DM Rumors of Baldur's Gate

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM All Father

Re: DM Rumors of Baldur's Gate

Unread post by DM All Father »

Recently a portion of the docks has come under the control of The Flaming Fist. Armored soldiers keep a tight watch while the unarmored unload a number of ships that always seem to make port in the evening and depart just after dawn.
"I am the unknown Will,
The Anger that threatens glory and ruin:
Lord of Storms am I,
in heaven high and caverns deep."
DM All Father

A recent event in Farmlands has rumors flying thick.

Some are talking about a Fist Soldier beating a orc. Others about a orc attacking a Flaming Fist cohort. Some paint guilt on the 'orc and others are pointing to The Fist.

One thing was clearly noted by all, that a marched into the city by The Fist.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

A number of Flaming Fist soldiers were seen attacking and then beating a man outside of Ilmater's Sanctuary.

Later they were seen dragging a manacled man wearing the robes of a ilmaterie brother towards the harbor district.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

Flaming Fist Soldiers are observed moving a large number of crates and sacks around the city to various locations.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

Security rises during the hours of twilight and through the night. Both battle casters and veteran soldiers are seen patrolling the fringes of the city, the farmlands and the outer limits of city.

The soldiers often stop to speak with farmers, some even linger near farms after having spoken to the residents.

"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

Security continues to increase in the city, with more Flaming Fist soldiers patrolling the farmlands and extra tower guards clearly being seen during the hours of darkness.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

Banished!!

Hanging at all gates is a magical recreation of two faces, but lacking names for either.

Taka (as seen in his normal attire)
And
Ceirinohr (again normal attire))
Due to threats against the city and it’s people. Any seen aiding these individuals in circumventing this measure will be held accountable.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

Yesterday saw a exciting afternoon. Flaming Fist soldiers rampaged through a corn field while chasing a unknown man. After catching him along side the Eastern Gate the visibility enraged soldiers delivered a severe beating to their captive before dragging his battered badly back into the city.

Not long after returning to the city more soldiers were seen in the streets and a crowd gathered around the entrance to The Flaming Fist Garrison.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

A large teleport flash left a sizable number of Flaming Fist Soldiers laying on the road outside of the eastern gate. Many were wounded, with a few even slumping straight to the ground with critical wounds. Several cried out for healers and some in utter agony, which drew quick results from the city. Several more soldiers appeared following on the heels of several temples clergy.

Adventurers, clergy, and soldiers alike attended to the wounded men, most notably was one soldier who required the aid of many. Several healing spells were used but the man in question was carried in his cloak back into the city.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

The day following the spectacle in the farmlands, a blood splattered and weary First Company returns to the city. Many of the soldiers are walking wounded, two marching with arms missing below the elbow and more then a few being aided by friends. The supply wagon has several cloak shrouded forms in the back, denoting soldiers who perished.
In contrast to their battered appearance, the soldiers hold their chins high and have the air victorious men. They greet the guards and fellow soldiers along the road. The sergeant at their lead carries a large strong box, grasped in his massive hands like a treasured trophy.

The men are greeted in person by the senior officers of The Flaming Fist as they entered the garrison. Grand Duke Eltan speaking privately with the soldiers before they were dismissed to attend their wounded.
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM SummerBreeze
DM

Unread post by DM SummerBreeze »

Rumour spreads that a farmer, and a member of the fist were killed by a red mist, which proceeded to produce a small number of undead. A strange woman with a flute was also seen in the area twice. Though nobody could tell whether they were just a bystander or not.

The undead were quickly dispatched by a mage and a few brave fighters.
Discord Contact: @E1imination
I only do player requests if a player requests me specifically for a request. Otherwise I run my own written stories. <3
DM All Father

Captain Norton has been observed visiting a number of crafters and temples within the city, under the cover of night. The average observer would notice he carries a leather scroll protector during each round of visits.

The curious would learn he visits, the temples of Gond, Mystra, and Tempus. He also makes several visits to Maltz’s well know shop and most anyone would hear the laughter and smell the tobacco smoke from his stops at the mining company.

((Members of Tempus/Gond temples. Send a PM up if interested, Mystra peeps I put a post in your guild forum.))
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

The forges burn hot in the temple of The Wonderbringer. The temple’s many craftsmen and tinkerers are working tirelessly upon a project. Any asking after the secretive project are informed it’s a request of the city.

"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
DM All Father

An announcement made and then posted at The East Gate.
Upon a incident yesterday involving the Red Wizards of Thay and their display of 'statues'. The following law has been drafted and now announced.

-No adventurer will display 'stone statues' created by the use of magic upon the lands of Baldur's Gate.

The recent incident involving said statues is a mark against the adventuring population of this city and has no reflection upon the merit, skill, or judgement of The Red Wizards. The guards required removal of the statues stemmed from the unknown factor of the many blood thirsty and violent elements that lurk in our city and their willingness to cause harm to our people, in the hope of discrediting The Red Wizards. This was proven by the calls for hangings and blood by the crowd of adventurers that gathered and attempted to goad The Flaming Fist into violent action. The Grand Dukes wish to offer public apology for the conduct of the rabble that discredited our city.

Further more any public shouts for violence against The Red Wizards, if witnessed by a member of The Watch or Flaming Fist, will be responded by by swift violence of said guard. The guilty party will be jailed for a period of one day and more if believed necessary. ((IE, if caught by a DM))
[/quote]
[/quote]
"I am the unknown Will,
Lord of Storms am I,
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

A gargantuan Roc attacked the farmlands, killed a cow and then was eventually slain by some adventurers in the eastern farmlands today. The great bird corpse was then later removed by several members of the Flaming Fist and burned in a large pyre away from the farms.

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”