The Order of the Silver Rose rp

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Bassman

Re: The Order of the Silver Rose rp

Unread post by Bassman »

As I walked out into the morning. The Morning Clouds gave way to the Morning sun basking in the promise of a new day. I had little expectations of what the day might bring. The only thing that could brighten my day even more was the sight of Lady Elvina's smile. Which she readily gave me freely as I walked into the morning air.

We were to meet with the Seer this day, with the promise of possibly freeing Felber's soul from its prison. But as we stood in front of our keep one of our guards, Sir Kenny, asked for a moment of my time.

Sir Kenny reported to me that there had been reports from the folk who passed by the keep, that sightings of Devils had been witnessed in the Cloakwoods. I thanked Sir Kenny for his vigilance and gave the report to Commander Elvina.

Upon discussing the reported sightings between the Commander, Lady Gina, and Myself we came to the conclusion that a patrol into the Cloakwood must be ventured without delay. So we readied ourselves along with Lady Veslana, and two of our Squires, Squire Jerel and Squire Layne.

As we entered the Cloakwood Sir Roscoe, Our invaluable Scout, joined with us to lend his expertise to our mission. Along the way, as it happens many times, others would join us, mostly out of curiosity of the unknown. This curiosity, often times to their own detriment, but the promise of adventure often times seem to attract many even against prevailing better judgment.

Commander Elvina thru her experience and battle expertise gave her orders as to the Formation we would be implementing. Battle tested Melee fighters in front, Our Commander in the middle and healers and squires to guard said healers in the rear. Sir Roscoe as always would use his unsurpassed skills of undetection to guide our way.

We made our way thru the Cloakwood without much resistance, just the usual critters who presently reside there. We tried to make our way thru with as little disturbance to the area as possible. We searched the area thoroughly and found nothing to make mention of. So we expanded our search.

As we entered Central Cloakwood, one could almost feel something in the air. Something that was off or didn't feel quite right. We remained at the entry point for a moment to reorganize into formation, and then began to proceed. At first there was nothing remarkable that had confronted us. But soon after we crossed the ol' log bridge the order to hold position was given. We then were informed that the Devils had been sighted. After the commander emphasized the importance of staying in formation, and the necessity to listen and follow orders given in the heat of battle. We then proceeded cautiously, in formation, to the inevitable confrontation.

As we approached, Two of the devils sighted us and ran to engaged us. Our wall of Melee withstood the onslaught of these massive devils as they plunged themselves into us. There we stood, Gina, Jerel, and myself, toe to toe, with these massive devils who must have stood 12 to 14 foot tall. We gave no quarter nor did we give an inch. We stood our ground. I could see massive amounts of spells landing on these evil creatures as we fought them. And I could feel the healing support, as we or I took damage. As I was fighting these beasts I can remember the encouragement I felt by my allies.

Once the Devils were defeated, we did not proceed. The battle took its toll upon us. With exhaustion setting in , our spells depleted, The Commander made the Wise decision to retreat and not to engage the remaining devils. Instead we quarantined with warning of what stood within this area.

To wrap up this report I would like to make mention of the Extreme Pride I hold with all our knights and Squires who took part in this venture. They are a true representation of what and who we are. And all should be commended for their unwavering bravery, discipline, and commitment to following the orders given. As Chaos spells defeat, Discipline and the Code we live by, will always give us the means we need for Victory.

Respectfully Submitted

Seth Siger
Knight General
Order of the Silver Rose
Invoker

Unread post by Invoker »

The Battle for the North

The formation was an island of order in a chaotic, ever-changing sea of death and destruction.

General Siger's combat prowess and inspiring presence were the beacon around which his highly skilled, excellently trained handful of soldiers stood against the tide of trolls, goblinoids, beasts and demons swarming upon them. Six fighting like six hundred against overwhelming, impossible odds, making the best possible use of terrain, steel, destructive and restorative magic, standing where others would easily have fallen.

And then, there were the dark wizard himself and his kin. For the very first time, the aspiring conquerors of the North came face to face with its ancestral denizens. In the case of the Dharashan leaders, Kael thought it would definitely be a lasting impression. Fading in and out of sight, Mendel and Ithilwen proceeded to systematically destroy everything they targeted like vengeful ghosts. The invaders' losses were horrible, the dead count more and more staggering as creatures were pierced by arrows in their main vital organs in alphabetical order, sliced open by an elven bladed vortex, frozen solid in mid-stride and then smashed to bits by the inevitable fall or unfailingly exterminated by devastating force spells wherever they tried to take cover.

Eyeing meaningfully the incapacitated knights laying beside him, he arched an interrogative eyebrow at the girl as her powerful healing weave washed over him, chilling to the bone. When she made a face, he followed her stare to the huge cleaver lodged into his right shoulder. He smiled sardonically at its recently disintegrated owner's idea that such a weapon had any chance to even slow him down, let alone stop him. He nonchalantly extracted the blade and tossed it aside, not a single drop of blood pouring out of the entry point.

