Rumors & Events of Baldur's Gate

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Torvald Goodmane

Re: Rumors & Events of Baldur's Gate

Unread post by Torvald Goodmane »

Nailed to the bulletin board is a fresh scribing of the newest review from The Ivory Herald.

Publication: Posted in Baldur's Gate for those to read

House Vale

A Review and Perspective
Written by: Skye Le’Quella
Illustration by Arthur Webber

Walking through the lantern-lit cobblestone streets in Baldur’s gate, it's easy to get distracted. One might hear the chatter of merchants and customers, or the rolling cracking of wooden wagon wheels moving along the hard uneven ground. There is so much to see that it's hard to know where to start. One could visit the local inns and taverns where the serene sounds of minstrels play into the starry night sky. Others could visit the wide and trade with merchants from all around the sword coast. But there's a place beyond the meager daily dealings of the East Gate District. A place refined in the exquisite expectations of the Grand Dukes and many houses that live among it. One of which is a long white stone building accented with masterfully crafted stained glass artwork. This is the House founded by established immigrant and Siamorphe devout, Osric Vale.

When you enter House Vale the influence of Siamorphe can be found in nearly every stone and fixture of the building. The candle-set chandeliers illuminate the pure stone and shimmer across the elegant masonry of the marble flooring. The vision of Osric Vale spelled out in the ornate imagery and sculptures around the halls. One might find themselves beholding one of the many statues dedicated to the Lady of Nobles, or perhaps watching the tranquil waters of the fountain. Stewart Dral Winterward of House Vale generously granted me an interview and perspective on the property.

House Vale is home to several staff and soldiers alike. There are three divisions amongst the house to serve in the daily duties one house may require. These branches include the arcane, scouting, and the quartermaster. Each of these roles are meticulously chosen by experience and expertise, to run House Vale at the highest standards of excellence. When asked about who else may share these halls the dwarf reminisced of some of the legendary tales of his time. He spoke of the countless wars he has fought, the allies he's made, and of course the many friends that have come and went. The estate is home to many memories of conquest, strength, and perseverance. House Vale has had a long history of support of its fellow nobles and of course the Grand Dukes.

When asked about some of the features of the house, the stewart welcomed me along a walkthrough of the estate. There was a shrine room to Siamorphe, quaint guest rooms, a well-equipped clean infirmary, and an impressive barracks fitting of a masterful dwarf. Though of all the rooms, I was most impressed with the mundane, the first room you enter as you turn to the right; the small tavern.

The drinks were hand-selected by Osric Vale, giving each of them a virtuoso quality. The bartender Aaron was proficient, polite, and eloquent. The entirety of the House was so very welcoming that It would make leaving a chore. The decor of ships and Waterdeep adorn each wall while the furniture and dining table stay in the brilliant watchful view of the harp. There is so much history in this room one could almost hear the sounds of the harp filling the room while a grand noble meal hosts a house of friends new and old.

Final Thoughts from the Editor:
My stay with The Last Anchor was enjoyable. In a system of favorability, I am ranking this inn as a four and a half roses on a five rose scale. In my short time visiting House Vale , I was impressed with the care and passion Stewart Dral expressed regarding the estate. The estate has stood with the Dukes and against those who would threaten Baldur’s Gate. There is so much to be said for these individuals who come from so many different walks of life.
The lodging, food, and drinks was one fit for a noble, and delivered as such. The guest rooms were small, but the public rooms were large and sprawling. While the rooms were quaint, there was plenty to see amongst the estate. Live music, drinks, and plenty of room to dance make this an exciting place to visit. I would say House Vale would be an ideal recommendation for those with the poise and affluence to stand amongst those of nobility, but I would be selling the estate short. The house supports so many different individuals and takes care of them so well. I would recommend them as a welcoming place of employment and excitement. House Vale stands to inspire, teach, and explore the mysteries of the sword coast for all of those brave enough to earn their keep.

House Vale: 4.5
Food: 4
Drinks: 5
Lodging: +4.5

For information on reviews and booking a viewing please contact Skye Le’Quella execuative writer and editor for the Ivory Herald.*
dakalb

Unread post by dakalb »

Most people would notice a fully armored dwarf walking into the farmers fields near dusk.

Kejmckin:

Doan Mordain: A sailoring dwarf
Dral Winterward: "Loyal"
Dolan Ironfaar: "You can learn most anything from reading a book"
Torvald Goodmane

Congratulations!
Edelgarde Spades & Cyrah Ru’othro

Upon the closing of the Ivory Herald's Writer's Showcase Competition these two brilliant writers were selected for their works. Edelgarde was selected by vote from the region of the Sword Coast, as out Regional Winner. I have the liberty of speaking with Ms. Spades this afternoon, who has generously donated the fifty thousand gold prize to the furthering of education amongst orphaned children. These earnings have been donated to the Ilmater Shrine, a local church of Ilmater in Baldur's Gate.

