Doron Amar Role-Play

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Maecius
Retired Admin

Re: Doron Amar Role-Play

Unread post by Maecius »

After several failed attempts at locating Siveyn Silverarrow, Valerius resigns himself to the written word. Scribing a letter in his typically neat hand, the wizard leaves it where he knows Siveyn will find it.

On receiving the letter, Siveyn would find the following message, written in Espruar (the elven alphabet):

Te'alis,

I hope this letter finds you well, old friend. I'm writing you because I am growing increasingly restless: Auriel is working so hard on behalf of Doron Amar, and I feel I am not doing enough to ease her burden.

While I will always be something of an outsider within the community (what else is new?), I do wish to help as best as I can. In this vein, I want to make you an offer.

As you well know, I am quite skilled with magic. I do not mean that to sound arrogant; but by virtue of my blood or my formal training, or both, I have learned well the ways of the Weave.

So here's my offer: You are in charge of training the Mathora'Tel'Quessir, correct? Let me help you. Using my talents, I can weave you illusions; illusions on which your elves can test their prowess.

Do you need to teach your scouts how to fight the drow? I can provide the drow. Do you want to teach your warriors how to take down a dragon? Give me a color and I'll give you a dragon. Allow me to use the gifts Mystra's given me to help you in your duties.

I ask nothing in return, and indeed, feel I am the one asking for a favor here. You know me well enough to know that I cannot sit back drinking tea while Auriel's working her tail off; so please let me help your village as I can. I hope this offer excites you, and I look forward to working with you again.

It's been so long since, together, we stabbed something. In the face.

Yours in friendship,
Valerius Elenviel-Rokranon

P.S.: If you could pass this along to Councilor Feivra, we can include his students in these efforts as well -- perhaps giving them some practice with their magic even as we give the Mathora some exercise.
Metro-Gnome

Unread post by Metro-Gnome »

*Siveyn leaves the letter on Rhys' desk and scratches out a response to his old friend*

Dear Tiefer,

Sounds like a plan. I've got a few things I need to do as far as organization before we can make this happen. Seems two of my recruits have trouble with their citizenship paperwork. Once that gets pushed through, and I talk with the leader of another group we're incorporating more fully, we should have all the necessary people to run through these sessions. Looking forward to it.

-Elf
Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It’s harsh and cruel. That’s why there’s us... We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.
Xanfyrst

Unread post by Xanfyrst »

Lately, reports coming in from elves and adventurers, who has seen a man roaming around in the old Doron Amar ruins. The man has been described as elf-looking and searching for something. Surprisingly, the otherwise savage and relentless orcs let him alone. Further reports tell of burned orcs found close by the location where he first was reported seen in.

Interestingly enough, he only seems interested in the ruins of the old elven settlement and not the new one.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK.
Alistair the Red - Roaming Bounty Hunter and Underworld Contact.
Lord Eliphas Valkarian "the Deceiver" -Chosen Prophet of Bane, Autonomous Agent of the Zhentarim. Immortal? ×Returned from the Beyond×
simini

Unread post by simini »

Fellow Elves and Half-Elves,

tomorrow night we will be inviting you to meet your kin and learn about the possibilities Doron Amar offers to our people.
Interested in archery? Leonia will be giving a free lesson and take you on an adventure.
Take the chance to look at our arcane academy and come and join us for a drink, we are looking forward to meeting you!

///Starting sunday at 4pm EST, open end!

EDIT: moved from there to here.
Rhiannon Skye madder than a half-orc on father's day
BlueHero45
Recognized Donor

Unread post by BlueHero45 »

*Rhys nods in agreement* This is a wonderful chance to see the community, as many of our future meetings will be citizen only. I'll be joining the event soon after my paperwork in the tower is finished.
Rhys Feivra-Sun elf, wizard

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
DarkAerial2

Unread post by DarkAerial2 »

Lanaya sighs, glancing around warily,

"Great, we're going to have mu-... mhm." She trails off, glancing into the distance.
"Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?" - C.S. Lewis
Lanaya Gwentheloden - A Loyal, Wandering Soul
Retired [DM] DarkAerial
simini

Unread post by simini »

/// Starting in about an hour! ///
Rhiannon Skye madder than a half-orc on father's day
Oarthias
Custom Content

Unread post by Oarthias »

Vanira lets it be known to those kin that are able and willing are needed to help aid in the hunting down of the demonologist and rescuing of Siveyn Silverarrow. She also sends word to Wendel, Scarlett, and Lance that their presence would be welcomed.

