Doron Amar Role-Play

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Cinta

Re: Doron Amar Role-Play

Unread post by Cinta »

After half a candlemark of mirthful and teasing chatter with Eladoran, a poster is pinned on the noticeboard of Everan's Jest by a silver haired elf.

Looking for people for various tasks!

We are looking for able hands for an up and coming event! Be part of organizing a show that will long be remembered by all who saw it, and remorsefully missed by those who didn't!

The people we are looking for are the following:

- A stylist for interior decoration in a specific theme, the task include all the procurement of the ornamentation and other accessories, as well as setting up the scene for the special night!
- An exceptional cook to make up the menu of the eve, fitting the exotic theme of the event! The task would include choosing the proper suppliers of the ingredients, choosing proper assisstants for a team, then prepare the food for the event!
- Entertrainers skilled in actobatic skills, or dancing, or any else entertrainment method the organizers found fitting!
- Bards for making the night magical with their heavenly music!
- Magicians skilled in illusion and other fine arts to enchant our viewers!
- Bouncers and bairmaids will be contracted later, but feel free to reach out and reserve your place beforehand!
- Also looking for a skilled journalist to follow up and document the preparations and the event itself, in a lighthearted and comingly manner!

Be prepared to present your skills before being accepted for the jobs!

Those interested ask for Eilidale at the Jest!
Hidden: show
((( OOC: Timeslots for the event are not fixed yet. We are mainly playing at CET times, but the event would most likely be on a weekend, adjusted to a timeframe what's the best for most of the people interested. The tasks could be broken into parts so participation in the event is not a requirement to join the preparation phase. ;) )))
?
Calen

Unread post by Calen »

An eerie silence looms above the glimmerwoods at night. The Birds end their song earlier than usual as local wildlife have gone into hiding. In the dead of the night a loud terrifying screech echo's through the woods before all goes silent again. The next day a ranger reports that an orcish scouting party has been found dead,a gruesome sight with the corpses being barely recognizable. He further reports large claw like tracks leading deeper into the glimmerwoods.
Calen Drazkel - Back to the Shadows
Kethelis Thoatril - Weathering. Guarding Books
Idris - When life gives you rubble...
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

A large boar would rush towards the village gates, calling out to anyone who could understand him. The beast seemed distressed, its actions somehow deliberate, as though it were trying to lead the elves somewhere.

However, even if any of them had reacted in time to leave the village, they would quickly have encountered a young, barefooted wood elf in worn-out, mud-stained rags. Wherever they might have been reunited, the druidess and her boar offered each other a brief display of affection before the former explained that the emergency had passed, and she had much to report about the gnoll incursion into the Cloakwood.

The elf and her boar might be recognized by some as the Cormanthan druidess Amaetha Saelith - briefly made a citizen of Doron Amar around the end of the Dragonspear devil incursion, before her return to Cormyr - and her trusty companion, Baelus. She retired to the Jest for some much-needed rest, allowing Baelus to wander back out into the surrounding forest.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

Autumn colored leaves covered the ground around the altar, the light of the high moon gently filtering through the canopies of the ancient trees, down on the frame of the elven woman kneeling by the shrines. Hours have passed as she knelt there, eyes closed, and immersed in quiet singing. Far from perfect, but sincere and heartfelt, her voice was carried away and scatterd by the wind. A singular sentence, as a whispered prayer, broke the singing every now and then. When her emotions would made her voice falter, the strength she found in the prayer kept her from shedding a tear.