The selection by director and founder of the Ivory Herald has selected Cyrah Ru'othro as its prize holder. Paying special attention to the intricate and difficult rhyme schemes, Cyrah demonstrated skill in poetry while telling a cohesive story. Technically and artistically speaking their abilities in writing speak for themselves. Cyrah has been awarded his fifty thousand gold coins, and has made no comment on how he plans to spend it.

Congratulations to both of our well deserved winners. Portraits and interviews will be written and illustrated in our next publication. Please look forward to each piece dedicated to these truly talented writers.

Sincerely as editor I wanted to thank all of our participants, whos work made deciding both challenging and exciting. From the barbarian staring at his axe at the fire to the well mannered aristocratic elf, this competition had the pleasure of hosting all walks of life. Please look forward to our exciting arrangement. More to come soon.

Skye Le'Quella
Writer and Editor
The Ivory Herald

Kiran

Unread post by Kiran »

There is a rumour in the city that in four days time a select few individuals had been invited to the Mystran church to witness some sort of important ceremony.

Little else is known.
Player of:

Damian Pascal, - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel - Presumed dead
Althalous Fenwick, Paladin of Mystra. - A memory lost
Alexander Holgart

Unread post by Alexander Holgart »

= Training to the limit =

Ser Althalous Fenwick' Squire, Alexander Holgart, can be seen walking out of the Temple of Torm in an abrupt manner. He walks toward the Northern Arena with a troubled and stern expression.

He spends hours at the arena running and excercising in his full armor until complete exhaustion, when unable to continue he uses potions to keep going beyond the natural limit of his own body until there is nothing left and he must stop.

After the training he is approached by Amos Thistle, the two have a seemingly polite and almost friendly conversation before the Squire leaves to find rest.

Hoital

Unread post by Hoital »

An elven fellow can be seen pacing around near the fountain in the northern farmlands almost every evening the past few days. He doesn't seem to do much other than mutter to himself and fidget as if unable to hold still.

He seems nice enough to those who pass by, but its clear he's fixated on the fountain. Some may simply disregard the muttering, lanky mess of an elf to just be another crazy person ogling the fountain statues.
Oth Neren- Chamberlain, House Darius (rumored Tentacle Mage)
Hazel Raines- Literal airhead
Michelle Ashe- Everything is scary
Anrilor
Retired Staff

Unread post by Anrilor »

viewtopic.php?f=17&p=914925#p914925

Upon hearing another contingent of men returning from the field, some wounded and gravely injured, with protections from evil and wearing thick leather gloves Aly would ask to assist the Fist with healing of the men, along with attempting to overhear and gently ask about what it is they are fighting out there. She would also carefully ask why it is they are so proud upon returning as if they won some great battle? Was the threat defeated?
Amora Lininlith: A shadow in the Dark, to protect the light. retired from the coast
Alyssia Leonheart: Heartwarder, High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light Retired from the Coast
Katli Lovric: Selunite Warrior Priestess
dakalb

Unread post by dakalb »

Missing Parts

Scuffled Man *Groans in pain holding his wound*
Bobbin Are you okay?
Scuffled Man "H-help!"
Bobbin What do you need help about?
Dral Winterward looks out
Dral Winterward "What is it"
Dral Winterward to the man
Scuffled Man "I.. I tried to visit my grandmother and some horrible man told me to leave."
Vendor 'Xon looks up
Gillian Massey anyone got a healing kit?
Scuffled Man "I told him no, and his goons-" *Coughs blood on the ground* "His goons took after me!"
Bobbin He looks the man over then nods slightly.
Dral Winterward "Where at is your grandmother?""
Scuffled Man "Her grave is in the graveyard."
Bobbin Drink this or it looks like you won't make it to a proper healer.
Bobbin ... Eh...
Vendor 'Xon smiles at Gil sound like a quest
Scuffled Man "He wont let anyone near the graves, he was digging something up."
Bobbin He attempts to hand the man the healing potion.
Scuffled Man *Grabs the potion drinking it quickly*
Dral Winterward "Some goons told you off from your grandmothers grave"
Dral Winterward "I don't need to hear more.. on me if your comin"
Riva Rootclaw dusts her hands lightly and quirks a brow towards the fire.
Scuffled Man "He .. Just an arse.." *Coughing from drinking it to fast*
Scuffled Man "I'm going to get to the shrine and get this looked at." *He limped off towards the city*

*Into the Graveyard*

Bobbin Alright, I'll watch your back Dral.
Dral Winterward chuckles
Dral Winterward "Maybe you wanna go first?"
Bobbin You know this is probably some kind of setup

<i>There is a fog to the air as the rain begins to fall from the recent storm.