((Meeting to plot and plan is today at 7pm est in Doron Amar.. event will be on this coming Tues... about the same time.))
~Vanira (Boots)~
Captain, Order of the Radiant Heart & A Councilor of Doron Amar
~Menolly Silverarrow~
Druidess and Elixir Maker
Oarthias
Custom Content

She sits down once more groaning at all that paperwork that surrounds her. With an exasperated sigh she digs out a quill along with a box of cigars. Lighting the cigar and stressfully puffing away like a chain smoker she gets to work. She begins making the report more official so that it can be kept in the archive records and for those that missed the briefing.

~~~~~~~~

Councilor Siveyn and I were invited to join and aid a few from the Radiant Heart on a rescue mission on one of their own. The last known whereabouts of her were reported to us by the ranger we thought to be Mal. We packed our supplies and headed north to the Trollbark forest.

There were signs ever where of battle of orc and naga. Councilor Siveyn and us I went about scouting a bit ahead sorting out the tracks and looking for signs of the woman. What we found was one of the Demonologist's shiney stones; the item in which once touched activated it to pull all of those within ten to fifteen feet into a pocket plane.

Once we were pulled into the pocket plane the ranger we thought to be Mal revealed his true doppleganger form. Taunting and laughing at us with the fact that we fell for the bait to bring Councilor Siveyn along on the mission. We had fallen into their trap.

We pressed on, as we had no other choice. As we moved forward, the portals opened, as he does, pouring out devils and at other times demons. This demonologist is not to be taken lightly, the power to use such things and pocket planes as his own personal toys isn't one's every day villain.

The battles were hard and taking it's toll on all of us. During one of these battles a hezrou grabbed Councilor Siveyn and leaped into the portal before any of us could get over to him in time. He was alive as he disappeared through the portal. As this trap was laid out for him, it is likely he was taken for the purpose of powering his pocket plane or something else we have not learned of yet.

The pocket planes are kept open and stable by slowly draining the lifeforce out of the victim. The Deomonoligist prefers elves, but will use other races as well. There is a templistic like building in one of the pocket planes in which the lifeforce draining alter is held. It is covered in traps that are so intricately connected that it was beyond my own capabilities to disarm them. However there is a small nook with a pressure plate in the center of the alter in which if the stone is placed, will disarm the traps so the victims are released. Just step lightly through the traps to the plate or those being drained will likely not survive so at least their soul will be secured as a power source. Once they are released however the plane will begin to grow even more unstable as the power supply holding it open will have greatly decreased depending only then on the trapped souls of those that had died there then hold it open.

----
Under our leadership a rescue mission will be attempted to retrieve Councilor Siveyn Silverarrow. We have put Lance, of the Radient Heart, in charge of the fighting unit under me for support. Councilor Rhys will be in charge of the arts of magic supporting those in combat as well as keeping track of the stability of the pocket plane. Naya will be with me scouting up ahead and dealing with the lifesource draining alter.

-Those that can not follow orders and wish to rush ahead to play hero are to stay behind. This is not a fools errand and we will not tolerate any that feel the need to treat it as such.

-Also note that any that have pacts with demons or devils are not welcomed as you will be a liability in this venture.

-Quarrels or the disliking of any of the others that have agreed to aid, risking their own lives and souls, are to be put aside for this. If you wish to punch them or hit them with a shovel after we are all home safe and sound we will care not.

-For supplies pack for a long trip in which there will be unknowns factored in. For certain we will be facing demons and devils who have no qualms about messing with your mind. Guard yourself as best as you can against this.

-Those that use the divine keep in mind there is a possibility that could very well be used against you.

-Once prepared meet up in Doron Amar and we will head out from there.

~Councilor Vanira Talamora~

((( OOC Notes: The event is to start today around 7pm cst aka -5 gmt don't be late come already supplied up to go and earlier specially if your character has any further questions.

This is going to be -very- hard (likely to get our arses handed to us) event... not a roll through instant win for those involved. So please don't whine and complain if you die and feel that you shouldn't have. Also don't taut the dms that you haven't died yet. :P Just let them run their event.

Also note Vanira will icly toss your arse out if you hold things up with bickering or rushing forward wrecklessly risking the lives of the party.

Also if your character only speaks in elven that is fine, but please don't actually use the language chat. Instead if you could please just simply type: Elven: in front of the text please as many of us will have combat text turned off to help reduce the lag.
BlueHero45
Recognized Donor

Unread post by BlueHero45 »

