House Darius RP

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Winterborne

Re: House Darius RP

Unread post by Winterborne »

A few tendays after the doors were closed, after the terrible incident in the Estate, the House Steward could be seen organizing and overseeing a large number of laborers.

Carts of ruined, shattered stone, scorched wood, and ruined cloth and furniture are removed from the Estate, the interior fully being gutted to remove the damage. Soon after numerous wagons could be seen arriving outside with large numbers of building supplies. Dockhands from the warehouse in the harbor, ship's crews, fishermen, and other employees of the large operation arrive for what seems to be an all hands on deck effort.

Dwarves arrive with stonecutting tools, brought by a stout armored one of their kin from House Vale, and the crews begin getting to work at what is likely to be reconstruction.

As the collaboration begins, carts of fish and other foodstuffs are brought and dispersed to the locals once again, in an effort to stem the rumored shortages.

The Fist are of course called, their presence requested to prevent any violent dissent brought about by rumors and stress of circumstances.

Over one of the defaced, vandalized signs, the blonde Steward matter-of-factly nails a thick, heavy sign, brand new and painted by hand. He nods in approval afterwards.
The Lewd Lyre

Grand reopening masquerade to be held soon.

Always hiring.

Inquire with Steward Nathan Goldenmane or Chamberlain Oth Neren.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

A woman wearing a full plate armor and a white and red tabard with the crest of a Red Rose is seen at night with an incense holder and a banner of Ilmater, walking around the ruins reciting prayers for at least an hour. The prayers spoken quietly of : Enduring in the face of Adversity, Commend yourself to Ilmater and the Strength that Life's Challenges Give us.
Kneeling near the pillars and leaving a clay pot that holds a few red roses near the bench outside near where the entrance would be.

This activity is repeated every few days after.
Ashenie
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ashenie »

Hidden: show
yyj wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:15 pm A woman wearing a full plate armor and a white and red tabard with the crest of a Red Rose is seen at night with an incense holder and a banner of Ilmater, walking around the ruins reciting prayers for at least an hour. The prayers spoken quietly of : Enduring in the face of Adversity, Commend yourself to Ilmater and the Strength that Life's Challenges Give us.
Kneeling near the pillars and leaving a clay pot that holds a few red roses near the bench outside near where the entrance would be.

This activity is repeated every few days after.
In old rags, a woman stands in the shadows of the armored Knight. Hands gathered around a cracked, old locket, she joins the prayer in silence. The pot of red roses tended every day since then, she seems to take a great care in seconding the Knight's endeavors.

The devotions, renewed each day, remain hushed, performed in the shadows of the ruins of the estate. Candles are lit in the Temple of the Broken God.
Sister Ashenie ~ Caretaker of Ilmater

Charity & Orphanage Status
Anrilor
Retired Staff

Unread post by Anrilor »

The High Lady stands vigil for a moment infront of the Lyre as it is underconstruction. her head bowed as she says a simple prayer, and lights a magical light near the door. "May this light be lit, until the Light of the Lyre returns to the place she belongs." More hushed and quieted prayers upon her lips, not given voice are given to Firehair, before moving on with the rest of her day. She will return every chance she gets to reignite the beacon.

Amora Lininlith: A shadow in the Dark, to protect the light. retired from the coast
Alyssia Leonheart: Heartwarder, High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light Retired from the Coast
Katli Lovric: Selunite Warrior Priestess
Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

A note is left in the Lewd Lyre addressed to Oth, Carah, and the Proprietor.

athornforyourheart
Lead Media

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Nyssis

Unread post by Nyssis »

A trio of chrysanthemum flowers --- each a differing hue of white and pink and periwinkle, with coarsely-shaved stems entwined in wax paper --- is left to adorn the flat of the estate's bar by an unsmiling patron sometime during harbright. Hardly near-to-perfect, hardly inhuman, one has already begun to wilt and turn fallow by time of delivery.

Tucked into the apparent gift is an unsigned, indistinct testimony of lasting affection, its corners bent from suffering the author's indecision. It reads simply and only thus: "For the benefit of knowing your certainty: constancy in an ill-luminated wold."
Once-strong and proud strangeling, now broken upon realization's back!
-----------------------------------[Biography] [History] [Imagination]
Anrilor
Retired Staff

Unread post by Anrilor »

The High Lady enters into the Lyre, a small basket in hand, she keeps her head low, barely meeting the eyes of the guards or patrons. She leaves the basket, with Joy, a simple note attached, "To Oth" The basket contains a jar of lavender oil, and a large pouch of crushed dried daisies, roses, lavender, and poppy. If asked Joy would admit whom left it for Oth.
Amora Lininlith: A shadow in the Dark, to protect the light. retired from the coast
Alyssia Leonheart: Heartwarder, High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light Retired from the Coast
Katli Lovric: Selunite Warrior Priestess
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

A messenger bird lands at the window sill of the Guardian, carrying a neatly folded letter attached to it's talon.
(( PM sent ))
?
VDub

Unread post by VDub »

Dartryn enters the Lewd Lyre in search of Oth. When he isn't readily seen he leaves a message with Joy...