Dral Winterward "Noo.. that man was hurt.. and who lets people dig in the graveyard?"
Bobbin Hey there Wild.
Riva Rootclaw meandered on after the pair, curiosity driving her more than anything. She offers a slight nod of greeting.
Dral Winterward "It's dark, either of you can help with that?"

The mud is wet with several footprints.

Riva Rootclaw cast a gentle light on Dral-- wary of anything too bright.
Bobbin Well, guess we best get to looking
Dral Winterward "Aye.. "
Dral Winterward Tell let you discover those prints.. I am oblivious really
Riva Rootclaw gestures to the ground. "Perhaps those prints will lead us to the quarry?"
Dral Winterward following the tracker now

<i>A red light flickers across the graveyard

Bobbin Either one of you have a deathward handy?
Riva Rootclaw "Yes. Gather round closely."
Bobbin Thank you
Riva Rootclaw nods and eyes the red lights warily, after murmuring the incantation in her native tongue.

<i>The sounds of digging can be heard near the cave to the west. The sounds of bickering can be heard between a man and women.

Bobbin I lost the footprints. I guess pick a path.
Dral Winterward "Well, I hear shovels..sounds like up them stairs?" looking around
Dral Winterward "Seems like time for people who don't clank to have a look? or you wanna rush em?"
Riva Rootclaw cants her head a little, tilting one of those keen elven ears upward. "I hear arguing-- something about shooting someone, and fear of the Fist coming. Perhaps related to the injured man?" She keeps her voice low.
Bobbin Let's see what's happening first. We're not guards.
Bobbin For all we know he attacked them.
Dral Winterward nervously shifting his weight
Bobbin Well, let's go see.

<i>The howling of wind moves through the vally and across the tombs.

Dral Winterward Whispers "We can't let em get away iffin their diggin up the dead"
Bobbin He shrugs.

<i>The noise is coming from the east

Riva Rootclaw looks to Dral with a slight nod, then moves to follow the tiefling, having only caught the tail end of things.

Sniffling Half Orc "Someuns comin boss!"

Bobbin Hello.
Sniffling Half Orc *Sneezes on his hands looking to the others*
Dral Winterward "STAY still "
Lovarik Terrorfang *Sticks his shovel in the ground digging deeping in the grave*
Giggling Rogue "Is that the Flaming Fist?"
Riva Rootclaw observes from behind, remaining in her elven form for now, wary of drawing too close like this, though.
Sniffling Half Orc "Nuw, its just some gnome and his friends."
Sniffling Half Orc "What do ye want? We have business here."
Sniffling Half Orc *Sneezes again sniffling*
Giggling Rogue *Giggles.*
Sniffling Half Orc *Looks to Bobbin* "What ye lookin at half breed?"
Bobbin He looks over the bodies then winces and says, "That goes a bit beyond any kind of adventuring this being an active graveyard."
Lovarik Terrorfang "Tell them to leave Gormok! We have work to get done!"
Dral Winterward Moves around to the side trying to block off runners
Bobbin He sighs and kneels down and changes his boots.