Despite everything, he thought they were winning. Keeping this up, they would reach Soubar soon enough. It was at that moment that he saw the enemy reinforcements, constituted by a rather unpleasant amount of oozes, very powerful darkened trolls (spell weavers and fighters) and goblinoids. His eyes met the First Mage's, briefly. They needed no words to understand each other, not anymore. He nodded, slowly.

Turning towards the battlefield once more, he began artfully weaving the most complex and powerful spells he knew, tapping as deeply as he could into the vast reserves of power he possessed. The sounds of battle all around him quieted down. The world itself disappeared. Time became irrelevant. Concentration, absolute.

The end result redefined the concept of obliteration.
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans
Miasmata
Retired Admin

Unread post by Miasmata »

A letter goes out via messenger on horseback from the Order of the Radiant Heart Auxiliary Chapterhouse to the Order of the Silver Rose compound at the Friendly Arm Inn. The rider arrives coated in dust from swift travel, bearing a bound scroll whose contents are secured by golden wax that has been stamped with the seal of Grand Knight Eldarian Al'maire. Once the letter has been passed to one of the Silver Rose's guards, the rider takes to his mount once more and flies down the Trade Way in the direction that he came.

[[ PM sent ]]
Bassman

Unread post by Bassman »

*Two hours after the message arrives. A squire, wearing the Cloak of the Silver Rose, would be seen mounting a horse. Knight General Seth Siger hands him a rolled parchment bearing the Seal of the Order of the Silver Rose. And the Squire and his horse gallops northward.*
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

Congratulations to our Newest Squires!!

Varran Ashencroft
Mercy Ashencroft
Mathias Pureheart
Joshua Pureheart
Corwyn Pureheart
Eira Faivre
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
whatsittoya

Unread post by whatsittoya »

A hooded woman in cloudy white and golden yellow approaches the front gate of the OSR keep, offering a warm greeting to the knights standing guard outside. She's seen them many times, and they've seen her, and so she waddles up without apprehension. She personally delivers a sealed letter, placing it in the hands of one of the guards and informing him of the letter's intended recipient: Dame Veslana Raven. With the assurance that the missive will reach its destination without fail, the hooded woman bows her head, chirping in delight as she does so, before scurrying away.

(( PM sent ))
Gemma, Dawnbringer
Sigrid, Bear Warrior
Kamila, Circus Performer
Grimhilda, Sea Witch
Geir, Man-Hunter
Astrid, SorcerICE
Bassman

Unread post by Bassman »

Congratulations Squires and welcome to the Silver Rose. I look forward to speaking with each and everyone of you.

Seth Siger
Knight General
Order of the Silver Rose
Invoker

Unread post by Invoker »

Dark Foreboding
It's a quite intensive first duty day on the Coast that brings me to write these lines, as I prepare my official report on yesterday's events. I have traveled from a world away...or perhaps many worlds, as the amount of different landscapes I have seen between Winterkeep and Daggerford is simply incredible, all of them being in a single material plane...And what I witnessed today only confirms without question this is exactly where I should be. All according to the vision.

I rode hard for the city of Baldur's Gate, and after a quick rest, switched horses and proceeded south. Through lawless lands filled with humanoid bandits and crazed wild beasts just south of Wyrmstone Bridge, I came into view of one of the most majestic fortresses I have ever seen. As I admired the structure and its well-equipped, well-disciplined guards, a fully armored lady came out of the main gate at a regal pace, stopping to greet the knights outside and giving instructions to a couple of squires nearby, a pure-white cape with the emblem of a silver rose enveloping her like light's embrace in a sunny day.

Soon, I was courteously greeted and invited in the premises, where we sat down to talk. Lady Elvina, to whom I immediately felt deeply connected likely because of the celestial heritage we share, confirmed my worst concerns on the situation at hand: infernal creatures had taken up residence in Dragonspear Castle, and were leading a war host of humanoid and monstrous servants to scorch the lands north of the Gate in the fires of battle.

Before we could enter the specifics of the strategical situation, like the tactical status quo and opposing sides' current deployment, the Knight-Commander was reached via Sending Spell by a woman called Rania, stating Bhaalists had assailed her and her companions but they had been fought off before they could deal fatal damage. Lady Elvina immediately communed with her spirit allies and, after I offered my assistance in the matter, quickly wove defensive wards around both of us before setting off after the bloodthirsty followers of the God of Murder. Along the way, we were joined by an Avowed of the fabled city of Candlekeep, named Annah: a powerful sorceress, she also was aware of the threat, and eager to put an end to it.

What we found, however, was unexpected, and perhaps even more troubling. Moving along the Lion's Way, we investigated the ambush location before proceeding south, towards the town of Beregost. On our path, we were ambushed by multiple goblin warbands, before coming across a dead merchant, a destroyed caravan, several corpses that we subsequently identified as cultists, and an imposing dark-scaled Dragon laying amidst the grisly scene. I had thought to parley with the beast since its language was familiar to both Annah and me, but as we came closer, we were able to identify it as an abominable Undead Wyrm. The Dracolich summoned five draconic minions in its image, and roared its challenge as our celestial allies rushed forwards, clashing at the exact time our first destruction weaves reached the unholy creatures. After long moments of intense fighting, the enemy was no more. The dead cultists were apparently servants of a powerful lich known as Polvich, which was previously thought destroyed. I then arranged for my celestial allies to carry the merchant's body to Beregost for proper burial and to ask the local temple to inform the family, if he had any.

