Rumors & RP of Darkhold

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Necromantis

Re: Rumors & RP of Darkhold

Unread post by Necromantis »

Something stirred in the Sunset mountains. The night somehow seemed more bleak, the howling winds more cold, and the fires lit within the walls of Darkhold seemed more dim, despite the efforts to keep them alive and roaring. Enduring the cold and dark courtyard of Darkhold, stood several armored figures at the ready, before a pale woman clad in robes of black and grey. Her commanding, chillingly shrill voice echoed through the courtyard:

"Lord Selengil Harkonis has departed to Zhentil Keep for an indefinite amount of time. In his stead, I, Morgalia Verenach, have been named Dreadlord, Lady Castellan of Darkhold and Trade Liaison to Baldur's Gate. You..." she said, stepping forward to the first man in line, "You will make sure all within the walls know this, and make no mistake. Furthermore..." she stepped onto the next person, "You will inform our troops out in the field, around Corm Orp and it's environs. Take a handful of men and what supplies you need for the journey." She then turned her attention to the final three men that were trying not to shiver in the cold. "You three, are tasked with two tendays of leave. Spread subtle word of the change in leadership so that the world may begin to know, and when all of you return, you have a promotion waiting for you. Let it be known that all whom serve the Zhentarim, whom serve Bane, and whom serve them through -me-, with duty and talent shall not go without reward. As I have risen, so too can all rise and earn their power whom serve the Black Hand. Go, now, and rise."

The five figures went their seperate ways after a dutiful salute, and Morgalia stayed for a brief moment to overlook the courtyard with her lightly clouded eyes, thoughtfully. Her gaze full of eerie anticipation, as a small smirk dared to creep across her face.

(( OOC: I have also taken charge of the TheZhentarim account, and responses of such should be more timely. If there is any unfinished business, feel free to send a message. ))
Yeah no, this place isn't worth it. I gave it one last shot, thanks to Wolfshear, but the Team Good bias is too strong. Enjoy the plot armor, the always winning, and roleplaying in a predictable world where char. development is nonexistant.

Enjoy playing basically Stardew Valley in NWN2, I guess.
The Whistler

Unread post by The Whistler »

A black knight with no heraldry on display arrived astride a cinnamon colored mare earlier this day, asking after the newly appointed regent. Although he refused to share any details about himself or remove his full face helmet, the knowledgeable would place the harsh undertones of his gravelly voice somewhere in eastern Faerûn.
Schrödinger's Cyricism: NPCs simultaneously know everything and nothing about Cyric until observed by the Cyricist. Then they default to the state that disadvantages the Cyricist the most.
Memories

Unread post by Memories »

*a courier would drop off a letter*
Last edited by Memories on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necromantis

Memories wrote:*a courier would drop off the following letter*
Hidden: show
*Valen sends a message to the Zhentarium, dropping it off with one of the gate guards*

Hello who ever is in charge up there,
I would like to speak to you about Beregost, and the potential for profit to be had there. As I am sure you already know, Beregost is in the process of getting its independence. However, this independence is likely to be very bad for its Amnian residents. It also holds a clause prohibiting the Zhentarium from entering the city.

I was hoping you would consider an arrangement that would benefit both the citizens of Beregost and the Zhentarium. I believe it might be possible to convince Bailif Axehand, the lawful authority of Northern Amn, to consider an alternate deal with the Zhentarium, if he can be shown a profit for himself and Amn.

I would like to meet with you to discuss this, post haste.

*signed*
Valen Rocksnow
Northern Lights Inn - Nashkel
Somewhere, echoing throughout the eerie, shadow-choked corridors of Darkhold, the sound of a chuckle and crumpling paper is heard.
Yeah no, this place isn't worth it. I gave it one last shot, thanks to Wolfshear, but the Team Good bias is too strong. Enjoy the plot armor, the always winning, and roleplaying in a predictable world where char. development is nonexistant.

Necromantis

Over the past few days, there have been small, barely noticeable shifts among Zhentarim activity near the Sunset Mountains. An abnormal amount of couriers on horseback have been coming and going, seemingly to and from various locations. There's a disquiet within the lands, that much is certain. Whether something comes of it, is anyone's guess...