"Could you please let Oth know that Dartryn Mallocant stopped in? It's nothing important or dire..." He would offer the barmaid a kind and genuine smile before continuing, "Just a friendly visit to speak on Magic and such things. Thank you."

He would then bow slightly before turning to leave the establishment.
Solomon, Luckbringer of Tymora ~ A copper to the Lady, returns tenfold in gold!!
Dartryn Mallocant, Evoker Mage ~ "Do you have time to talk about magic?"
Traegan Daershun, Archer of the Whitewood Vanguard ~ "Of course we'll help...for a price."
kersplunk

Unread post by kersplunk »

Every morning as per her routine, when the light of the day is waxing but well before the streets are choked with the throngs of Baldurian citizens, the House Darius chandler and tavernmaster Carah Evenwood makes her rounds through the harbor district. She speaks with fishing vessel captains, dockmasters, warehouse foremen, exchanging briefings over the day's tasks and various tallies and production reports.

Of late, however, she has been spending far more hours in these tasks, often being out there before dawn and returning well after the day is in full swing. Rarely does she call attention to herself, often avoiding main thoroughfares and wearing heavy hoods (to ward off the late autumn chill, of course), but those who know and deal with her regularly would recognize her. Crews of burly workmen follow her direction in shuffling crates and pallets stamped with the House Darius insignia between the docks, warehouses, and estate with increased frequency as existing goods are consolidated to make room for increased orders made in anticipation of the coming trade hardships.

If confronted or questioned by a curious bystander intent on belligerence over the aristocracy's hoarding of food, unless faced with the imminent threat of violence or harm to her person, Carah would respond with sympathy to their plight, ask them to speak with her either at the Lyre itself or in the market later in the day... and perhaps conveniently "lose" a smoked fish or loaf of bread that just so happened to find its way into their pockets.
Carah Evenwood ~ "I want to believe you're wrong. That we can be judged by more than just the sum of our sins. But if you're not, we truly are in hell."

Elena Petrakou ~ "Naturally."

Rahalat Amastacia ~ *awkward lack of eye contact*
River Steel

Unread post by River Steel »

The night bells chimed into the morning hours.. two.. three.. four AM
and still the small bardess did not return to her room, or to the House proper.
This was the first time since she had been taken in that she remained out throughout the
night's passing.. no note, no word.. If asked, no one could say where she'd gone.. or why.
yyj

Looking for River Steel

Unread post by yyj »

A woman wearing blackrobes approaches the Darius House to ask around for River Steel.

When finding no concrete answer she leaves after with haste.
kersplunk

Let Them In

Unread post by kersplunk »

The Lewd Lyre was normally such a busy, bustling environment. Carah had grown so accustomed to the frantic pace of the place, always so alive with activity, and the feeling some days of wanting to pull her hair out for lack of enough hours in the day to keep up with all of the minutiae of keeping it a warm, inviting, and safe space for the people and adventurers of the city to come in for an evening of relative peace for themselves that the sensation within these walls tonight was alien to her.

She had been away for coming up on two moons now, and despite the hearths and sconces crackling with the inviting glow of warm fires, tonight it felt eerily abandoned. Empty. Cold. Pacing slowly in the garden atrium, between the doors flanking her that would provide her an egress, and the archway that led into the bar itself, she wrung her hands together, head down, wearing a trail in the fine red rug beneath her worn leather travelling boots. Her mind was tumbling end over end, caught in a churning whirlpool of thoughts she kept buried, locked away. This place had been her home for years now, since not long after she'd arrived on the shores of Baldur's Gate, washed up and malnourished, determined to start again. It had been her safe haven, her rock in a stormy sea. But had it...?

She had not truly noticed until now. But the vast stone hall tonight felt like a cave. An opulently decorated one, perhaps... but a hollow in cold stone all the same. What was worse, she wasn't even sure she felt anything about it. It just... was.

She stopped her pacing, turning her head to look through the archway into the empty bar. Joy's movement behind the counter drew her eye at first, but as she slowly pushed her hair from her brow with her fingertips, they moved to the curtain leading to the alcove off to the left, and lingered there.

"Miss Carah...?" a reverberant baritone voice called to her, startling her out of her thoughts. She wasn't aware of how much time had passed, but judging from the concerned look that the armored guard captain was giving her, it had been a while.

She smiled back at him, faintly, her shoulders dropping a little as she shook her head with an imperceptible movement. "Sorry, Halgard," she responded, waving a hand. "Just... thinking, I guess."

Halgard didn't hesitate before nodding and standing back at attention with a single thump of his halberd, seemingly satisfied with her answer. A pang of guilt washed over her in that moment. She hadn't told him yet. She hadn't really told much of anyone with House Darius. Looking down at her feet and wringing her hands together once more, she took a breath, and walked to the curtain, taking more and more care to quiet her footfalls the closer she drew.