„May we all experience such grace, fulfillment, and happiness that she is living through now.”
?
Hydros

Unread post by Hydros »

The Warden could be seen wandering the village most of the day, looking rather restless and fidgety. Occasionally, an hour or two would be spent at then Shrine, head bowed silently before her pacing and wandering would continue. Towards the end of the day, most of her time would be spent atop the bridge over the waterfall, staring off into the distance.
Alarielle Nulei'ren, The Hawk of Evermeet - "Shunti tel'adar's dath nha teague feer, nhel nu nesh ath tel'quiet foqal"
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

A faint shudder run through the leaves of a large oak near the gate of Doron Amar, when a lean, pale dressed figure stepped out of the tree trunk to the lush grass below. The air suddenly chilled in the immediate surroundings of the figure, as a thin layer of snow which followed on the white garbs, drifted up and started to melt hastily. Feet reaching the ground, white leather hood was set back at that very moment to reveal an angular face and a pair of long ears, lest be shot on the spot by the rangers guarding the village. The elf reached down and shook the ends of the thick fur cloak, sending the remaining of the ice stuck in the fur, to fly.

Being let through the gate, the elf marched up to the Jest to leave a letter for the Warden.
?
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

Few days after the scout left, a golden ringed blue hawk arrives in her stead, looking to deliver a parchment to Feleron this time.
?
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

Midwinter coming in the Year of Shadows, the wind may be blowing cooler, the nights may feel longer and darker, drawing in more people to the warm light and comfort of the inns. Such as that, Syndreth spends a day or a little more by one corner table of the Jest. An armful of books and other forms of public references piled up on both her sides, she reads, thinks, and writes, idea after idea finds their way either into a fresh parchment, or left behind bearing a hastly overcrossed line. A hot bowl of soup arrives after a time, providing the required energy throughout the day, and the seeked peace of the mind during her break. The Jest may be busy while she sits there, but that does not seem to bother the elf at all. From time to time, she sets down the quill and rests her chin in her palm, just watching the buzz about the place, people laughing or bartering, arguing or bantering, even maybe occassionally flirting with the lovely bardess by the side. As time moves on, parchment after parchment fills with ideas, those not being independent anymore, but slowly interwoven into a properly built up system of thoughts.
?
Calen

Unread post by Calen »

*As if his absence from Doron Amar was just a fleeting moment, the elf named Kethelis happily barges into the tavern while stating the obvious that it is indeed cold outside, acting as he doesn't have a care in the world. As if this large fur cloak and over all warmer attire he nowadays wears, didn't make it obvious enough. Cheerfully, he approaches Eladoran as the two find them self in disagreement about the same topic. Kethelis expressing is undying love for the so-called divine drink called Wyvern Whiskey, this once again get the response of Eladarona placing a bottle of Evereskan Clearwater in front of his nose. Naturally the bardess caught his attention yet not for long as he notices Syndreth, quickly making eye contact with an amused expression. Quickly, he makes his way to her while dodging various patrons before coming to a halt. His grey eyes linger on the books, then the parchment and lastly meet her golden eyes with a curious expression
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

As in his usual behaviour, Kethelis's appearance was hard to ignore, so he was greeted with a one-sided smirk early on. The sunelf pushed away some books to creat some place next to her, then invited him closed with a wave of her hand.

"Fair day again, dear! How are you faring today?
If you feel like it, grab something to eat and have a look what I'm working on.. I would be interested in your opinion at some points."

With that, she set the quill aside and picked up two of the parchments, which she would slide closer to him on the table, if he accepts.

Hidden: show
(( PM will be sent soon ))
?
Calen

Unread post by Calen »

*His lips curl up as he lazily drop-downs next to her, demonstratively he opens up his bag and places two bottles of Wyvern Whiskey on the table while making a face at Elodoran*

"Green changeling blessing upon you, one with the beautiful golden eyes! Me? I've been quite well I believe, how about yourself?"

*The elf eagerly reaches out for the parchment put in front of him, with a cheerful expression he starts reading the first one. After a while, his grey eyes linger away from the written letters, now giving her a deadpan look*

"Th..this is about politics? An opinion from me?"