TheZhentarim
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheZhentarim »

(some music:)
Hidden: show
Snow relentlessly fell upon the old, darkened stones, in stark constast to the looming fortress beyond. Within the icy courtyard of Darkhold, an assembly of soldiers begun to form. Rumor had spread of a coming execution, that had prompted several closeby travellers to bear witness. Zhentarim Elite, as well as many Stormwatch and even the Pereghost stood by as Imperceptor Vyshasa himself made an announcement, as four prisoners were lead into vision, visibly shivering out in the cold:

"Soldiers of Darkhold! Loyal agents of the Zhentarim! It has been several years since Lord Chembryl stood on these stones and elevated me to Tyrant of the West, and Selengil Harkonis was made Lord Castellan! Since then, we have gone from strength to strength! A treaty with Baldur's Gate, free flowing trade, and even greater reach! Perhaps some of you thought your work was done... perhaps some of you have thought that the Order we have brought here, the power we have exercised, would be nothing but diplomacy and trade. Perhaps some of you have thought that your masters had gone soft, as if those whom serve Bane would ever do so!

The Imperceptor moved upon the prisoners, whom cringed, clearly being familiar with the man.

"Perhaps this is what these men thought, when they betrayed us. They conspired with the Arch Traitor, Manshoon. They aided him and gave him succour, as he plotted against us, spread rumors against us. Manshoon's plotting in Dragonspear has brought war to our gates, and it is his plan to see us blamed for his deeds! These men..." he said, pointing at the captives, "They sought to raise themselves above you. Above the Lord Castellan and High Marshall. Above me. Above Lord Chembryl. Above Bane! Power comes from service to Bane. Lord Chembryl is his voice here, on Faerûn. Those who deny this are traitors! Those who work with Manshoon are traitors!"

The visiting crowd looked on with mixed reactions, some pondering the consequences, and others could not be bothered to care. The Imperceptor glanced across the busy courtyard, eyeing all that were present, as he continued:

"Let the fate of these men remind you of the fate that awaits treachery. Let the strength you hold in yourselves remind you of the reward of service."

The Imperceptor then nodded to the new Dreadlord, Morgalia Verenach, stepping briefly aside for her to speak. She stepped forward, slowly glancing over the gathered soldiers.

"Do you know how the name 'Bane' came to be? Once, eons ago... the Gods fought the primorials off of this world, to claim it for mortals. Mortals! And were it not for the guidance of Bane, they would have failed. Now... our very founder... conspires with devils! Infernal horrors! Your loyalty will be challenged! Your courage will be challenged! But you -will- show them. All of them... that this world belongs to Men! And Dwarves! And Elves! And that those whom conspire to conquer by means of planar creatures will ALWAYS fail. As Manshoon too. Will. Fail. You will see it done!"

"Serve none but Bane!" , rallied the Pereghost, and the men began to take up the cry: "Serve none but Bane! Serve none but Bane!". "Bring forward the first!" , shouted the Imperceptor.

The first, shivering and sobbing captive was shoved forward and forced on his knees. The Imperceptor looked back to a hulking Thayan figure that stepped forward to the shuffle of interlocking platemail and rustling kingsmail. A cruelly taloned gauntlet seized the unholy longsword on his belt, and drew it forward, the steel sighing with negative energy. The prisoner looked upon the blade with horror, crying: "Mercy, please!". The Dreadlord, clad in elaborately patterned grey hide leather, shouted a response: "Coward! Face your death with some dignity!" The iron grip tightened on the sword's hilt, the steel of Bueroza's blade arousing with vampiric energy as he lay it against the side of the man's bare neck. He took the sword in both hands, and wound it back, chin lifting proudly as he released a herculean blow, sending the man's head toppling away. "No wai-" "The man's panicked words cut short as the head was severed, rolling briefly across the ground, and painting the snow with a crimson red. "Bring the next!" , cried the Imperceptor. The next man was dragged forward, and forced to his knees. He was not sobbing, but seemed silently defiant...

//Big thanks to DM Golem, and everyone that was present!
DM Golem

Unread post by DM Golem »

Vyshasa's Seal
The garrison of Darkhold is on particular alert as Imperceptor Vyshasa, the Tyrant of the West, remains in temporary residence.

Those presenting themselves at Darkhold are told that he will consider applications for audience.
TheZhentarim
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheZhentarim »

To any that visit the Northern lands of Corm Orp and the Sunset Mountains on a regular basis, things have stirred to life more than usual within the region. There is a rise of people on the road, mainly traders looking to peddle their wares, and sizeable groups of Zhentarim soldiers and mercenaries making their way in the same, Southwesternly direction. Looming fog rolls down the mountain slopes, into the woodland hills below, almost as if following whatever presence has been sent underway. Darkhold's gaze is clearly fixed upon something, and woe to what-, or whomever stands in it's way...

(((Approved by DM Golem))
ScreechOwl

Unread post by ScreechOwl »

A lone drow has made her way to Dark Hold bearing a parchment which she shows to several of the gate guards demanding to meet those named on the parchment.

