The Church of Mystra RP

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

The Church of Mystra RP

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

Church of Mystra
Dogma
Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips its actual performance. Magic is Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged in the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.
// Will update more extensively. Thought we needed a thread for Mystra's church as well.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Obahzk Elf-Skinner, Blackguard of Gruumsh and orcish war drummer

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

Re: The Church of Mystra RP

Laitae spends many, many hours praying in quiet by herself with tears almost constantly slowly rolling down her face. If the priestess Neela approaches her to ask what the matter is, Laitae explains she is praying for her friends and for guidance.
Nëa the Little Shadow

Free music:
TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

A lone figure can be seen more and more within the Church of Mystra lately. Sometimes he is seen just sitting quietly and praying, sometimes he donates gold to the Church's coffers and others he curiously helps to tidy up a bit when High Priestess Neela is busy. He doesn't speak much to other church goers and just smiles when greeted.
"Are you Thor? God of Hammers?"
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

Laitae enters the temple of Mystra, having been away from it for a very long time. She smiles to the priestess Neela and gives her a sisterly hug before sitting down in front of the altar, praying for several hours.
Nëa the Little Shadow

Free music:
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

After being away for a number of years, Aeili's first port of call after arriving in the docks of Baldur's Gate is to visit the Istari tower. A horrified look spreads across her face as she beholds what once used to house the Weavemasters' Headquarters now become a Thayan enclave. She pulls up her hood quickly as she rushes off towards the temple of Mystra where she finds solace with her fellow Servant of Mystery, Neela.

The tears flow freely down her delicate features as Aeili breaks down in uncontrollable sobbing. Everything she knew and loved is now gone. Aeili inquired in vain as to the whereabouts of her friends of times past. Elias Goodmane had suddenly vanished many seasons ago. Foggy McGee had left the region of his own will. Bernard had also gone missing. And her dearest friend, Karen the wandering lyrist, had remained in the city for some time before she too disappeared.

Aeili fell to her knees before the altar, blurting out prayers and supplications before Mystra. Her lips sipped at the saltiness of the tears which were streaming down her face until she felt that warm calm which indicated the presence of Mystra. It was a feeling she knew well, one she had experienced from a very early age, although she only knew it to be Mystra when she began her arcane training under her father's tutelage. Aeili opened her eyes to peer at her hands. They shone with that dull blue-white luminescence, the weaveglow, she had received as a boon upon her initiation and first Starflight ceremony. She calmed, and thanked Mystra for her guidance and blessings. Surely, there was a reason she was needed by her goddess in Baldur's Gate once more.
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

Laitae who have yet again spent hours sitting on a bench in prayer, watches her fellow Sun Elf enter the Temple. She stands up and walks slowly over as the other elf starts crying, but remains quiet as the priestess Neela takes care of her. After the other elf calms, Laitae offers her a polite smile and elven greeting.

"Welcome to the temple of Most Holy Mystra, kin. I am Reader Laitae Lafreth of Candlekeep," she presents herself in elven, her dialect clearly from Evermeet.
Nëa the Little Shadow

Free music:
TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Maintaining his distance from both women, the man keeps his eyes on the altar in prayer. Only the most observant of patrons would notice his attention perked at the mention of the name spoken by the Tel'Quessir female.
Last edited by TheKai on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsidkenu

Deathgrowl wrote:After the other elf calms, Laitae offers her a polite smile and elven greeting.

