Rumors & Events of Baldur's Gate

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Anrilor
Retired Staff

Re: Rumors & Events of Baldur's Gate

Unread post by Anrilor »

Fliers begin to pop up throughout the city
The Halls of Inner Light presents:
A Midsummer Wedding

The Halls of Inner Light is proud to announce the union of two beautiful souls within our prayer hall on Midsummer night. The Day will be filled with games, prizes, food and drink, and the love and life of a party on this blessed holiday. As dusk settles and the games wind to an end, the party will retreat within the Halls to the prayer hall to join two hearts into one, once the ceremony is complete, a feast and revelry will continue within the Heartfire tavern until dawn.

For the games, prize tickets can be won at each event, and each event can be repeated as many times as one wishes.

Tier 3 Prize: 5x potions of lesser restoration, 5 scrolls of lesser restoration, 5x healing kits, or 500 gold
Tier 2 Prize: 10x healing kits, 1 divine scroll of choosing 1-4 Circle level, or 1000 gold
Tier 1 Prize: 1 divine scroll of choosing 5-9 Circle level, or 2500 gold

Games such as tests of strength, dexterity, accuracy, and more will be offered at 1000 gold per full attempt.

Proceeds from the fair will go to the Temple of Ilmater to aid and needy and down trodden within the city.

Come for the fun and excitement, watch the union of two lovers, help sponsor the charities of the temples within the city, and party from dusk til dawn!

~Alyssia Leonhart~
High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light
(((Aug 1st, time TBD by the players of the wedding, will update closer to the event
Amora Lininlith: A shadow in the Dark, to protect the light. retired from the coast
Alyssia Leonheart: Heartwarder, High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light Retired from the Coast
Katli Lovric: Selunite Warrior Priestess
HenryRoseblade

Unread post by HenryRoseblade »

Parchments displaying a rose and blade are placed in various places around the gate.
Image Roseblade's Second Tournament
of Migh

Calling all warriors, gladiators, and adventures alike...
Come prove your fortitude and strength to the Red Knight, Tempus, and any god you worship through the trial of combat. Henry Roseblade welcomes any who wish to compete in the Roseblade Tournament of Might. The crowned victor will be rewarded with 100 bags, the runner up will receive 20 bags and the third-place finisher will be gifted 5 bags. The champion will also be given the honor of facing the next tournament's victor for the grand prize. Entry fees are free, with any and all donations and profits being donated to the flaming fist and their efforts. The Roseblade Tournaments are intended to take place every other tenday within the arena in the northern farmlands of Baldur's Gate.
Past Champions:
Doan Mordain - Tournament of Might

Rules
-All fighters must follow the rules and laws of Baldur's Gate, no illegal spells.
-Fight honorably, may Tempus judge those cowardly.
-The use of elixirs, and potions, is prohibited.
-Fights will be limited to half a candle mark, if there is no clear victor by then, Sir Henry Roseblade will be the final Judge.
-Wands and spells may be used before fights.

Roseblade's Tournament of Might will begin at Highsun on the 9th of Flamerule
///Tournament will begin at 5pm PST (12am GMT) on July 10th at the arena in the Northern Farmlands
Last edited by HenryRoseblade on Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Roseblade
AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange »

A couple's spat erupted in the Farmlands this evening as a brightly garbed man and a scantily clad woman disagreed about proper drill calls.

"Your drill makes no sense! We aren't marching up a piking hill, there's no incline!" exclaimed the woman.

"There's no such thing as a half-left! And what is this face nonsense? I'm always facing where I'm facing!" insisted the man.
.:Marietta Thairo:. Former Dreadlord. Hell on heels. Retired with her family somewhere.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

A new notice is pinned on the bulletin boards within the city, the letters drawn by a light touch of the quill:
Good day, good people!

I'm looking for a skilled smith for a larger amount of reforging and reparing work. High artistical skills would be duly appreciated!
Look for the silver haired elf named Eilidale if interested!
?
Alexander Holgart

Unread post by Alexander Holgart »

=The Knight and the Guardian=

The Knight Alexander Holgart and the Guardian Nathan Goldenmane can be seen sparring in the Northern Arena, though their training does not seem ordinary.