<i>A pile of dug up bodies rest to their left with two chests covered in dirt

Sniffling Half Orc "Aye Gigguls!"
Sniffling Half Orc "This un here is takin 'es boots off!"
Sniffling Half Orc "What am do?"
Lovarik Terrorfang "Hey! You! Stay away from my work!"
Lovarik Terrorfang "Blasted thieving gnomes!"
Dral Winterward goes to grab the shovel out of his hand
Bobbin After putting on another pair of boots he stands back up.
Lovarik Terrorfang *Grabbing at his shovel as its taken from his hands* "Hey! You bloody bastard!"
Lovarik Terrorfang "Do you have any idea who I am!?"
Dral Winterward "Get your arse back away"
Giggling Rogue "Oi, leave master's shovel in peace!" *Giggles.*
Riva Rootclaw cants her head, puzzled. "I do not think hired grave-diggers would be attacking visitors to a graveyard," she remarks quietly, though that much is obvious; she glances over towards Dral, weight shifting a bit.
Bobbin Can you explain who you are?
Giggling Rogue "Needs it for work, important work, yes!"
Dral Winterward tosses the shovel away out of reach past the fence
Lovarik Terrorfang "I am Lovarik Terrorfang!"
Sniffling Half Orc Tarra Fang!
Bobbin He nods slowly then asks, "What's the work involve and what do you plan to do?"
Dral Winterward "You like handin out poisoned drinks per chance?"
Giggling Rogue "Yeah!" *Giggles.* "Terrorfangies!"
Lovarik Terrorfang "Why would I do that! I just need a few dead pieces for my golem."
Lovarik Terrorfang "Would you shut up with that incessant giggling!"
Bobbin He shakes his head slightly.
Giggling Rogue "What? You told me you loved it last night!"
Lovarik Terrorfang *Looks back to Dral* "Leave and you and your friends can take some of the pieces I found on some of these corpses. I don't need the gems just the parts?"
Lovarik Terrorfang "I hate her."
Dral Winterward "You should take a walk with us as I see it"
Lovarik Terrorfang "I am Lovarik Terrorfang. I do not follow orders from the likes of you"
Riva Rootclaw "Should I... perhaps retrieve one of the Fist while you two remain to watch them?"
Sniffling Half Orc *Sniffles nervously.*
Lovarik Terrorfang "Hey now!"
Dral Winterward "Sounds like an excellent idea to me" nods once
Giggling Rogue "Why you gotta be like that?!" *Giggles at Riva.*
Lovarik Terrorfang "Theres no reason to get the Fist involved."
Bobbin "Look. Lomack. You do know there are easier and less stupid ways to get bodies... for... whatever?"
Lovarik Terrorfang "We can strike a deal."
Giggling Rogue "Good deal, yes!" *Giggles some more.*
Sniffling Half Orc A d-dd-deal! *Sneezes again*
Bobbin "If you stay here and tae these bodies you and your two friends are going to end up killed."
Lovarik Terrorfang "And if we leave peacefully?"
Giggling Rogue "Whoa! What a mean thing to say to someone!" *She snaps at Bobbin with a giggle.*
Bobbin "You'll probably have the Fist looking for you as I'm sure a patrol is mustering any minute now."
Dral Winterward "
Lovarik Terrorfang "So... What you're saying is you didn't see anything, and we can leave?" *Eyeing the crossbow*
Bobbin "If you want to make a golem to play cards with, that's your business but at least go and get the parts from some pests like full orc, goblins, or kobolds, or gnolls."
Riva Rootclaw rubs her jaw a bit. She looks to Dral.
Dral Winterward "You can walk to the fist with us.. you can have us grab the fist.. or we can take you to the fist"
Bobbin "Better yet, Trolls. The heal great."
Sniffling Half Orc *Sniffles few times, glancing to his sides.*
Lovarik Terrorfang "Hmm.. I have considered your offer."
Dral Winterward "Bobbin, you'll let me have the green idiot if this goes down yea?"
Bobbin He looks to his feet and raises a hand and says, "Bob, stand here a moment."
Lovarik Terrorfang "Terror dang bows to nobody! Guards! Kill them!"
Giggling Rogue "Why ye keep talking about them Fist? You sound threatening!" *Giggles.*

Dral Winterward subdued Sniffling Half Orc

Giggling Rogue "Nooo sniffles!"

Dral Winterward subdued Lovarik Terrorfang
Riva Rootclaw subdued Giggling Rogue

Dral Winterward "HA! tie em up"
Bobbin Bob... You're way late.
Riva Rootclaw grunts, easing a step back then-- squinting at the shadow.

<i>The three bandits lay motionless on the ground.

Bobbin Well... Let's get these three to the Fist, they might have a little life left in them."
Dral Winterward rummaging through a bag for rope or twine or something
Dral Winterward "I err.. got nothing"
Riva Rootclaw returns to elven form, stepping forward to check the three for said signs of life.
Dral Winterward "Three of them.. three of us.. think we can carry em??"
Bobbin He hauls the Hin to his shoulder.
Bobbin Eh might as well check these too.
Dral Winterward sighs.. "Alright.. give me the big smell one"
Dral Winterward grabs the orc
Riva Rootclaw "More of a dragging, as I doubt the Fist would appreciate a large animal hauling a body out."

*Remains motionless.*

Dral Winterward "Take that ones mask off.. lets see who they are"
Riva Rootclaw reaches to pull the mask off of the man who'd had one-- Terrorfang.
Bobbin He sets the Hin down then tilts his head with a frown.
Riva Rootclaw attempts to, anyway.
Dral Winterward "Hey, that's meant for those lying in peace"
Dral Winterward "Surely that's where they got it from.."
Dral Winterward "Imma come back and let these people rest after we take these three to the Fist"
Bobbin Fella making golems thought maybe one of the chest were.
Bobbin He picks up the Hin.
Riva Rootclaw "Graverobbing is considered taboo when in a graveyard," she agrees.
Dral Winterward Hmphhh
Dral Winterward Starts to haul the orc to the east gate
Bobbin I think I can carry the Hin and scrawny one.
Bobbin He changes his belt.
Riva Rootclaw "I can carry one of them," she shrugs, pulling herself to her feet. "Whichever you do not."
Bobbin He offers the Hin to Riva after pulling their leader by the scruff of his robe.