After receiving the many scoffs from the guards(NPCs) she demands to see someone in charge of the keep. Her posture is proud and some might recognize an insignia she wears in a not so prominent place beneath a wind blown cloak. The insignia which was worn by many drow who long ago visited Dark Hold is of the house of Dev'lin.

Losing her patience and her control of her anger she decides to leave before she kills the next scoffer, but tells them that she, Tedia, will return to meet whomever and that if upon her return she finds this message was not relayed, chaos shall befall their keep from the very bowels of the ground beneath them.

Within but a few feet after leaving their gate, she disappears beneath the shadows of the night.

//// Hey! Tedia here! visited Dark Hold ICly and walked around a bit and yes ... even talked to the guards (NPCs) lol I did find a parchment in Sshamath advertising trade inside Dark Hold. Found out OOCly that it was put there to cause trouble, but figured this might lead to some nice RP sooooo went with it! Would like to meet ICly with someone, but not sure who to look for so -please- if you see me IG send me a PM and i'll come running :) PM also sent.
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

A man dressed in grey robes and matching the description of Kazimir Resnik travels to Darkhold and delivers a note to one of the guards there. He then looks around, muttering something under his breath about the place looking miserable, before he hops back on the wagon.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
SharpGn2
Recognized Donor

Unread post by SharpGn2 »

At the edge of the clearing before Darkhold, in the afternoon light, A simple horn blasts a long tune, to make aware the presence of a half-dozen figures, clad in light blue tunics and plated armors, armed with blades and polearms. Four men and a woman are led by an uneasy Watcher – all are Avowed of Candlekeep.

They have arrived to deliver a missive to the Dreadlord and do not approach, awaiting men of the hold to meet them. Those who approach note they are not alone. A pair of Avowed Readers watch the exchange from a short distance. All depart without ceremony as soon as the parcel of missives are delivered.
Mara Irisko - A Loudmouth and Vulgar Woman
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

Deep inside the keep of Darkhold, a dark rite takes place.

Blood freely given, offered as a symbol of tyranny over your fellows.

Bob knelt before the altar and the dark priest of Bane, three vials held in his armored hand. He offered them to the dark priest by his side, proclaiming the allegiance of its donor.

''Blood of the Myrkulite''

The blood within is strange, with dark specks

''Blood of the Bhaalist''

The blood within is a dark shade of red

''Blood of the Banite''

The blood within is almost fiery shade of red

The vials now rest on the altar, the kneeling Novitiate enter in frantic prayers.

''Lord Bane hear me! With this blood I offer, a symbol of loyalty from those I command! I ask that you bless my rise in knighthood and smite those fools who would dare oppose your will!''

Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
Necromantis

To all Zhentarim forces, let it be known:

The law of forbidden trespass of Avowed of Candlekeep upon Zhentarim Lands near the Western Sword Coast has been lifted. They are once again to be allowed safe passage and visitation, so long as local rules and regulations are abided by.

Lady Morgalia Verenach,
Dreadlord and Lady Castellan of Darkhold,
Zhentarim Trade Liaison to Baldur's Gate.

Rain

Unread post by Rain »

A small hin women with snow white hair dressed formally in black attire makes her way to the gates of Darkhold atop a small pure black donkey-mane. A few crest and declarations may be able to be made out if viewed upon the upper right of the part of the black vest of the women.

The first a clear symbol of Ubtao hanging along a golden necklace upon her neck.

A Zentarium crest is pinned upon her black vest above an iron token of from sort that would be indistinguishable to those without much knowledge of chultan society.

The small hin makes her way up to one of the guards upon the gates, handing them a parchment with a Zentarium seal stamped onto the folds.

"Good evening, I am Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya, Lieutenant of the Zentarium Garrison 74th battalion of Nyanzaru Port City of Chult. Ive come asking to speak to a representative of this Hold to offer my services if needed."

"Please advise your uppers that there is no need to rush onto my request, I realize we are very busy people in these times."

The hin leaves them the parchement, turns and makes her way to her ebony donkey soon mounting it.

"I shall be awaiting an audience with a representative within a ten-day."

"Mahala sharah"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cerebella Dreambreaker - Insectomancer

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa - Plague Doctor

Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya - The All-Seeing Eye

"The Ruined Queen" - Leader of The All-Seeing Eyes.

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."
Necromantis

Miss Batibat Kok-lir Kasdeya is kindly informed that our organisation is unaware of the existance of any 'Zentarium' or the relevance thereof, but the current Dreadlord of the regional Zhentarim will try to make time for your request, and hopefully educate you on any further errors.

(( Sending a PM ))

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”