"Welcome to the temple of Most Holy Mystra, kin. I am Reader Laitae Lafreth of Candlekeep," she presents herself in elven, her dialect clearly from Evermeet.
Aeili turned her head around at the sound of the Elvish language being spoken.
"Oh! How terrible for us to have our first meeting in such a circumstance," she remarked, wiping some tears away with her sleeve. She sniffed once or twice before continuing. "My name is Aeili Azenci, Servant of the Lady of Mystery. I... I have not been in these parts for a few years as I was away on assignment in Waterdeep," she said with a pause, emitting a faint sigh. "Many things have changed since the last time I was here." Aeili smiled weakly at her fellow sun-elf. "It is so heartwarming to see another sun-elf in this blessed temple though," she exclaimed. She rose to her feet to face Laitae more fully, fixing back a straying strand of her long, golden hair. "I assume you regularly come here?"
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

"The circumstances are rarely better in these parts. I'd say the fact that we met here and now is probably due to our Lady's guidance. And that is a blessing, yes?" Laitae says and smiles. She moves over to one of the benches and invites Aeili to sit as well. "I come here quite often, yes. I am no priestess, but I am born into Mystra's service. My life and fate is hers. And here is where I feel her the most."
Nëa the Little Shadow

Free music:
Tsidkenu

Aeili sat next to Laitae, reminiscing for a while about her past venture to Baldur's Gate. She tilted her head slightly and blinked numerous times as she crafted her reply.

"You know, I had thought I were the only one of our kinsfolk who found more pleasure in the Mother of All Magic than in the blessed Seldarine. You could say I was also born into what I am now: my father is a powerful enchanter and my mother a priestess of Angharradh. So you can obviously understand how they both felt about me defying "The Retreat" and returning to Faerun," she explained with a somewhat sullen sigh.

"I have had to adjust much to these lands, in my thinking and in my attitudes. The haughtiness for my ancestry my father and mother instilled in me find no place anymore. Magic crosses all the bounds of time, race and culture. I feel I must respect that the best I am able."

Aeili turned her head at the sound of another praying in the temple, another elf no less. She turned back to Laitae and asked, "Do you know him also?"
TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Feeling the gazes of the two Tel'Quessir women, the praying man slowly turns to eye them both, and nods slowly. He sits back again, holds his hands together and continues praying.
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

Turning to look at the other man in the temple as Aeili, Laitae offers a smile as a reply to the nod. She then turns back to Aeili, continuing to speak in elven. "No. I'm not familiar with him. Another recent arrival I guess. It warms my heart to see our church experiencing more activity," she says to her fellow sun elf, smiling.
Nëa the Little Shadow

Free music:
TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai »

Kaienrai and the well known Laitae could be seen speaking in front of the Shrine to the Lady in Candlekeep. They speak for some time, though passerby could not discern what the actual conversation was. But if they happened by the pair more than once, they would see the male elf offering reverence and respect to the Shrine of the Lady of Mysteries.
Tsidkenu

Aeili announces to those she sees in the church about the upcoming Magefire Ceremony and hopes they will be in attendance.

----------------

Meanwhile, Aeili has written to her friend, priest Ilbrost Mythyl, of the Hall of Wonders in Waterdeep to see whether he will attend the Ceremony.
Hidden: show
To my friend Ilbrost,

Greetings and blessings of our Lady of Mysteries to you. It has been some time since my last correspondence, I know, but I hope you truely understand the reason for my transfer here, although the city is not at all as I remember it. It seems some of my old friends left here because the Dukes permitted the establishment of a Red Magic Enclave in the place of the old Istari tower. So it seems I will not escape the politics of this whole episode at all by being here.

Regardless, I would like to request your assistance for an upcoming Magefire Ceremony for one of the members of the church here. She has some lingering ailments after an expedition to the Underdark which I hope this ceremony will help to cure. As there is only High Priestess Neela here, I would request your additional support in the Ceremony. If you are occupied with your research or other stately matters then sister Neela and I will make do. I suppose Magister Meleghost could come if he wished, but I'd rather if he didn't, and that you don't mention this to him. You already know my thoughts on such matters.

The Ceremony will be held in just over a tenday and I would hope to hear from you before then.

Faithfully a servant of our Lady,
Aeili Azenci.
Ariella
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ariella »

Lisanna Scarlet has been seen visiting the temple often she seems to keep mostly to her self, observes the temple and can be seen reading through some of the religious texts, those with a keen eye can see the holy symbol of both Azuth and Mystra around her neck however so it is not hard to determine the archmages reason for visiting.

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”