((There are two humans and a half orc))
<i>The bodies drag easily.

Riva Rootclaw takes the giggling human and helps drag her.</C

*Eastern Farmlands*

Riva Rootclaw looks to the left, and to the right.
Bobbin He drags the body clear of the archway then drops it.
Flaming Fist Officer . . .What?
Flaming Fist Guardsman Oi. . what's that?
Dral Winterward Drops the orc and lets his had slam against the ground
Flaming Fist Guardsman Yall turning ya selves in for a muggin?
Dral Winterward "Ooops"
Riva Rootclaw carefully sets the human down and rises, hands splaying, palms up, indicating she is unarmed.
Bobbin Of course not. These three were digging up bodies and they said to make a golem. Have a priest revive them and see for yourselves.
Bobbin The also attacked a man that should have reported it to some guards by now.
Flaming Fist Officer "Ah, this one."
Flaming Fist Officer *Looking down at the three* "Good work, you three."
Dral Winterward "Aye.. Riva and Bobbin here did quick work of those three"
Dral Winterward "Hopefully, they will sing praises at the campfire later"
Flaming Fist Officer "Good work. Which one of you is Bobbin."
Flaming Fist Officer *He looked to Riva* "Good work Bobbin."
Bobbin After a tilting his head toward Dral he says, "So, there bounty for bringing in criminals?"
Riva Rootclaw "I-- am Riva."
Flaming Fist Officer "Oh.. Well then, good work Riva."
Riva Rootclaw rubs the back of her neck.
Bobbin "I'm Bobbin the Magnificent today."
Flaming Fist Mercenary *Flops a body on the ground by the hair* Fresh meat.
Riva Rootclaw inclines her head a little in acknowledgement, and glances to the left.
Flaming Fist Officer *Looking down to the masked unconscious man then to Bobbin* "You two part of.. The same cult?"
Flaming Fist Officer *Looking between the masks*
Flaming Fist Mercenary Cult. . one of them cultists?
Flaming Fist Mercenary Hands. . show us the hands.
Bobbin What?
Flaming Fist Mercenary -Hands-
Bobbin Oh... Forgot about the mask.
Flaming Fist Officer "I've seen that mask before."
Flaming Fist Mercenary *Leans down and checks the hands of the downed man.*
Bobbin No...

Riva Rootclaw "I need no bounty," she states carefully, taking a step to offer the mercenary some space.
Bobbin He lifts his empty hands and pulls off the mask.
Flaming Fist Officer "Right then. The three of you are lucky."
Flaming Fist Mercenary Back of the hands.
Flaming Fist Officer "We had a bounty on this one for a while now."
Flaming Fist Officer "Three thousand gold to his capture."
Bobbin He shows the back of his gloved hands.
Flaming Fist Mercenary Bare hands. . .
Flaming Fist Mercenary Ya can do it over there.. away from folk.
Flaming Fist Mercenary If ya like.
Flaming Fist Officer *Looks down at the new body* "Remove these bodies, if you will."
Flaming Fist Mercenary Aye sir. . I'll haul 'em.
Bobbin "Don't see how that makes a difference" He says while pulling his gloves off with a scowl.
Flaming Fist Mercenary *Peers. . . *
Riva Rootclaw looks between guard and tiefling.
Frederick Von Rittermark looks at Bobbins hands
Flaming Fist Mercenary *nods with a grunt.*
Bobbin He shows the back of his bare hands.
Flaming Fist Officer *Reaching into his armor he took out a piece of parchment writing down with a grease pencil* "Bring this to headquarters."
Bobbin His hands do bare a few scratches but no tattoos or markings.
Flaming Fist Officer *Holding it out to Bobbin* "Break it up amongst yourself as you will."
Frederick Von Rittermark shrugs
Bobbin He nods and accepts the parchment.
Flaming Fist Mercenary *Nods and grabs the still breathing man.*
Flaming Fist Mercenary *Dragging him by a foot.*
Flaming Fist Officer *Looks to the guardsman* "Get a few of the others."
Flaming Fist Guardsman "Yes sir."
Bobbin He nods then steps over to Dral.
Flaming Fist Guardsman "Pardon"
Dral Winterward "Ohh, I don't need reward for all your work"
Dral Winterward smiles
Bobbin He shrugs then says , "Thanks."
Flaming Fist Guardsman *Picking up the unconscious rogue over his shoulder and carries them off*
Dral Winterward "I need to get those who were dug up back in their holes"
Riva Rootclaw accepts the coin with a faint nod.
Flaming Fist Guardsman *Dragging the last unconscious half orc off*
Flaming Fist Officer "I'll write your names down."
Flaming Fist Officer "Bobbin, Riva, and who would you be?" *Looking to Dral*
Dral Winterward "Dral Winterward sir"
Bobbin Make sure you mention Dral too. He lead.
Flaming Fist Officer "Thank you Three. Spend that gold wisely."
Bobbin He changes his boots.
Dral Winterward waves his hands off
Dral Winterward "HA ha.. no no now"
Riva Rootclaw "Ah... thank you."
Dral Winterward "Just doin my part" nods once
Flaming Fist Officer "Mind the Roads." *Standing at attention*
Riva Rootclaw shifts her weight awkwardly, but looked oddly relieved at having her name marked down somewhere. "Fair winds."
Flaming Fist Officer "Certainly Madam. Go on ahead."
Dral Winterward takes a deep breath "Back to it then"
Flaming Fist Officer "Be careful in there."
Bobbin I don't think there is, but I'll be by the campfire for a while if you notice anything.
Silaqui Galanodel Thank you. Bows and smiles
*back into the graveyard*
Dral Winterward starts dragging bodies back into holes

