The Song of the Morning Temple RP Thread

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Church of Lathander

The Song of the Morning Temple RP Thread

Unread post by Church of Lathander » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:43 pm

The Song of the Morning
The Song of the Morning is a temple in Beregost that serves as the regional center of Lathander's faith.

This thread is for roleplay focused on or around this temple, its residents, and its guests, including correspondence to and from the Church of Lathander.

DM Asgorath
Retired DM

Re: The Song of the Morning Temple RP Thread

Unread post by DM Asgorath » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:36 am

An Amnian messenger enters the temple of the Song of the Morning and leaves a letter to the staff. The letter bears the seal of Amn.
Now retired. For loose ends and unfinished events, send a pm to this account!

Church of Lathander

Unread post by Church of Lathander » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:54 pm

A letter is delivered to the Town Hall in Beregost by a priest of the Morninglord.

Planehopper
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:17 pm

A small leather sack and accompanying scrolled letter has been left with the attending priest within the Song of Morning, to be delivered to Lieutenant-Commander Eldarian Al'maire. He is to instruct the recipient to read the scroll before handling the contents of the sack.

The letter is penned in neat, flowing script and reads as follows:

Brother Eldarian,

I have faith that this communication finds you well and bathed in the light or our Morninglord. It is with both relief and concern that I write, to detail a recent foray into the tombs nearby to Gullykin, the neighboring village of Hin to our East nigh in the shadows of Durlag's Tower.

I had heard rumors of the catacombs existence since my arrival to Beregost. Filled with undying abominations and tainted with an almost tangible sense of evil, they were said to be the remnants of an old Elven settlement, perhaps linked with old ruined Ulcaster, or a heretofore unmentioned ruin with a history lost to time. One thing was certain no matter who I had asked, they were evil, and home to great undead.

Determined to remove this threat, I sang songs of their legends in the town square, and attempted to find willing men in the Risen Phoenix. None stepped forward. Finally a newly-made friend, the warrior Jarresh Stillwater and another who seemed to be his commander, a Lord Valkrun, both of the company of The Silver Shields, were passing through town and immediately agreed to aid me in my task. I should note here that I am very heartened by their honor and bravery, and their skill with blade and shield is a sight to witness. Lord Valkrun continues to seek an audience with Vicar Thomas, and it is my opinion that granting that audience would benefit us all.

We made preparations and set off at once, making camp near the cliff side and entering at first Dawn. Immediately assaulted by the stench of death and decay, I knew the rumors of this hole would prove true.

The three of us battled through rising skeletons, putrid zombies of rotting flesh, and various forms of walking death. Sacrifical altars, fresh corpses, and actively guarded caches of weapons and treasures were signs that this place was the sight of recent, active, evil. Lathander’s blessings upon my mace and in my heart, we put to final rest a handful-score of undead but yet more rose in their place. Calling upon our Lord’s great light I was able to lay to waste one Lich, and the steel of my comrades made short work of another. As we moved deeper into this pit of evil the undying became increasingly agitated and aggressive, until we reached a great room, a tomb holding a giant-sized sarcophagus and an oppressive evil aura.

It is there that I collected the items I have provided to you for study and safekeeping. Feeling an evil resonating from within the sarcophagus the two men of arms lifted the lid and what came forth was such as I had never seen. Casting magicks most foul, the giant undead creature that came forth rattled me to my core. Through the grace of Lathander and the protecting of the Silver Shields I was able to survive and we destroyed the physical form of this abomination, but I fear that it is not gone forever, as the evil still sat heavily in the chamber.

Inside the sack you will find a fragment of bone as well as a scrap of the clothing it wore, pieces I took in hopes that divinations could be cast and their origin determined. Perhaps you, as the leader of our Templars, could organize a future foray into these tombs to attempt to find the source of this evil, and destroy it for good.

In Hope and Light,
Brennan Aldunn, Voice of the House of Morning

(///is the priest in the chapel area supposed to be the high priest, Kelddath Ormlyr? If not, can we come up with a name for him other than priest so we can RP around it//)
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Zahven Thruel - Mysterious Mage
Wizzelbert Cranksproket - Lantanese Gnome

Church of Lathander

Unread post by Church of Lathander » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:52 pm

A letter is delivered to the Town Hall in Beregost by a priest of the Morninglord.

Church of Lathander

Unread post by Church of Lathander » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:56 pm

The Song of the Morning's priests and templars gathered today for their first meeting of the new year. The meeting was well-attended, and introductions and news were exchanged among the faithful.

The meeting went on far longer than was intended, and most of the attendants left looking a bit tired. But it was decidedly productive all the same.

Miasmata
Area Designer

Unread post by Miasmata » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Whispers start to wade through the Song of the Morning that Lieutenant-Commander Eldarian Al'maire hasn't been reporting to the temple at his usual times. This raises a few worried eyebrows and some even go so far to note that this is extremely out of character for the paladin.
Last edited by Miasmata on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auric Blackmore: There are no facts, only interpretations. Retired.
Lord Eldarian Al'maire: Darkness retreats, a coward before the sun.

Hidennka

Unread post by Hidennka » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Four more bodies were brought to the temple by the familiar blonde paladin and have been reported to bear white hand prints and blunt trauma. The difference this time being the bodies belonged to that of goblins and were found along the Trade Way North of Beregost. The bodies were brought to the Song of the Morning temple in Beregost for further inspection as were those previously found. Whispers once again speak intensely of the Orcish deity Yurtrus.

