Rumors of Ulgoths Beard

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

artemitavik

Re: Rumors of Ulgoths Beard

Unread post by artemitavik »

Mid-afternoon, in the lightly forested hills around Ulgoth's Beard, there is heard the echo of some sort of scream or cry. It is debatable on if it was a human making the sound.

A short time later, Derik Ranloss is seen making a hasty trip through town and disappears into the Last Anchor, heading immediately downstairs and ignoring any attempts from staff or patrons to hail him. He has wide, almost desperate looking eyes.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
LivT

Unread post by LivT »

Locals speak of some disturbance in the sea caves, and the maze of tunnels they lead to. Fishermen say that some “of them nature-folk” went into the cave, to retrieve something stolen. They emerged not long after in high spirits, then went their seperate ways.
Iolanna: High Druidess of the Green Enclave, Arch of the Crescent Moon, Druid of Greenest, Faithful of Eldath

Elle Avery: Knight of the Radiant Heart, Cleric of Tamara

Ophelia Hawthorne: Whitewood Vanguard

Daigon: Guardsman of the Rocky Creek Trading Company
MadSeer

Unread post by MadSeer »

A shirtless, hairy man can be seen spending the night in the sand at the shoreline, napping for one or two hours at a time, but staying awake for the rest of the night. He waits until the first rays of sunlight reach across the horizon before leaving.
artemitavik

There is some local talk about some odd activity at the Last Anchor and the local cemetery for the town.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
Fire Wolf

Unread post by Fire Wolf »

The shy druid living at the Last Anchor could be seen returning to the town from some event elsewhere. He seemed in a good mood and took a moment to follow a cute little squirrel around as it frolicked in the grass, only to be lead to the edge of the local cemetery where for some reason he decided to respectfully explore since he had not really taken a look before.
Apparently this was a mistake, as he stumbled upon something there which had him frozen in horror before he ran to the Last Anchor and hid upstairs in his room.
Anyone concerned about what happened could be relieved to hear it had nothing to do with the vampires lurking about lately whatsoever.
JustAnotherGirl

Drow seen on the beach

Unread post by JustAnotherGirl »

The Enclave had gathered at the beach for some fishing and relaxing. Soon a small spirit was seen up on the small cliff. A ranger with long brunette hair was seen chasing after it. Later, the same brunette was seen inside the small town, alerting the guards to the presence of a drow on Ulgoth's.

Ashling, High Ranger of the Green Enclave
JustAnotherGirl

What did I just see?

Unread post by JustAnotherGirl »

The brunette ranger could be seen relaxing on the beach with a large white wolf. The events of the evening left her wondering if she was dreaming or if the night really happened. . .did Barnacle Bob really retrieve a crab that was nearly as big as himself? Was the druid speaking nonsense or was he speaking in code that she couldn't figure out? Did he really dive headfirst into the fire?
Ashling, High Ranger of the Green Enclave
artemitavik

A posting is placed around Ulgoth's Beard:
To Whom it May Concern,

The Last Anchor is currently looking to fill two positions: Events Coordinator and Tavern Manager.

These positions can be both full or part time. Depending on ability and time available, there can be more than one person in each position.

Events Coordinator would be responsible for assisting the proprietor with setting up quarterly festival celebrations as well as events to help further the betterment of Ulgoth's Beard.

Tavern Manager would be responsible for management of the public tavern and inn spaces on a more regular day to day basis.

Please contact Derik Ranloss via missive (PM) to express interest.

Braithreachas Leomhainn
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

* Another tavern and another round of drinks! The man in the hat seems to be visiting every tavern this side of the coast. Coins to spend and drinks to consume, life couldn't be better for this man.*

“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's."

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"

Click to find out what time is it for the Bartender
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

In the dark of night...A woman is seen trying to save a man walking into the sea...That is suddenly snatched by a pair of horrible tentacles...The woman wearing an armor with a red and white tabard, slashed one of the tentacles which retreated back into the sea, taking a victim to the deep waters...Lost to the sea.
The woman remains guard in the beach after for some time.
artemitavik

The owner of the Last Anchor and resident of Ulgoth's Beard, Derik Ranloss, was seen moving towards the small town's tiny cemetery today. He apparently stayed there for several hours.

Braithreachas Leomhainn
InTheFlesh
Custom Content

Unread post by InTheFlesh »

An extremely intoxicated old half-orc was thrown out of the Bearded Mermaid late at night; after starting - and apparently winning - a brawl against an entire, equally intoxicated ship's crew.

Accounts vary as to what happened (one colorful account claims a man was hurled "through the ceiling") but it is likely that the old man will be at very least heavily billed and fined for his part in the damage done.
DM SummerBreeze
DM

Unread post by DM SummerBreeze »

The elf Alreielle, and her companion Ytarya, casued quite a stir amongst locals when the sight of a hellball being summoned out into the coastline was both seen, and heard. The waves shaking nearby ships and the subsequent disruption bringing many dead and charred fish, crabs, and other sea life to the surface of the water, or washed up along the beach.

The man known to some as Sel, has been nearly nightly, at the shoreline of Ulgoth's Beard, seemingly deliberating at the edges of the water for long periods of time throughout the night.
Discord Contact: @E1imination
I only do player requests if a player requests me specifically for a request. Otherwise I run my own written stories. <3
JustAnotherGuy

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

A green haired druid seen nearly daily along the beaches of Ulgoth's Beard would spot the carnage of the dead fish. His brows would furrow and he would begin to clean up the decaying carcasses, muttering to himself. Those near enough may have heard something about "First the Radiant Heart taints an entire island, and now this. People need to learn to clean up their messes."
"Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."
- Rudyard Kipling
artemitavik

Derik Ranloss stands by himself on the cliff overlooking the small harbor of Ulgoth's Beard, watching the fishing boats both big and small coming and going.

Somewhere down there was the creature causing all the fuss. Causing all the damage to his cozy little home town. The town where he made his life with Lannia and their son. The town that was now his to abide in and protect.

"Alright you cultist bastards and bloody abomination..." he mumbles to himself. "You want to play silent take over? Fine. But prep yourselves drek-heads, because you started a war of take over, and now it's going to come down on your heads. And it won't be silent..."

He watches a while longer, pulls up his hood, and strolls back down into the village.

Braithreachas Leomhainn

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”