<i>The bodies drop in the deep graves*

Dral Winterward searches the chests for anything peculiar before dropping the items back in the ground

it appears to be a book and some gems

Dral Winterward dumps it all in the graves with the bodies
Dral Winterward smiles "Job done then"

"For the people"
Kejmckin:

Doan Mordain: A sailoring dwarf
Dral Winterward: "Loyal"
Dolan Ironfaar: "You can learn most anything from reading a book"
Heretic

Unread post by Heretic »

The following notice is pinned to the Bulletin Board throughout Baldur’s Gate
3 Kythorn 1357

This is to notify Madam Ailsa Cards, of House of Cards, that her garment order is complete and available for delivery. Please leave a correspondence for Lady Netanya at the Phoenix Company Lodge in Wyrms Crossing to coordinate delivery and of payment. Thank you for your patronage.

House Divine
Alexander Holgart

The Supplicant

Unread post by Alexander Holgart »

=The Supplicant=

The Squire and Tormite Unproven, Alexander Holgart can be seen walking the streets of Baldur's Gate wearing old rags and none of his usual possessions.

He seems covered in dirt and dust, spending a day among the beggars and needy of the city.

There seem to be no apparent reason for this, maybe a penance?

Almarea90
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Almarea90 »

As an odd sight as it might be, a red-haired tiefling in blue coat and backpack, who some might recognize as the one usually sitting on the benches of Candlekeep, can be seen gathering herbs, albeit still in an inexperienced way, in the areas around Baldur's Gate or even further and taking precise notes and sketches of the plants. She would always carry the gathered herbs to the temple of Ilmater and would often stop there to help the caretakers in whatever task might be required. If someone among those who are cared for in the temple was to manifest an interest in learning letters she would make herself available to teach them free of charges. Before leaving for the night, she would without fail stop by the memorial to Melissar and leave a flower.
Edelgarde Spades - Guide of Candlekeep and Deneirrath priest, still a Disney princess in the wrong tale.

Gleam of the Firefly - In your darkest hour, look for the firefly

Auntie Ed's Wands(TM): Saving the Coast one Protection from Evil at time.

Candlekeep Public Collection Reference
DM Spartacus
DM

Unread post by DM Spartacus »

Ailsa Cards, of House Cards, and Deck of Cards shipping Investments revealed a new seafaring look on the eve of the departure of the fleet on a short coastal haul south rumoured to be stocking on luxury items and foods for Baldur's gate predicting a market improving from the spring disasters and ready to spend. The 'nautical' look was prepared by House Divine and a small fashion conscious procession proceeded to the docks as the House prepared it's ships for sea.
Torvald Goodmane

The Ivory Herald Writer's Showcase Competition

Regional Winner
Scribe Edelgarde Spades

Regional Winner of the Ivory Herald’s Writer’s Showcase Competition.
Portrait by Artist Arthur Webber
When you travel to Candlekeep, you may arrive there to donate a book. Perhaps, you may view the library if that book is deemed valuable enough. The keep is a tall fortress surrounded by gorgeous white masonry. Each wall stands approximately twenty feet tall and is ensconced by an endless cliff face descending to a vast open water. Candlekeep is a grand fortress serving as a protectorate of its seemingly endless tomes and books. However, this is not a story about the books, tomes, or relics within the towering keep. The keep holds acolytes, avowed scholars, and scribes which stand as the most resource of the fortress. One of these many talented individuals is our recent Regional Winner of the Ivory Herald’s Writer Showcare Competition; Scribe Edelgarde Spades. The Ivory Herald had the pleasure of interviewing the Scribe and gaining a perspective into the vast wonder of her creativity.