Rhys can be seen coming in and out of the tower with a fresh supply of spell components and a content look on his face.
Rhys Feivra-Sun elf, wizard

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Metro-Gnome

Unread post by Metro-Gnome »

While rarely leaving his room in the 'Jest, and never venturing further than the upstairs sitting area just outside it, Siveyn seems to be taking his time healing after his rescue. He visits and offers thanks and kind words to his friends for all their help then makes it clear to each that they are never to stick their neck out like that for him again. He seems genuinely grateful while awake but retires to his room often for more rest or a visit from Vanira or a healer.

Those that know him well can tell he is still in quite a bit of pain and though he tries to hide it he looks tired and older than usual. As if his old age has finally caught up with him.

((A human might assume a late 40s-early 50s equivellant age, observant elves can pin him at over 800. A far cry from his usual youthful appearance.))

((highly observant characters visiting him, or shadowdancers send me a pm for more))
Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It’s harsh and cruel. That’s why there’s us... We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.
Oarthias
Custom Content

Vanira moves about the 'Jest and Doron Amar giving all that helped a respectful incline of her head and a soft smile of thanks. She praised them for their skills in combat and thanked them for following the orders and retaining most of their wits when things got a bit hairy. There was room for improvement, but now was not the time to point such out. That would be worked on soon enough. She already had it in her head that they would be knocking on this Demonoligist's doors.

She doesn't leave Siveyn's side when he slips back into reverie; always close enough to move to his side quickly and place a hand lightly on his arm and whisper that she was there when he trembled or called out in pain or horror. He had asked her to stay close and she would try her best to do so. It was hard watching Siveyn look so broken; the elf that she had come to greatly respect and cherish... with a part of her that wondered and debated if there might even be a deeper love there. The feet weren't so happy about it what ever they thought, that was for certain.

It is only when he is awake or when one of the healers comes to sit with him and forces Vanira to go out and get some fresh air and food that she leaves the inn. Her normal skip in her step has changed to a simple walk but other then that those that don't know her well wouldn't recognize any other changes. The elf still smiles to those that speak with her and grumbles in a joking manner about her suspicion that Councilor Siveyn Silverarrow is going to drag out his recovery time just so he can avoid the paperwork for a bit longer.

To those that know her best might would pick up on the fact she seems a bit more guarded in her conversations. The elf tries to weave the conversations to things that avoid any mention of her own health or the extra concerns about Siveyn's change in appearance. Her face she keeps carefully composed but her eyes betray her more then she'd like. The elf's eyes are very worried and quite tired.

One thing was certain though... she was beyond thankful that she was able to help aid and rescue Siveyn and that all the others that helped aid had returned safely as well.... that it wasn't a repeat of what happened in the underdark just over a century ago.
Last edited by Oarthias on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
flying-aces

Unread post by flying-aces »

Beatrix can often be seen waddling about Doron Amareating her chocolat covered pickles. She doesn't smile much or anyting unless in the company of Renec. She's often heard grumbling about her inability to go out and help people the ways she knows how too but she doesn't go out at all seeking trouble.
kellendril

Unread post by kellendril »

An elven archer wanders the realm of Doron Amar more and more frequently, as if deciding something. He speaks happily to all who would talk with him, always with a genuine smile. He is often heard humming a tune of one kind or another, but never outright sings. He seems to be quite content to wander and explore.

Reports of this same elf battling the orcs nearby also come in from time to time. He is never seen using a weapon other than his bow.

((OOC: Isenduil recently stumbled upon Doron Amar while wandering and has sort of set it up as his home))
Eowiel Le'liana - Formerly Respected Councilor/Citizen of Doron Amar, now Disrespected Free Agent
Merry Angalagaleil - Strongheart Halfling Sacred Fist
Oarthias
Custom Content

The elf sits at the table, for once ignoring the food in front of her, and stares blankly ahead for a long moment. Her fingernails tap on the wood as she thinks all the new information over. It was troubling to find out she wasn't the only feeling like she did; something she had written off to simply being caused by worry and stress. It was unsure if Councilor Siveyn was affected the same as them or if it was only do to the torture he had suffered through. Fourteen, fifteen if she counted Siveyn, had gone in and out of the pocket plane and four of which she knew of were feeling drained and not quite right so far.

The others needed to be warned.
~Vanira (Boots)~
Captain, Order of the Radiant Heart & A Councilor of Doron Amar
~Menolly Silverarrow~
Druidess and Elixir Maker

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”