*With a cheeky grin he taps with his right index fingers on his heavy plate boots, as if it were an answer, before he returns to reading. While his words insinuate otherwise, he appears to read it concentrated with great interest *

" You've given it quite a thought, color me pleasantly surprised, golden one. Your thoughts align with mine on these matters, ah I might not put it this structured and well-thought-out! The part I struggle with is who is capable of do..are you offering!? "
Oarthias
Custom Content

Unread post by Oarthias »

The wintery blue eyed, silvery white haired elf enters the Jest, dressed in her leathers rather than her usual clothes of the Gate. Grabbing a bowl of berries from the counter and moving to the other two. The elder elf reaches over and ruffles the hair of her baby brother. Her eyes holding a frustrated affection for the elf. An inclining of her head, one of respect, is given to Syndreth. Sharp eyes then move to the papers, taking in the contents as her fingers pluck out a number of strawberries from a pouch at her hip and munches on them as she attempts to read the parchments.
~Vanira (Boots)~
Captain, Order of the Radiant Heart & A Councilor of Doron Amar
~Menolly Silverarrow~
Druidess and Elixir Maker
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

A quick glance was given to the bottles of Wyvern on the table, with an expression suggesting her gaze will likely not return to them again. His chatter is rewarded with a small smile before she speaks.

"I did offer already, and I never changed my mind since then." she leans back on her chair and watches the pile of papers before them "Capabilities are a different issue, but I believe one can learn if the mind is set."

She glances up at Kethelis and an amused smile grows on her face then "Like I would believe you are not interested after the fight you put up-" then she suddenly grows silent, eyes widen a bit noticing Vanira nearing. A visible change in her behaviour in just a manner of moments, as she straightens up and sweeps her hair back on one side, her attention quickly stolen by the wintery blue eyes reading her papers.

"Vanira! Fair day! - I... uh, these are not finished yet... I mean! You are free to read those, of course. And I would, mhhh.. actually I would be very honored to have your opinion on those!" she finishes after some stuttering.

(( PM sent ))
Last edited by Cinta on Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
?
Calen

Unread post by Calen »

*The elf notices the glance and moves the foul whiskey closer to her as a mischievous smile can be seen on his face*

"Mhm and allow me to make you this wonderful offer to help you to achieve it golden eyes" *the elf attempts to playfully nudge her in her side with his elbow* " Of course you're able to change, and yes.... ah I meant that you're quite capable now as it is" *He rolls his eyes at the whiskey* "just drink the whiskey."

*He once again looks at the papers as he gets caught of guard by an affectionate ruffle from Vanira, playfully he responds with*

"My ancient sister! Pl..please be careful. Those bony hands aren't soft as silk as they used to be, it's as if a sharp rock is grinding over my " *He stops mid-sentence as a soft chuckle can be heard*

"We...we're discussing politics together" *He says it with some disbelieve as he quickly catches on to Syndrets change in behavior*
Oarthias
Custom Content

Unread post by Oarthias »

To her brother, "Mind your manners and respect your elders, even if it happens to be your sister. I swear, you younglings these days... "

A perplexed expression comes and disappears from the elf's face as she takes in the sudden mood shift of Syndreth. Her eyes of winter blue, read over the words written out so thoughtfully on the parchment before her. "This is a very good start and you have certainly put a lot of thought into it. I am.. impressed. There is the thought of how these Councilors be appointed.. by vote likely for certain for the first but then... will they be expected to groom another to replace them? Or new ones voted in later as well?" She nods and then taps her fingers here and there on few things, she sees as deeming quite important.

"And dear gods.. what is becoming of the realms .. for you to be talking politics? I should tell you to run off and play while the adults talk? Or are you here in an attempt to simply get her drunk enough to make you a King or for a chance to snot on the pages later." The elf snorts and rolls her eyes playfully... though there is a sadness there when she looks at him. A sadness that has been lingering there every time she looks at him since the nightmare with the dhaerow started.

The elf then focuses once more on some more ideas and points on the papers before her, pushing away the emotions she wishes to avoid a bit longer.
~Vanira (Boots)~
Captain, Order of the Radiant Heart & A Councilor of Doron Amar
~Menolly Silverarrow~
Druidess and Elixir Maker

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”