Edelagarde was not always a notable scribe entrusted with some of Faerûn’s most prestigious works of both fiction and academia. No, she began her journey in a small house outside of Neverwinter, raised by a kind and patient Ilmatari. Her life there was that of a humble beginning. Bound by seclusion due to her heritage, she spent a considerable amount of time with her grandmother. When fate changed her life forever, she found herself working under a local house with access to a grand library with shelves upon shelves of books. There, circumstances turned opportunity as the young woman learned to read and write. She acquired a skill beyond value and fortune. One she would use to craft stories and build a legacy as a scholar among the Sword Coast.

When I asked Ms. Spades about her arrival to Baldur’s Gate she said she began her way to the region following her departure with her house. Upon arrival, she didn’t know anyone in the area and mostly found herself in the rhythm of studying art, history and the planes. This played a great part in her involvement during the devil war where she researched during the efforts.

Her love for investigation and research eventually brought her upon a friend who offered to take her to a local library. After an exhaustive walk, she found herself upon a trail leading to the grand walls of Candlekeep. Her friend took the liberty of setting up an interview for her. The surprise turned out to be a pinnacle moment for Ed and the keep. A month later she took her vows amongst the prestigious collective.

This brings us to today, where Scribe Spades can be found within the grand walls of Candlekeep as an accomplished writer. Amongst her many works several of them are researched and recorded while others are more akin to her award winning fiction: The Frustrated Fairy.

I had the opportunity to ask her about her writing. To which she attributed much of the story as an homage to childhood dream of being a fairy godmother.

“Fairy godmothers get things done”

Candlekeep’s scribe explained. The frustration of the fairy came from the frustration of the fairy godmother always coming in for the rescue. The story gives the gift of the weave to the hands of the maiden to handle the situation on her own leaving us with a satisfying bigby across the right faces. If you enjoyed the work as much as many of our readers, I’d advise you to visit her other fictional works including: The Wooden Box.

Today Edelgarde can be found working among Candlekeep where she welcomes travelers to come by for any assistance she may offer. Knowledge, research, and perhaps a simple ward or two. Not long after the Devil War, she and her brother founded House Spades offering a family to those who may have had none to begin with. When asked for any final Quotes for the many travelers Ms. Spades offered:

“Mortals forge their own destiny. No destiny is set in stone.”

To those with perhaps an untapped talent or a distance ambition:

“A healthy mind is constantly occupied in many activities, do not fear to try your hand at a new art.”

I want to thank Scribe Spades for the opportunity to interview the regional winner of the Ivory Herald’s Competition. All earnings have been donated to the Ilmater shrine to further the education of the orphanage.

Please look forward to our next interview with the Ivory Herald’s Selection for the Writer’s Showcase Competition: Cyrah Ru’othro

For information on publications, reviews, and interviews. Please contact Skye Le’Quella and thank you for reading.

Written by:
Skye Le’Quella
Writer and Editor

Hidden: show
Regional Winner of the Ivory Herald’s Writer’s Showcase Competition.
Portrait by Artist Arthur Webber
When you travel to Candlekeep, you may arrive there to donate a book. Perhaps, you may view the library if that book is deemed valuable enough. The keep is a tall fortress surrounded by gorgeous white masonry. Each wall stands approximately twenty feet tall and is ensconced by an endless cliff face descending to a vast open water. Candlekeep is a grand fortress serving as a protectorate of its seemingly endless tomes and books. However, this is not a story about the books, tomes, or relics within the towering keep. The keep holds acolytes, avowed scholars, and scribes which stand as the most resource of the fortress. One of these many talented individuals is our recent Regional Winner of the Ivory Herald’s Writer Showcare Competition; Scribe Edelgarde Spades. The Ivory Herald had the pleasure of interviewing the Scribe and gaining a perspective into the vast wonder of her creativity.

Edelagarde was not always a notable scribe entrusted with some of Faerûn’s most prestigious works of both fiction and academia. No, she began her journey in a small house outside of Neverwinter, raised by a kind and patient Ilmatari. Her life there was that of a humble beginning. Bound by seclusion due to her heritage, she spent a considerable amount of time with her grandmother. When fate changed her life forever, she found herself working under a local house with access to a grand library with shelves upon shelves of books. There, circumstances turned opportunity as the young woman learned to read and write. She acquired a skill beyond value and fortune. One she would use to craft stories and build a legacy as a scholar among the Sword Coast.