The Tormtar doesn't seem at his best shape and it looks more like Goldenmane is helping him recovering from his injuries, supporting him in regaining the ability to fight properly.

Observing and speaking with the two is the High Lady of the Halls, Alyssia Leonheart.

Another peculiar figure observes the sparring, a winged Knight bearing the symbols of Torm.

The two keep fighting to exhaustion and talks about Faith and Duty can be heard between a round of sparring and the other.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Body of a female air genasi was found in a noose down the stream of the Chiontar river.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Yugo

Unread post by Yugo »

Hearing the news the fire genasi can't help but cry and sob as she goes to the elf song tavern drinking, as she feels partly responsible for this turn of event.
Torvald Goodmane

Unread post by Torvald Goodmane »

A pink haired elf with what could be described as a tired smile takes a long moment to tack up their most recent publication. She stands for a long moment reading the parchment as it wavers in the warm breeze.
Letter to the Editor:

Dear Skye,
I often read the Ivory Herald, and I have noticed the lack of interviews. When will we be expecting further interviews, competitions, and perspectives? Do you have any perspective taverns or inns on your agenda?

Best,
Valinth

Thank you for writing Valinth. For the past few months I’ve dedicated long hours of work organizing interviews and small competitions around the sword coast. I couldn’t possibly overstate the joy it has brought me with each publication. Our staff here at the Ivory Herald is small: consisting of one writer-editor, and one very talented illustrator Arthur Webber. This makes publications slower as a considerable amount of work goes into each of our writings. As for upcoming work, I’d like to offer an interview to our readers. It will be a rather unorthodox interview as the writer and subject matter will be one of the same, but I feel you will find it fitting by the end of the narration.

Skye Le’Quella

Writer and Editor of the Ivory Herald

In my time amongst the Sword Coast, I found myself upon an endless sea of stories and legacies. Some as old as the times of the Black Orc War, and some as recent as local misfits building Houses and cultivating the first family they’ve ever known. To say there is no shortage of worthy tales would stand as an understatement. From the lonely beggars to the posh nobles, each and every one of them could fill a novel from what they’ve seen. This is what I’ve come to love about the Sword Coast. This is why I took the assignment to come to the region.

Originally from Evermeet, I spent much of my time in Corymr where I was offered steady pay under a local illustrator. He challenged me back then to assist him in completing small publications for a local collaboration. I never intended to stay as long as I did, as I left the Green Isles in search of art and inspiration. Remaining in one place with a quill and a stack of parchment never fit in the frame of wanderlust, but I digress.

From there I traveled for some time until I was given the opportunity to write for the Ivory Herald. Starting with simple stories of missing dogs or local vandals, I moved on to more complex stories that would ignite my passion and creativity. Perspectives, interviews, and alike; there were few things I loved more than telling the tales of those we might otherwise forget all together. I’ve said many times “I’ve heard the words of a poet, and I commend them on their perfect execution and structure. But I’m fascinated by what you could get when you scribe a poem for a barbarian who couldn’t write or read otherwise.”
My goal here in this small collaboration has always been to describe the many wonders of this region; those big or small. From the people to the buildings and residences they visit; all of it coalescing into a life of indescribable beauty. In truth, I could spend my lifetime scribing without scratching the surface. I know, a short-sighted goal, but I could never resist the temptation of an impossibility.

Usually at this point of an interview I ask “Where can we expect to see you around?” or “Do you have any upcoming plans?” In this case I wish there were a quick dot to end this sentence, but the answer is more lingering. In recent days, I’ve been offered to travel back to Corymr for some time to assist with a few writing projects. I never did imagine I would stay long, but I want to thank those who offered their time in interviews or submissions. My illustrator Arthur Webber for his contribution, dedication, and friendship. To those who shared a fire with me, or told a story. Then of course Director Torvald Goodmane his kindness, guidance, and patience.

Final thoughts:
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I hope that it answered your question. It has been my sincere pleasure to write for you and so many others. Thank you for reading. As for future publications of the Ivory Herald? I leave that for time to tell. This will be my final publication perhaps for some time.

Written by:
Skye Le’Quella

Hidden: show
Letter to the Editor:
Dear Skye,
I often read the Ivory Herald, and I have noticed the lack of interviews. When will we be expecting further interviews, competitions, and perspectives? Do you have any perspective taverns or inns on your agenda?

