Rumors of Ulgoths Beard

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

MockingBird

Re: Rumors of Ulgoths Beard

Unread post by MockingBird »

Slow and steady, construction of the Leviathan's Blush began.
Workers were hard at work, building the Blush board by board
While Captain Desrah's Shipwright, remained vigilant in his
oversight and management of the construction.
artemitavik

Unread post by artemitavik »

Derik would be seen on the beach watching the ship building for some time for a few days and then seen walking back to the Anchor with a smirk.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
artemitavik

Yesterday was an odd sight... several armed adventurers came out of the Anchor and teleported away. That's not so much odd, nor is that they teleported back some hours later.

What was odd was when they got back they had a blanket wrapped around some sort of large... egg?

Hey, your guess is as good as anyone else's.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
DM SummerBreeze
DM

Unread post by DM SummerBreeze »

Some of the local workers who have been working on the ship at Ulgoth's report that some of their fellows have gone missing. They also witnessed in the night, shapes in the dark, humanoid seemingly walking out into the ocean, though they were too afraid to approach them directly.
Discord Contact: @E1imination
I only do player requests if a player requests me specifically for a request. Otherwise I run my own written stories. <3
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

Prayer was held by a man on the windswept cliff overlooking the Beard, on a shrine of stacked stones set in such a way that the wind made noise as it passed through carved nooks and crannies. In the early marks, well before he'd be much further south, the man knelt, and prayed. Prayed for guidance, prayed for his men and women, and prayed that the road they were on would yield results.

The wind took his words, in the end, the wind takes everything.

“In the end, the wind takes everything, doesn't it? And why not? Why other? If the sweetness of our lives did not depart, there would be no sweetness at all.”
~Stephen King
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
Azroth

Unread post by Azroth »

A familiar fiddle-footed half-elf would be seen more frequent in and out of Ulgoth's once more, and moving between the city upon the mainland and the island.
After years of trying to give others a chance to prove to me they can shape up here, I have run out of patience. The numbers of nwn2 overall dropping in the past few years have told me the path others truly want to take. Actions speak louder than words.

It's not worth the investment.
artemitavik

Derik Ranloss, the proprietor of the Last Anchor, can be seen heading more or less Northward out of town. He is in full gear with a pack of seemingly extra provisions as he wanders off into the wilderness. He has not informed anyone it appears of his goal other than he is heading north and will be back in a few days.

Braithreachas Leomhainn
artemitavik

An odd sight is seen outside of Ulgoth's Beard. A contingent of Flaming Fist and several adventurers including Derik Ranloss, Teris, Oth, Graham, Lord Aaron, Vanira, Szarilana, and Yashe (if I missed anyone, ping me) confronted a creature of the depths and its mind controlled followers.

This has been the creature that had been plaguing the small town for some time since early last year, and the group seemed to be bargaining for one thing or another from it, seeming eager for it to leave.

The final deal seems to be that Derik bought a medium sized fishing trawler from a local and some people left on it with the tide, the creature agreeing that it would leave and not come back.

((Thank you DM Summer Breeze and Ink!))

Braithreachas Leomhainn
ValerieJean
Custom Content

Unread post by ValerieJean »

On the seventh of Kythorn, members and allies of the Whitewood Vanguard said farewell to a comrade, and dear friend. Mark the first as Kythorn as Olesya's end of watch, and may she keep a light shining at the end of the road, as she awaits those who all must surely some day join her.

Fare you well.

After all departed a long figure remained on the hilltop in the dark of night, a vocalization rang out with no words to them except the feeling of farewell is held in the voice as it sung for the departed member. //Jump to 44s

Radrilla Imrae Helvi'viir
Gaven Arkalis
Micar'vilchi Illiathor - Dhaerowathi (Drow Bane)
Mia
Donamira
AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange »

((4pm/16:00 EST))
((8pm/20:00 GMT))
.:Marietta Thairo:. Former Dreadlord. Hell on heels. Retired with her family somewhere.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.
Blackhorizon
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Blackhorizon »

Somewhere on the great heights watching over Ulgoth's Beard, on the vast plateau under the sky and surprisingly well hidden in the tall grass, one might accidentally come across with a small campsite with a simple stone circle for fire and one small tent that remain in place for several days. During the night, under the nightsky, a small figure might be seen seated on a small blanket. The figure remains very still for hours.
Fierlith Silverglade | Light of Sehanine Moonbow
Tara Leafheart | Hayley Aers

~~UTC+2 (+3 DST)~~
artemitavik

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20024&p=940259#p940259

As the rain of fire from the sky ceases, Derik Ranloss can be seen hurrying into Ulgoth's Beard.

Sizing up any damage, he sets about helping anyone in rubble as he is able either through improvised engineering or sheer strength. He also immediately checks on his own staff in the Anchor as well as Teris to make sure everyone is relatively alright and unscathed.

As for the strange creatures that appear, while magic may be unreliable currently, his sword and shield are not, and if such beasts come near his town and people, may the gods who have fallen silent have mercy on them, because he certainly won't.

Braithreachas Leomhainn
Fire Wolf

Unread post by Fire Wolf »

The druid Teris, who is known to live in Ulgoth's Beard, would have been absent from town at the time when chaos began raining from the sky.
As he hadn't yet returned, it could be assumed that he had found a place to hide somewhere in the wild along with his animals.
The exception being his horse, who has been resting by the stables at the time and not with the druid.
One can only hope that the horse came out of this madness unharmed, or else the terrified man would have one more thing to be sorrowful for when he returned, assuming he himself was actually safe.
BattleBee47

Unread post by BattleBee47 »

On a stormy day, much like the rest on the coast, a woman in a purple dress accompanied by a broad man in blue seem to search across the hilltop in Ulgoths Beard. Once the woman decided on a perfect spot, an old, battered lute would be buried as a marker. Soft prayer to Selune spoken before two departed.
Maevyn Edgar
Battle Bardess

Astere Laroux
Sentinel of the Spellsworn - Member of the Ebon Blade
artemitavik

For the last several days, Derik Ranloss would be seen staying mostly in and around the town he has called home for the last several years. He would be observed checking with the guards, making sure their training was current as well as patrolling the outer farms as well himself to discourage any banditry or animal attacks.

Braithreachas Leomhainn

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”