When I asked Ms. Spades about her arrival to Baldur’s Gate she said she began her way to the region following her departure with her house. Upon arrival, she didn’t know anyone in the area and mostly found herself in the rhythm of studying art, history and the planes. This played a great part in her involvement during the devil war where she researched during the efforts.

Her love for investigation and research eventually brought her upon a friend who offered to take her to a local library. After an exhaustive walk, she found herself upon a trail leading to the grand walls of Candlekeep. Her friend took the liberty of setting up an interview for her. The surprise turned out to be a pinnacle moment for Ed and the keep. A month later she took her vows amongst the prestigious collective.

This brings us to today, where Scribe Spades can be found within the grand walls of Candlekeep as an accomplished writer. Amongst her many works several of them are researched and recorded while others are more akin to her award winning fiction: The Frustrated Fairy.

I had the opportunity to ask her about her writing. To which she attributed much of the story as an homage to childhood dream of being a fairy godmother.

“Fairy godmothers get things done”

Candlekeep’s scribe explained. The frustration of the fairy came from the frustration of the fairy godmother always coming in for the rescue. The story gives the gift of the weave to the hands of the maiden to handle the situation on her own leaving us with a satisfying bigby across the right faces. If you enjoyed the work as much as many of our readers, I’d advise you to visit her other fictional works including: The Wooden Box.

Today Edelgarde can be found working among Candlekeep where she welcomes travelers to come by for any assistance she may offer. Knowledge, research, and perhaps a simple ward or two. Not long after the Devil War, she and her brother founded House Spades offering a family to those who may have had none to begin with. When asked for any final Quotes for the many travelers Ms. Spades offered:

“Mortals forge their own destiny. No destiny is set in stone.”

To those with perhaps an untapped talent or a distance ambition:

“A healthy mind is constantly occupied in many activities, do not fear to try your hand at a new art.”

I want to thank Scribe Spades for the opportunity to interview the regional winner of the Ivory Herald’s Competition. All earnings have been donated to the Ilmater shrine to further the education of the orphanage.

Please look forward to our next interview with the Ivory Herald’s Selection for the Writer’s Showcase Competition: Cyrah Ru’othro

For information on publications, reviews, and interviews. Please contact Skye Le’Quella and thank you for reading.

Written by:
Skye Le’Quella
Writer and Editor
Azroth

Unread post by Azroth »

A hooded male with blood stain encrusted boots and pants would enter the sewers from the surface of Bauldur’s Gate city. To fade out from the city itself, not seen again, at least in the same context, if at all.

Later...

Propaganda would be sighted would litter the sewers and under city of Bauldur’s Gate by way of an individual, it states;
Are you tired of being stepped on by those fed by silver spoons? Are you tired of living in a ditch because claimed higher society tells you to do so? My brothers and sisters, it is time to show the rest that no longer will you allow being displaced within our beloved city because society tells you to do so, rise up. Become the warriors of purpose, do not feed on the table scraps from those so-called high borns. Take back what is yours rightfully. Show that tyranny is not to be tolerated. Show that you are just as important as they are, and prove to them they can’t function without you.

Show the rest what you deserve, and prove to them, not through words, but actions. Walls may crumble. Towers may burn, loved ones may die, but in the end, it is us, the common citizen, who shall prevail. It is time we rally up and fight for what one believes in. No longer talks will be tolerated. The time to act is now.

Rise and be the warrior in what you believe in. Fight for yourselves, fight for your brothers and sisters, fight to take it all back.
After years of trying to give others a chance to prove to me they can shape up here, I have run out of patience. The numbers of nwn2 overall dropping in the past few years have told me the path others truly want to take. Actions speak louder than words.

It's not worth the investment.
mastajabba

Radiant Scout

Unread post by mastajabba »

The Radiant Scout can be seen out there patrolling the Ducal Lands and lending aid to Flaming Fists Patrols when encountered. Along the way he’d Tally-Ho the people make short chat and continue to carry on his watch over the good gods fearing people of Baldur’s Gate. Keeping them save from the wicked and vile.

Always his deep rich green cloak with a rich embroidered Order of the Radiant Heart symbol on his back a small wooden carved gold horned unicorn head looking to the left hangs from his neck.
Warden Nigel Blaquehawke - Recon Scout/Ranger of Mielikki- Order of the Radiant Heart

Squire Gideon - Righteous Wrath of the True and Just god Torm- Order of Radiant Heart

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”