Best,
Valinth”/center]

Thank you for writing Valinth. For the past few months I’ve dedicated long hours of work organizing interviews and small competitions around the sword coast. I couldn’t possibly overstate the joy it has brought me with each publication. Our staff here at the Ivory Herald is small: consisting of one writer-editor, and one very talented illustrator Arthur Webber. This makes publications slower as a considerable amount of work goes into each of our writings. As for upcoming work, I’d like to offer an interview to our readers. It will be a rather unorthodox interview as the writer and subject matter will be one of the same, but I feel you will find it fitting by the end of the narration.[/parchment]

Skye Le’Quella

Writer and Editor of the Ivory Herald

In my time amongst the Sword Coast, I found myself upon an endless sea of stories and legacies. Some as old as the times of the Black Orc War, and some as recent as local misfits building Houses and cultivating the first family they’ve ever known. To say there is no shortage of worthy tales would stand as an understatement. From the lonely beggars to the posh nobles, each and every one of them could fill a novel from what they’ve seen. This is what I’ve come to love about the Sword Coast. This is why I took the assignment to come to the region.

Originally from Evermeet, I spent much of my time in Corymr where I was offered steady pay under a local illustrator. He challenged me back then to assist him in completing small publications for a local collaboration. I never intended to stay as long as I did, as I left the Green Isles in search of art and inspiration. Remaining in one place with a quill and a stack of parchment never fit in the frame of wanderlust, but I digress.

From there I traveled for some time until I was given the opportunity to write for the Ivory Herald. Starting with simple stories of missing dogs or local vandals, I moved on to more complex stories that would ignite my passion and creativity. Perspectives, interviews, and alike; there were few things I loved more than telling the tales of those we might otherwise forget all together. I’ve said many times “I’ve heard the words of a poet, and I commend them on their perfect execution and structure. But I’m fascinated by what you could get when you scribe a poem for a barbarian who couldn’t write or read otherwise.”
My goal here in this small collaboration has always been to describe the many wonders of this region; those big or small. From the people to the buildings and residences they visit; all of it coalescing into a life of indescribable beauty. In truth, I could spend my lifetime scribing without scratching the surface. I know, a short-sighted goal, but I could never resist the temptation of an impossibility.

Usually at this point of an interview I ask “Where can we expect to see you around?” or “Do you have any upcoming plans?” In this case I wish there were a quick dot to end this sentence, but the answer is more lingering. In recent days, I’ve been offered to travel back to Corymr for some time to assist with a few writing projects. I never did imagine I would stay long, but I want to thank those who offered their time in interviews or submissions. My illustrator Arthur Webber for his contribution, dedication, and friendship. To those who shared a fire with me, or told a story. Then of course Director Torvald Goodmane his kindness, guidance, and patience.

Final thoughts:
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I hope that it answered your question. It has been my sincere pleasure to write for you and so many others. Thank you for reading. As for future publications of the Ivory Herald? I leave that for time to tell. This will be my final publication perhaps for some time.

Written by:
Skye Le’Quella
Nine-Nine

Unread post by Nine-Nine »

During his graveyard patrol duty, a young paladin of Tyr has encountered a force above his power. The cultists were raising undead, and soon there was a horde of them! The squire had to retreat, he was coming back many times, carrying bombs, potions and holy water with him. With the kind support from miss Furuki and miss Colds, he was able to finally face the cultists and undo their evil.

The cultists were arrested and delievered to the City Watch to face their lawful judgement.
Tyler Eastwing — Squire of Holy Justice, paladin of Tyr.
LivT

Unread post by LivT »

yyj wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:32 am
Hidden: show
LivT wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:19 am As the sun sets, the locks on the Temple of Ilmater snap shut. At the request of the clergy, Squire Avery of the Radiant heart waits under lamplight in the street in the following nights. She is quick to help redirect the wounded and ill of the city to the Temple of Tyr, or as far as the Halls of Inner Light.

In the earliest hours, those in the Temple of Tyr may begin to recognise the cleric, as she casts away her coat and bunches up her shirtsleeves to get to work. She has a clear talent for surgery, and in her prayers invokes not the gods of the triad, but instead, whispers of prayers in Draconic.

