauty light your path.

Halls of Inner Light

(( OOC: Feel free to send me a PM on here or find me in-game to learn more about this mission! ))

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”