It is said a letter is being scribed and soon to be delivered to Captain Antonio of the Guard who was previously unconcerned, though may wish to hear of it now that the threat is on Beregost's doorstep.

Since delivering and tending to the bodies, the blonde paladin has been seen to have come and gone numerous times looking rather concerned and seeking for the Lieutenant-Commander to no avail.
[x] Lady Cecilia Lafayette: Harbinger of Hope, returned to Cormyr. Ex-Main 1350-1353DR. Retired.
[○] Mara Stormwind - Former Hellstorm Quartermaster; Captaining 'The Spirited Storm'. Alt. Retired.
[x] Leyla El'uvian- Feral elf, abandoned society for a loving den in the woods. Alt. Retired.

Church of Lathander

Unread post by Church of Lathander » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Preparing for the Sun
The Song of the Morning temple has been busy lately, with several of the clergy there preparing for some sort of ritual. The Church and its allies have been collecting diamonds and other expensive material components for said ritual.

If any of the priests or templars are asked about what is going on, they would admit that they are preparing to attempt to resurrect a fallen comrade. None seem certain as to whether the ritual will actually be successful.

Hidennka

Unread post by Hidennka » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:44 pm

The blonde haired paladin of Tyr and frequent guest of the temple is seen to have donned greyish-black and gold armor, said to be worn in Eldarian's honor.
[x] Lady Cecilia Lafayette: Harbinger of Hope, returned to Cormyr. Ex-Main 1350-1353DR. Retired.
[○] Mara Stormwind - Former Hellstorm Quartermaster; Captaining 'The Spirited Storm'. Alt. Retired.
[x] Leyla El'uvian- Feral elf, abandoned society for a loving den in the woods. Alt. Retired.

mireigi

Unread post by mireigi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

The Travelling Sun
The Second Day of Alturiak, 1350
The Dawnpriest and Morninglord known as Tolan have been seen only a few times at the temple in the past days. Upon one of his returns, he left the temple only a short while after, carrying with him a bundle of books and other belongings.
The Third Day of Alturiak, 1350
Seen entering the temple at early morning hours, Tolan left only minutes after. Those who saw him say that he was carrying a light pack fit for travel. To the few who asked him where he was headed, he simply smiled and replied "Travelling with Dawns Blessings."

Rumours have begun to spread that he have left the temple while others seem to believe that he is bringing the teachings of Lathander to those who cannot make it to the temple on their own. Whatever the truth behind it, most agree that they will not see the familiar figure again for some time.
Fhaeo'Lingi Mriht'Ess - Akh'Aegis of EDE
Tolan Faeglin - Morninglord of Lathander
Phar Anlith - Mercenary, Tracker, Information Broker
Adoros Battleheart - Ungraceful battlerager
Cain Gellantara - Knight Champion of Tempus
Davvry - Sneaks

kleomenes
Recognized Donor

Unread post by kleomenes » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:58 pm

*a letter is delivered, bearing the seal of the Radiant Heart*

///PM'ed "Church of Lathander" account!
Characters:
Mel Darenda, Board Member of the Golden Wheel - Amnian Coin
Daug'aonar, Bregan D'aerthe Master of Hounds - Loyal
Dural Narkisi, Knight of the Ruby Rose - Inspired
Cynric, Chief of the Greyfox - Seeking the Salt Shaman
Ameris Santraeger, Cleric of Ilmater, Harper, & Peacock - New Father!

Hidennka

Unread post by Hidennka » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:17 pm

The blond paladin of Tyr known to frequent the Song of the Morning temple was last seen entering the manor in Beregost this morning. Rumors are whispered through the streets by the local gossip, Marion, that her exit of the building was never witnessed and that broken glass and signs of a stuggle were evident in foyer.

None have seen or heard from her since.

dak12attack

Unread post by dak12attack » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:43 pm

She hustled into the Song of the Morning temple, trying to escape the downpour of rain. Upon entering, the Selunite lowered her light blue hood, beaming a wide smile. She took a step back to admire the interior, before being questioned by one of the priests. She approached, with a wide, bright smile.

"Good evening, sir." She politely dipped her head in greeting. "I am here on behalf of the Temple of Moon, in Waterdeep. I have been sent to aid our allies in the South, and have made haste. I have heard of terrible things that have come to this part of the Coast."

Even though she seemed saddened, the woman continued to smile. "Should you require aid, I am willing to dedicate my time in doing so." The Silverstar procured a pre-counted bag of gold and happily handed it over. "I do hope that will help, and I thank you for your time." She politely dipped her head, and promptly left the temple, for the time being.
Marcellus, street-monk.

mireigi

Unread post by mireigi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:18 pm

A letter arrives at the Song of the Morning Temple.
  • Greetings,

I have been absent from the temple for a long time and I now feel it is in my best interest, as well as that of the temple, that I return to you all. I still have a few things to finish here in the north, but I will make my way south within five days.

I look forward to seeing and working with you all again.

Signed,
    Tolan Faeglin
    Morninglord of Lathander
    Dawnpriest of the Song of the Morning Temple, Beregost
Fhaeo'Lingi Mriht'Ess - Akh'Aegis of EDE
Tolan Faeglin - Morninglord of Lathander
Phar Anlith - Mercenary, Tracker, Information Broker
Adoros Battleheart - Ungraceful battlerager
Cain Gellantara - Knight Champion of Tempus
Davvry - Sneaks