Avery is not alone in her work; Blake Hightower is a near-constant at her side, guarding the healer against threats and helping carry the ill and wounded through streets to safety.

Avery is rarely called away by the Radiant heart; evidently, their duty to the people of the city is unwavering.
Orianelle would thank them for their help "We appreciate your help here, you are our welcome guests and your help is invaluable" she said, bringing them food and water from inside the temple later to help back. "Thanks for helping keep away evil from this temple".

The green skinned aasimar then remained inside, praying and meditating to Ilmater.

In the coming nights the Cleric of Tamara returns with Blake to keep watch outside the Temple of Ilmater for ill and wounded, or worse, more threats to the temple. They're grateful to accept the support of Ilmater's clergy in the quieter hours of the vigil.
Iolanna: High Druidess of the Green Enclave, Arch of the Crescent Moon, Druid of Greenest, Faithful of Eldath

Elle Avery: Knight of the Radiant Heart, Cleric of Tamara

Ophelia Hawthorne: Whitewood Vanguard

Daigon: Guardsman of the Rocky Creek Trading Company
Heretic

Unread post by Heretic »

At the behest of a dragon (who identified itself as Lyvinicus Drycus) a group of local adventurers was asked to investigate the sight of an orc raid along the riverside of the Chiontar. What they found was a landscape set ablaze and an orc chieftain removing the spoils of their plunder from a cottage with the assistance of its goblin minions. Attempts to extract information from the chieftain went awry resulting in an armed altercation. Unfortunately, the needless use of a Hell Ball from a nameless Frost Mage only served to erase all evidence that could have been gathered from the scene to determine which clan, if any, this orc chieftain belonged to, as well as other useful information.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Angry posters were distributed across the city and its environs:

WANTED

Cyrah Ru'othro

I am so, so, so done with you torturing me like that, enough is enough! Meet me at the Farmlands tomorrow or I will burn down your house! And your collection!

Sincerely not yours,
Zul!
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
HenryRoseblade

Unread post by HenryRoseblade »

Parchments displaying a rose and blade are placed in various places around the gate.
Image Roseblade's Tournament
of Strength

Calling all warriors, gladiators, and adventures alike...
Come prove your fortitude and strength to the Red Knight, Tempus, and any god you worship through the trial of combat. Henry Roseblade welcomes any who wish to compete in the Roseblade Tournament of Strength. The crowned victor will be rewarded with 100 bags, the runner up will receive 20 bags and the third-place finisher will be gifted 5 bags. The champion will also be given the honor of facing the next tournament's victor for the grand prize. Entry fees are free, with any and all donations and profits being donated to the flaming fist and their efforts. The Roseblade Tournaments are intended to take place every other tenday within the arena in the northern farmlands of Baldur's Gate.
Past Champions:
Doan Mordain - Tournament of Might
Meleghost Stamaraster - Second Tournament of Might

Rules
-All fighters must follow the rules and laws of Baldur's Gate, no illegal spells.
-Fight honorably, may Tempus judge those cowardly.
-The use of spells, scrolls, wands, elixirs, and potions, is prohibited.
-Fights will be limited to half a candle mark, if there is no clear victor by then, Sir Henry Roseblade will be the final Judge.

Roseblade's Tournament of Might will begin at Highsun on the 23rd of Flamerule
///Tournament will begin at 5pm PST (12am GMT) on July 24th at the arena in the Northern Farmlands
Henry Roseblade
Ashenie
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ashenie »

Along the Chiontar, white rose petals drift with the river,
Left by a careful hand, they carry whispers and prayers,
Blessed and consecrated before riding the calm water,
They come each dawn, and disappear in the morning glimmers.
Sister Ashenie ~ Caretaker of Ilmater

Charity & Orphanage Status
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

On 17th Flamerule during the morning, the Siren's Song was seen sailing from the Harbor of Baldur's Gate, the mighty galleon moved across the waves and stayed outside of the port for some time, the ship did remain on sight so it could still be seen from the harbor far away into the Sea of Swords.

The Siren's Song returned later that night, docking again on the usual place where it remains now.

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”