On our way back to the Keep, Lady Elvina kindly offered me a place in the Order of the Silver Rose. It will be an honor to accept, and serve my god to the best of my ability alongside these valiant knights.
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Congratulations to our newest squire, Squire Harkon - [Invoker] !!
Bassman

Unread post by Bassman »

Congratulations Squire Harkon, and welcome to the Silver Rose!

Seth Siger
Knight General
Necrotic Shadows
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Necrotic Shadows »

Children of Mercy Orphanage

It was fitting, he had asked for this. He'd told the Lathanderite that he would like to help with preparations. He got more than he bargained for with a wake up before first light to represent the Silver Rose in the adventure ahead. So it was as he was standing there rubbing the sleep from his eyes after his short trek across town to the Halls of Inner Light, that Layne witnessed the hustle of a kitchen fully alive. Like some great dragon woke from it's rest, the kitchen was a living, wreathing body with a backdrop of flames from the oven. He couldn't help but smile seeing the lady that was the cause of it all. She was busy doling out tasks, explaining measurements, and chiding in a motherly way when something wasn't carried out exactly as requested.

He must have stood there too long, because her head popped up from what she was doing and she looked directly his way. One would not have been able to make out her eyes or more importantly her thoughts from below that low hanging hood. His first thought was to duck for cover. She might have been a wisp of a gal, small compared to his large stature, but she was keen, poised and sassy. The rest of the world might not have seen Gemma this way, but Layne had been around enough to know she was the business end of punctuality. It came from her strong ties with catching every morning sunrise for prayer. She cleared her throat and everything stopped. Quiet filled the room as every head turned to discover what she was staring at.

"it's fortuitous that your feet remembered where you were to be today, Squire. I assumed the rest of you had been swallowed by your bed. I accept that as the only excuse for your delay in getting here". There were snickers, and coughed chuckle from those gathered. However, that gentle smile formed on her lips that spelled out so much to him, most importantly that she was glad he came. The industrious nature of those gathered was nothing short of inspiring however, and he quickly learned the mood wasn't one of sternness. In fact, he found that every person there today was in high spirits. Chief among them was Gemma.

In little under an hour and a half the baking and cooling had run it's course and now laden with a large basket, Layne walked on Gemma's heels through town on the way to the Children of Mercy Orphanage. They spent a good afternoon among the children. Ruining appetites with baked confectional goodness. Layne spent some time telling the children about himself, what the Order of the Silver Rose's mission statement was in terms easy for children to understand. Lastly he told two stories. The first was about a bear from a deep woods who learned how to share his fish with other bears, because sharing is always a kind thing to do. The second was about a kitten who had no friends because he always tried to be tougher than the other kittens, it wasn't till he learned that it's better to use your meows than your claws to communicate, that he made any friends. Using the parables to reinforce what the sisters of the Orphanage were already teaching... both in how to share with others as well as not to fight.

The whole while Layne had been there in the hopes to inspire the children. But the truth of the matter, and something that couldn't evade Gemma's watchful eye, was that Layne himself had become inspired by them. His mood, his demeanor, everything softened within him. The visit to the orphanage, at least for Layne, would not be the last.
Aidan Thatcher ~ Attempted Gentleman, Diplomat, Shipwright
Layne Ashford ~ Knight General, Order of the Silver Rose
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Congratulations to our Newest Squires - Squire Shea Ashencroft - [DemonicBunny], Squire Toniael Ashencroft - [coma white] and Squire Justinus Guile - [ZestyDragon] !!
Bassman

Unread post by Bassman »

Congratulations to New Squires Shea, Toniael, and Justinus! Welcome to the Silver Rose!

Seth Siger
Knight General
Nyeleni
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Nyeleni »

Congratulations as well.

Today I had the honour to patrol with Squire Joshua Pureheart. He showed a cool head and a brave heart. Although the tradeway was mostly uneventful.

We made our way to Beregost and back to the keep. We thanked the Just God for our safe passage and I lent him some gold so he could purchase an item. A ring bestowing him greater strength.

Afterwards upon hearing a rumour about an Illithid north of the inn we went to investigate but the creature had already left.

May Justice prevail
Knight Warrant Mayra Dooran
Truman Capote, Breakfast At Tiffany's
"... - it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear."
LISA100595
Retired Staff

*A Big Announcement is on the Bulletin Boards*

Congratulations to Sir Seth Siger, he has been promoted to Knight Commander of the Silver Rose!!

Congratulations to Lady Veslana Raven, she has been promoted to Knight General of the Silver Rose!

and Congratulations to Sir Jerel, he has been promoted to Knight Errant of the Silver Rose!

Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro has chosen to move into an advisory and training position due to the influx of new Squires, she will now be a Senior Knight Counselor of the Silver Rose.

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”