Pulling back the curtain, she peeked inside, noting the two figures huddled on the couches before the fireplace, breathing steadily. She waited a few seconds before entering, and tiptoeing once again to quietly sit on the edge of the coffee table between them, folding her hands in her lap to watch them sleep.

Oth was curled up into a ball, his tall figure somehow crammed entirely onto once side of the sofa, the blanket into which she had previously tucked him hugged tightly to his chin. "Peaceful" was perhaps the wrong word to describe him, but there was an air of calm about the lanky elf that Carah didn't think she had ever seen in him before. His concave chest was rising and falling, unlabored, his eyes relatively still rather than darting this way and that beneath his lids. On the other sofa, beneath a thick padding of no fewer than three heavy blankets, Teris the fire gensai slumbered, lying on his back. And on his lips... a content smile.

It was infectious. A soft, fond smile played at the corners of Carah's own mouth, and she reached over to pull one of the corners that had fallen away from him back between him and the cushions with a gentle hand, running her fingers down the side of his face as she withdrew it. This poor man, the lonely, tormented gensai had known a war within unlike any other she'd known. The both of them were weakened from their ordeal two days prior, so much so that it was a wonder either of them were alive. And here he was, sleeping peacefully for the first time since she'd met him, and smiling.

She knew in her heart -- she had said so to him -- that it was because of him that she still could have this moment, and not one of mourning. Facing what either of them had faced alone would surely have destroyed them. Teris had known loneliness and isolation for as long as his memory served. Sure, she had tried for so long to be the friend to him that he had needed, but she hadn't always done well in that regard. If anything, he had more than one reason to hate her. To hate Oth. Or any number of others who had let their own personal struggles prevent them from reaching out to him, truly reaching him, and keep him on his lone rock in hostile waters.

And yet... he remained. He was here. He had done something selfless, knowing full well the risks to himself, the chance he was taking, for the love of someone dear to him.

A tear ran down her cheek, and she wiped it off, stubbornly, looking away with a quivering breath to the fire. Her mind raced with a thousand unwelcome thoughts she fought off one by one, stuffing them back into the recesses of her memory where she kept all of the other parts of her she never wanted to surface again. The resentment, the anger, the fear... Teris knew all of these, too. And here he was.

Sniffing once, she looked back to the dreaming gensai again, and smiled again, softly, despite the rivulets of melancholy tears running freely down her cheeks. She'd often told him that he was stronger than he believed he was, and she had never before believed it as much as she did in this moment. This was what it meant to love. This was what it meant to forgive, to sacrifice, to go all in for someone close to you even when it could take everything you had. Her face contorted, and she lowered her gaze to her lap, covering her mouth and closing her eyes as she fought back a sob.

She had seen that look of peace on Sabyn's face, too.

Teris loved his friends. And despite his own fear and isolation, no matter how lost and adrift he was, there was always room in his heart for another. No matter how small the bit of driftwood he clung to in the ocean of life was, he never turned away a hand reaching for help.

It was long past time she redoubled her efforts to make sure he knew it had not gone unnoticed... and to follow the example he had set for her all this time. This house was but a building. These people...

...they were her life.

Cold hearts break
Beneath the strain
But mine fills up in pouring rain
Feels like drowning
In icy seas
Surrounded by boats with no place for me
All tangled up
In my heartstrings
I try to play this melody

Was never meant to be alone

Let me in from this storm
There's no place to make you warm
On locked doors I keep pounding
"Please," I scream, "I think I'm drowning!"
Let me in, let me in
Let me in...

In the cold
I keep on swimming
Boats drift by with huddled figures
Shoulder to shoulder
They keep from freezing
Making it all just look so easy
All tangled up
In my heartstrings
I try to play this melody

Let me in from this storm
There's no place to make you warm
On locked doors I keep pounding
Let me in, let me in
Let me in...

Beneath the dark
Something calls to me
I hear a voice whispering softly
But I'm still drowning
I'm treading fasster
But another figure is in the water
A plank of wood
It drifts on by
So I'm racing towards it, and there I lie
I'm reaching out
For this stranger
I'll make room for them despite the danger

We were never meant to be alone

Let them in from this storm!
There's a place to keep them warm!
On locked doors they kept pounding
So I let them in, let them in
Let them in...

Carah Evenwood ~ "I want to believe you're wrong. That we can be judged by more than just the sum of our sins. But if you're not, we truly are in hell."

Elena Petrakou ~ "Naturally."

Rahalat Amastacia ~ *awkward lack of eye contact*
yyj

Chicken Businesa

Unread post by yyj »

A couple of planetouched beings leave the Estate , with the man looking somewhat worried and the other a female tiefling comforting him , they look around the market trying to buy furniture, a new sofa and stand, but after a while they return into the place empty handed, to a sofa ruined by a now sleeping chicken.

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”